Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:27:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bobby Faulkener out on loan  (Read 4580 times)

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
Bobby Faulkener out on loan
« on December 16, 2022, 12:12:50 pm by Wade Falana »
Joined Worksop on loan, fantastic signing for them

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
Re: Bobby Faulkener out on loan
« Reply #1 on December 16, 2022, 12:36:18 pm by Cramby10 »
Appalling decision. He’d be a better player than RSW even with his boots tied together.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 16, 2022, 12:39:33 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Seen a mixed reaction early on…. Let’s try put some perspective on this…
If we aim to get promoted this season, we won’t be doing it with a 18y old playing CB, he’s a great talent but at this age let him get out and get some good experience.

The debate if he’s better than RSW is another one all together but RSW now has over 150 first team appearances under his belt. 

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 16, 2022, 12:42:22 pm by Butchers Red »
Apparently he cannot yet play "the style" of football being implemented by DS

That worries me a lot - because the kid can tackle, head the ball properly (unlike RSW) has an eye for goal and above all else a fighting heart.

Crackers.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 16, 2022, 12:42:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's the level of football he's gone to which is appalling. They're at a lower level than Frickley where he first went

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 16, 2022, 12:44:28 pm by The Beast »
Appalling decision. He’d be a better player than RSW even with his boots tied together.
I still don't  think he's quite ready for league 2, regular football will do him good! As for RSW, he's not great but not as bad as people say.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 16, 2022, 12:47:37 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Worksop? Who the f**k has sanctioned that. Should be Conference North at the very least

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 16, 2022, 01:13:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
How’s he going to improve his passing and ball distribution playing at the level of Worksop. We know he can tackle and head a ball. Do they play three at the back will he play right or left of the middle centre half. Because that’s the only way he will improve for our system. I hope Copps as looked at that before this move was sanctioned

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 16, 2022, 01:16:18 pm by glosterred »
I’m glad he’s going out on loan, as he’s behind all the current crop of CBs in the reckoning. He at least being out on loan will get some game time as opposed to sitting on the bench doing nowt. When he does come back he will or should be match fit.

COYR

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 16, 2022, 01:28:08 pm by Butchers Red »
The situation with this lad takes me right back to when Kitch first hit the scene, McMenemy for his sins made the lad ( and us !! ) wait and wait for him to get a decent run, I'm sorry but RSW's recent and regular gaffes, at the age of 24 with 150 games under his belt and an academy upbringing at Man Utd tell anyone who  understands the game that he will never, ever, cut it at League Level.Any opposing team will play on him for sure.

Faulkener should be first pick at the back, give him the game time and experience playing alongside Tom and in 2 years we would be selling him for a Million with add ons.

Surely that's what Rovers should be about imho

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 16, 2022, 01:50:38 pm by danumdon »
We're all aware that they are the professionals and we the just supporters but this does sound very tone deaf to me.

We all know what we've seen with our own eyes and to me and many others he looks like he should of been given more game time to develop here at home, if he's good enough he's old enough,

When you think of some of the abject defending displays we have seen this season would it have been any worse with Faulkner in the team gaining experience, i doubt it very much.

This just looks like a bone headed policy decision, when reality is staring them in the face, disappointing.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 16, 2022, 02:03:15 pm by Mike_F »
My gut reaction was that he should be playing at a higher level but having given it some though, Faulkner needs to be starting games week in, week out at the moment and with Worksop being well clear at the top of their division (they've only lost one in 18 so far) it could do him good to get into that consistent winning habit. He definitely needs to play against a better standard but he's gone there for a month so there's no reason why he can't use it to build his strength and fitness in what'll be a physical league then get a move to a higher level for the remainder of the season.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 16, 2022, 02:08:19 pm by swain_drfc »
Hahahahaha such a joke club we are.

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 16, 2022, 02:17:13 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
RSW should have gone on loan it’s more his level. Piss poor decision

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 16, 2022, 02:19:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
Let’s hope he starts every game unless someone’s injured will they change a team that’s won 16 on the trot. Tavonga Kuleya whose loan as been extended is on the bench but comes on from there.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 16, 2022, 02:24:31 pm by mushRTID »
A months loan over the busy Christmas period is absolutely nuts.

It’s a bad enough decision anyway but at this time of year as well I just do not understand.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 16, 2022, 02:27:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
He still trains with us during the week doesn’t he? So this is largely about him getting a weekly competitive game somewhere, as Schofield isn’t selecting him for the XI at the moment. Seems reasonable.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 16, 2022, 02:33:18 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Shades of Wellens and Bogle?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 16, 2022, 02:34:20 pm by selby »
  The benefit is he will get game time, be somewhere that rate him , and shows the lack of connections the club has to get players out at a decent level, or is it that other clubs don't fancy our players, some would hardly grace the level he has gone to.
  As for not being able to play the type of football that DS wants to play, I have witnessed Anderson and Long been torn a new backside by a sixteen year old from Barnsley, RSW commit error after error when its debatable his head or legs are connected to his body, all of them chase shadows at Carlisle and Barrow, while the lad has come on as sub, been shoved up front and saved games for us, was MOM at Northampton a top three side, shell a goal in from the edge of the box at Hartlepool with a shot that makes other attempts at goal this season look pathetic and doubtful a lot of our team are capable of getting their balance and feet together to do what he did, and in fairness have one dicky game, in which he won headers and tackles when others on the same pitch capitulated to Kings Lynn and offered absolutely nothing Zilch.
  A game that has been held over his head ever since, and he has not played a minute of competitive football since.
  It has been the best example this club have done of losing value of an asset I have witnessed for many a year, and all self inflicted, while those that have come into the team have been led a merry dance and have dished up some of the worst defensive performances over the last five years against very average sides.
  You reap what you sow, it is start all over again and value chucked away for no gain playing wise in fact a lower standard, and the value of a promising player undercut again.
  My message to DS is, he is the best defender in our own box we have at the club, and one of the best attackers from dead ball situations in the oppositions box, and a threat.
  If you don't want players to be like that you have the others to fart about ten yards from their own goal.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 16, 2022, 02:37:37 pm by ForsolongaRover »
…and do Worksop play the kind of football Schofield favours?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 16, 2022, 02:48:26 pm by selby »
FSLR, debatable, they have won a lot of games.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 16, 2022, 03:06:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some ridiculous swipes at the club over this. Yes, he has good potential but from what I've seen and heard, we're in danger of building him up too much too soon. I don't think he's ready for 90 mins of week in, week out league One football. He's put in a couple of really good cameos, a couple of full games and one where he suffered quite a bit, although he wasn't the only one.

Just my opinion but some folk are too  harsh with Williams and putting unrealistic expectations on Faulkner. Somewhere in the middle would be more reasonable.

I doubt Faulkner would get that much game time here so better he gets minutes out on loan. The merit of the loan to Worksop is another issue.

When folk criticise the club, it's DS and Copps making these decisions, no doubt taking a number of factors into account, and I'm yet to be convinced any of us have better credentials to make this sort of decision. 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 16, 2022, 03:12:01 pm by selby »
DBR, I am yet to be convinced too, I hope they can.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 16, 2022, 03:13:02 pm by scawsby steve »
It's the level of football he's gone to which is appalling. They're at a lower level than Frickley where he first went

Worksop are above Frickley in the pyramid.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 16, 2022, 03:18:39 pm by TheFunk »
Maybe no one else was interested in taking him on loan. I think we over estimate how good our youngsters are. Kuleya couldn't get a game at FCUM and now doesn't start for Worksop.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 16, 2022, 03:19:56 pm by ncRover »
Faulkner not Faulkener

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 16, 2022, 03:35:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
I agree with Selby when you play a three you need progressive Right and Left centre halves I’m not sure we have those players. Long good passer of the ball short and Long but as no pace to go forward and get back. Olowu Iam not sure yet he has pace and his background from. Arsenal you would expect so. Anderson when available should play the center of the three but is he a good passer I’m not sure. Williams yes has some pace but his defensive qualities on the Right and passing are debatable agin I think he more suitable for the centre. Therefore we are missing a right sided defender which I think Faulkner could fill and with good coaching from Schofield should be able to do it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 16, 2022, 03:52:21 pm by The Red Baron »
Maybe no one else was interested in taking him on loan. I think we over estimate how good our youngsters are. Kuleya couldn't get a game at FCUM and now doesn't start for Worksop.

Worksop must like Kuleya because they've extended his loan for the full season. Impact player, just like he was in the early part of the season with us.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 16, 2022, 03:54:02 pm by danumdon »
Some ridiculous swipes at the club over this. Yes, he has good potential but from what I've seen and heard, we're in danger of building him up too much too soon. I don't think he's ready for 90 mins of week in, week out league One football. He's put in a couple of really good cameos, a couple of full games and one where he suffered quite a bit, although he wasn't the only one.

Just my opinion but some folk are too  harsh with Williams and putting unrealistic expectations on Faulkner. Somewhere in the middle would be more reasonable.

I doubt Faulkner would get that much game time here so better he gets minutes out on loan. The merit of the loan to Worksop is another issue.

When folk criticise the club, it's DS and Copps making these decisions, no doubt taking a number of factors into account, and I'm yet to be convinced any of us have better credentials to make this sort of decision. 

We don't need him to play league one football, league two with us would be fine.

I think the forum members are right to air their opinions on this matter, its what its for. I'm sure no one on here thinks their opinion will make DS change his mind.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 16, 2022, 03:58:25 pm by danumdon »
Thinking about this, could this be a precursor to getting a better centre half in the transfer window?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012