Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:38:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bobby Faulkener  (Read 9168 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Bobby Faulkener
« on September 25, 2022, 11:33:10 am by Bessie Red »
https://twitter.com/JonesSteve93/status/1573955599691390976?t=CtJp8oL80Ud__y9-nu3J3w&s=19
Seems that the interest has started. Hope we get him on a long contract asap.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Bobby Faulkener
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2022, 01:38:47 pm by roversdude »
Free Press will have got that from here in the first place - Selby explained the situation with Bobby

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 25, 2022, 06:03:24 pm by Panda »
Reminds of a similar situation with Ben Godfrey. I watched his debut for York and a handful of appearances later he was signed by Norwich. Now at Everton of course but shows that if someone spots something in a player, despite minimal league appearances - a big move is not out of the question and can happen quickly.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2022, 03:55:51 pm by selby »
  Lot's of interest and talk about Bobby  in Football circles apparently going off at the moment which is not surprising how fast he has moved up the pecking order at the club from the junior team.
  He has lot's of hard work in front of him to be the finished article but must be interesting people in the England u19s age group circles, the two present representatives not having played as much at league level, and the club need to be putting him forward to be recognised.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 02, 2022, 01:08:13 pm by moses »
I had the Rochdale commentary via IFollow game. When Bobby came on they were talking about targeting the young defender. By half time they were saying he was doing ok. By the end they were singing his praises and that Scot Quigley had moved onto Ro Shaun Williams to try and get more joy.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 02, 2022, 01:53:29 pm by andyst79 »
I'd like to see it again but from their goal I thought he was a bit too casual in the build up and let the ball float past him. I could be wrong but that was my initial impression. Other than that he was pretty solid

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 02, 2022, 04:43:07 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I'd like to see it again but from their goal I thought he was a bit too casual in the build up and let the ball float past him. I could be wrong but that was my initial impression. Other than that he was pretty solid
nah, not much we could’ve done for their goal tbh, good cross and great header. If anything the midfield was too slow getting out getting out to put them under pressure.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 02, 2022, 04:51:24 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It always depends on who came in for him. He would probably not go to a big club and start. He has a better chance to start with us, but the bigger clubs if they come in with an offer, not many players would turn it down. The injuries we’ve had, have given him and us chance to see how good he is.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 05:05:44 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 02, 2022, 04:59:56 pm by andyst79 »
nah, not much we could’ve done for their goal tbh, good cross and great header. If anything the midfield was too slow getting out getting out to put them under pressure.
It doesn't show it on the highlights but it was prior to the ball in the box, a ball was floated across the edge of our area which at the time I thought it could have been dealt with. Just my opinion and I'm happy to be corrected. Agreed the final ball into the box and header were good and hard to deal with

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 03, 2022, 06:47:23 am by Alan Southstand »
Anyone notice Clayton tearing a strip off Faulkner after their goal?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 03, 2022, 09:17:33 am by selby »
  Did you notice Faulkner giving it back about dwelling on the ball that was the first mistake Alan, and Clayton has every right as captain to help young players which is what he is doing IMHO being the captain of a young side and Bobby speaks highly of his advice and from other players like Anderson, Tomlin, and Rowe they give him in training.
   A good sign that the playing staff gel and get on together, and all the older players are very helpful.
  He is going to make mistakes in games, all players do, but his all-round game is up there with any of the other players, and will get better with experience, he is up there with the best in this country in his age group, is an old fashioned type defender, and probably benefits from not being a clone of the academy system and playing against men from the age of fifteen.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 03, 2022, 09:29:13 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Anyone notice Clayton tearing a strip off Faulkner after their goal?

I like this actually. We should demand high standards on the pitch, Bobby has forced himself in so has to meet those standards. I've no doubt he gets advice and an arm round him at times but sometimes argument and forceful discussions are worth it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2022, 11:30:36 am by selby »
  Agreed, and like any other job the best way to learn it is on the shop floor.
  Faulkner is playing well, and will get better faster playing in games at this standard of football rather than sat on a bench, playing u23s football, or out on loan at a lower level.
  With injuries to Anderson and Williams he is our go to central defender, and the shirt is his until the manager says so.
  As for opposing managers targeting him, it failed. and not for the first time this season he was nominated for the MOM at the end of the game, personally I love it, they know nothing about him but his age in most cases, he loves it, and they are making him look good being one dimensional manager's going down the middle thick pillocks. 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2022, 11:55:39 am by roversdude »
I hope Williams isn’t injured as well !!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2022, 04:05:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Whether it failed or not wasn’t part of the point I was making, Selby, but I think you know that. It’s Olowu who’s not fit, by the way!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2022, 06:00:23 pm by selby »
  Yes I know it is Olowu Alan sorry my big fingers.
   With Younger, Anderson, and Olowu all injured we need Williams Faulkner and Long to stay fit, and at the start of the season I was all for Bobby going out for experience in a good men's league.
    Now for me it is important he plays and stays fit until one or more get fit enough to play again, as I don't think anyone foresaw this injury crisis arising in the central defence position where most of us thought we were well covered.
  One thing is for certain, other clubs are taking a keen interest in his progress.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 04, 2022, 12:51:37 pm by EasyforDennis »
I know he is only 18 and still learning but I really believe he is one of the best centre backs at the club and I would have him on the team sheet every week if fit or out of form (or needs a rest).

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 04, 2022, 02:12:10 pm by andyst79 »
Agree with this, should start tonight and the shirts his to lose for me. Need some stabilty constantly changing cb pairings due to injuries.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 04, 2022, 10:18:00 pm by selby »
  Best player by a country mile tonight, and his effort just to play well put most of the team to shame.
  The only boy to fire a shot in first time without dallying about puts it in the onion bag.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 04, 2022, 10:21:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Imagine with a team that actually plays well how he'd develop. Would be worth a fortune.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 05, 2022, 07:10:52 am by NickDRFC »
  Best player by a country mile tonight, and his effort just to play well put most of the team to shame.
  The only boy to fire a shot in first time without dallying about puts it in the onion bag.

If he was the only one to put effort in, the question has to be asked - why is no one else trying? Why can’t the manager motivate, inspire or even, god forbid, organise them?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 05, 2022, 09:36:54 am by Colin C No.3 »
He’s 18 but he makes Williams look like the novice.

He scored his first senior goal to equalise the game in front of the Rovers fans. No wonder he pumped the air with his fist.

I felt as sorry for him than I did for the travelling support that his goal didn’t at least get us a point from the game.

I’m purposely not going to comment on the game, the player’s performance or the manager. It’s all been said elsewhere.

Hard lines Bobby.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 05, 2022, 10:12:11 am by GazLaz »
I thought he was poor defensively last night with the exception of the two decent tackles he put in. Lost nearly every header, distribution poor and was dragged out of position a lot.

He’s certainly got bags of potential but you are not finishing near the top of L2 with him playing at centre half. He needs games at a level or two below.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 05, 2022, 10:33:58 am by Campsall rover »
I thought he was poor defensively last night with the exception of the two decent tackles he put in. Lost nearly every header, distribution poor and was dragged out of position a lot.

He’s certainly got bags of potential but you are not finishing near the top of L2 with him playing at centre half. He needs games at a level or two below.
I was there and he was outstanding. Looked as though he had played league football for years.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 05, 2022, 10:40:42 am by selby »
  A lot of top scouts from top clubs saw it differently Gaz

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 05, 2022, 10:56:37 am by GazLaz »
  A lot of top scouts from top clubs saw it differently Gaz

There’s no doubt he’s ahead of where he should be for his age but that still doesn’t mean he’s good enough to be playing week in week or for us currently.

Great attitude and all the rest of it but he’s certainly part of the reason we were poor last night. That’s just a fact, there’s a rose tinted specs job going on if you think differently.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 05, 2022, 10:59:15 am by Draytonian III »
He was referred to on commentary last night as “ The Boy Wonder “
Duncan Edwards
Alec Jeffery
Wayne Rooney
Were all given this tag

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 05, 2022, 11:17:39 am by pib »
He's great at the last ditch stuff and putting his body on the line, and is certainly miles ahead of most of the other academy players we've had come through to the first team in recent years. Can't help but think he got bullied last night by their no.9 though, and like Gaz says would probably benefit from getting some experience under his belt at a lower level. Not knocking the lad at all but it'd be good to see him develop without the pressure of necessarily starting for us every week.

From what I've seen, Adam Long is a more than capable player. Not really sure on why GM seems so reluctant to use him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 05, 2022, 11:31:05 am by Alan Southstand »
The lad would benefit playing alongside Tom Anderson, rather then RW.

Like most young lads, he should be in and out and given time to develop. He’s got a lot of promise, but let’s not knock it out of him too soon.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 05, 2022, 12:30:36 pm by Filo »
Pace seems to be an issue for him on last nights showing, needs to learn to stand off a little to give himself more time against pacey forwards

TinyPortal © 2005-2012