Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 07:46:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 3873 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #30 on June 09, 2022, 08:38:39 pm by roversdude »
Signed on for 2 more years

https://twitter.com/drfc_official/status/1534928053691875328

COYR
Good news  …But it’s easy to sign a convert ,Copps/ McSheffrey need to get their feelers out and convert 11 more !!

Are you for real how can you turn this into a negative

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 09, 2022, 08:46:22 pm by GazLaz »
He was going to be here next season anyway so not much of a positive really. Superb guy and a real asset to have as a senior figure in the squad.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 09, 2022, 09:31:49 pm by Goole Rover »
Pity a few younger players couldn’t have follow his example last season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 09, 2022, 09:43:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hasn’t he just been given an improved deal, basically? They’ve ripped up the remaining year and given him a new deal for two years to 2024.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 10, 2022, 12:07:39 am by Drover »
Still good news,we got him for 2 years now.Probably been able to use some of Bostock's wages to offer better deal.I know which player I would prefer to keep.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 10, 2022, 12:16:37 am by ncRover »
Brilliant news!

Please let’s get a left back in though, I’m convinced he can get 5–10 goals in L2 playing further forward.

He’s capable of more than that

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 10, 2022, 12:21:06 am by phil old leake »
Rowe signing an extension has pleased me.  I really thought he’d move on. He’s a good player probably too good for league 1.
Well done the club

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 10, 2022, 01:25:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It was a must that he signed back up, to lose him would have set things back a fair bit.
He is our reliability in there.
 He’s a goal threat and I’m sure carries respect among the rest of the team. Would have been hard to replace. It makes it just that bit easier to him to form the team around. Good news for us this.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 10, 2022, 09:24:20 am by keyser_soze »
Great news. 'Looking after him' could mean a better deal, it could just be a longer deal, but either way he will be a key player again next season and the kind of attitude we should be seeking to replicate not lose.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 10, 2022, 12:10:00 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Looking into the future

has he "officially" got any interest in either going into coaching or management .... further down the line ?

you never know what the future might hold

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 10, 2022, 12:40:52 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Looking into the future

has he "officially" got any interest in either going into coaching or management .... further down the line ?

you never know what the future might hold

That's exactly what I hope we're at least partly thinking about already. Keep him with us until his retirement, and then keep him involved in the club beyond that. He's just the type of pro you'd wanna keep around.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 10, 2022, 12:55:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Will probably be the best all round player in L2. Please don't waste him at left back he give him an attacking role from midfield or out wide and he'll get lots of goals/assists

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 10, 2022, 01:34:32 pm by Jonathan »
Will probably be the best all round player in L2. Please don't waste him at left back he give him an attacking role from midfield or out wide and he'll get lots of goals/assists

Listening to McSheffrey’s interview it’s clear he intends to use him further up the pitch.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 10, 2022, 02:40:42 pm by GazLaz »
Amazes me that so many people didn’t rate as highly as they should have Rowe when he was first with us.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 10, 2022, 03:13:20 pm by ncRover »
Would anybody disagree if Rowe was made permanent captain over Anderson?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 10, 2022, 05:43:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Don’t think Tommy Rowe is very vocal. He leads by example. Similar to Copps really.
Do not mind who has the armband particularly. Could be Rowe, Anderson or Clayton, I would think.

What we need is a few leaders out there on the park. We need all the senior players to play a big leadership part next season.
Every manager looks for leadership from players in the dressing room. Huge help to him
More than one voice motivating is so important. Especially if at least one of those voices is coming from a player.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 10, 2022, 05:51:47 pm by roversdude »
Don’t think Tommy Rowe is very vocal. He leads by example. Similar to Copps really.
Do not mind who has the armband particularly. Could be Rowe, Anderson or Clayton, I would think.

What we need is a few leaders out there on the park. We need all the senior players to play a big leadership part next season.
Every manager looks for leadership from players in the dressing room. Huge help to him
More than one voice motivating is so important. Especially if at least one of those voices is coming from a player.

Think Clayton definitely falls into that category - our midfield should be one of the best in our league - a decent left back and target man and I think we should have an enjoyable season

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 10, 2022, 07:04:43 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I would prefer Clayton to get the armband, Anderson isn’t vocal and Rowe needs to be able to concentrate on scoring and assisting

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 10, 2022, 07:38:22 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Some lead by example, don’t need to be shouting all the time.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 10, 2022, 07:39:57 pm by jmt23 »
Firstly - this is obviously great news, but news I expected…Tommy is here to see out his career, he obviously likes the club and the area. He did kind of say as much last summer.

As for the armband, Clayton all the way. Tommy leads by example, but not the most vocal- Clayton you can hear over the crowd - a born leader who has played the majority of his career at championship level.

To have 3 natural leaders in the team (Tom, Adam, Tommy) is a huge bonus.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 10, 2022, 07:42:12 pm by drfchound »
All players should be vocal on the pitch, passing information to others and encouraging them.
Yes, I do know that some don’t.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 10, 2022, 07:44:09 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I didn’t say shouting, ok I’ll put it another way neither Anderson nor Rowe are Captain material for me and that’s nothing against them as players

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 10, 2022, 11:35:11 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

I didn’t say shouting, ok I’ll put it another way neither Anderson nor Rowe are Captain material for me and that’s nothing against them as players
[/quote

No I know you didn’t Dearne. Just saying there are different captains.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 11, 2022, 01:45:42 am by Alan Southstand »
Not the most vocal? I had the pleasure of watching TR play for the u23’s (during the McCan’t season) and he was tremendously vocal in the game and basically ran the show. Captain all day long for me!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 11, 2022, 07:11:39 am by Barmby Rover »
Surprising, but good news.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 11, 2022, 08:32:38 am by Jonathan »
Surprising, but good news.

Why are you surprised?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 11, 2022, 12:43:53 pm by GazLaz »
Ro Williams is pretty vocal as is Joe Olowu. All players should be. It shouldn’t really be a requisite for being captain, it should be a given. The “vocal” players that stand out are the ones that do the arm waving with it. There’s no reason to change the captain. Anderson, Rowe, Clayton and Taylor should be the leadership group in the dressing room and keep control of squad behaviour, discipline and set standards etc. Who wears the armband is largely irrelevant.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 11, 2022, 01:10:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Amazes me that so many people didn’t rate as highly as they should have Rowe when he was first with us.

Wroe was an excellent player with us first time round, but something didn't click for him under McCann. He only made 18 regular season starts in the league and 14 sub appearances. He did have an injury early on in the season that sidelined him for 2 months, but he's already been dropped to the bench before that, and it took him the best part of two months to break back into the side when he returned. When he did get back in, he never seemed to fit in the fast-breaking approach that McCann's side was implementing and he was regularly brought off early. He wasn't even in the starting XI for the first leg of the play-off semi.

But then the second leg. Just when we needed a mester to grab the side by the shoulders, he stepped up. His overall performance was immense that night, and his goal that turned the whole momentum of the match is one of the greatest I have ever seen from a Rovers player.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 11, 2022, 01:19:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bigger worry is risk that whoever puts on airband ends up with a blood clot in their bicep and our medical team having to amputate.

“Should be back for Tuesday night’s match”

“Regrettably he’s had to retire from the game”

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 11, 2022, 01:47:51 pm by GazLaz »

Wroe was an excellent player with us first time round, but something didn't click for him under McCann. He only made 18 regular season starts in the league and 14 sub appearances. He did have an injury early on in the season that sidelined him for 2 months, but he's already been dropped to the bench before that, and it took him the best part of two months to break back into the side when he returned. When he did get back in, he never seemed to fit in the fast-breaking approach that McCann's side was implementing and he was regularly brought off early. He wasn't even in the starting XI for the first leg of the play-off semi.

But then the second leg. Just when we needed a mester to grab the side by the shoulders, he stepped up. His overall performance was immense that night, and his goal that turned the whole momentum of the match is one of the greatest I have ever seen from a Rovers player.

I always thought he was our best players but managers didn’t know how to deploy him/ his best position.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012