Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:42:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anyone really surprised?  (Read 3274 times)

oggycompton

• Forum Member
Anyone really surprised?
« on September 13, 2022, 10:50:30 pm by oggycompton »
Utterly clueless. Same performance as lat season and common denominator? A manager who is about an inspiring as my nan.

Moaning about legs yet signs two 33-year-olds to play in the middle of the park. Maxwell looked great the first few games but now he's having to shoe horn his mate in at left back, we've looked poor. Barring Northampton we've been second best way too much. There's no fight, no passion, and definitly no tactics.

Pissing around at the back, roll it to the full-back and just kick it back to them. Absolutely awful. If there is a keeper who is worse at kicking than Mitchell I'd like to know who it is. so what do we do? Make him kick it loads.

Knoyle, Molyneux etc have been in teams of the season in this division, under this manager they've looked worse than people I see play Sundays. There is a common denominator, he should be removed.

One relegation already with piss poor performances, do you all want to see performances like we have all season. Slow and boring and also what's worse....found out. 3-0 and 2-0 and battered in successive games. 5 goals in injury time to magic some points when we shouldn't have.

Utterly utterly dreadful and inept management, tactics and his itnerviews? Jesus, no wonder they come out half dead after half time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Anyone really surprised?
« Reply #1 on September 13, 2022, 10:56:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
We haven’t scored a goal in open play for 400 minutes.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 13, 2022, 11:28:49 pm by dickos1 »
You’re about 100 minutes out

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2022, 12:45:46 am by ChrisBx »

Is he?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2022, 03:06:05 am by scawsby steve »

No he's not. The last goal in open play was against Salford.

Go figure.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2022, 06:14:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We have the players just not the manager.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2022, 07:05:58 am by sedwardsdrfc »
2 more games till the 10 game mark. If we are out the playoffs and there’s still no performance or sign that we will be better and I think there’s a decision to be made.

I don’t even think it’d be harsh given what he served up last season and that we want out of this division this season.

I’ve said it before that there’s an air of Dickov about him. Just pick 11 and hope for the best. Dickov kept his job for a long time by winning the odd game despite the general performance, organisation, plan, style, everything been lacking. Hope we don’t make a similar mistake here because we do have the players to be better

oliver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2022, 07:06:59 am by oliver »
I watched on Ifollow and we were clueless from. back to front Williams cannot defend the midfield was non existent and Miller was once again on his own no support there was no structure at all the manager must take responsibility.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2022, 07:10:06 am by dickos1 »

Go figure.

3 full games and 30 mins of the Salford game, 300 mins.
Obviously not including our reserve/youth team v Newcastle under 21s.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2022, 07:11:11 am by roversdude »
Williams had a decent game

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2022, 08:44:49 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Williams had a decent game
He's been much improved this season but not for me last night, gave away half a dozen fouls from pushing in the back, got turned and outpaced a similar number of times, no leadership or organisation or communication to help the rest of his defenders out. I read when he signed he was the fastest defender in the league - he was well off the pace last night and they played through our lines easily time after time.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 14, 2022, 08:54:07 am by roversdude »
The challenges were never free kicks though but having been penalised for one he should have learnt.
Difficult game for our centre half’s last night with no protection from midfield and no LB to cut out crosses or defend that channel

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 14, 2022, 09:07:43 am by selby »
  You can have Long in any race you want to pick v Williams in a bet with me RD. He looked way off it to me, and the focus Barrow aimed their attacks at after twenty minutes when they realised they had the legs on Long.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 14, 2022, 09:13:10 am by donnievic »
The challenges were never free kicks though but having been penalised for one he should have learnt.
Difficult game for our centre half’s last night with no protection from midfield and no LB to cut out crosses or defend that channel
challenges wasnt free kicks???not sure what you was watching but there were 2 o3 blatant pushes in the back with his hands and right in front of the ref

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 14, 2022, 09:18:26 am by Panda »
Williams made 3 similar challenges yesterday (pushes in the forwards back) and didn't learn from any of them and was lucky not to get booked.

He also performed against Mansfield as though he was heavily sedated.

Seriously needs to improve from the last few weeks where he's been not only a liability but comical with it.

As for the opening post. Agree with it 100%.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 14, 2022, 09:29:40 am by Panda »
2 more games till the 10 game mark. If we are out the playoffs and there’s still no performance or sign that we will be better and I think there’s a decision to be made.

I don’t even think it’d be harsh given what he served up last season and that we want out of this division this season.

I’ve said it before that there’s an air of Dickov about him. Just pick 11 and hope for the best. Dickov kept his job for a long time by winning the odd game despite the general performance, organisation, plan, style, everything been lacking. Hope we don’t make a similar mistake here because we do have the players to be better

He should get until Nov / Dec IMO. I always fully expected him to be sacked by Xmas anyway as even with the points we have on the board this season, there has been little in the way of vastly improved performances or any semblance of a game plan yet from GM. Which indicates that he's no idea what he's doing.

So yes, sticking 11 on the pitch and hoping for the best is a logical viewpoint given what we've seen from GM thus far.

One small bit of credit, he made a double sub last night after 62 minutes so didn't wait too long to work out that things weren't working as is his usual style. Taylor looked like he could maybe make something happen. Woltman faded badly after an initial few minutes where he looked lively too. Agard on in the 80th minute. A minute after Barrow got a second. Far too late Gary.

Also, why do we never spend the last 10/15 minutes of games camped in the opponents half and peppering their goal at home when chasing a goal? Barrow last night played like they were behind in the last 10/15 minutes whereas us, seeking a goal to get back in the game never show that same level of persistent pressure.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 09:32:43 am by Panda »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 14, 2022, 09:39:54 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Don't expect him sacked or anything by the 10 game mark even if we lose our next two. But i expect that Copps etc will then have in mind a point by which the decision will be made and start looking for replacements should they need to act. So Nov sounds about right.

Listened to the Brighton CEO on talk sport, this was before Potter went, and they asked him about interest in Potter and if they were worried. He said they wouldn't be doing their job if they hadn't already got a shortlist of replacements that they will immediately contact should the worst happen.

Brighton have to be one of the best run clubs out there so I hope we are doing the same because it's been painfully obvious we haven't in recent seasons and it probably got us relegated last year.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 14, 2022, 09:48:32 am by Panda »
No, i also don't expect him to be sacked by the 10 game mark either and nor should he be. I didn't say that I expected him to be sacked after 10 games. Just wanted to make that point before the usual suspects who can't read and frequently misinterpret posts come out with 'how can you want him sacked after 10 games?! We're in the top 8!' etc etc.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 14, 2022, 10:09:59 am by sedwardsdrfc »
No, i also don't expect him to be sacked by the 10 game mark either and nor should he be. I didn't say that I expected him to be sacked after 10 games. Just wanted to make that point before the usual suspects who can't read and frequently misinterpret posts come out with 'how can you want him sacked after 10 games?! We're in the top 8!' etc etc.

Sorry i wasn't saying you were more trying to clarify that i wasn't saying 10 games either

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 14, 2022, 10:12:00 am by Panda »

Sorry i wasn't saying you were more trying to clarify that i wasn't saying 10 games either

I know you weren't sedwards, thanks. I just know some folk will come on and claim that's what i said when clearly it isn't what was said.  :)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 14, 2022, 04:46:15 pm by scawsby steve »

Go figure.

3 full games and 30 mins of the Salford game, 300 mins.
Obviously not including our reserve/youth team v Newcastle under 21s.

I counted the Newcastle game; but I take your point.

However, it's hard to distinguish who the reserves are at the moment. Other than Knoyle and Mitchell, because there's no-one better in their positions, there's not a single player who's a certainty on the team sheet.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 14, 2022, 04:50:51 pm by Panda »
Mitchell has done well by and large IMO and he's improved. Knoyle is just a waste of space and needs replacing.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 14, 2022, 04:57:48 pm by scawsby steve »
Mitchell has done well by and large IMO and he's improved. Knoyle is just a waste of space and needs replacing.

I don't rate Knoyle very highly either, but who can replace him at RB? Seaman is even worse, and the next window isn't until January.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 14, 2022, 05:25:18 pm by i_ateallthepies »

McSheffrey was the best on offer from all those who applied for the job last season, and that was when we were in Lg1.  It's time they binned their manager recruitment philosophy and headhunted those with a proven track record.  With the lack of any evident game plan and repeating blatantly obvious mistakes there is already the prospect we could see a repeat of last season if they don't sort it.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 14, 2022, 05:44:30 pm by Lifelong supporter »
The three most successful managers in the last 40 years were all headhunted - Bremner, Penney and SOD.
Time to throw away the application forms and the matrix?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 14, 2022, 05:46:52 pm by Draytonian III »
Dave Penney , I thought he was put in co-temporary charge initially with Mark Atkins

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 14, 2022, 06:29:55 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I posted about Brighton on another thread. Before Potter went their CEO said they already had people in mind should Potter leave. Said they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't.

I'd say the same of Copps if we go through a long ass jobsite application process. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 14, 2022, 09:39:04 pm by dickos1 »
Penney wasn’t head hunted
He was a player signed by wignall I believe

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 14, 2022, 09:51:47 pm by scawsby steve »
Penney wasn’t head hunted
He was a player signed by wignall I believe

You're right. He played for us in our first season in the Conference. However, it must have been Ian Snodin who signed him, as Wignall became manager around 18 months later.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 14, 2022, 09:52:42 pm by Lifelong supporter »
He was signed by Ian Snodin.
Probably headhunted wasn't the right word when it applies to him.
What I meant was he was given the manager's job without an application process.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012