Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:59:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Barnsley game  (Read 8977 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Barnsley game
« Reply #120 on October 11, 2022, 08:22:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
This looks a bit of a shitshow more recently:

Penney - 4.5 years
SOD - 5 years
Saunders - 1.5 years
Dickov - 2.5 years
Ferguson - 2.5 years
McCann - 1 year
Moore - 1.5 years
Wellens - 6 months
McSheffrey - 9 months

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on October 11, 2022, 08:23:15 pm by since-1969 »
We got to stop this rot, this woodworm that’s in our club and have a sit back and think what can be done to improve things, it’s a lot more serious that just having a poor manager, things off the field are way from rosy
Your not kidding the service at food stands is atrocious!!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 11, 2022, 08:25:30 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Penney - 4.5 years
SOD - 5 years
Saunders - 1.5 years
Dickov - 2.5 years
Ferguson - 2.5 years
McCann - 1 year
Moore - 1.5 years
Wellens - 6 months
McSheffrey - 9 months

In fairness 3 of them would have been here much longer had they not been poached or just go mardy. For a half decent manager we will be a long term club if they want it. But we can't let our desire not to become a sacking club stop us progressing. If that means another manager not making it a year so be it.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on October 11, 2022, 08:27:45 pm by Avsuptem »
Cheapness is what Rovers are all about now, "but we are financially viable" garbage, we operate on lower and lower budgets because the board don't want a football club.

The board don’t want a football club? Come on, that’s b*llocks and you know it is.

Things are not going well, and much as I wanted to give McSheffrey a go, clearly it’s not working out.

But to say the owners don’t want a football club. A bit ridiculous, mate.

Not ridiculous at all. Do the owners even turn up to watch ?

JR hardly ever missed a game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on October 11, 2022, 08:29:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
In all competitions this season we have only kept a clean sheet at home once, against Newcastle United u21s. That’s your lot. And we are in the lowest professional tier and competing against youth sides in the FLT.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on October 11, 2022, 08:32:51 pm by ScillyRover »
1-4 Miller

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on October 11, 2022, 08:34:40 pm by since-1969 »

Penney - 4.5 years
SOD - 5 years
Saunders - 1.5 years
Dickov - 2.5 years
Ferguson - 2.5 years
McCann - 1 year
Moore - 1.5 years
Wellens - 6 months
McSheffrey - 9 months
Ever since the playoff loss , it’s been a downhill projection , covid and bad managerial appointments just added to the speed of decline . L2 is good base to build from , providing you have a plan . McSheffrey looks clueless and lost and the player’s performances reflect their lack of direction !!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on October 11, 2022, 08:36:47 pm by mushRTID »

Penney - 4.5 years
SOD - 5 years
Saunders - 1.5 years
Dickov - 2.5 years
Ferguson - 2.5 years
McCann - 1 year
Moore - 1.5 years
Wellens - 6 months
McSheffrey - 9 months

We were so spoilt that McCann season.

That one brilliant season buried in all that dross since Saunders (which I also enjoyed)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on October 11, 2022, 08:40:45 pm by Metalmicky »
2:4

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on October 11, 2022, 08:41:20 pm by ScillyRover »
2-4 Miller

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on October 11, 2022, 08:42:27 pm by dknward2 »
Stop giving us hope ffs just lose so we can f**k mcshite off

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on October 11, 2022, 08:43:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Cheapness is what Rovers are all about now, "but we are financially viable" garbage, we operate on lower and lower budgets because the board don't want a football club.

The board don’t want a football club? Come on, that’s b*llocks and you know it is.

Things are not going well, and much as I wanted to give McSheffrey a go, clearly it’s not working out.

But to say the owners don’t want a football club. A bit ridiculous, mate.

Not ridiculous at all. Do the owners even turn up to watch ?

JR hardly ever missed a game.

Lord, let’s no got back to that tired argument. John was a legend, but reached the limit of his resources.

I’m sure the owners do watch games.

Is that the measure of whether they want a club or not?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on October 11, 2022, 08:46:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Could we do it again

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on October 11, 2022, 09:00:28 pm by tyke1962 »
 Salvaged a bit of pride in that second half Rovers and I'm sure George Miller enjoyed his two goals , looked pretty sharp when he came on and that second was top notch .

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on October 11, 2022, 09:06:04 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Salvaged a bit of pride in that second half Rovers and I'm sure George Miller enjoyed his two goals , looked pretty sharp when he came on and that second was top notch .

We won the 2nd half. Got a habit of doing this haven't we

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on October 11, 2022, 09:11:51 pm by Pside »
Bit better second half when our better players came on. He still needs to go though

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on October 11, 2022, 09:13:51 pm by tyke1962 »

We won the 2nd half. Got a habit of doing this haven't we

Well to be fair you weren't great in that first half but the young lad and Martin took their chances pretty well .

In fact our front three with their movement caused Anderson and co all kinds of problems in that first half .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on October 11, 2022, 09:17:47 pm by scawsby steve »
They've dug 45 minutes out, and his job's been saved again.

Carlisle will be a tough test on Saturday.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on October 11, 2022, 09:29:07 pm by glosterred »
For the second game on the trot we’ve won the second half of a game and the MOTM came on at half time. Again the first half was again poor with the Barnsley forward line passing the ball around and through our defence, seemly at will. Jones kept well and I couldn’t fault him for any of the goals and pulled off a couple of good saves from the pen and the resulting corner. Second half was better, I wouldn’t say good but Better than the first. 2 good goals from Miller and Ravenhill was unlucky with his shot.

All in all a disappointing night.

COYR

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on October 11, 2022, 09:36:16 pm by Lesonthewest »
I have been critical of our performances, but tonight at least we passed the ball better, had more energy,   & played on the front foot more in the first half, although not creating any chances.

Yes Barnsley had the game won at half time & played knowing they had second, but I thought our application second half was good, certainly fought for the cause & didn't throw the towel in.

If we can cut out the awful defensive mistakes & take forward that performance we may turn the corner, especially with the return of Anderson, Taylor & Miller, not forgetting Close. Just hope we continue & don't revert to type at Carlisle.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on October 11, 2022, 09:46:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
I like the positivity but this is a team which is lesser than the sum of its parts. Value is subtracted from this group of players by the coaching and management they receive, not added. We will turn out some half decent results because the standard in this league is so low. But this is not a story of those results being driven by tactical or motivational brilliance. It's solely a reflection on who we are playing and our relatively deep resources for this level. In League One we would be pretty much at or around where we were last season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on October 11, 2022, 09:46:56 pm by Campsall rover »
I have been critical of our performances, but tonight at least we passed the ball better, had more energy,   & played on the front foot more in the first half, although not creating any chances.

Yes Barnsley had the game won at half time & played knowing they had second, but I thought our application second half was good, certainly fought for the cause & didn't throw the towel in.

If we can cut out the awful defensive mistakes & take forward that performance we may turn the corner, especially with the return of Anderson, Taylor & Miller, not forgetting Close. Just hope we continue & don't revert to type at Carlisle.
If we had played Faulkner instead of Williams I reckon we would have won that game.
You can’t legislate for defending like that.
Taylor best player 1st half. The one player who looked up for it.
The 2 subs Hurst and Miller the best players 2nd half.

We played with much more purpose 2nd half and could very easily had 4 goals with a bit of luck going our way.

What is it with the 1st 45 mins?

If games started at HT we would only have lost the Barrow game I think.

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on October 11, 2022, 09:50:51 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
Any chants of mcsheffery out tonight? They’ll be getting louder as each week goes by. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on October 11, 2022, 09:52:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Any chants of mcsheffery out tonight? They’ll be getting louder as each week goes by.
Yes just the 50 14 yr olds.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on October 11, 2022, 10:49:00 pm by Lesonthewest »

If we had played Faulkner instead of Williams I reckon we would have won that game.
You can’t legislate for defending like that.

I just thought we started the better side
Taylor best player 1st half. The one player who looked up for it.
The 2 subs Hurst and Miller the best players 2nd half.

We played with much more purpose 2nd half and could very easily had 4 goals with a bit of luck going our way.

What is it with the 1st 45 mins?

If games started at HT we would only have lost the Barrow game I think.

I thought we started well, with some decent passing & a bit more urgency, Barnsley couldn't get the ball off us early on but we never threatened their goal at all. The first two goals stopped all that & knocked the stuffing out of us, & the defending went from bad to worse. At least we had players back, so small shoots & all that. I'm just going on tonights performance & trying to take any bit of positivity we can at the minute.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on October 12, 2022, 07:17:23 am by no eyed deer »

And doesn't their opinion count ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on October 12, 2022, 07:22:42 am by roversdude »

Obviously but their next song was McSheffrey is our king

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on October 12, 2022, 08:22:05 am by Campsall rover »

I didn’t say it didn’t. But see roversdude post above. 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on October 12, 2022, 08:51:38 am by steve@dcfd »
Reading the free press analysis of the game
What can we say about the first half
Anderson Ravenhill Taylor Barlow all not played many games and certainly contributed to poor first half. Griffiths anonymous in the first half. Seaman is ok going forward but not a defender. Molyneux still not showing the rave reviews he got last season for Hartlepool. So what does it tell us first players need games to get up to speed Barnsley reserves have games in the PL 2 reserve league.
Other players are over rated by GMC are they really good enough were they brought in because they suited the funds we have.
Is GMC and his training team getting the best out of the squad. Even though they were different players we had a poor first half again. But did the second half improve because we brought on players who have been playing regularly and Barnsley had the game won so there was no pressure on them.
We move on to Carlisle can GMC get the more from the players we have. Anderson and Taylor are not ready to start yet. The Chairman will still give GMC more time he was his choice but at the moment we are not good enough to bounce back decisively

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on October 12, 2022, 08:59:38 am by Campsall rover »
Reading the free press analysis of the game
What can we say about the first half
Anderson Ravenhill Taylor Barlow all not played many games and certainly contributed to poor first half. Griffiths anonymous in the first half. Seaman is ok going forward but not a defender. Molyneux still not showing the rave reviews he got last season for Hartlepool. So what does it tell us first players need games to get up to speed Barnsley reserves have games in the PL 2 reserve league.
Other players are over rated by GMC are they really good enough were they brought in because they suited the funds we have.
Is GMC and his training team getting the best out of the squad. Even though they were different players we had a poor first half again. But did the second half improve because we brought on players who have been playing regularly and Barnsley had the game won so there was no pressure on them.
We move on to Carlisle can GMC get the more from the players we have. Anderson and Taylor are not ready to start yet. The Chairman will still give GMC more time he was his choice but at the moment we are not good enough to bounce back decisively
Think Anderson and Taylor may start on Saturday. Probably more likely they will be on the bench.
We need Anderson back in asap.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012