Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:56:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bostock  (Read 11432 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bostock
« Reply #90 on June 03, 2022, 02:05:51 pm by Canadian Rover »
Still nothing on social media from John himself thanking the club or fans.

He's done with us. We should be with him. Soulless journeyman.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on June 03, 2022, 02:30:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
No loyalty or accountability for his overall contribution to the club.

Talented? Sure he is. But in my opinion never felt he wanted to have a career at the Rovers.

Typical of the class of 21/22 that was desultory at best.

I'd rather the likes of Barlow or Smith (mk2) a 2/3 year contract ahead of someone who only cared for the club if it suited their social media image.

How many games did you see Bostock truly give 100% for the cause?

That first sentence, he has history of that, shit on Palace because he thought the grass was greener elsewhere

Half his life ago. :laugh:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 03, 2022, 03:58:04 pm by graingrover »
There are some nasty comments on here again .Goodness I do hope I never  have to meet some of you in real life .

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on June 03, 2022, 04:52:53 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
No loyalty or accountability for his overall contribution to the club.

Talented? Sure he is. But in my opinion never felt he wanted to have a career at the Rovers.

Typical of the class of 21/22 that was desultory at best.

I'd rather the likes of Barlow or Smith (mk2) a 2/3 year contract ahead of someone who only cared for the club if it suited their social media image.

How many games did you see Bostock truly give 100% for the cause?

That first sentence, he has history of that, shit on Palace because he thought the grass was greener elsewhere

Half his life ago. :laugh:

Not half his life ago, half his ego ago. Always a mistake sign a player on much less wages than they are used to, then they feel like they are doing you a favour. Good luck to him.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on June 03, 2022, 05:09:52 pm by NickDRFC »
There are some nasty comments on here again .Goodness I do hope I never  have to meet some of you in real life .

I was just thinking this, a lot of spite!

I feel a bit disappointed that we didn’t get a bit more out of Bostock given his pedigree but he did OK for us and certainly doesn’t owe us anything - good luck to him with wherever he ends up.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on June 03, 2022, 05:21:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I think he enjoyed his time here. When we equalised v Bolton I watched him run onto the pitch jumping about like a mad man.

All the best to him.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on June 03, 2022, 05:56:11 pm by TheFunk »
I sit just behind the home bench and can confirm he cared more than probably any other player. He never stopped shouting words of encouragement when sat on the bench. Meanwhile most of the others not selected or injured spent most of the match on their phones.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on June 03, 2022, 07:06:23 pm by scawsby steve »
And yet there are better judges of players ability sat in the stand at Doncaster every home game than ManU and England coaches.

Yes, but the thing is, Brian, the Man U and England coaches don't pay his wages, we do. That means we're entitled to criticise.

I personally thought he was one of the worse CBs I've ever seen at Rovers. That was last season, of course. He might improve. Let's hope so.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 03, 2022, 08:02:22 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We certainly kept the ball a lot more with Bostock in the team. A fully fit full season 90 minute Bostock is Championship quality IMO. Surely surely will be at Hillsborough next season.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on June 03, 2022, 08:04:02 pm by ncRover »
And yet there are better judges of players ability sat in the stand at Doncaster every home game than ManU and England coaches.

Yes, but the thing is, Brian, the Man U and England coaches don't pay his wages, we do. That means we're entitled to criticise.

I personally thought he was one of the worse CBs I've ever seen at Rovers. That was last season, of course. He might improve. Let's hope so.

He definitely improved in the 2nd half of the season

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 04, 2022, 04:18:59 pm by LincolnDonny »

He definitely improved in the 2nd half of the season

Amd the part where many of  the supporters were saying we are in the crapper with this lot......yet all some said was, its ok, give us time, we got the likes of Bostok , we are not going down...............and nows not the time to say that sort of thing ..............hey what do many of us know?..THE DAMN TRUTH!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 04, 2022, 04:39:24 pm by Lesonthewest »
Dissapointing he's going but not unexpected, really think with better players around him he would have been a real asset. Excellent player but certainly couldn't like the physical side.p Obviously doesn't fancy the challenge of league 2, so good luck & goodbye.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 04, 2022, 04:44:44 pm by keith79 »
Did they offer him reduced wages?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on June 04, 2022, 09:45:19 pm by roversdude »
Good luck to him now move on

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on June 05, 2022, 08:45:13 am by The Beast »
I heard they offered him around 1,250, approximately a 50% wage cut. If this is true can understand why they did from the club's point of view but you can also see why he was never going to sign. What's frustrating is when you hear how much is left in the pot and how much players like Ro-Shaun and Close are earning.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on June 05, 2022, 09:03:07 am by selby »
  Everything came down to the fact he can't sprint and lack of pace simple as that, and teams pick him apart.
  When he didn't have the ball he was a liability.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on June 05, 2022, 09:08:19 am by Chris Black come back »
He was clearly an asset but you can count the number of times he completed 90 minutes for us almost on two hands. We need a core of players who consistently turn up and turn out for us.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on June 05, 2022, 09:12:43 am by mushRTID »
I heard they offered him around 1,250, approximately a 50% wage cut. If this is true can understand why they did from the club's point of view but you can also see why he was never going to sign. What's frustrating is when you hear how much is left in the pot and how much players like Ro-Shaun and Close are earning.

He was never going to sign for that so you would have thought we would have had informal discussions with him before making it official we were offering him a contract.

Right decision as well I wasn’t his biggest fan. Couldn’t score, don’t remember many assists and very few tackles. We need some legs, tackles and goals in midfield. If Close and Clayton stay fit they should be neat and tidy enough on the ball….we don’t need 3 of them types.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on June 05, 2022, 09:23:34 am by ravenrover »
Go on then I'll bite, where has this figure come from and how much are the others on? While you are at it why not give us the full list of players wages?

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on June 05, 2022, 09:25:02 am by andy didcott »
Did he score any goals for us.?

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 05, 2022, 09:39:39 am by The Beast »
Go on then I'll bite, where has this figure come from and how much are the others on? While you are at it why not give us the full list of players wages?

Just what I've heard, don't know if it's true and not particularly bothered if it's true or not, i've spoken to a few sources, obviously different people have different agendas. Was quite surprised to hear that Barlow was offered new terms but hearing how little he's earning it makes more sense.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on June 05, 2022, 09:58:31 am by Campsall rover »
He was clearly an asset but you can count the number of times he completed 90 minutes for us almost on two hands. We need a core of players who consistently turn up and turn out for us.
Less than one hand I think would be correct.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on June 05, 2022, 09:59:26 am by Jonathan »
  Everything came down to the fact he can't sprint and lack of pace simple as that, and teams pick him apart.

I don’t agree with this. Sprinting around isn’t always a sign of being good out of possession. Pretty sure the numbers would back up the fact that Bostock made far more tackles and interceptions than you’d realise.

Anyway he’s gone now. I’m hoping we replace him, not necessarily with a like for like player, but with someone that can genuinely compete for a starting berth in central midfield.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on June 05, 2022, 10:12:41 am by Campsall rover »
Don’t think anyone was on more than £2500 a week last season apart from possibly one player.
Think 3/4 may have been on around that figure but vast majority of the squad were on between £500 and £2000 a week.
Info from a very reliable source. No one was on silly money that I can say with pretty much certainty.
There is a lot of rubbish spouted about wages which have no substance.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on June 05, 2022, 10:22:28 am by Chris Black come back »

Bostock got through the full 90 minutes on 14 occasions during his 18 months with us.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on June 05, 2022, 12:02:50 pm by Campsall rover »

Bostock got through the full 90 minutes on 14 occasions during his 18 months with us.
Fair enough. I thought you were referring only to last season. How many full 90+ mins did he complete last season. Would be interested to know CBcb if you know. Would be surprised if that was more than 5

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on June 05, 2022, 12:17:20 pm by GazLaz »

I don’t agree with this. Sprinting around isn’t always a sign of being good out of possession. Pretty sure the numbers would back up the fact that Bostock made far more tackles and interceptions than you’d realise.

Anyway he’s gone now. I’m hoping we replace him, not necessarily with a like for like player, but with someone that can genuinely compete for a starting berth in central midfield.

Jon is right. Matt Smith ran a lot because his positional sense was appalling. Bostock was an interception monster because his positioning is elite. 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on June 05, 2022, 12:18:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bostock completed 90 minutes on 10 occasions during the 2021/22 season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on June 05, 2022, 12:25:10 pm by roversdude »
Better than I thought particularly taking his injury into consideration

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on June 05, 2022, 12:42:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Half of those 10 came in 5 of our last 6 league games.

For the other 40 league games last season, he managed the other 5.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012