Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:16:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tomlin at golf today  (Read 7097 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Tomlin at golf today
« on October 01, 2022, 01:38:36 pm by ditch_drfc »
Just seen this

https://twitter.com/Leetomlin10/status/1576123197615116288?t=j_9BbVmik7ngj_R8sDDadg&s=19

Looks like he's not playing today. Bit odd, no?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Tomlin at golf today
« Reply #1 on October 01, 2022, 01:40:31 pm by Prez »
Have to say it doesnt look good.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 01, 2022, 02:04:43 pm by ditch_drfc »
He's not in today's squad either. Anyone know what's gone off? Bit odd for a player who isn't injured. Even then you'd expect him to be present.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 01, 2022, 02:05:18 pm by mushRTID »
He’s just posted videos on the tee box watching Rory tee off.

It seems odd. It’s obviously some kind of vip event that would need booking or pre planning.

He’s not just turned up there.

If he is injured why not support us? Just seem Tommy Rowe in the car park here who is doing just that.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 01, 2022, 02:05:59 pm by 5minstogo »
Not ideal that he posted that before the teams were announced.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 01, 2022, 02:10:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

It seems odd. It’s obviously some kind of vip event that would need booking or pre planning.

If he is injured why not support us? Just seem Tommy Rowe in the car park here who is doing just that.

Maybe he's been given permission.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2022, 02:11:46 pm by ditch_drfc »

Given permission to attend a golf event instead of doing his job? Don't be daft.

If he has then sack whoever has given him permission. No room for that in football.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2022, 02:17:05 pm by mushRTID »

If he had then it would probably have been advisable to also keep things discreet.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 01, 2022, 02:23:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Maybe needs a change of scenery like that West Ham lad.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 01, 2022, 02:27:12 pm by The Beast »
Maybe we've got some wellbeing guru that's facilitated it.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 01, 2022, 02:37:39 pm by CJK »
Or he's just being rested? Don't think anyone expected him to play 46 games this season and this fixture is hopefully one we can manage without him for.

Having said that, obviously he could have attended the game like Rowe, but he's not the 'model pro' type is he.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 01, 2022, 02:41:45 pm by Panda »

Given permission to attend a golf event instead of doing his job? Don't be daft.

If he has then sack whoever has given him permission. No room for that in football.

Agree.

Regardless of what has gone on. In the spirit of togetherness, cohesion and professionalism - Tomlin goes to support the team and should not be playing golf. More lax attitude displayed.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 01, 2022, 03:48:25 pm by Ldr »
Pretty sure they said when he signed that he’d be managed and have weeks off

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 01, 2022, 03:55:25 pm by Thorney »

I understand that but I'd take it as won't be playing but would still expect to be around the squad supporting the team. If tommy Rowe can why can't tomlin

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 01, 2022, 03:57:07 pm by Colin C No.3 »

You don't know the 'ins & outs' of it. ".....sack who has given him permission"? Wind your neck in man.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 01, 2022, 04:10:29 pm by Butchers Red »

I understand that but I'd take it as won't be playing but would still expect to be around the squad supporting the team. If tommy Rowe can why can't tomlin

Rowe is club captain for one reason - anyone watching Tomlin warm up last week with the reserves, and all his behaviour until coming on suggested to me he has a great attitude with the younger lads. He has a specific job to do, and thus far has been a joy to watch and a very valuable asset

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 01, 2022, 04:51:06 pm by adamtherover »
He was outstanding when he came on as sub last week.., I thought he would be starting today....

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 01, 2022, 05:06:17 pm by Alan Southstand »
Maybe he was one of those who was ‘doubtful’. GM must have given him permission?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 01, 2022, 05:06:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
Unless he’s had a falling out, we’ve got three games in seven days and two of them are away in quick succession. Seems entirely feasible he’s being managed - although giving him day off seems a bit much and his social media activity is on par with his Bradford antics in terms of decision-making. If he scores on Tuesday then nobody will care less!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 01, 2022, 05:08:51 pm by vaya »
Looks like a job for Saunders P.I.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 01, 2022, 05:09:20 pm by redarmi66 »
I dont know anything but maybe this is all part of managing his mental health. Small breaks here and there to to keep him fresh both physically and mentally. If that works and he comes back up for it then better for us. Might just be forward thinking management.!  Of course he could just as easily of fell out with someone and been sacked. lol

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 01, 2022, 05:12:09 pm by andyst79 »
People are quick to jump to conclusions, Billy Sharp before the Middlesbrough game for instance

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 01, 2022, 05:13:14 pm by ditch_drfc »
People are quick to jump to conclusions, Billy Sharp before the Middlesbrough game for instance

Why, was sharp off playing golf? Totally different

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 01, 2022, 05:13:50 pm by ditch_drfc »
Or he's just being rested? Don't think anyone expected him to play 46 games this season and this fixture is hopefully one we can manage without him for.

Having said that, obviously he could have attended the game like Rowe, but he's not the 'model pro' type is he.

If he's being rested, he should be at the game. He's a first team player. It's simple, you go to the games regardless

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 01, 2022, 05:20:14 pm by philsky »

Tomlin is an important player for us; can turn a game with the sort of passing range he has.

It was clear before the season started that he'd have rests and he may well have been given the opportunity to spend the weekend away. Especially if he was one of the players carrying a knock.

He was clearly watching the Dunhill Links and I imagine he could get tickets when he needs them so wouldn't have to plan ahead.

I see nothing negative here at all; much to the contrary.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 01, 2022, 05:27:44 pm by drfchound »
Some fans were suggesting that LT wouldn’t be expected to play every game and that he would best serve us in home games.
Perhaps he was given the weekend off and went up there with the blessing of the management AND his team mates.
I think we should wait to see what has happened before condemning him.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 01, 2022, 05:32:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
It’s almost like some people look for stuff to moan about.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 01, 2022, 05:42:46 pm by Jonathan »

Agree.

Regardless of what has gone on. In the spirit of togetherness, cohesion and professionalism - Tomlin goes to support the team and should not be playing golf. More lax attitude displayed.

Serious question - if it did turn out that he was given permission, would you seriously sack the person that made that decision?

I’m genuinely interested to know if it’s just a word that people continually throw around without thought, or whether you would actually put somebody out of work on the spot every time something goes wrong, or something happens that you don’t agree with.

For what it’s worth, if we did give him express permission to skip a game then I think it’d be a questionable decision and I’d be disappointed subject to understanding more around the context. But I wouldn’t be demanding P45s are thrown around like confetti.

We’d have nobody left if it was down to some people! 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 05:45:08 pm by Jonathan »

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 01, 2022, 05:47:19 pm by keith79 »
He has been rested for Tuesdays game

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 01, 2022, 05:50:50 pm by Campsall rover »
We need to know the facts.

If he was given permission then that ok with me.
As long as team harmony is 100% then all is ok isn’t it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012