Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 03:11:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ginge and whinge  (Read 5525 times)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
Re: Ginge and whinge
« Reply #60 on December 19, 2022, 06:15:31 pm by Branton Red »
A deeply unpleasant narcissist I'd say. Best ignored except....

She's making seemingly baseless claims against the Royal family whose head is our Head of State.

Hence she is undermining our constitution.

Hence she is undermining our country within the US - our most important ally and biggest trading partner.

All for personal gain (and more attention).

So yes there is importance in calling her and her husband out for their behaviour.

Jeremy Clarkson

A deeply unpleasant controversialist I'd say. Best ignored except....

He's making deliberately misogynist comments encouraging degradation, humiliation and violence towards women. Amongst those stupid enough to take his comments seriously at least.

All for personal gain (and more attention).

So yes there is importance in calling him out for his behaviour.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 19, 2022, 08:38:02 pm by SydneyRover »
More than 6000 12000 17500 complaints to the press regulator ......... so far
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 08:04:53 pm by SydneyRover »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 20, 2022, 10:59:19 pm by belton rover »
More than 6000 12000 17500 complaints to the press regulator ......... so far
It must be true then.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 21, 2022, 12:03:49 am by SydneyRover »
Clarkson embarrasses supporters by issuing apology

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 21, 2022, 12:10:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Clarkson embarrasses supporters by issuing apology

Did he? That was the most unapologetic apology I've ever seen. "Sorry for people not getting that I was referring to GoT when I said I hated a woman more than Rose West."

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 21, 2022, 01:05:43 am by SydneyRover »
Clarkson further embarrasses fan base as apology turns out to be disingenuous

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 24, 2022, 01:04:20 am by SydneyRover »
yet further embarrassment for clarkson fans plus any that don't like responsibility with their free speech and or maybe any that pick on women for no good reason.

''More than 60 cross-party MPs wrote to the newspaper’s editor, Victoria Newton, to demand an apology and “action taken” against Clarkson over the column in which he stated that Meghan should be paraded through the streets naked.

The Sun said in a statement released on Friday evening: “Columnists’ opinions are their own, but as a publisher, we realise that with free expression comes responsibility.

“We at the Sun regret the publication of this article and we are sincerely sorry.

“The article has been removed from our website and archives''

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/dec/23/the-sun-apologises-for-jeremy-clarksons-column-on-meghan

A cynic may even think this is a grovelling attempt to appease so they don't have to sack clarkson

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 05, 2023, 12:17:20 pm by normal rules »
So the latest revelation from the book Spare, Is that his brother William assaulted him and called his wife, rude, abrasive and difficult.
Brothers fight. No big deal there.
William sounds bang on with his description too.

I do wonder what Harry must think every morning when he wakes up. Life is good ? I have made good choices? Is the bank balance healthy?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 05, 2023, 12:50:41 pm by i_ateallthepies »
The book deal is said to be 'multi-millions', but on the rest of your points I agree.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 05, 2023, 02:14:42 pm by normal rules »
The book deal is said to be 'multi-millions', but on the rest of your points I agree.

He has to sell around 1.7 million copies to break even.
Sadly, he will probably do this because of those people who simply must read his account of the truth. And they will never know the actual truth.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 05, 2023, 03:22:31 pm by ncRover »
From the Guardian article

Harry recounts an anguished meeting with Charles and William after the Windsor Castle funeral of Prince Phillip, the queen’s husband, in April 2021.
Charles, he says, stood between his warring sons, “looking up at our flushed faces”.
“Please, boys,” Harry quotes his father as saying. “Don’t make my final years a misery.”

As someone who values privacy as much as Harry, this is very strange to tell the world about such a personal moment? Likely without Charles’ permission.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 05, 2023, 03:32:11 pm by normal rules »
From the Guardian article

Harry recounts an anguished meeting with Charles and William after the Windsor Castle funeral of Prince Phillip, the queen’s husband, in April 2021.
Charles, he says, stood between his warring sons, “looking up at our flushed faces”.
“Please, boys,” Harry quotes his father as saying. “Don’t make my final years a misery.”

As someone who values privacy as much as Harry, this is very strange to tell the world about such a personal moment? Likely without Charles’ permission.

The bloke has lost his honour. His code. The stuff that should have been deeply entrenched within him during his spell in the military. He has lost his own self respect. And with that, you lose everything.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 05, 2023, 04:48:40 pm by Not Now Kato »
Quite seriously, who cares?

There are far more important things happening that affect each and every one of us!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 05, 2023, 05:07:05 pm by normal rules »
Quite seriously, who cares?

There are far more important things happening that affect each and every one of us!

I’m with you to an extent Kato.
But his behaviour isn’t too much out of kilter to those who have dominated the global political stage over recent years. Putin. Trump. Kim jong un, Johnson, to name but a few. He may not be a dictator, or responsible for actual wars. But his actions are causing conflict and driving millions of people who embraced him to turn. It may only be family politics, but it’s the British Royal Family politics. Which means the world takes notice wether we like it or agree with it, or not.
Blind narcissism. A complete lack of guilt for their actions. Blind faith that they are right and everyone else is wrong.
And like trump, Harry is making money out of it.
He was a figurehead, a role model at the very highest level. The world at his feet. The ability to use his influence globally to do good. Like his mother did. Like his grandmother did.
Instead he has chosen to create division and conflict. That will be his legacy.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 05, 2023, 05:20:58 pm by ravenrover »
So the latest revelation from the book Spare, Is that his brother William assaulted him and called his wife, rude, abrasive and difficult.

I do wonder what Harry must think every morning when he wakes up. Life is good ? I have made good choices? Is the bank balance healthy?

His brother assaulted him,?remind me who was the trained soldier?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 05, 2023, 05:34:25 pm by Filo »
William doesn’t look like he’s hard, I reckon theres been some creative writing going on in that book, he lost his virginity in a field behind a pub with an older woman, pull the other one Harry

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 05, 2023, 05:37:12 pm by wilts rover »
As I said earlier, why is it that the people who say they don't like H&M are the ones to talk about them the most? I doubt they will give you a % of their royalities for all the free publicity you are giving them.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 05, 2023, 05:39:33 pm by i_ateallthepies »

This.  Can you imagine what his former squady mates must think reading it?  Toe curlingly cringeworthy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 05, 2023, 06:05:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Prince Harry = Kim Jong Un?

Is this getting a bit carried away?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 05, 2023, 06:27:26 pm by wilts rover »

This.  Can you imagine what his former squady mates must think reading it? Toe curlingly cringeworthy.

Killed 25 people during his time in Afghan apparently:

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1611048942191669249

Never served in the Army but I work with many who have in Afghan & Iraq. Best not to be glib or offensive over what you think they should be like after seeing and doing what they did.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 05, 2023, 06:40:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Wilts, I don't consider what I wrote to be offensive and my remark was in no way connected to what he may or may not have done on the battlefield.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 05, 2023, 07:37:33 pm by normal rules »
Prince Harry = Kim Jong Un?

Is this getting a bit carried away?

I was careful to add context BST.
Both narcissists.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 05, 2023, 07:39:20 pm by normal rules »
I do wonder how much of this narrative Harry is pushing is driven by his wonderful wife?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 05, 2023, 08:31:37 pm by Filo »
Be honest who hasn’t had a crack from their sibling, or given your sibling a crack, I’m the oldest so it was me doing the cracking, he makes it sound like its notnormal

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 05, 2023, 09:41:38 pm by wilts rover »
Wilts, I don't consider what I wrote to be offensive and my remark was in no way connected to what he may or may not have done on the battlefield.

But his actions in that incident (and for the rest of his life) will have been.

You may wish to consider your comments about how you think former members of the military should act when confronted with a civilian agressor and what their former colleagues might think about it.

But if you believe an ex-member of the forces refusing a fight is 'toe curlingly cringworthy' & calling a veteran that is not offensive, then that's your perogative. Most I know did enough fighting to last a lifetime.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 05, 2023, 10:13:57 pm by ncRover »
I do wonder how much of this narrative Harry is pushing is driven by his wonderful wife?

About 100%. No grown man would tell the world about such an instance in which his brother delivered cold hard truths about his wife and then physically overpowered him.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 06, 2023, 09:09:04 am by normal rules »
Out of all the recent revelations, the one about killing Islamic fighters is probably the most potentially damaging for him and his family.
Those of us who have served don’t talk about killing. It’s the code. But for him, of all people to do it in front of a global audience is utterly insane.
He has single handed lay painted a target on his back. A very large one.
He now lives in a country despised by IS.
And given his status he has probably made himself a very viable target, if he want one already.
He had better spend some of that hard earned cash on security. I get a feeling he will need it even more now than before.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 06, 2023, 09:17:24 am by ravenrover »
As has just been mentioned are there any adults around him advising him?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 06, 2023, 11:34:25 am by danumdon »
Some spares use women of a questionable standard to work out their frustrations

Others marry them, each to their own.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 06, 2023, 05:01:10 pm by wilts rover »
Out of all the recent revelations, the one about killing Islamic fighters is probably the most potentially damaging for him and his family.
Those of us who have served don’t talk about killing. It’s the code. But for him, of all people to do it in front of a global audience is utterly insane.
He has single handed lay painted a target on his back. A very large one.
He now lives in a country despised by IS.
And given his status he has probably made himself a very viable target, if he want one already.
He had better spend some of that hard earned cash on security. I get a feeling he will need it even more now than before.

There are people in jail over credible plots to kill Harry. And they're not from IS. Why do you think British far-right groups want to kill him?

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harry-and-meghan-faced-credible-threats-by-far-right-extremists-says-met-polices-ex-counterterror-chief-neil-basu-12758496

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/neo-nazi-trial-terror-prince-harry-michal-szewczuk-oskar-dunn-koczorowski-a8963396.html

Agreed with you about revalations tho. Very strange for a veteran to talk like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012