Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:12:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tranmere v Rovers  (Read 5504 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Tranmere v Rovers
« Reply #60 on December 26, 2022, 04:30:20 pm by Lesonthewest »
We can't even create anything at 0-2 with the home sitting back having a brew.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 26, 2022, 04:32:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So it goes on is it really all these managers fault. Let’s see who we can afford to sign loan or permanent in January then we will see what level of player we get.
you would expect the manager to work out a game plan with the players he has however. Not think he’s Pep managing Barca. This obsession with passing/possession is folly with this squad. If this is the type of football he is serving up, do we want him to have the transfer window?

What? He shouldn't have a transfer window to bring in players to better suit his way of playing because of his current way of playing?

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 26, 2022, 04:32:44 pm by Thorney »
This is atrocious.
Gone 2-0 down and don't show any attacking threat or try to look like putting tranmere under pressure, and may I add a poor tranmere at that.

This is up there with the worst style of play for many seasons.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 26, 2022, 04:34:21 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Worrying he thinks Seaman is good.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 26, 2022, 04:34:58 pm by ScillyRover »
Things are looking up … Williams on :))

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 26, 2022, 04:36:40 pm by ScillyRover »
3-0

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 26, 2022, 04:36:48 pm by adamtherover »
3 nil ffs

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on December 26, 2022, 04:37:08 pm by Filo »
How pathetic have we become?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 26, 2022, 04:37:36 pm by Metalmicky »
I don't want to watch hoof football, but from my understanding of the game, you can't score if you don't try and have a shot at the white rectangle type object at the opposite end of the pitch.....

Tommy A

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 26, 2022, 04:38:00 pm by Tommy A »
Things are looking up … Williams on :))

"WIlliams with his first touch heads it upin the air"  :suicide:

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 26, 2022, 04:38:04 pm by Prez »
We have got yet another fraud of a manager. How the hell is this acceptable?

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 26, 2022, 04:38:50 pm by ScillyRover »
Schofield, if he had anything about him should come out and apologise for this abject display … utterly inexcusable.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 26, 2022, 04:39:24 pm by Cramby10 »
So it goes on is it really all these managers fault. Let’s see who we can afford to sign loan or permanent in January then we will see what level of player we get.
you would expect the manager to work out a game plan with the players he has however. Not think he’s Pep managing Barca. This obsession with passing/possession is folly with this squad. If this is the type of football he is serving up, do we want him to have the transfer window?

What? He shouldn't have a transfer window to bring in players to better suit his way of playing because of his current way of playing?
yes, as it’s shocking. 1 up front and playing at snails pace is not for us. We’re in League 2 for crying out loud. Last 4 managers have tried it and it hasn’t worked. God only knows why we thought this equally inexperienced chap would be any different.
Hand on heart, and I say this with a straight face, I’d take Steve Evans tomorrow.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 26, 2022, 04:40:22 pm by Canadian Rover »

Looking at the bigger picture it's not an horrendous statement. The fans that questioned the appointment now question giving him a transfer window. Really they are sticking to their guns because DS hasn't convinced them otherwise, actually he's compounded their negative thoughts on his appointment.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 26, 2022, 04:42:39 pm by andyst79 »

yes, as it’s shocking. 1 up front and playing at snails pace is not for us. We’re in League 2 for crying out loud. Last 4 managers have tried it and it hasn’t worked. God only knows why we thought this equally inexperienced chap would be any different.
Hand on heart, and I say this with a straight face, I’d take Steve Evans tomorrow.
I'd look to play direct and master picking up the 2nd ball in this division.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 26, 2022, 04:43:23 pm by Lesonthewest »
If I didn't know better, this is like watching a very poor Conference side. Absolutely appalling.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 26, 2022, 04:44:43 pm by bobbymax »
One can't really underestimate just how bad this squad is, or how we've somehow managed to appoint another manager who doesn't understand what's required to get out of League 2.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 26, 2022, 04:45:46 pm by Lesonthewest »
Any chance of a shot on target lads, tell you what I'll settle for creating something. Never have I seen a team so devoid of ideas.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 26, 2022, 04:47:37 pm by andyst79 »

Looking at the bigger picture it's not an horrendous statement. The fans that questioned the appointment now question giving him a transfer window. Really they are sticking to their guns because DS hasn't convinced them otherwise, actually he's compounded their negative thoughts on his appointment.

It's concerning that he's had weeks on the training ground to come up with this crap. Our 2 main attacking threats in Hurst & Molyneux on the bench & knoyle at cb

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 26, 2022, 04:49:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The balance of the squad is all wrong.  Hurst, Maxwell, Long, Seaman are not players who should be playing week in week out they're development players.  Schofield's hinted at that aswell before. Fundamentally I don't think any manager could get these playing top three football.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 26, 2022, 04:51:30 pm by Canadian Rover »
The balance of the squad is all wrong.  Hurst, Maxwell, Long, Seaman are not players who should be playing week in week out they're development players.  Schofield's hinted at that aswell before. Fundamentally I don't think any manager could get these playing top three football.
Top 3 football? We are playing bottom level football.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 26, 2022, 04:51:39 pm by EasyforDennis »

I'd look to play direct and master picking up the 2nd ball in this division.

I would prefer us to master picking up the 1st ball

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 26, 2022, 04:51:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
If we question the appointment then we should be questioning Copps  Role he wanted him. He’s involved in getting players to the club. What i question why we continue to play 343 all the time.
We haven’t got the players to play it. Any way let it continue nothing going to change we have what we’ve got from the top of the club through to the players poor

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on December 26, 2022, 04:52:50 pm by anton123 »
Top 3 football ? Christ don’t think any 1 is asking for that now but god it needs to be better then this

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 26, 2022, 04:53:53 pm by vaya »

It's to some extent a legacy of the churn of managers over the last couple of years. There's multiple transfer windows with no consistent long term vision involved in them.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 26, 2022, 04:54:00 pm by Lesonthewest »
Schofield, if he had anything about him should come out and apologise for this abject display … utterly inexcusable.

If he doesn't come out, tell it how it is, & not talk bo--ox, he'll go down in my estimation, this has been inexcusable & a total embarrassment.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 26, 2022, 04:54:12 pm by dickos1 »
The squad we have is the same squad we had under mcsheffrey and we all know these players aren’t good enough.
So it is ludicrous to slag this manager when he hasn’t signed one player yet

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 26, 2022, 04:57:27 pm by Lesonthewest »
The squad we have is the same squad we had under mcsheffrey and we all know these players aren’t good enough.
So it is ludicrous to slag this manager when he hasn’t signed one player yet

Nobody has 'slagged' the manager though have they.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 26, 2022, 05:00:46 pm by goalkick »
Looking forward to the managers comments on the match as I can’t think what excuses he can possibly give.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 26, 2022, 05:08:18 pm by Filo »
Looking forward to the managers comments on the match as I can’t think what excuses he can possibly give.

His buzz word fundamentals

TinyPortal © 2005-2012