Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:28:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Away Kit  (Read 10673 times)

foxbat

• VSC Member
Re: Away Kit
« Reply #30 on July 15, 2022, 06:33:10 pm by foxbat »
I was there , it was a shocker,  looked more like the Vanarama than League 1.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 16, 2022, 12:16:55 am by River Don »
According to the historical kits website the very first Rovers home shirts were Navy blue and yellow. So how about Navy/yellow hoops as an away kit?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 16, 2022, 08:33:52 am by andysly »
According to the historical kits website the very first Rovers home shirts were Navy blue and yellow. So how about Navy/yellow hoops as an away kit?
Boca Juniors.
Though I think they only have one yellow hoop.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 16, 2022, 10:35:43 am by MachoMadness »
We had an albeit very modern navy and yellow (ok, and black) kit just a couple of years back. I think it'll be something different. Maybe the fabled African violet at last?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 16, 2022, 11:13:52 am by roversdude »

Some of our posters may still have that shirt lol

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 16, 2022, 04:46:46 pm by ChrisBx »
Any sign of the new kit?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 16, 2022, 05:42:21 pm by scawsby steve »

There's no need to insult BB and Wolfie like that, Dude.

LOL.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 16, 2022, 09:17:43 pm by River Don »

Hoops?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 16, 2022, 09:20:41 pm by River Don »
Africa violet and another kind of violet hoops, with green trim.

That would look quite good in a slightly Fiorentina way but with green trim.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 16, 2022, 09:47:09 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It’s on a coming on a slow boat from China.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 16, 2022, 10:50:53 pm by ditch_drfc »
How are we this close to the season starting and it's not been released yet?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 16, 2022, 11:04:19 pm by silent majority »
Strangely enough the LG1 and LG2 clubs which form a working part of the FSA, have been debating kits, both home and away, this last week or so.

It’s been an interesting discussion, time to market, colour design, manufacturers, cost etc have all formed a part of the discussion.

It’s fair to say that at our level, bearing in mind the amount of replica shirts sold, we have been performing exceptionally well. There are one or two clubs who only change their shirts bi-annually, alternating with the away shirt, and yet those supporters moan that if they don’t like the shirt they have to wait 2 years for a change.

Those using global manufacturers, Nike etc, complain that the choice of designs is either preordained or severely limited, plus they pay a market price of about £65.

Some have only just seen sight of their new kit, and still not able to buy it.

All in all I think we’ve done well judging by every other club at our level. The very fact the club are getting the younger supporters involved in the launch of the away kit should be applauded and not moaned about by grown adults who should have other things to worry about.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 11:06:45 pm by silent majority »

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 17, 2022, 08:29:41 am by ditch_drfc »
How's that high horse SM? You do realise no one has said anything negative about young supporters being involved, don't you? Might want to stop posting after you've had a drink.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 17, 2022, 08:30:28 am by roversdude »

There's no need to insult BB and Wolfie like that, Dude.

LOL.

No insult intended sorry old guys

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 17, 2022, 04:45:43 pm by silent majority »
How's that high horse SM? You do realise no one has said anything negative about young supporters being involved, don't you? Might want to stop posting after you've had a drink.

Wow, struck a cord there! Obviously you took the criticism personally despite that I never mentioned you or quoted you.
But the insinuation I’d had a drink comes from where? The timing of my post maybe? If so you need to take onto account I’m in a completely different time zone.

I think you need to grow up.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 17, 2022, 05:04:14 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Have you gone to pick the away kits up Silent? ;) :)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 17, 2022, 07:59:05 pm by ditch_drfc »

Wow, struck a cord there! Obviously you took the criticism personally despite that I never mentioned you or quoted you.
But the insinuation I’d had a drink comes from where? The timing of my post maybe? If so you need to take onto account I’m in a completely different time zone.

I didn't take it personally whatsoever, you're not that special. I'm standing up for the fact that people are entitled to an opinion on what they'd like to see in the kit. You've come into the thread and accused people of moaning about young kids being involved in the process, literally no one brought that up.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 17, 2022, 09:42:50 pm by River Don »
Strangely enough the LG1 and LG2 clubs which form a working part of the FSA, have been debating kits, both home and away, this last week or so.

It’s been an interesting discussion, time to market, colour design, manufacturers, cost etc have all formed a part of the discussion.

It’s fair to say that at our level, bearing in mind the amount of replica shirts sold, we have been performing exceptionally well. There are one or two clubs who only change their shirts bi-annually, alternating with the away shirt, and yet those supporters moan that if they don’t like the shirt they have to wait 2 years for a change.

Those using global manufacturers, Nike etc, complain that the choice of designs is either preordained or severely limited, plus they pay a market price of about £65.

Some have only just seen sight of their new kit, and still not able to buy it.

All in all I think we’ve done well judging by every other club at our level. The very fact the club are getting the younger supporters involved in the launch of the away kit should be applauded and not moaned about by grown adults who should have other things to worry about.

I would say the kit design competition was really popular, particularly with younger fans.

I don't know why they have dropped this, it was such a good way of engaging with the fan base and particularly younger supporters.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 17, 2022, 10:06:45 pm by silent majority »

I didn't take it personally whatsoever, you're not that special. I'm standing up for the fact that people are entitled to an opinion on what they'd like to see in the kit. You've come into the thread and accused people of moaning about young kids being involved in the process, literally no one brought that up.

Yes you did, even now you’re throwing out personal insults.

Grow up.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 17, 2022, 10:12:45 pm by River Don »
So... Can we return to the kit design competition?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 17, 2022, 10:47:29 pm by silent majority »

I agree, very popular with the younger fan base and I’ll be pushing for inclusion in future (despite not being special!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 18, 2022, 10:41:08 am by ditch_drfc »
SM, I find it quite remarkable how quick you are to accuse others of throwing personal insults when in a previous thread (also strangely on kits) you questioned my "life choices" - a trope long associated with sexuality - and accused me of having "issues" - another trope long associated with mental health.

It's not really the inclusive attitude we expect of DRFC supporters...

Anyhow, we're all grown adults with other things to worry about.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 18, 2022, 10:56:21 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
SM, I find it quite remarkable how quick you are to accuse others of throwing personal insults when in a previous thread (also strangely on kits) you questioned my "life choices" - a trope long associated with sexuality - and accused me of having "issues" - another trope long associated with mental health.

You misinterpreted what S_M said for starters. You're making yourself look like you have a personal vendetta. Not a good look.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 18, 2022, 10:59:18 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Yes, I think it was a good initiative until of course, there were accusations of it being fixed!

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 18, 2022, 11:03:39 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Is there a date on the away kit release - I'm not sure if I've missed when it was due, or if it's been delayed and I've missed that! I'm assuming we'll be wearing it at Bradford so barring it being an absolute monstrosity would like to have it for then? Can anyone clarify please?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 18, 2022, 11:14:22 am by DaveDRFC »
Just found a photo of the last time we played Bradford away in the league and we had our home kit on. I don't think it will clash this time around either (not taking into account the colour blindness rule, as I have no idea what influences that will have).

Goldthorperover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 18, 2022, 02:14:52 pm by Goldthorperover »
Was in the club shop yesterday and the lady working in there said they've heard nothing about the away kit yet.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 18, 2022, 03:21:58 pm by silent majority »

So, let me get this right, I said something in a previous thread that you have interpreted in a certain way when I would never joke about either issue.

And this time you decided to interpret my very reasonable post about kits and the general situation with EFL clubs as a personal attack on you. You then go on to describe me as a drunk and make personal comments about me as an individual.

As DBR says it’s you making the misunderstandings and interpreting things in your own way and obviously driving a personal agenda.

PS- I’ve just gone back and read through those previous comments. You’re definitely finding excuses to be critical of me and have interpreted what I said in a way that nobody else would ever have interpreted. It’s obvious you’re looking to be offended so that you have an excuse to act the way you do.

Yet again, you need to grow up.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:33:20 pm by silent majority »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 18, 2022, 03:41:42 pm by ravenrover »
Tweet from Sean in reply to a tweet, looks like next week

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 18, 2022, 03:43:05 pm by coventryrover »
Bloody hell....I think we can cause agro in anything.     Let's start with marshmallows

TinyPortal © 2005-2012