Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:51:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Will Starmer be "fine" or "fined" ?  (Read 16653 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Will Starmer be "fine" or "fined" ?
« Reply #120 on July 17, 2022, 12:38:37 pm by SydneyRover »
So why did they call him out for saying it? just answer that bit if you can

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on July 17, 2022, 12:59:33 pm by SydneyRover »
That's the thing with theories Albie, no matter how many times you can prove it, it only take one bit that doesn't fit to disprove it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on July 17, 2022, 02:05:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Syd,

The head of a service such as the CPS is always responsible for decisions made under his watch, whether or not he was personally involved.

To be clear, I was NOT saying that one one individual decision is crucial, look at the whole record.

The Tories do not want rid of Starmer...they want to keep him in place, because he is unlikely to break the consensus of the Overton window in relation to policy.

Keith is the best electoral asset for them, once they get rid of Bozo and wipe the slate clean with a new leader. He has no profile among the voting public, and his beige personality is a gift to the rebranding of the Tories under a new team.

Quite correct. Putting the record straight doesn't mean you want to get rid of someone. Even if you want to keep someone as poor as Starmer in opposition you can't let him get away with such hypocrisy. Such hypocrisy as his reasoning that Boris, as the leader, should show responsibility and resign irrespective of his involvement with the parties at number 10, yet at the same time claim HIS role as leader of the DPP didn't render him responsible for the Savile case.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on July 17, 2022, 08:45:50 pm by wilts rover »
Margaret Thatcher's FIVE attempts to get a knighthood for Savile.

Just for balance:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2366576/Revealed-Lady-Thatchers-FIVE-attempts-secure-knighthood-Jimmy-Savile.html

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on July 17, 2022, 09:07:41 pm by scawsby steve »
Is there a interpreter in the house?

What, to decipher your gobbledegook?

Even a professor of linguistics couldn't manage that.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on July 17, 2022, 10:23:04 pm by SydneyRover »
That's the thing with theories Albie, no matter how many times you can prove it, it only take one bit that doesn't fit to disprove it.

And it is at this point that a scientist, in this case a political one I guess would accept that the theory is dead and go back to the drawing board, of course it brings into question all other theories constructed from the same foundations, sorry about that guys you lose. It's why all discoveries and theories are subject to peer review.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on July 18, 2022, 01:05:24 am by SydneyRover »
Syd,

The head of a service such as the CPS is always responsible for decisions made under his watch, whether or not he was personally involved.

To be clear, I was NOT saying that one one individual decision is crucial, look at the whole record.

The Tories do not want rid of Starmer...they want to keep him in place, because he is unlikely to break the consensus of the Overton window in relation to policy.

Keith is the best electoral asset for them, once they get rid of Bozo and wipe the slate clean with a new leader. He has no profile among the voting public, and his beige personality is a gift to the rebranding of the Tories under a new team.

Quite correct. Putting the record straight doesn't mean you want to get rid of someone. Even if you want to keep someone as poor as Starmer in opposition you can't let him get away with such hypocrisy. Such hypocrisy as his reasoning that Boris, as the leader, should show responsibility and resign irrespective of his involvement with the parties at number 10, yet at the same time claim HIS role as leader of the DPP didn't render him responsible for the Savile case.

From the bloke that's been trying to prove a negative most of his forum life, and that's the thing about backing far right wing conspiracy theories in, they are rubbery, can grow and change to suit the argument .............. and if you don't like that one there'll be others it's like a lucky dip I guess.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:10:10 am by SydneyRover »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 18, 2022, 05:25:49 pm by albie »
It seems Keith has ruled out a deal with the LibDems, as well as the SNP;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-labour-lib-dem-supply-confidence-b2125698.html

Somewhat premature, I would say.
Following on from his interview where he said electoral reform was not a priority, one or two are going to feel let down.

Not surprised myself, mind!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 18, 2022, 07:57:58 pm by scawsby steve »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-labour-lib-dem-supply-confidence-b2125698.html

Following on from his interview where he said electoral reform was not a priority, one or two are going to feel let down.

I think, Albie, that the present sh*tshow from the Tories probably convinces him that he can win on his own, without help from others, and he might be right.

He needs to be careful though. Sooner or later he's going to have to tell us all exactly what he's going to do about this terrible cost of living crisis. If he doesn't convince us enough, and it's a hung parliament, he may have to renege on his promises of not coalescing with another party.

If that happened, he'd look completely bereft of truth or morals.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on July 18, 2022, 08:29:27 pm by drfchound »

I think, Albie, that the present sh*tshow from the Tories probably convinces him that he can win on his own, without help from others, and he might be right.

He needs to be careful though. Sooner or later he's going to have to tell us all exactly what he's going to do about this terrible cost of living crisis. If he doesn't convince us enough, and it's a hung parliament, he may have to renege on his promises of not coalescing with another party.

If that happened, he'd look completely bereft of truth or morals.

TBH mate it would just be another broken promise by him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on July 18, 2022, 09:25:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In some alternative universe, Starmer has just announced that he'll enter into a coalition with the LDs after the next Election.

Albie is posting: "See! I told you Keith couldn't win a majority!"

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on July 19, 2022, 08:25:18 am by i_ateallthepies »
Neither of the two main parties declares ahead of an election that they are willing to go into coalition, if asked the question and forced into answering they always say they won't.
Then when neither party wins an outright majority and enters into a coalition nobody bats an eyelid or calls them liars but of course if that situation were to arise with Keir Starmer then of course the usual suspects would be screaming LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on July 19, 2022, 02:52:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Did Cameron go into the 2010 election saying he'd go into coalition?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 19, 2022, 03:47:57 pm by Ldr »
Did Cameron go into the 2010 election saying he'd go into coalition?

Did Cameron go into the 2010 election saying he Wouldn’t go into a coalition?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on July 19, 2022, 04:15:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Was Cameron asked in the run up to 2010 if he would go into coalition?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on July 19, 2022, 04:34:21 pm by Ldr »
Am not going to comment on the Forde enquiry itself but this comment made me chuckle. Reminds me so much of a poster on here

"The report also criticises a "culture of intellectual smugness which exists at the extremes of the political spectrum" of Labour opinion."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62226042

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 19, 2022, 08:01:51 pm by drfchound »
Am not going to comment on the Forde enquiry itself but this comment made me chuckle. Reminds me so much of a poster on here

"The report also criticises a "culture of intellectual smugness which exists at the extremes of the political spectrum" of Labour opinion."

You are so right ldr.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on July 19, 2022, 11:20:39 pm by SydneyRover »

Why not? it's an open forum, if it was the tory party there either wouldn't be one or you wouldn't be allowed to read it unless it was leaked.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 19, 2022, 11:48:18 pm by danumdon »

Take your pick, i can think of a couple on here who would take great offence if you didn't mean them!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on July 19, 2022, 11:58:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Neither of the two main parties declares ahead of an election that they are willing to go into coalition, if asked the question and forced into answering they always say they won't.
Then when neither party wins an outright majority and enters into a coalition nobody bats an eyelid or calls them liars but of course if that situation were to arise with Keir Starmer then of course the usual suspects would be screaming LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!!

how did you get hold of the immunity idol pies?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on July 20, 2022, 01:50:39 am by SydneyRover »
Irony aye, a report that seeks to find the causes and root out disunity within the labour party and finds the problem, instead of being sorted was weaponised and used by both sides. Which differs from the normal run of the mill issues in politics general where the cover-up becomes bigger than the problem. 

And the first couple of commenters use side issues from within the report to attack others on the forum, which sort of mirrors what the report was getting at.

Please note the first was by someone that couldn't bring himself to vote for the past leader that refused to take part in the report, and now hates the current leader that commissioned the report, the second can't make his mind up where to put the X.

There is a third commenter yet to join the fun and I dare say will of course remain true and name/shame the leader at the time because he/she is solely responsible and therefore pin the tail right on the donkey.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 20, 2022, 08:52:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There were many posts on this forumsaying the problem wasn't there but a means to use as a weapon. The report makes it clear that nobody in labour took the issue seriously but tried to use at an advantage.

But not all politicians are the same eh?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on July 20, 2022, 09:43:57 am by SydneyRover »
There were many posts on this forumsaying the problem wasn't there but a means to use as a weapon. The report makes it clear that nobody in labour took the issue seriously but tried to use at an advantage.

I guess you're correct pud, as one didn't do anything but his successor did.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on July 20, 2022, 12:53:58 pm by wilts rover »

It's referring to the office staff

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on July 20, 2022, 01:13:39 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
wilts i checked the best odds for a labour victory at the next general election and the very best was 11/10    - I have money on "Burnham Beeches" at very big odds   to succeed Stamen as leader so need to keep him in power til Burnham gets a seat

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 20, 2022, 01:19:50 pm by SydneyRover »
Does that mean almost 'evens' CLH?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on July 20, 2022, 01:52:07 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Does that mean almost 'evens' CLH?

yes with the ripoff bookmakers

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on July 20, 2022, 03:49:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
wilts i checked the best odds for a labour victory at the next general election and the very best was 11/10    - I have money on "Burnham Beeches" at very big odds   to succeed Stamen as leader so need to keep him in power til Burnham gets a seat

That's miles out. 11/10 is the price you can get against Lab having the most seats next time round.
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/most-seats

The question is, what price is a Labour-led Govt?

You can get 11/4 against a Lab Minority Govt and 10/3 against a Lab Majority, 7/1 against a Lab/LD coalition, and 9/1 against each of a Lab/SNP and a Lab/LD/SNP coalition. If you covered all those options of a Lab-headed Govt, the odds come out to be ~ 1/4 - 1/5 on.

The equivalent odds for a Tory-led Govt, assuming no-one would go into coalition with them, are roughly Evens.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 05:34:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on July 20, 2022, 04:24:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Starmer will win the next GE and lead the country to greatness.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on July 20, 2022, 05:32:16 pm by wilts rover »

I would go for Streeting or Nandy if I were you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012