Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 03:03:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time for the owners and Chairmain  (Read 5141 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Time for the owners and Chairmain
« Reply #30 on April 19, 2022, 07:58:16 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The youth system has produced probably two that have a chance, Horton and Faulkner. The rest are probably not going to make it. Kuleya has some promise to him. The youth system needs improvement as well as the scouting to get these players.

Have you seen Faulkner play? Or any of the other youth team players to form that opinion

Yes, why?.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 19, 2022, 08:01:39 pm by ravenrover »
Free transfers hmmmmm wasn’t Messi signed by PSG on a free
Wages have been mentioned but what about the agents fee, that will have run into multi millions

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 19, 2022, 10:33:37 pm by Move DRFC »
Richie Wellens posted on his Twitter about the great 5 weeks he has had at Leyton Orient and looking forward to the future.

I responded with “shows what happens when you have owners that back you” and he himself likes the comment. As much as a t**t Wellens is that tells you enough that the problem is and always has been the board.

I don't get that, Fal. RW hasn't had a window at Orient yet, so he can't know if the owners will back him.

Whilst you make a good point, you can’t be ignorant to the fact that discussions with the board will have already taken place for next year and what his potential budget would be?

I totally agree, Fal; but that then begs the question of why RW took the Rovers job on if he knew the budget would be insufficient.

Unless the Rovers reneged on what they promised him.

He said in a podcast a few weeks ago he took the job because he loved the club and he let his heart rule his head. Basically said he couldn't believe how bad the budget was and regrets taking it.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 19, 2022, 10:34:38 pm by Move DRFC »
Compare Blunt with JR and it's no real mind boggler to understand why we are where we are.

The guy is useless.

How about comparing the Chairman of any other league club against JR? None of them act like JR, they must all be useless. QED.

Okay, in this post I'm not going to compare Blunt to anyone.

He's still useless.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 20, 2022, 09:31:05 am by silent majority »
Richie Wellens posted on his Twitter about the great 5 weeks he has had at Leyton Orient and looking forward to the future.

I responded with “shows what happens when you have owners that back you” and he himself likes the comment. As much as a t**t Wellens is that tells you enough that the problem is and always has been the board.

I don't get that, Fal. RW hasn't had a window at Orient yet, so he can't know if the owners will back him.

Whilst you make a good point, you can’t be ignorant to the fact that discussions with the board will have already taken place for next year and what his potential budget would be?

I totally agree, Fal; but that then begs the question of why RW took the Rovers job on if he knew the budget would be insufficient.

He said in a podcast a few weeks ago he took the job because he loved the club and he let his heart rule his head. Basically said he couldn't believe how bad the budget was and regrets taking it.

Yet when he was appointed he said he was happy with the budget and couldn't believe how good it was.

Hypocrite?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 20, 2022, 09:38:52 am by elmsallrover »
Or what the board say and what the board give is two different things

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 20, 2022, 09:46:51 am by Move DRFC »

Yet when he was appointed he said he was happy with the budget and couldn't believe how good it was.

Hypocrite?

I very much doubt he said that to anyone other than the board and if he did do he was probably lying let's be honest. Obviously he'd have wanted to impress. On the flip side why would he lie on a Blackpool FC podcast?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 20, 2022, 09:54:09 am by Donnybax »
He’s not the first manager to come out and say the budget isn’t good enough is he. Maybe we just appoint constant liars…

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 20, 2022, 10:30:07 am by Glyn_Wigley »
He’s not the first manager to come out and say the budget isn’t good enough is he. Maybe we just appoint constant liars…

Funny how it's only the ones who were useless that say that though, isn't it.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 20, 2022, 12:47:17 pm by elmsallrover »
What's Gary mc excuse then

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 20, 2022, 01:31:46 pm by silent majority »

Don't all managers blame the budget though?

They're hardly going to say it was their fault and they weren't good enough.

Some managers can only survive because they can spend money, Harry Redknapp being a prime example.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 20, 2022, 01:43:33 pm by ravenrover »
I get the impression that RW was trying to pull a fast one on the board. He, in my opinion, blew most of it on his early signings but kept saying we still needed a def midfielder, and a striker, and a goalkeeper etc etc. The funds he was after didn't materialise and he had to go basement bargain shopping so in his eyes the budget wasn't enough

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 20, 2022, 01:55:32 pm by pib »
It's not necessarily the budget, but how it's used (and often wasted). The board pick the manager and TIM, and give them control over how the budget is spent. Ergo if the budget is misused or wasted, it's a problem the board have created for themselves.

We've been crying out for footballing and recruitment expertise for a while. Hopefully the next few months are where we see this addressed.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 20, 2022, 02:13:07 pm by Barmby Rover »
It's not necessarily the budget, but how it's used (and often wasted). The board pick the manager and TIM, and give them control over how the budget is spent. Ergo if the budget is misused or wasted, it's a problem the board have created for themselves.

We've been crying out for footballing and recruitment expertise for a while. Hopefully the next few months are where we see this addressed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 20, 2022, 02:26:31 pm by Fal »

Dickov clearly said on a podcast that he was told to tell the fans we have a top 6 budget when in reality we haven’t.

I’m sorry for me there is far too much evidence (granted it’s by word of mouth on podcasts) to show that it’s the board that is the problem and our budget is simply shocking and you would imagine with relegation and if we don’t go straight back up it will only get worse over time.

I just can’t see a way forward for the club at this current moment in time without significant investment in the club, whether that be a takeover or the board putting extra money into the club. Something needs to happen, I mean the fans are already against the club and just imagine what a poor start to league two next season will bring….

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 20, 2022, 02:27:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Jesus wept. All managers are responsible to work with the budget they have and of course, he and the board will try to stretch that budget as best they can!

However, neither Wellens, GMc or the board could have foreseen that a high proportion of that budget was going to remain unavailable on the treatment table for most of the season!

With those players available more often, it's a different story. Stop looking beyond what is obvious and making things up.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 20, 2022, 02:32:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Dickov clearly said on a podcast that he was told to tell the fans we have a top 6 budget when in reality we haven’t.

I’m sorry for me there is far too much evidence (granted it’s by word of mouth on podcasts) to show that it’s the board that is the problem and our budget is simply shocking and you would imagine with relegation and if we don’t go straight back up it will only get worse over time.

I just can’t see a way forward for the club at this current moment in time without significant investment in the club, whether that be a takeover or the board putting extra money into the club. Something needs to happen, I mean the fans are already against the club and just imagine what a poor start to league two next season will bring….

And on the subject of Dickov, he had no grounds for complaint with the players he had at his disposal. I don't give a monkeys what he said in a podcast but if you really believe Dickov was unjustly sacked then you and all those that keep harping back to this need to look back at the players we had and acquired during his tenure.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 20, 2022, 03:01:59 pm by Bessie Red »

Paul Dickov was directly appointed by JR as he was a good friend of his. At the same time JR was setting up the ill fated  Sequentia deal so it wouldn't surprise me if JR had told him that he would have a massive budget however Terry thwarted JR's deal and probably gave PD what was the true budget, so I wouldn't be inclined to believe anything that comes out of PD's mouth regards budget considering what was going on at the club at the time, remember JR said we would be signing Richard Dunn and other Premier league players!!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 20, 2022, 03:04:33 pm by ravenrover »
Jesus wept. All managers are responsible to work with the budget they have and of course, he and the board will try to stretch that budget as best they can!

However, neither Wellens, GMc or the board could have foreseen that a high proportion of that budget was going to remain unavailable on the treatment table for most of the season!

With those players available more often, it's a different story. Stop looking beyond what is obvious and making things up.
Are we talking at cross purposes here I wonder? I am talking about the budget for new players. Players that are already contracted hardly come into that equation hence his comments about trying to free up more funds to spend by getti g players off the payroll. Hardly making things up

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 20, 2022, 03:22:37 pm by jamesrover17 »
I get the impression that RW was trying to pull a fast one on the board. He, in my opinion, blew most of it on his early signings but kept saying we still needed a def midfielder, and a striker, and a goalkeeper etc etc. The funds he was after didn't materialise and he had to go basement bargain shopping so in his eyes the budget wasn't enough

I reckon most if not all of the budget went on Knoyle, Close and Rowe then realised that we had no strikers...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 20, 2022, 03:27:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
We did have a striker, that he was told would be ready for the second league game!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 20, 2022, 03:32:07 pm by steve@dcfd »

That’s why Richie wasn’t a hypocrite Martin,he believed and was told players would be available to him for preseason and they were not. He was also told to acquire more players he would have to let go of other players and he couldn’t they wouldn’t go. So he found out what he thought was enough to get the players he wanted was not enough. It also shown as the seasons progressed we couldn’t get the quality league one players we needed with the money that was available. Even GMC who was given extra in the January transfer window had to spread it about and none of them have proved to be good League one standard. He also jumped for Agard we couldn’t turn that one away but never played him and he’s injured now so was GMC an hypocrite for saying that.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 20, 2022, 03:33:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
Raven, there isn’t 2 budgets as far as I’m aware, the budget IS the budget!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 20, 2022, 03:38:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Coleman at Accrington has got the lowest budget in League 1

He has kept them in the league for how many years must be at least 7 now
Not just kept them in the league but mid table most seasons.

Good managers don’t need the biggest budget. It helps of course but it guarantees nothing.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 20, 2022, 03:40:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
What I was told by Martin money coming in is used to pay bills etc and what is left is the playing budget that covers all players . At least 50% of our playing budget as been on the treatment table this season. That the biggest crime that we’ve had players out either all season or majority of it and it appears no enquiries have been carried out to find out why. Some have also been miss diagnosed at some point. We are debating funds when the cost per treatment this season must have been at lot more than cost per goal.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 20, 2022, 03:40:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
Baldwin stated what the budget was at the start of the season, the 14th highest in the league. I've posted on here before that (although this amount is pegged to our average att which is around the 14th highest) I thought that was too low. Undoubtedly, it was rectified a little in January and probably didn't finish the 14th highest.

So it wasn't, or shouldn't, have been a surprise to anyone. Especially not Wellens. The fact is, Wellens left us well below 14th and rationalised that budget by spending it on the likes of Barlow and Gardner.

In my opinion, he's been a bit of gobshite since he left, and he should keep his beak out of it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 20, 2022, 03:42:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Coleman at Accrington has got the lowest budget in League 1

He has kept them in the league for how many years must be at least 7 now
Not just kept them in the league but mid table most seasons.

Good managers don’t need the biggest budget. It helps of course but it guarantees nothing.
As Accrington had 7 players who would have played out injured for the majority of the season.?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 20, 2022, 03:42:49 pm by Campsall rover »

That’s why Richie wasn’t a hypocrite Martin,he believed and was told players would be available to him for preseason and they were not. He was also told to acquire more players he would have to let go of other players and he couldn’t they wouldn’t go. So he found out what he thought was enough to get the players he wanted was not enough. It also shown as the seasons progressed we couldn’t get the quality league one players we needed with the money that was available. Even GMC who was given extra in the January transfer window had to spread it about and none of them have proved to be good League one standard. He also jumped for Agard we couldn’t turn that one away but never played him and he’s injured now so was GMC an hypocrite for saying that.
Think GM was just going on Asgard’s past record. Plymouth hardly played him at all. There was a reason for that and a reason they got rid of him.
GM didnt play him presumably because after seeing him in training he wasn’t good enough.

2+2+2 =6

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 20, 2022, 03:44:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Baldwin stated what the budget was at the start of the season, the 14th highest in the league. I've posted on here before that (although this amount is pegged to our average att which is around the 14th highest) I thought that was too low. Undoubtedly, it was rectified a little in January and probably didn't finish the 14th highest.

So it wasn't, or shouldn't, have been a surprise to anyone. Especially not Wellens. The fact is, Wellens left us well below 14th and rationalised that budget by spending it on the likes of Barlow and Gardner.

In my opinion, he's been a bit of gobshite since he left, and he should keep his beak out of it.
How did Evatt a big mate of GMC know and say in the press that Gary had to work with limited finances does that make GMC a gob shite as you put it or does the truth really hurt.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 20, 2022, 03:45:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Are we talking at cross purposes here I wonder? I am talking about the budget for new players. Players that are already contracted hardly come into that equation hence his comments about trying to free up more funds to spend by getti g players off the payroll. Hardly making things up

There's only one budget. New and existing players are paid out of the same pot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012