Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:09:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger - Half Time  (Read 6144 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Coppinger - Half Time
« Reply #30 on April 18, 2022, 05:21:07 pm by colincramb »
He’s not the man for me I’m afraid. Met him a few times in various places and he’s a good bloke, but he’s struggled, even with some backing in January. There an argument to say it’s improved slightly, but there’s equally many performances in the past 5 months that have been truly abysmal and far worse than some of the stuff under wellens.

It’s not all his fault though. Those above haven’t helped with incredibly poor recruitment and then there’s the injuries we’ve had all season. Hard to say whether it would have made much difference or not as we’ve never seen our first choice 11 all season really.

Very depressing. The club now has some very, very big decisions to make over the next few months. It’s worrying given the undoubted poor decision making over the past 18 months that has ultimately led to this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 18, 2022, 05:22:39 pm by Redroy »
  Well say what you want but I like a manager that can inspire a team at half time and make changes that get a result.

Aye, love those that really get their players going at the beginning of a big game so much so that they're 3 down at half time and look completely disorganised.

In all seriousness, I'm still on the fence about McSheffrey because of the state of the club when he took up the job but f**k knows where we go from here.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 18, 2022, 05:24:12 pm by Donnybax »
People need to wait a bit before they throw their toys out the pram.
A game doesn’t last 40 mins

What a stupid thing to post.
It’s the 40 minute display that’s cost us the win.
Are you saying the second half makes everything ok?

Of course not, but coming on here halfway through a game slagging off the performance is ridiculous.
At least wait until the end.

We’ve been down for a few weeks now, but there’s definite signs of improvement,
there are no signs of improvement whatsoever

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 18, 2022, 05:25:25 pm by danumdon »
The fact the game ended up all square in no way endorses the abilities of this management setup, if anything it shows it for all its inherent weakness and lack of any plan of action for a game.

To start with Galbraith when he knew this was a must win match is criminal, we needed goals and strikers on the field to try to effect the game, what did we do , we set up like we have been in all his time in charge which is weak and ineffective to anyone who watches a game of football. We have no plan, no go forward and no idea how to win a match.

The fact he took Galbraith off at half time and stuck Rio on was on the face of it for him a face saver to look like he was being proactive but on this occasion the two strike force started to link up and play.

Questions need to be asked why the manager cannot get the team to play in the same manner as the second half today, the fact they did does not excuse him of the shitshow that has been his team and this season, we have been no better off with him in charge and i would say keeping RW would of produced equal or better results.

Its now plain to everyone who has watched this disgrace from new year onwards to know that this is not the way forward for us, we need to start afresh and wipe this truly awful season from the memory.

Now that its all over bar WW3 breaking out we need to start the renewal now. We don't have time to waste.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 18, 2022, 05:25:32 pm by i_ateallthepies »
We didnt start playing untill we were 3 down in a must win game, this result changes nothing for me.

I think what actually happened was that Shrewsbury stopped playing and gave us the ball.  You could see how the game suddenly changed after we got our second, suddenly we could barely get the ball.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 18, 2022, 05:25:41 pm by dickos1 »
Of course there are,

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 18, 2022, 05:25:51 pm by ditch_drfc »

Hahahahaaa a modern day classic right there

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 18, 2022, 05:29:05 pm by ditch_drfc »
  Well say what you want but I like a manager that can inspire a team at half time and make changes that get a result.

By get a result, you mean a result that effectively sees us relegated.

If you're happy with that result, fair enough, but don't be surprised when the rest of us aren't!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 18, 2022, 05:29:54 pm by dickos1 »

So if we’d won 4-3 wouldn't you have felt a bit silly?
You would’ve looked it.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 18, 2022, 05:30:54 pm by Donnybax »
Of course there are,
what are they?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 18, 2022, 05:31:02 pm by dickos1 »

If you're happy with that result, fair enough, but don't be surprised when the rest of us aren't!

We weren’t relegated today,
Relegated ages ago, in fact I’m pretty sure you’ve been saying for months we’re relegated.
Coming back from 3-0 down deserves credit

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 18, 2022, 05:32:45 pm by dickos1 »
Of course there are,
what are they?

Performances have improved since Wycombe,
We’ve scored 6 goals in 3 games, after scoring 0 in 5/6.
His signings have started to come good

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 18, 2022, 05:33:52 pm by RoversAlias »

It has happened once, in a must-win game. We also chucked a 3-0 lead to lose to a relegation rival under this manager. We get railroaded routinely by average teams, and McSheffrey has got his set-up and selection all wrong yet again today.

He's nowhere near good enough for the job.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 18, 2022, 05:34:06 pm by Campsall rover »

You would’ve looked it.
Dickos we didn’t win 4-3 

We were 3-0 down at half time because we didn’t turn up 1st half.
Question. Is that acceptable Yes or no?  No waffle Yes or no?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 18, 2022, 05:34:28 pm by Donnybax »
Of course there are,
what are they?

so you’re using a pool of 3 games?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 18, 2022, 05:34:54 pm by Copps is Magic »
The arguments for GM all seem to be a bit mysterious - he's mildly improved some stats here and there, he's good on the training ground, we look slightly better than before.

Fundamentally, we look shellshocked at the start of almost every game - a complete lack of organisation, setup, and even more worryingly motivation or urgency among the players. The amount of individual errors among the players is mindblowing. The defense can't defend, and the attackers can't score goal on a regular basis. The lack of instruction to the players is exposed by the co-commentator every week on iplayer.

For me GM has to go and we need a clean break and fresh ideas.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2022, 05:35:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Reminder that Martin, Mipo, Galbraith and Smith won’t be here next season, and certain Bostock will not be either. That’s basically half the side today. Look what you are left with.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 18, 2022, 05:37:16 pm by ditch_drfc »

You would’ve looked it.

Given I didn't say anything during the match you make no sense (as usual).

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 18, 2022, 05:39:46 pm by Campsall rover »
The fact that we showed we are capable of scoring 3 goals in one half of a football match just shows even more how utterly unacceptable the 1st half no show was.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 05:42:22 pm by Campsall rover »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 18, 2022, 05:41:00 pm by mushRTID »
The arguments for GM all seem to be a bit mysterious - he's mildly improved some stats here and there, he's good on the training ground, we look slightly better than before.

Fundamentally, we look shellshocked at the start of almost every game - a complete lack of organisation, setup, and even more worryingly motivation or urgency among the players. The amount of individual errors among the players is mindblowing. The defense can't defend, and the attackers can't score goal on a regular basis. The lack of instruction to the players is exposed by the co-commentator every week on iplayer.

For me GM has to go and we need a clean break and fresh ideas.

Agree with every word of this.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 18, 2022, 05:42:56 pm by ditch_drfc »

Relegated ages ago, in fact I’m pretty sure you’ve been saying for months we’re relegated.

Perhaps you could find some quotes of mine that say that? Or not because you're inventing rubbish.

Funny how GM deserves credit for the team scoring 3 goals.. But the first half performance wasn't his fault at all..

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 18, 2022, 05:44:57 pm by GazLaz »
The result in isolation was an ok one. In the situation we are in it’s obviously not enough. GM has got us a point a game since he came in. Much better than what went before him. Is he brilliant? No. Is he completely useless? No. Are we a better team than when he took over? Yes. Is he good enough to get us straight back up? Possibly.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 18, 2022, 05:47:20 pm by Pliskin »
A few players have come into fitness recently and yes, we've resembled a somewhat competitive side against 2 teams with nothing to play for and another against bottom of the league.

That this is considered to be an improvement shows how low the bar has been set.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 18, 2022, 05:50:44 pm by GazLaz »
A few players have come into fitness recently and yes, we've resembled a somewhat competitive side against 2 teams with nothing to play for and another against bottom of the league.

That this is considered to be an improvement shows how low the bar has been set.

Improvement means you have become better than what you were. Also, it’s not a static thing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 18, 2022, 05:52:51 pm by dickos1 »

You would’ve looked it.
Dickos we didn’t win 4-3 

We were 3-0 down at half time because we didn’t turn up 1st half.
Question. Is that acceptable Yes or no?  No waffle Yes or no?

But nobody knew that after 40 mins was my point.
3-3 is a decent result in isolation

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 18, 2022, 05:53:42 pm by Pside »
Maybe he’s improved us slightly but bloody hell we were lower than low when he took over. For me his tactics and in game management are non existent. He can’t continue on that basis alone. If he does we’ll be no where near next year. There are a lot of decent clubs in league 2 with probably some big spenders coming up. I think it will be mid table personally unless we sort this out

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 18, 2022, 05:54:22 pm by dickos1 »

Perhaps you could find some quotes of mine that say that? Or not because you're inventing rubbish.

Funny how GM deserves credit for the team scoring 3 goals.. But the first half performance wasn't his fault at all..

Are you mental?
Where has anyone said the first half wasn’t his fault, the game lasts longer than 40 mins.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 18, 2022, 05:55:19 pm by dickos1 »
Of course there are,
what are they?

You asked what the improvements were
I’ve given you some,

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 18, 2022, 05:55:47 pm by Donnybax »
The result in isolation was an ok one. In the situation we are in it’s obviously not enough. GM has got us a point a game since he came in. Much better than what went before him. Is he brilliant? No. Is he completely useless? No. Are we a better team than when he took over? Yes. Is he good enough to get us straight back up? Possibly.
possibly good enough to get us back up based on what? Our inability to create chances or our idiotic defending?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 18, 2022, 05:59:23 pm by Donnybax »
Of course there are,
what are they?

You asked what the improvements were
I’ve given you some,
you cannot use such a small pool though Dickos I think you probably know you’re clutching at straws. For me since Mansfield at home in the cup we’ve been appalling. I genuinely can’t think of one reason as to why Mcsheffrey should be our manager next season. And if anyone can I am genuinely interested to hear what they are.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012