Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:06:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tomlin at golf today  (Read 7095 times)

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
Re: Tomlin at golf today
« Reply #30 on October 01, 2022, 06:01:31 pm by ForsolongaRover »

Tomlin is an important player for us; can turn a game with the sort of passing range he has.

It was clear before the season started that he'd have rests and he may well have been given the opportunity to spend the weekend away. Especially if he was one of the players carrying a knock.

He was clearly watching the Dunhill Links and I imagine he could get tickets when he needs them so wouldn't have to plan ahead.

I see nothing negative here at all; much to the contrary.

I very much doubt that you would need tickets in advance for this event - just possibly the last day, but it is over 3 courses and the weather is not the best for watching golf even when it’s a standard Scottish Autumn!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 01, 2022, 06:02:06 pm by Panda »
Christ. We've just won 2-1 away and there are more posts since full time on Tomlin playing f**king golf than anything about the game and yet they say I'M the negative one! 

Great win. Not a great performance. Move onto Hartlepool

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 01, 2022, 06:07:20 pm by Jonathan »
Christ. We've just won 2-1 away and there are more posts since full time on Tomlin playing f**king golf than anything about the game and yet they say I'M the negative one! 

One of them is from you, endorsing the sacking of someone for it.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 01, 2022, 06:08:25 pm by Panda »

Yes. BEFORE kick off.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 01, 2022, 06:14:56 pm by Jonathan »

Yes. BEFORE kick off.

Is it okay for the person to keep their job now?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 01, 2022, 06:24:57 pm by donnievic »
Or he's just being rested? Don't think anyone expected him to play 46 games this season and this fixture is hopefully one we can manage without him for.

Having said that, obviously he could have attended the game like Rowe, but he's not the 'model pro' type is he.

If he's being rested, he should be at the game. He's a first team player. It's simple, you go to the games regardless
why should he be at the game????most players who arnt in the squad for wot ever reason don’t usually attend away games,home games maybe differant.Can’t see what the problem is here

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 01, 2022, 06:27:58 pm by ditch_drfc »
I dont know anything but maybe this is all part of managing his mental health. Small breaks here and there to to keep him fresh both physically and mentally. If that works and he comes back up for it then better for us. Might just be forward thinking management.!  Of course he could just as easily of fell out with someone and been sacked. lol

I've got no issues with someone having time off for mental health reasons, but the club should be forthcoming with information prior to the game. It really isn't a good look to see such an influential player missing. Not only is he missing, he's plastered it all over social media that he's on a weekend away...

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 01, 2022, 06:33:16 pm by Michael Shaw »
If he scores the winning goal on Tuesday and pushes Rovers into the top of the playoffs will it matter that he missed this game? We won without him anyway so all is good.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 01, 2022, 06:37:27 pm by PDX_Rover »
I dont know anything but maybe this is all part of managing his mental health. Small breaks here and there to to keep him fresh both physically and mentally. If that works and he comes back up for it then better for us. Might just be forward thinking management.!  Of course he could just as easily of fell out with someone and been sacked. lol

I've got no issues with someone having time off for mental health reasons, but the club should be forthcoming with information prior to the game. It really isn't a good look to see such an influential player missing. Not only is he missing, he's plastered it all over social media that he's on a weekend away...

Why should the club have to say anything?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 01, 2022, 06:40:29 pm by rich1471 »
How do we know that before he signed a contract with us he had not already booked the tickets and asked for the time off at the time of signing ,he was a free agent after all and fallen out of love with the game

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 01, 2022, 06:40:47 pm by Michael Shaw »
It's up to Gary who plays and if he gives players time off. He doesn't have to explain himself, especially if we win anyway. It would be a career suicide if Tomlin went without permission, so why assume otherwise?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 01, 2022, 07:59:42 pm by ditch_drfc »
In what world does a key player, probably the most influential player a team has, go missing on match day and the team says nothing about it.

That isn't normal. The fact that a lot of you just blindly follow the club, without question, is frightening.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 01, 2022, 08:04:14 pm by vaya »
In what world does a key player, probably the most influential player a team has, go missing on match day and the team says nothing about it.

That isn't normal. The fact that a lot of you just blindly follow the club, without question, is frightening.

Not entirely sure he's 'gone missing' given that this whole thread is based on everyone knowing his whereabouts.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 01, 2022, 08:14:21 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Tomlin has played a hell of a lot of football this season, probably a lot more than expected by the club to date.

I would imagine he isn’t AWOL as such but just given a rest by the club.

If he’s missing on Tuesday then I think questions can be asked but for one player missing one game when he’s put his where abouts on social media isn’t something we need to worry about just yet.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 01, 2022, 08:20:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Must have needed a rest after his 15 minute appearance 7 days ago.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 01, 2022, 08:39:03 pm by Campsall rover »
Crikey there are some people trying to make mischief out of this.

Without knowing the facts some of the posts on here are really silly.

Look he wasn’t included in the match day squad so obviously it would appear he was allowed to have the weekend off.
If he did it without permission then he would be in breach of contract and could be dismissed and lose his pay from the entirety of his contract.
Now I know he won’t be penniless from his career to date but he won’t be a millionaire either I suspect so unless he has no brain whatsoever then this would be a very very foolish decision on his part.

Let’s leave it at that.
If he has absconded without permission then I think the club would not be turning a blind eye. No chance.

So unless we hear something to the contrary this week I am sure we can assume all is well.

End of I think.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 01, 2022, 08:41:37 pm by adamtherover »
The fact that he postedf on social media means one of 2 things, a), he had full permission from GMS, or b), that have had a fall out and Tomlin was sticking two fingers up to GMS.  I'm guessing 100% it's the first option

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 01, 2022, 08:59:02 pm by donnievic »
Crikey there are some people trying to make mischief out of this.

Without knowing the facts some of the posts on here are really silly.

Look he wasn’t included in the match day squad so obviously it would appear he was allowed to have the weekend off.
If he did it without permission then he would be in breach of contract and could be dismissed and lose his pay from the entirety of his contract.
Now I know he won’t be penniless from his career to date but he won’t be a millionaire either I suspect so unless he has no brain whatsoever then this would be a very very foolish decision on his part.

Let’s leave it at that.
If he has absconded without permission then I think the club would not be turning a blind eye. No chance.

So unless we hear something to the contrary this week I am sure we can assume all is well.

End of I think.
not disagreeing with but if he wasn’t in the squad for what ever reason why would he need permission to go anyway,but I too think he was left out because he has a slight injury or is being rested

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 01, 2022, 09:36:32 pm by scawsby steve »
OK, guys, let me put this one to bed. I heard a Rovers official outside the ground telling someone that Lee hasn't trained all week, and has had injections in one of his toes.

Don't forget, the DFP said that Rovers were sweating on one or two for today.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 02, 2022, 09:43:04 am by Filo »
Give time off due to a toe injury, had injection in toe, it’s not policy to have injured players travel to away games, according to Steve Eyre

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 02, 2022, 10:24:46 am by Daniel_Smith »
Give time off due to a toe injury, had injection in toe, it’s not policy to have injured players travel to away games, according to Steve Eyre

Yeah I heard similar. Apparently the boys knew Tomlin was off to the golf on Saturday as he had been mentioning it to them. So I doubt there's any dressing room upset.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 02, 2022, 10:35:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I wonder if Tom Anderson had turned up at the golf whether anyone would've blinked an eyelid?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 02, 2022, 04:01:50 pm by donnievic »
As I see it the only thing he possibly did wrong was put it out on social media to maybe possibly make Rochdale aware he wasn’t going to be involved

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 02, 2022, 06:57:55 pm by ditch_drfc »
Ahhh yes of course, the club have given full transparency which is great to see. His toe is that painful that he's gone on a golfing weekend to Scotland when he's got time off as he is and I quote "allowed some time off to spend with a new baby"... All makes sense now.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 02, 2022, 07:39:26 pm by Ldr »
You’re desperate to make an issue out of nothing, what’s your agenda?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 02, 2022, 07:55:43 pm by ditch_drfc »
Classic VSC assuming there's always an agenda. Don't flatter yourself sweetheart.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 02, 2022, 07:58:13 pm by Ldr »
Look it’s ok to admit you were wrong without doubling down on the stupidity

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 02, 2022, 08:15:09 pm by donnievic »
I went to watch donny at Cambridge when we drew 3-3 day after my eldest was born!!!does that make me to be wrong aswell for doing that

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 02, 2022, 08:16:35 pm by donnievic »
Ahhh yes of course, the club have given full transparency which is great to see. His toe is that painful that he's gone on a golfing weekend to Scotland when he's got time off as he is and I quote "allowed some time off to spend with a new baby"... All makes sense now.
bit of a difference though watching golf and kicking a ball

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 02, 2022, 08:33:52 pm by ditch_drfc »
bit of a difference though watching golf and kicking a ball

Bit of a difference having time off to spend with your newborn and going to watch golf instead

TinyPortal © 2005-2012