Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 11:17:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is the Chairman watching any of this?  (Read 3562 times)

legendslounger

• Forum Member
Is the Chairman watching any of this?
« on September 16, 2022, 01:41:02 pm by legendslounger »
Noticed he wasnt at the last 2 games.

Will he be there tomorrow?

Is he going to sit on his hands again?

:( :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Is the Chairman watching any of this?
« Reply #1 on September 16, 2022, 01:55:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
The Chairman said we would bounce back decisively
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/chairmans-statement/
The manager appeared to be happy with the players he and the recruitment team have brought in. He realised he had injured players to come back in. Now it’s up to the manager to set the tactics and pick the right players to turn this blip?? round.
I wanted another midfield player yet the manager decided he had enough.
That must be the case as he fails to use Tommy Rowe in that position to assist and improve Clayton and Biggins.
He can’t continue to get it wrong as more defeats will put him under pressure. Then the Chairman will have decisions to make. We all hope that won’t happen and GMC takes responsibility for his decisions and results change.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 01:58:39 pm by steve@dcfd »

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 16, 2022, 02:04:58 pm by Rovers Return »
Chaiman needs to take responsibility this time around for me. Stand up and be counted managerial appointments are not working. Are they being given the best tools to work with?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 16, 2022, 02:07:31 pm by mushRTID »
We’ve got a chairman?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2022, 05:07:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Main thing for me is that when the inevitable happens we have an appointment or a few people we approach pretty much straight away. And that doesn't just mean Frank Sinclair or Copps taking it on.

With Copps new role there is no excuse not to have these contingencies (there never was imo). The only argument for taking CVs is that someone special applies we never thought could be interested. Only time thats happened that we know of is Darren Moore and i'm not convinced he's that special at all.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2022, 05:20:48 pm by Chris the Rover »
Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t we amassed more points in the first eight games than anyone on here expected? Plus, are we currently sitting in a playoff position in the league? If we were bottom of the league with three points I could understand pointless topics like this. But we’re not!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2022, 05:22:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Isn't any managerial changes the DoF's job?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 16, 2022, 05:28:30 pm by NickDRFC »

Yep, surely falls under Copps’ remit. I’m not convinced, nor ever have been convinced, by McSheffrey but that said he deserves another half dozen games before the knives come out.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 16, 2022, 05:38:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've lost two games and all of a sudden We're wondering about the whereabouts of the Chairman?

It's the training ground we should be concerned about if anything. GMc, the coaches, Copps, the players etc should all be pulling together to change back to a winning approach and mentality.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 16, 2022, 06:31:41 pm by silent majority »

The DoF reports to the Chairman.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 16, 2022, 07:24:10 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t we amassed more points in the first eight games than anyone on here expected? Plus, are we currently sitting in a playoff position in the league? If we were bottom of the league with three points I could understand pointless topics like this. But we’re not!

Agree entirely.
The problem is the words coming out of the manager's mouth saying we've reached a tipping point and it could tilt either way.
We've only played eight games for goodness sake, and we are in the play-off places.
He seems to feel the pressure when he should be reassuring the players and trying to get the best out of them, instead of publicly scapegoating one or two.
I don't think the fans are panicking more than the manger.
But he's an inexperienced guy and the worst thing he can do now is panic and lose the trust of the players.
If that happens we are only going one way.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 16, 2022, 07:32:24 pm by Campsall rover »
I think the concern is not the defeats but the manor of them.

We were beaten by a better team on the day by Mansfield but it was a total shambles at Barrow. That was last season all over again and has set the alarm bells ringing.
Tomorrow is a very big game. We need to see the real Doncaster Rovers against Swindon.
That was not the real Rovers on Tuesday, well at least I hope it wasn’t.

What the Chairman has got to do with performances I really don’t know.
Well I do actually. Nothing.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 16, 2022, 08:13:48 pm by Rovers Return »
I think the concern is not the defeats but the manor of them.

We were beaten by a better team on the day by Mansfield but it was a total shambles at Barrow. That was last season all over again and has set the alarm bells ringing.
Tomorrow is a very big game. We need to see the real Doncaster Rovers against Swindon.
That was not the real Rovers on Tuesday, well at least I hope it wasn’t.

What the Chairman has got to do with performances I really don’t know.
Well I do actually. Nothing.

I think the concern is the manner of the games wether there be wins or defeats. Admirably they scraped wins from the jaws of defeat. Imagine the concern if Lady Luck hadn’t given us a lifeline.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 16, 2022, 08:26:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
People naturally look to the future and with our performances so far despite the points tally the view is generally quite negative. Given we need to be getting promoted.

The last two results reflect what we deserved from the games. Apart from a couple of other games the result didn't reflect what was deserved. Was always the case that we could only go so far on that. Many said it at the time of the good results lets be fair

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 16, 2022, 08:32:19 pm by moses »
The rules
We win a game = We are gonna get promoted
We lose a game = Sack the manager

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 16, 2022, 08:33:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
The rules
Have I mistakenly ventured onto an Owls forum?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 16, 2022, 10:29:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm sure he was at the last home game. I remarked how much of a fan of the car in his space was anyway.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 17, 2022, 01:26:46 am by phil old leake »
I’ve not been to any games but this is a bit ridiculous.  Sitting where we are in the league and people are complaining

Give it a few more weeks and if we are continue with the downward spiral then discuss it.  I’ll be the first to call for change if things start going like last season. At least give the bloke a chance

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 17, 2022, 08:37:02 am by Campsall rover »
I’ve not been to any games but this is a bit ridiculous.  Sitting where we are in the league and people are complaining

Give it a few more weeks and if we are continue with the downward spiral then discuss it.  I’ll be the first to call for change if things start going like last season. At least give the bloke a chance
Phil i can accept losing but to produce such an abject performance as we did at Barrow is bound to cause concern.
There is no one more level headed than me and I don’t partake in knee jerk reactions to a defeat but that performance or lack of performance simply was not acceptable on Tues eve.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2022, 08:41:59 am by Panda »

The table doesn't lie and we sit where we sit because we have achieved the results by hook or by crook. What you don't see Phil is the general tedium that gets served up to fans on an almost weekly basis by GM and so just looking at stats can hide serious deficiencies with the playing style (or lack of), performance levels and entertainment value.

That said, if we get promoted playing drab football all season, i don't think many will be complaining. Even i would have to accept that GM has fulfilled his remit then!  :lol:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2022, 10:55:12 am by steve@dcfd »
The manager sets the tactics the game plan for the players to follow he picks the team. The Chairman is is overall boss and with DOF should hold him to task. Yes we’ve lost 2 games in fact we were never in those two games.
He came out after those games and blamed players he took no responsibility for his team selection or lack of a good plan against both sides.
Up to that point he’d done ok we had managed luckily or not to get the results.
So why now does he talk about tipping point why does he deflect responsibility by blaming players. He brought these players to the club him and his staff are training the team every week. The next games we will see if he is getting bathe best out of the players he picks we all hope he does. But we are in League 2 he believes we have a good squad for this league therefore the Chairman should be taking an interest in the results, he is in charge of the football matters over DOF and manager. He can’t be happy with the manager giving excuses.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2022, 01:31:30 pm by Alan Southstand »
If he’s watching another poor performance and another defeat, then he needs to be nipping it in the bud, by taking appropriate action. After all GM has been supported much more than RW was, so he can’t have any excuses, but, that said, GM comes up with plenty when the pressure comes on.

Meanwhile we, as mere supporters, just sit back and wonder why there are still questions to be answered re GM’s style of management! Add to that, the almost stubbornly attitude in our refusal to acquire the right sort of players for crucial positions within the team.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 17, 2022, 01:46:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think we can rest assured given how quickly the Board moved to dispense with Wellens last season, if they felt McSheffrey was not delivering, they would do similarly.

Whether they would then appoint the right person subsequently, is less clear.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2022, 03:57:25 pm by keith79 »
When is to soon? and when is it OK?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2022, 05:07:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
If he was watching today he’ll gone at half time bored

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 17, 2022, 05:07:29 pm by anton123 »
GM needs to go

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2022, 05:09:30 pm by mushRTID »
I think we can rest assured given how quickly the Board moved to dispense with Wellens last season, if they felt McSheffrey was not delivering, they would do similarly.

Whether they would then appoint the right person subsequently, is less clear.

I think we have to consider though that Wellens was likely outspoken and ruffled feathers. GMS is quite probably a yes man.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 17, 2022, 05:15:17 pm by Thorney »
If we dont pick up a max 6 points from the next 2 league games against 2 equally poor teams and dominate those games then he has to go, can't let this slide even worse. Board have gotta also think what dross we are watching is having on attendance figures.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 17, 2022, 05:56:48 pm by Donny Exile in York »
The rules

One word.. performances.. they are dire..we had our first effort on target after 56 minutes..

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 17, 2022, 06:01:00 pm by Cramby10 »
The rules

One word.. performances.. they are dire..we had our first effort on target after 56 minutes..
56? I thought it was 74. I must have nodded off!! Ha ha

TinyPortal © 2005-2012