Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 03:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time for the owners and Chairmain  (Read 5140 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Time for the owners and Chairmain
« on April 19, 2022, 12:04:53 am by Canadian Rover »
Not to resign/sell but for a true open communication to the fans explaining the situation, mistakes learnt and the possibility of assurances from the board about out future.

We also should name our released list 1st thing tomorrow. Let's give the fans an indication of what is happening.

Also if Mcsheffrey and Sinclair are being kept on and backed come out and say it!

Time for a clear indication of intentions.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Time for the owners and Chairmain
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2022, 12:07:54 am by since-1969 »
Not to resign/sell but for a true open communication to the fans explaining the situation, mistakes learnt and the possibility of assurances from the board about out future.

We also should name our released list 1st thing tomorrow. Let's give the fans an indication of what is happening.

Also if Mcsheffrey and Sinclair are being kept on and backed come out and say it!

They are
hear no evil ,
see no evil
and speak no evil !

The owners of  DRFC

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2022, 03:48:33 am by Donny Exile in York »

They are
hear no evil ,
see no evil
and speak no evil !

The owners of  DRFC

And alot of the holier than thou brigade on here!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2022, 04:14:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Indecision causes havoc. Decisive, clear decisions need to be made now. A path to improvement is needed so our support can see the picture of what is going to happen.
Muddled up thinking has led us to relegation.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2022, 06:09:53 am by Padge_DRFC »
Bramall funds it all. Baldwin has essentially made all the club Doncaster money by all accounts. Can someone let me know what Blunt does?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2022, 08:13:01 am by i_ateallthepies »
Leads the football operation, apparently.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2022, 08:57:25 am by RoversAlias »
You can't name your Retained list before the season has ended. What would be the point in that? There'll be players in our team in those next two games who won't be getting kept on.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2022, 09:06:27 am by Not Now Kato »
You can't name your Retained list before the season has ended. What would be the point in that? There'll be players in our team in those next two games who won't be getting kept on.

Then they shouldn’t be playing in the next two games, they’re somewhat pointless anyway. We should be blooding some of the youngsters, they could hardly do much worse and the experience would be good for them.

Time for the manager to make a statement.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2022, 09:32:01 am by steve@dcfd »
What youngsters that are any where near good enough. If the club or manager believes playing youngsters next season will get out of league 2 they are living in the clouds. We made a mistake last summer by signing 6 because it look good and none of them are ready for the first team. I’m all for bringing young players through but they should have to prove they are good enough first and we haven’t got the structure.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2022, 09:37:41 am by pib »
GM still believes a miracle can happen, so I can't see him naming anything other than what he sees as his strongest XI for the next game.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 19, 2022, 10:57:36 am by Move DRFC »
Compare Blunt with JR and it's no real mind boggler to understand why we are where we are.

The guy is useless.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 19, 2022, 01:27:56 pm by RoversAlias »

Then they shouldn’t be playing in the next two games, they’re somewhat pointless anyway. We should be blooding some of the youngsters, they could hardly do much worse and the experience would be good for them.

Time for the manager to make a statement.

We've seen the youngsters play this season and they aren't ready, nor does chucking the likes of Horton and Hasani into this weak, losing side do their development any good.

For me, you play your best XI every week and we need to try and end this season with some positive results now.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 19, 2022, 01:46:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The youth system has produced probably two that have a chance, Horton and Faulkner. The rest are probably not going to make it. Kuleya has some promise to him. The youth system needs improvement as well as the scouting to get these players.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 19, 2022, 03:46:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The youth system has produced probably two that have a chance, Horton and Faulkner. The rest are probably not going to make it. Kuleya has some promise to him. The youth system needs improvement as well as the scouting to get these players.

Have you seen Faulkner play? Or any of the other youth team players to form that opinion

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 19, 2022, 05:20:48 pm by Fal »
Richie Wellens posted on his Twitter about the great 5 weeks he has had at Leyton Orient and looking forward to the future.

I responded with “shows what happens when you have owners that back you” and he himself likes the comment. As much as a t**t Wellens is that tells you enough that the problem is and always has been the board.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 19, 2022, 05:33:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
He didn’t half sign some dross and needs to take responsibility for that aspect.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 19, 2022, 05:45:33 pm by Fal »

He didn’t half sign some dross and needs to take responsibility for that aspect.

That I don’t disagree with, but as the above points out was he hindered by the board as to the quality of players he could sign?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 19, 2022, 05:51:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Compare Blunt with JR and it's no real mind boggler to understand why we are where we are.

The guy is useless.

How about comparing the Chairman of any other league club against JR? None of them act like JR, they must all be useless. QED.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 19, 2022, 05:57:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Richie Wellens posted on his Twitter about the great 5 weeks he has had at Leyton Orient and looking forward to the future.

I responded with “shows what happens when you have owners that back you” and he himself likes the comment. As much as a t**t Wellens is that tells you enough that the problem is and always has been the board.

It doesn't prove anything, of course he's going to like a post blaming someone other than him for his failure at Rovers. Why wouldn't he? When he was failing here, his family were going all over social media arguing with fans to defend him.

We've not really got any proof of who decided what last summer. The entire structure was a mess and everyone made mistakes, not least of all Wellens in his chosen signings and his failure to get the team going on the pitch, which was his job.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 19, 2022, 06:08:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
But he certainly got Leyton Orient going in his first 10 matches he’s had at the club. He had the players required there and at 19/20 pts in 10 games it shows he can get a league 2 side playing. But he didn’t have covid to get over injuries and having to spread out the funds he had to try and get players and loans. But that’s gone now we got GMC who got his own 8 players and he’s not got the best out of all of them some yes now others we are still waiting but like Richie when you have to spread the funds sometimes it doesn’t work.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 19, 2022, 06:24:57 pm by scawsby steve »

I don't get that, Fal. RW hasn't had a window at Orient yet, so he can't know if the owners will back him.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 19, 2022, 06:27:34 pm by Fal »

I don't get that, Fal. RW hasn't had a window at Orient yet, so he can't know if the owners will back him.

Whilst you make a good point, you can’t be ignorant to the fact that discussions with the board will have already taken place for next year and what his potential budget would be?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 19, 2022, 06:34:31 pm by scawsby steve »

Whilst you make a good point, you can’t be ignorant to the fact that discussions with the board will have already taken place for next year and what his potential budget would be?

I totally agree, Fal; but that then begs the question of why RW took the Rovers job on if he knew the budget would be insufficient.

Unless the Rovers reneged on what they promised him.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 19, 2022, 06:38:04 pm by Fal »

I totally agree, Fal; but that then begs the question of why RW took the Rovers job on if he knew the budget would be insufficient.

Unless the Rovers reneged on what they promised him.

It does make you wonder but can only imagine it’s due to his ties with the club. Sadly any manager that we have is going to have the same problem and likelihood to have to rely on frees and loans.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 19, 2022, 06:43:10 pm by roversdude »

So he likes a tweet that absolves him of being shit and that points the finger at the board. He hasn’t got to totally rebuild there has he ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 19, 2022, 06:46:25 pm by roversdude »
Free transfers hmmmmm wasn’t Messi signed by PSG on a free

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 19, 2022, 06:54:40 pm by Fal »
Free transfers hmmmmm wasn’t Messi signed by PSG on a free

Not really free though was he? Sure the transfer might have been? His wages will be astronomical so it’s a bit silly to compare a cash rich club like PSG to little ol Donny Rovers with “substantial funds”

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 19, 2022, 06:57:43 pm by keith79 »

That I don’t disagree with, but as the above points out was he hindered by the board as to the quality of players he could sign?

he signed what he could afford.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 19, 2022, 07:36:10 pm by roversdude »
Just proves the point that because a player is signed on a free doesn’t mine it’s a cheap option that’s all

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 19, 2022, 07:48:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Unattached players aren't free but forcing yourself as a club to only shop in that pool greatly reduces the quality of players you can acquire.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012