Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 09:56:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 25691 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Next manager
« Reply #150 on October 18, 2022, 07:14:26 am by roversdude »
I don’t think the time is right for helping out individuals for future interviews

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on October 18, 2022, 08:01:45 am by Filo »
To those wanting Schofield to get the job, he’s managed a grand total of 10 games in his career, hardly the experienced manager we crave is he?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on October 18, 2022, 08:07:26 am by Dare to dream! »
To those wanting Schofield to get the job, he’s managed a grand total of 10 games in his career, hardly the experienced manager we crave is he?

I would honestly be tempted if he interviewed well.

However I think the bored will be very hesitant to appoint someone in the Butler/McCsheffrey mould due to their performances.

We should expect them to appoint someone with experience.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on October 18, 2022, 08:10:51 am by Metalmicky »
I personally wouldn't say no to Fergie.  He has a reasonably good win record, knows the club, has bags of experience, connections within the game and has the type of personality to deal with the press and media.  I know he won't be everyone's cuppa, but out of a reasonably poor pool to fish in, he ticks several boxes. 

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on October 18, 2022, 08:12:07 am by normal rules »
I put his name forward based on an inkling only. I’m not saying he should be manager.   Just that he could be. His previous managerial stint at Huddersfield came about because of a resignation. He was professional development coach and head of B team.   He was asked to step up when Carlos Corberán resigned. He had a baptism of fire and was given little or no time to make an impact.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on October 18, 2022, 08:12:19 am by Metalmicky »

I would honestly be tempted if he interviewed well.

However I think the bored will be very hesitant to appoint someone in the Butler/McCsheffrey mould due to their performances.

We should expect them to appoint someone with experience.

A Freudian slip...?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on October 18, 2022, 08:20:19 am by Jonathan »
I personally wouldn't say no to Fergie.  He has a reasonably good win record, knows the club, has bags of experience, connections within the game and has the type of personality to deal with the press and media.  I know he won't be everyone's cuppa, but out of a reasonably poor pool to fish in, he ticks several boxes. 

He certainly has the experience required having faced three “Fergie out” campaigns from the fans during his time here!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on October 18, 2022, 08:21:31 am by DonnyOsmond »
Would SOD have interviewed well? I doubt it. Hopefully we don't go for the best blagger.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on October 18, 2022, 08:34:58 am by Jonathan »
Would SOD have interviewed well? I doubt it. Hopefully we don't go for the best blagger.

I think he would have, yes. I always found listening to SO’D to be enlightening. Those that thought he was boring judged him on his tone of voice rather than the words he said.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on October 18, 2022, 08:37:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

He certainly has the experience required having faced three “Fergie out” campaigns from the fans during his time here!

Yes, he would have been under pressure had he continued in post. I'm not sure the fan who threw his season ticket at him would be enthralled about his return.

I doubt he would want to put himself back in the same situation, having to haul the team up from League Two again. He pretty much said his ambitions were at Championship level, albeit before walking away from Peterborough with their slide firmly in place .

He has the experience at both ends of the leagues, that's for sure but is he hungry enough to take on the inevitable bumps in the road?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on October 18, 2022, 08:38:58 am by Metalmicky »

Isn't that a given for most managers at Rovers?  - 3 defeats on the trot normally signifies a scramble for the managers' head to roll.   

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on October 18, 2022, 08:52:37 am by Campsall rover »
Can’t see Fergie coming back. But if he did, he has a team this time I believe would be suited to his favoured formation of 3-5-2
So no round pegs in square holes.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on October 18, 2022, 08:55:36 am by graingrover »
For those who respect Copps’s views, I highly recommend you fork out the fiver on Patreon to listen to the 90-minute interview he gave with Peter Catt.Most of the talk was on the qualities of the various managers that Copps has played under.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on October 18, 2022, 09:33:35 am by Donnybax »
I can’t see Ferguson wanting to come back here. He left last time complaining about ambition and we are now in a much worse position

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on October 18, 2022, 09:35:11 am by wing commander »
  Ferguson will not be back here, he's got an interview on the coach's voice where he says he only stayed last time we got relegated as he felt responsible but left when we got back up because the board had no ambition.

The only two names that interest me out of the list linked is Artell and my preference Alexander.Although the latter has turned down a number of jobs apparently to spend time with his family

Hasselbank is a defo avoid,When Burton were on the slide he was more interested on being on Sky matches than working hard to sort things out.And a couple of Burton fans I know said it appeared he didn't care a jot.

Schofield is a highly rated prospect but no real experience but a left field shout would be Rob Edwards did wonders at FGR before being given the customary two months at Watford.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on October 18, 2022, 10:02:05 am by Metalmicky »
t a left field shout would be Rob Edwards did wonders at FGR before being given the customary two months at Watford.

That would be a good shout.... comes with little baggage and has experience at this level...

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on October 18, 2022, 10:03:28 am by roversdude »
  Ferguson will not be back here, he's got an interview on the coach's voice where he says he only stayed last time we got relegated as he felt responsible but left when we got back up because the board had no ambition.

The only two names that interest me out of the list linked is Artell and my preference Alexander.Although the latter has turned down a number of jobs apparently to spend time with his family

Hasselbank is a defo avoid,When Burton were on the slide he was more interested on being on Sky matches than working hard to sort things out.And a couple of Burton fans I know said it appeared he didn't care a jot.

Schofield is a highly rated prospect but no real experience but a left field shout would be Rob Edwards did wonders at FGR before being given the customary two months at Watford.

Isn’t he in the frame for a couple of Championship jobs though

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on October 18, 2022, 10:06:54 am by The Beast »
Obviously Fergie would be an improvement,  there's just something about him, I really don't want to see his face all over the Freepress and the Internet everytime I read about Rovers, there's somet about it that unnerves me.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on October 18, 2022, 10:25:47 am by wing commander »
I see Schofield has flown in to 1-4 on for the job with Adkins  at 6's and Artell out to 25's

ncRover

• Forum Member

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on October 18, 2022, 10:32:21 am by Donny Dub »
It most certainly needs to be someone who has the immediate respect and attention of all the players.  In my opinion this is the most valuable and essential quality the new man should being to the club.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on October 18, 2022, 10:51:54 am by Campsall rover »

He didn’t say “no ambition” he said “they left me with no choice” he did nor explain what he meant by that but I would assume that to mean he was not satisfied with the budget at his disposal.
The word ambition was never used.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on October 18, 2022, 11:17:50 am by ravenrover »
It has never been said, to the best of my knowledge, the reason Fergie left

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on October 18, 2022, 11:19:02 am by Chris Black come back »
Ferguson is not what we need, other than as a head of talent identification.

Nobody would be mentioning Danny Schofield if he wasn’t from Donny.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on October 18, 2022, 11:21:29 am by Donnybax »

I think with scholfield it’s more his links with Huddersfield and Bromby/Coppinger than him being from donny

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on October 18, 2022, 11:25:07 am by Campsall rover »

Possibly. But Huddersfield thought enough about him to give him the hot seat in the Championship.
Must be considered to be a very good coach. How good is he as a manager though is the question.
Would be another risk appointment.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on October 18, 2022, 11:26:07 am by jamesrover17 »
Schofield would be a massive gamble at this stage

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on October 18, 2022, 12:02:41 pm by Prez »
I see Schofield has flown in to 1-4 on for the job with Adkins  at 6's and Artell out to 25's

Which bookies are offering odds on the new manager please? Can’t seem to find them.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on October 18, 2022, 12:06:29 pm by glosterred »

I hope it isn’t Artell, he was crap as manager of Crewe when they sacked him after a 2-0 defeat against the Rovers last season. Schofield would be a good move as would Atkins.

COYR

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on October 18, 2022, 12:38:31 pm by jamesrover17 »

Which bookies are offering odds on the new manager please? Can’t seem to find them.

BetVictor I believe

TinyPortal © 2005-2012