Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:52:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Will Starmer be "fine" or "fined" ?  (Read 16559 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Will Starmer be "fine" or "fined" ?
« Reply #180 on July 22, 2022, 02:33:15 pm by Filo »
  Did it mention him being a Quisling and back stabber? he can't be trusted to go to a shop with a list of goods.
  He has more faces than a diamond.

Back stabber?

You mean Sunak?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on July 22, 2022, 02:40:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Glass of water for Selby. He's having one of his funny turns where he sicks back up all the bile that Mike Graham pours into him.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on July 22, 2022, 03:23:49 pm by belton rover »
  Did it mention him being a Quisling and back stabber? he can't be trusted to go to a shop with a list of goods.

Back stabber?

You mean Sunak?

They’re all the same.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on July 22, 2022, 03:32:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It may help if you explain what you are blaming them for, I agree that a strong opposition is required no matter who is in power. I point to the polls for the previous 6 months, why would you stick your neck out if you are leading?

Polls, yes Polls

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/keir-starmer-approval-rating

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/y2hnts6bxg/Main_FavourabilityTracker_W.pdf

Interesting to see favourablility in Labour isn't particularly high, more the drop for the Tories, if the Tories improve (big if) that will clearly harm Labour.  Labour need to focus on improving their image as they're ahead despite of themselves and their leader not because of it.

Are you saying it's better to behind in the polls pud?

Absolutley not, but it's important they keep their eye on the end goal not where they are now, which doesn't matter.  Better winning 1-0 late on than throwing away a 3-0 lead and losing 4-3.  I'm sure they have it in hand, but Starmer's ratings should be a slight cause for concern, I think they know that hence his media rounds this week.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on July 22, 2022, 04:06:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
And talks a load of faeces

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on July 22, 2022, 05:12:31 pm by drfchound »
It may help if you explain what you are blaming them for, I agree that a strong opposition is required no matter who is in power. I point to the polls for the previous 6 months, why would you stick your neck out if you are leading?

Polls, yes Polls

Interesting to see favourablility in Labour isn't particularly high, more the drop for the Tories, if the Tories improve (big if) that will clearly harm Labour.  Labour need to focus on improving their image as they're ahead despite of themselves and their leader not because of it.

Absolutley not, but it's important they keep their eye on the end goal not where they are now, which doesn't matter.  Better winning 1-0 late on than throwing away a 3-0 lead and losing 4-3.  I'm sure they have it in hand, but Starmer's ratings should be a slight cause for concern, I think they know that hence his media rounds this week.

Good football like analogy mate but he won’t understand that.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on July 22, 2022, 05:55:13 pm by wilts rover »
I heard a very small part of a sky reporter Beth's (Mrs Coleman heard her speaking the other day and thought she was a man til she saw her) interview last night

He said we didn't have children for politics  ( having a right go at that conservative who was the leader of the labour party - and was also a failed rock star )

then he mentioned about supporting Arsenal and mentioned he is always home for friday night and prayers ( that could be why Arsenal have improved )..... when questioned on this he "moved around" on this point 

November 16, 2020 14:05  Starmer: Our kids are being brought up to know their Jewish backgrounds

Labour leader tells Desert Island Discs of 'long tradition of family and faith'

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/starmer-our-kids-are-being-brought-up-to-know-their-jewish-backgrounds-1.508720

We do all know the children follow the religion of their Mother in such a case.

from wikipedia
Personal life

Starmer married Victoria Alexander in 2007.[221] She was previously a solicitor but now works in NHS occupational health.[5][222] The couple's son and daughter are being brought up in the Jewish faith of their mother and the family attend shabbat dinners.[9] Starmer himself stated he does not believe in God but does "believe in faith" and its power to bring people together.[223] Starmer is a keen footballer, having played for Homerton Academicals, a north London amateur team,[224] and supports Premier League side Arsenal.[5]

Starmer is a vegetarian, believing that "it's better for yourself and for the environment".[225]

listening to the whole interview goes onto my bucket list at least I learned somrething I didn't know about him

I didn't know that about his wife, not that I am particualy bothered.

I do know he used to be a keen supporter of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign - so he presumably has good knowledge of middle east and middle east politics from all sides.

I think he dropped out of PSC when some activists went a bit too far and the a/s problem kicked off under Corbyn

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1460629248381788164

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on July 22, 2022, 07:17:55 pm by scawsby steve »
I heard a very small part of a sky reporter Beth's (Mrs Coleman heard her speaking the other day and thought she was a man til she saw her) interview last night

He said we didn't have children for politics  ( having a right go at that conservative who was the leader of the labour party - and was also a failed rock star )

then he mentioned about supporting Arsenal and mentioned he is always home for friday night and prayers ( that could be why Arsenal have improved )..... when questioned on this he "moved around" on this point 

November 16, 2020 14:05  Starmer: Our kids are being brought up to know their Jewish backgrounds

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/starmer-our-kids-are-being-brought-up-to-know-their-jewish-backgrounds-1.508720

from wikipedia
Personal life

Starmer married Victoria Alexander in 2007.[221] She was previously a solicitor but now works in NHS occupational health.[5][222] The couple's son and daughter are being brought up in the Jewish faith of their mother and the family attend shabbat dinners.[9] Starmer himself stated he does not believe in God but does "believe in faith" and its power to bring people together.[223] Starmer is a keen footballer, having played for Homerton Academicals, a north London amateur team,[224] and supports Premier League side Arsenal.[5]

Starmer is a vegetarian, believing that "it's better for yourself and for the environment".[225]

listening to the whole interview goes onto my bucket list at least I learned somrething I didn't know about him

The more I hear about this bloke, the more I think what an absolute prat he is.

Just think, we're probably going to have Liz Truss as PM for 2 years, then Keith.

What the f*ck have we done to deserve all this?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on July 22, 2022, 07:34:09 pm by scawsby steve »

Back stabber?

You mean Sunak?

Don't worry about him, Filo, he won't be PM.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on July 22, 2022, 09:36:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

from wikipedia
Personal life

The more I hear about this bloke, the more I think what an absolute prat he is.

Just think, we're probably going to have Liz Truss as PM for 2 years, then Keith.

What the f*ck have we done to deserve all this?

Go on. I'm genuinely fascinated. Which bit of CLH's post provoked that spasm?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on July 22, 2022, 10:25:41 pm by SydneyRover »
Syd,

Far from being a red herring, it is the central question facing Labour.
Polls are nothing to the point at this stage in the electoral cycle.

Labour are down to 382k paid-up members.
Membership was reported to be 570,000 in July 2020. That's a huge loss of members and revenue.

Labour had £13.5m in reserves built up under Corbyn, now frittered away by the Starmeroids to the edge of bankruptcy.

Keith chose to settle out of court with the BBC Panorama complainants, despite legal advice that their claims were invalid. We now have it confirmed by Forde that these allegations were unsubstantiated, as Keith was advised.

You cannot just ignore financial peril when it stares you in the face.

How do you think Labour should build up capacity to contest a GE, in the next 2 years?
.....private donations, commercial sponsorship, what?

All I asked was for you to name a single party that had announced before the election that they would go into partnership, can you do that Albie?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on July 22, 2022, 10:32:05 pm by SydneyRover »

Polls, yes Polls

I expect I will keep a watchful eye on proceedings and I fully expect to see the new PM to get a bounce in the polls, but there is plenty of time to see how the winner deals with a huge slice of reality they have coming towards them as an express train in a tunnel.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on July 22, 2022, 10:39:35 pm by tyke1962 »
Syd,

Far from being a red herring, it is the central question facing Labour.
Polls are nothing to the point at this stage in the electoral cycle.

Labour are down to 382k paid-up members.
Membership was reported to be 570,000 in July 2020. That's a huge loss of members and revenue.

Labour had £13.5m in reserves built up under Corbyn, now frittered away by the Starmeroids to the edge of bankruptcy.

Keith chose to settle out of court with the BBC Panorama complainants, despite legal advice that their claims were invalid. We now have it confirmed by Forde that these allegations were unsubstantiated, as Keith was advised.

You cannot just ignore financial peril when it stares you in the face.

How do you think Labour should build up capacity to contest a GE, in the next 2 years?
.....private donations, commercial sponsorship, what?

All I asked was for you to name a single party that had announced before the election that they would go into partnership, can you do that Albie?

Absolutely nobody Sydney .

The centre right of the Labour Party who now control it couldn't even form partnerships with the left when they sat at the top table and instead plotted against them .

At the least the Tories have a history of forming coalition's , the Dems in 2010 and the DUP in 2017 recently when they have to .

The truth is your incapable of forming coalition's history is the judge and jury .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on July 22, 2022, 10:46:27 pm by SydneyRover »
Does your story tally with Albie's, tyke?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on July 22, 2022, 10:49:19 pm by tyke1962 »
Does your story tally with Albie's, tyke?

How's that even relevant ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on July 22, 2022, 10:56:33 pm by SydneyRover »
I trying to connect you with someone that could possibly understand your political theories tyke and I have narrowed it down to selby, bullet, hound and Albie but they may have to work as a team.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on July 22, 2022, 11:25:36 pm by tyke1962 »
I trying to connect you with someone that could possibly understand your political theories tyke and I have narrowed it down to selby, bullet, hound and Albie but they may have to work as a team.

The only political theories you should concern yourself with is on planet reality Sydney .

You might want to believe the country is crying out for a Labour government but that's not necessarily the case .

I'm not particularly crying out for one either to be honest .

If Labour win so fecking what .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on July 22, 2022, 11:34:37 pm by SydneyRover »

The only political theories you should concern yourself with is on planet reality Sydney .

You might want to believe the country is crying out for a Labour government but that's not necessarily the case .

don't you mean ..............

''Almost everything today is a tentacle of the financial crash under New Labour''

Try to stick to what you yourself believe is going on and quote from my comments if you need to tyke at any time.

(I'm still waiting for you to explain what you found to object about the EU in 1979 tyke)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on July 23, 2022, 02:43:15 am by Colemans Left Hook »

from wikipedia
Personal life

I didn't know that about his wife, not that I am particualy bothered.

I do know he used to be a keen supporter of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign - so he presumably has good knowledge of middle east and middle east politics from all sides.

I think he dropped out of PSC when some activists went a bit too far and the a/s problem kicked off under Corbyn

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1460629248381788164

I am very surprised you didn't know that

thanks for that bit of info

i just googled.......... starmer palestine solidarity campaign  there is lots of stuff ..... he married in 2007 so he should at that time known that " the women always get their way ... children wise in the end " but obviously his stance became untenable

at least he didn't become a Tottenham supporter (think about that one)

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/uk-labour-party-starmer-silence-palestinian-solidarity-day

Starmer's change of heart

Before he became party leader, he was not known for his Zionist sympathies. As a former barrister specialising in international human rights, Starmer would have honoured the UN Day of International Solidarity with the Palestinian people without hesitation.

Since becoming party leader, Starmer has changed. He has embarked on a courtship of the Israel lobby, the antithesis to his earlier positions on  Palestinian rights

His past record against the illegal Iraq war, his membership of Labour Friends of Palestine, and his condemnation of the Trump Middle East peace plan as "a farce, inconsistent with international law and human rights protections" all point him in that direction.

In 2015 he spoke at an election hustings on Palestine organised by Camden Palestine Solidarity Campaign, and later declared: “We can promote peace and justice around the world” against the backdrop of Stop the War campaigners holding Palestinian flags.

But since becoming party leader, Starmer has changed. He has embarked on a courtship of the Israel lobby, the antithesis to his earlier positions on Palestinian rights. In January 2020, he adopted the Board of Deputies' "Ten Pledges" without caveat.

These included the International Holocaust Remembrance (IHRA) definition of antisemitism that conflates antisemitism with anti-Zionism. This conflation has been at the heart of the antisemitism allegations against the Labour Party. Its aim to link criticism of Israel, and by extension support for Palestine, with  "antisemitism" has so far been highly successful in hounding out these supporters.

Starmer now describes himself as a "Zionist without qualification" who believes in the state of Israel.

--------------------------------------

While Starmer is fiercely schtum about his private life – hence his reticence to publicly name his daughter – we do know that his wife, originally from Poland, is Jewish, and that the couple's children are being raised in the Jewish faith. Speaking to the Jewish Chronicle in March, the Labour leader opened up about his wife's faith, saying: 'As you probably know my wife’s family is Jewish. On her father’s side there are bar mitzvahs, synagogues — there’s all the traditions.'

https://www.tatler.com/article/who-is-keir-starmers-wife-victoria

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on July 23, 2022, 05:16:36 pm by scawsby steve »

OI! Don't leave me out. I understand Tyke's political theories well. Quite simple really. The Labour Party was formed to represent working class people and Trade Unions.

That's something that you and Keith seem to be ignoring.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 05:20:50 pm by scawsby steve »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on July 23, 2022, 06:07:12 pm by albie »
SS,

Syd will be on in a minute to explain why a loss said to be of £10.5 million per year in membership fees - £52.5 million per parliament, is a cracking move by Keith.

Just after he finishes reading the Forde Report, which must be causing a bit of anguish down under.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 06:51:26 pm by albie »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on July 23, 2022, 10:07:40 pm by SydneyRover »

OI! Don't leave me out. I understand Tyke's political theories well. Quite simple really. The Labour Party was formed to represent working class people and Trade Unions.

My apologies Steve, I guess it will all come out in the wash. How's your private health, hope you are have the top cover. I think that the tag should be changed to haves and have nots to better represent who this government will 'serve' Maybe as tyke's campaign manager you could put him up for office, he would fit in on the Truss team I think.

Oh, by the way can you ask tyke which union he's in atm moment if you get a chance.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 10:59:35 pm by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on July 23, 2022, 10:09:49 pm by SydneyRover »
SS,

Syd will be on in a minute to explain why a loss said to be of £10.5 million per year in membership fees - £52.5 million per parliament, is a cracking move by Keith.

Just after he finishes reading the Forde Report, which must be causing a bit of anguish down under.

Albie, I'm just trying to show how silly your argument is demanding that labour do something no other party has ever done, not about red herrings.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on July 24, 2022, 06:50:00 pm by scawsby steve »

My apologies Steve, I guess it will all come out in the wash. How's your private health, hope you are have the top cover. I think that the tag should be changed to haves and have nots to better represent who this government will 'serve' Maybe as tyke's campaign manager you could put him up for office, he would fit in on the Truss team I think.

Oh, by the way can you ask tyke which union he's in atm moment if you get a chance.

As usual, you've gone off on a tangent about something that's got f*ck all to do with my post. I never mentioned private health, this government, or Liz Truss.

Now, do you think Keith is the man, as Labour leader, to represent working class people and Trade Unions?

Yes or no?

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on July 24, 2022, 07:11:50 pm by Branton Red »

While Starmer is fiercely schtum about his private life – hence his reticence to publicly name his daughter – we do know that his wife, originally from Poland, is Jewish, and that the couple's children are being raised in the Jewish faith. Speaking to the Jewish Chronicle in March, the Labour leader opened up about his wife's faith, saying: 'As you probably know my wife’s family is Jewish. On her father’s side there are bar mitzvahs, synagogues — there’s all the traditions.'

https://www.tatler.com/article/who-is-keir-starmers-wife-victoria

Interesting I was sure I'd read his wife was from Donny.

Here we go www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/the-doncaster-family-connections-of-labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-3006047

"Sir Keir’s wife Victoria comes from Doncaster and his late mother in law Barbara lived in the town before her death earlier this year." From the man himself "I’m delighted that we’re here in Doncaster. My wife’s mum was born and grew up here – just next to the racecourse."

I guess the Polish link is on her Father's side
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 07:17:01 pm by Branton Red »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on July 24, 2022, 09:59:30 pm by SydneyRover »

As usual, you've gone off on a tangent about something that's got f*ck all to do with my post. I never mentioned private health, this government, or Liz Truss.

Now, do you think Keith is the man, as Labour leader, to represent working class people and Trade Unions?

Yes or no?

Yes of course it was, has allowing continual government by the tories helped the working man Steve, yes or no? and by not voting for them have you and others allowed these government to prosper, yes or no and have you and others given rise to johnson yes or no?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on July 25, 2022, 04:18:52 pm by albie »
Sorry Syd, but you are sounding like a desperate man now.
It is not "silly" to suggest that you do only what you can afford, it is silly not to.

Labour have to cut their cloth according to the reduced resources for a GE, caused by loss of membership fees and reduced TU support.

That means fewer national candidates and contesting priority winnable seats.

It is also sensible to look at the numbers before a GE and focus where it is effective.
Without regaining ground in Scotland, and a LD revival in the south, Labour will not form a majority government.

The task is to prevent the Tories returned on a lower majority, or to broker a deal with others beforehand to maximise the seats lost by Truss. Wasting money drawing a small number of votes in no chance constituencies is completely barmy.

That said, what is it that you are actually voting FOR in supporting Keith....not public ownership by the look;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-public-ownership-nationalise-reeves-starmer-b2130382.html

I still don't see how pitching for "growth" is going to tame climate breakdown, do you?

How you getting on with the Forde Report?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on July 25, 2022, 05:41:58 pm by danumdon »
It is not "silly" to suggest that you do only what you can afford, it is silly not to.

Labour have to cut their cloth according to the reduced resources for a GE, caused by loss of membership fees and reduced TU support.

It is also sensible to look at the numbers before a GE and focus where it is effective.
Without regaining ground in Scotland, and a LD revival in the south, Labour will not form a majority government.

The task is to prevent the Tories returned on a lower majority, or to broker a deal with others beforehand to maximise the seats lost by Truss. Wasting money drawing a small number of votes in no chance constituencies is completely barmy.

That said, what is it that you are actually voting FOR in supporting Keith....not public ownership by the look;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-public-ownership-nationalise-reeves-starmer-b2130382.html

I still don't see how pitching for "growth" is going to tame climate breakdown, do you?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/25/starmer-says-he-wont-be-ideological-labour-renationalisation-row

Unfortunately for Labour its now becoming apparent why Keith's been lagging behind on coming out with policies for Labours fight with the Tories for the next election.

It seems Keith has decided that "Growth" is the priority and all traditional Labour staples like bringing back into public ownership Rail, Energy, public utilities is for the birds.

So its now clear that the fella has no clear aspiration or ambition that sits square with traditional Labour values, instead choosing to take the same road already trodden by the present incumbents.

So, can one of the sycophants on here tell me what exactly Labour under this pretend leader stands for?

I have no idea, the country has no idea and unfortunately neither does Keith.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on July 25, 2022, 07:04:16 pm by scawsby steve »
How can anyone trust a man who changes his mind on major issues the way he does?

The bloke's a ditherer.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on July 25, 2022, 07:28:46 pm by wilts rover »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/25/starmer-says-he-wont-be-ideological-labour-renationalisation-row

Unfortunately for Labour its now becoming apparent why Keith's been lagging behind on coming out with policies for Labours fight with the Tories for the next election.

It seems Keith has decided that "Growth" is the priority and all traditional Labour staples like bringing back into public ownership Rail, Energy, public utilities is for the birds.

So its now clear that the fella has no clear aspiration or ambition that sits square with traditional Labour values, instead choosing to take the same road already trodden by the present incumbents.

So, can one of the sycophants on here tell me what exactly Labour under this pretend leader stands for?

I have no idea, the country has no idea and unfortunately neither does Keith.

I haven't got a clue what Starmer stands for. But I doubt that someone who called Corbyn's plan for re-nationalisation 'giving the house away' is being entirely honest about their views of Starmer on nationalisation either:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=283693.msg1157833#msg1157833

TinyPortal © 2005-2012