Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:49:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Okenabirhie  (Read 3735 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Okenabirhie
« on April 22, 2022, 12:16:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
Unfortunately for Fej he’s having or had another operation on his Achilles. He will be out for at least 4 months. Rovers will look after his medical bills and mental well being. This has been a disaster for him since last May and also us.
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/injured-doncaster-rovers-striker-suffers-yet-another-major-setback-3663957

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Okenabirhie
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2022, 12:29:31 pm by RoversAlias »
Another pre-season in the bin for Fejiri then, an utter nightmare for the poor lad.

He would've been a good player to have in League Two, he can score goals, but it seems that is a long way off being remotely possible now.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2022, 12:33:44 pm by ChrisBx »
Poor guy, he's had no luck. Fingers crossed he can get on and recover over the summer.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2022, 12:35:31 pm by keith79 »
Wasn't he only supposed to be out for 6 weeks

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2022, 01:04:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
It looks like the decision making between last May then July to first operation in November should and could have been better. Injections appear were a waste and wrong diagnosis which put him back and may have caused more harm.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2022, 01:16:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
All these lads have had very rocky recoveries.

“One of strongest squads in the league come March” relied entirely on the secret six being fit. It turns out only Bostock was half-fit come March and the rest not only were not fit at all, but poor Fejiri is out for several months longer.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2022, 01:31:57 pm by roversdude »
So his contract is up, do we exercise an option to keep him in the hope he gets fit. Would imagine at the very least we would be looking after him as we did Joe Wright.
Such a shame for him (and us)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2022, 01:53:11 pm by glosterred »
If there was an option to sign him for another year and he was definitely fit then I’d say sign him, but having had a year or more with no football, minimal training, he is going to be out for a good while into the new season. For that reason I say let him go as there is no guarantee that he won’t be out for more than the 4 months he is due to be out this time. Pity as I think if he’d have been fit this season we’d have had a much better chance of staying up.

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2022, 02:01:49 pm by Filo »
Get rid, we can’t afford for someone to take a wage and potentially not play again

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2022, 02:20:09 pm by GazLaz »
I feel sorry for him. Was close to having a very good real breakout season I think.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2022, 02:23:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
I feel sorry for him. Was close to having a very good real breakout season I think.

Not this season it wouldn’t have been!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2022, 02:36:36 pm by GazLaz »

Not this season it wouldn’t have been!

No it wouldn’t. Kane could have been upfront and would have got double figures.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2022, 02:37:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Get rid, we can’t afford for someone to take a wage and potentially not play again

What? Isn't he covered by any injury insurance?

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2022, 02:43:55 pm by DD »
Get rid. We are not a charity.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2022, 02:46:00 pm by Filo »

You tell me, does injury insurance cover a players wage?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2022, 02:51:33 pm by Bessie Red »
If there was an option to sign him for another year and he was definitely fit then I’d say sign him, but having had a year or more with no football, minimal training, he is going to be out for a good while into the new season. For that reason I say let him go as there is no guarantee that he won’t be out for more than the 4 months he is due to be out this time. Pity as I think if he’d have been fit this season we’d have had a much better chance of staying up.

COYR
If we were to offer an extension it would have to be based on pay as you play with say added goal bonuses.

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2022, 02:59:00 pm by donnyspadge »
I see it being the same as Wright we will help him with his recovery and getting back to fitness then we will see if there is anything for him and even if he wants to stay with us when fit.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2022, 03:04:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
When? Or if?

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2022, 03:04:18 pm by acacia94 »
Am not medical and have no hard evidence apart from the chat on here but it sounds like the players care with injuries at DRFC has been poor this season. Too many cases of strange things happening – look at the John Taylor stuff, and weird news statements about players returning. There could be some onus on the club looking after Okenabirhie and maybe others, over and above their contract entitlements. Been a 'Stranger Things' season hasnt it!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2022, 03:07:57 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Don't think that's how insurance works. It'll cover the cost of treatment and he may have a personal policy that covers loss of earnings but we as a club won't be getting anything for his wages.

In any case if he's out of contract no way are we going to offer a new contract and the insurance company say yeah sound we'll keep paying for that!

We're not a charity can't offer him a deal until he's back and over the injury. As others have said let him use our facilities and rehab with us then we can get a contract offer out to him if he recovers well and we need a striker/have money

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2022, 03:57:16 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The club doesn’t behave like that, we’ve seen quite a few times. We don’t always get any loyalty shown back that’s the problem.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2022, 04:34:30 pm by EasyforDennis »
Club Doncaster appears to be a success with all their various ideas. Maybe they should set up a rehabilitation centre for injured footballers?
Oh hang on we have got one already haven't we?  :crying: :crying:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2022, 05:27:20 pm by roversdude »
Am not medical and have no hard evidence apart from the chat on here but it sounds like the players care with injuries at DRFC has been poor this season. Too many cases of strange things happening – look at the John Taylor stuff, and weird news statements about players returning. There could be some onus on the club looking after Okenabirhie and maybe others, over and above their contract entitlements. Been a 'Stranger Things' season hasnt it!

Not 100% sure but don’t think Rovers do surgery, it’s a problem with a different part of his Achilles.
However wasn’t the original diagnosis flat feet ?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2022, 05:57:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It would be like the injured jockeys fund, if we set up a fund like that :lol:

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 22, 2022, 06:34:08 pm by jmt23 »
I think this is maybe down to COVID, the treatment they would’ve  usually received instantly, has been pushed back and they will be, or at least were, only getting physio advice and some form of pain management.

Unfortunately we have had players who require surgery during a time when it wasn’t possible.

The injury Fej and now Tom have (fascia plantitis ) is not one I am aware has a cure - I am a long term sufferer, it comes and goes at will, and there is absolutely no way you can run with it - imagine every step someone sticks a long blunt needle through the arch of you foot!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 22, 2022, 08:29:02 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I think this is maybe down to COVID, the treatment they would’ve  usually received instantly, has been pushed back and they will be, or at least were, only getting physio advice and some form of pain management.

Unfortunately we have had players who require surgery during a time when it wasn’t possible.

The injury Fej and now Tom have (fascia plantitis ) is not one I am aware has a cure - I am a long term sufferer, it comes and goes at will, and there is absolutely no way you can run with it - imagine every step someone sticks a long blunt needle through the arch of you foot!

are you sure (fascia plantitis )  isn't the latin term for ivy growing up a wall  :facepalm:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 23, 2022, 06:24:25 am by BigH »
Steve Brooker Mk II?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 23, 2022, 09:48:44 am by keith79 »
Soon we will have more non playing staff than actual footballers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 23, 2022, 10:33:33 am by SydneyRover »
''All professional footballers in England are entitled to 18 months’ pay while injured before there is a chance that their salary will be cut, or even halved. If the injury or illness is picked up while not on ‘club duty’, the club may only pay their basic salary for up to a year''

https://sqaf.club/football-clubs-insurance-injured-player/#:~:text=Yes%3B%20generally%2C%20clubs%20insure%20all,play%20through%20illness%20or%20injury.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 23, 2022, 12:52:47 pm by EasyforDennis »

I would hope we don't have to rely on the NHS to treat our injured players. Surely we will be treating our players privately and if they require operations they are not put on a waiting list! Covid or not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012