Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 05:13:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mitchell  (Read 9324 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mitchell
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2022, 11:00:55 am by Campsall rover »
The first clean sheet for a keeper playing in his first competitive match with only 9 outfielders between him & 11 players against a loud away vocal crowd bodes well as far as I’m concerned.

Mitchell’s first competitive match?
This season was what was meant I assume.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2022, 01:21:46 pm by GazLaz »
Mitchell is a ok keeper but he just makes too many mistakes that lead to high value chances/ goals. He’s been the same throughout his career sbs he was the same for us last season.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2022, 01:34:59 pm by Bezza »
It's a new season give him a chance, not conceded a goal yet,

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2022, 02:11:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Mitchell is a ok keeper but he just makes too many mistakes that lead to high value chances/ goals. He’s been the same throughout his career sbs he was the same for us last season.
The manager as stuck by him because he’s value for money. So this preseason and the first game he’s performed ok. So let’s not have a go at the player just because you have the stats if we want better then it’s up to the club to pay for it,  they haven’t so we have Mitchell as our keeper.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 01, 2022, 04:52:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The first clean sheet for a keeper playing in his first competitive match with only 9 outfielders between him & 11 players against a loud away vocal crowd bodes well as far as I’m concerned.

Mitchell’s first competitive match?

I assumed he meant that we weren't competitive last season...

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 01, 2022, 05:07:19 pm by Lesonthewest »
He wasn’t tested massive. Nearly caught out by the free kick that hit the post, he guessed the wrong way. Comfortable claiming some very poor balls into the box.

Free kick went over the wall,
The wall covers one half of the goal and the goalkeeper cover the other half
He didn’t guess the wrong way.

Last season He had a mare against Rotherham but after that he was good,
He was brilliant yesterday, and anyone who says otherwise just doesn’t like him

Wrong. I like him  but he wasn't brilliant, he did what he had to do & had a good game. Bradford helped with their poor balls into the box.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 01, 2022, 06:20:24 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not wrong am I
Just have a different point of view to you
A more positive one which isn’t surprising really

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 01, 2022, 06:22:10 pm by dickos1 »

Other than that first game I honestly can’t think of many mistakes he’s made that have lead to goals.
He’s also won us plenty of points such as Sunderland away, mk done away.
I would imagine all goalkeepers at this level make mistakes if they didn’t they’d be playing higher up the chain

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 01, 2022, 07:00:55 pm by scawsby steve »

Genuine question, Gaz. At this level, and within our wage structure, who's better than Mitchell?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 01, 2022, 09:05:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Alex Bass.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 01, 2022, 09:23:09 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Other than that first game I honestly can’t think of many mistakes he’s made that have lead to goals.
He’s also won us plenty of points such as Sunderland away, mk done away.
I would imagine all goalkeepers at this level make mistakes if they didn’t they’d be playing higher up the chain

The stats are more important to some people than what they see with their own eyes

Problem with stats is they only tell you what someone has done in the past not what they are capable of doing in the future. For DRFC Mitchell’s been good. Last season every other position was our problem. Spend money fixing that problem was the right thing to do.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 01, 2022, 09:24:57 pm by Lesonthewest »
I’m not wrong am I
Just have a different point of view to you
A more positive one which isn’t surprising really

But you are wrong aren't you, you stated anyone who says he didn’t have a brilliant game doesn't like him, your words, absolute rubbish.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 01, 2022, 09:25:38 pm by anton123 »
Mitchell is a solid keeper for this level and will have a good season in my opinion

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 01, 2022, 09:36:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
Mitchell is a solid keeper for this level and will have a good season in my opinion

Agree that he is solid. Not spectacular but solid. We need a solid keeper. He’s solid.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 01, 2022, 09:47:49 pm by scawsby steve »
Alex Bass.

Not anymore, CBCB, he's with Sunderland now. I doubt that we could have met his wage demands anyway.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 01, 2022, 09:51:16 pm by drfchound »

Agree that he is solid. Not spectacular but solid. We need a solid keeper. He’s solid.

Plus of course, he is our keeper, not a loan that can be recalled as has happened in the past.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 10:18:33 am by drfchound »

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 01, 2022, 11:42:06 pm by South East Rover »
He is full of confidence and showed authority throughout and I have nothing negative to say about his handling of crosses and corners either .When clearing the ball from hands on the edge of his area he always carries the ball just outside the area and will get caught by the ref for it sometime for sure .

You see this all the time as long as the keeper keeps his back foot in the area or on the line and releases the ball out of his hands he can be completely out of the area when he kicks the ball
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:46:00 pm by South East Rover »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 01, 2022, 11:48:33 pm by MachoMadness »
Mitchell is ok and could well improve. I think we were spoiled by Dieng who was championship class after years of not great keeping from Marosi et al. Mitchell is nowhere near that standard but is good enough for league 2. Is he good enough for a top league 2 side? Not sure. But remember we did win the league above with Gary Woods in goal.

Forkbeard

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 02, 2022, 12:34:15 am by Forkbeard »
I’ve not read any stats or seen him keep goal before. 
On Saturdays evidence he looked more than competent.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 02, 2022, 10:17:06 am by GazLaz »

Genuine question, Gaz. At this level, and within our wage structure, who's better than Mitchell?

Alex Bass Orr Shamal George we’re the two at the top of my list. If we can’t sign players like that it’s time to give up. Send Jones out to play 35 games somewhere on loan and find out how good he could be. No pint him sitting on the bench all season is there.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 02, 2022, 12:05:46 pm by Drover »

Alex Bass Orr Shamal George we’re the two at the top of my list. If we can’t sign players like that it’s time to give up. Send Jones out to play 35 games somewhere on loan and find out how good he could be. No pint him sitting on the bench all season is there.

Its not about whether we can sign them or not,IMO Mitchell is good enough for us in this league,Jones is good enough cover in this league,the wages to sign a Bass or George would be more wisely utilised if spent on out needed outfield players,especially with our injuries.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 02, 2022, 12:07:55 pm by Drover »
Am I right in thinking Mitchell is working with a new Goalkeeping coach this season?If so,hopefully this is a major factor in him starting well,and hope it continues,which I feel it will.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 02, 2022, 02:44:38 pm by RugbyRover »
So no big yellow taxi for Joni Mitchell then?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 02, 2022, 03:51:19 pm by Mike_F »
Am I right in thinking Mitchell is working with a new Goalkeeping coach this season?If so,hopefully this is a major factor in him starting well,and hope it continues,which I feel it will.

Yes, Ian Bennett. Spent years playing for Birmingham and was a very good 'keeper. Not that that matters; good players don't always make great coaches but Benny is highly rated and will hopefully help Mitchell develop his game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 15, 2023, 09:15:02 pm by Chris Black come back »

Alex Bass has gone on loan to AFC Wimbledon this season, so we will likely see him. He only managed two cup games for Sunderland the whole of last season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 16, 2023, 10:48:11 am by GazLaz »

Alex Bass has gone on loan to AFC Wimbledon this season, so we will likely see him. He only managed two cup games for Sunderland the whole of last season.

He’s good. On another planet to f**king Lawlor.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 16, 2023, 11:02:18 am by Colin C No.3 »

McCaan eh. Couldn’t spot a decent player if he was sat next to him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 16, 2023, 11:25:12 am by GazLaz »

McCaan eh. Couldn’t spot a decent player if he was sat next to him.

Ok, let’s just be that limited that we just presume every signing a manager makes will be good, because that’s always the case in football.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 16, 2023, 11:58:58 am by DonnyOsmond »
People remember the Wilks' and Kane's, they've forgot about the Paul Taylor's and Madger Gomes'.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 16, 2023, 02:04:07 pm by Northants Nomad »
Have we just gone through a worm hole? A thread from Aug 2022 is now active?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012