Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 11:37:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club New Year Statement  (Read 4502 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Club New Year Statement
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2023, 11:01:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
In todays football environment, that is some achievement. TB is the insurance that underwrites it all and we have to acknowledge we have been through some difficult times with Covid etc, but some instability on top of that, so to come out of it in relatively good health is positive for the future.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2023, 11:07:51 am by steve@dcfd »
Reading the club statement from GB shows the club financially is going in the right direction. SM as said we need to be in league 1 to get more financial benefits. So let’s ensure we bring in players in this window so we can achieve that aim this season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2023, 11:33:13 am by ravenrover »
And then we get the sack the board brigade.........

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2023, 11:59:34 am by roversdude »
What a brilliant statement and even greater achievement well done GB and all the staff

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2023, 12:00:57 pm by mushRTID »
Interesting he does mention the club being in a good position for investment.

I find having a derby against Rotherham with no police to save money a little risky mind. It may have worked that one game but it’s asking for trouble isn’t it?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2023, 12:05:50 pm by graingrover »
Dear Gavin ,
your statement contains the essence required for every football club that cannot count on sugar daddy monies .
As a long standing fan I thank you and T Bramall and D Blunt for having conceived and delivered this strategy .
You of course have no one to officially highlight your own enormously important contribution to all of this but all thinking  fans and TB and DB must know that without you Club Doncaster could not have been conceived and certainly never achieved .

Brian Grainger .

Joy Division Oven Gloves

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2023, 12:32:09 pm by Joy Division Oven Gloves »
There can't be many clubs in the EFL operating at breakeven without external investment. Sort of proud that my club is, although it doesn't sound like we'll be signing a million pound striker in the January window  :laugh:

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2023, 12:33:46 pm by Butchers Red »
A very encouraging statement, all genuine long standing fans will appreciate the security it provides those of us who above all else just want a decent, local club to support through thick and thin.

Well done and thank you to all at Club Doncaster

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2023, 01:19:04 pm by silent majority »
Interesting he does mention the club being in a good position for investment.

I find having a derby against Rotherham with no police to save money a little risky mind. It may have worked that one game but it’s asking for trouble isn’t it?

Its quite interesting that a couple of seasons ago, just before Covid, we played Rotherham at the Keepmoat and I was invited to a briefing to discuss the security arrangements for that game. I was appalled at the overkill that went into that, it must have cost the club a fortune! I expressed my displeasure, and didn't take any satisfaction from it when it went wrong.

This time I was keen to see a Police free game, and even more pleased it went off with little incident.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 06, 2023, 04:27:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

...who will moan that it hasn't been said by David Blunt. FFS.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 06, 2023, 04:45:11 pm by roversdude »
I’m expecting a few people posting negativity, you could almost name them in advance. I don’t know how any open minded person could not be impressed with that statement and the work done to get us in that position

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 06, 2023, 04:55:15 pm by Chris the Rover »
I am willing to wager that not many football clubs will issue that sort of statement to their supporters. I’m as guilty as the next man for moaning and groaning when results aren’t positive. The Club engaging with supporters by issuing that sort of statement makes me proud to be a Rovers fan.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 06, 2023, 05:32:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Brilliant to hear how well the clubs finances are. In the economic climate we have had through Covid and the current cost of living crisis it is quite fantastic that the Club is so sound financially.

I do think this sort of communication is very important.
It’s when we hear nothing for long periods of time that the dissenters become most vocal.

The more communication the better. I would like to hear from Copps on his take on the football side of the club.
I understand we will be shortly, but it’s well overdue imo. We haven’t really heard from him since the summer other than when DS was appointed.

I think we should receive updates from GB every 6 months minimum and ones from Copps on football matters probably every 3 months.

Information is key. The supporters are then made to feel important.
Less rubbish will then be spouted on this site and other social media.

Of course there will always be a few that will never be happy, but that is life.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:41:14 pm by Campsall rover »

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 06, 2023, 05:35:47 pm by turnbull for england »
I’m expecting a few people posting negativity, you could almost name them in advance. I don’t know how any open minded person could not be impressed with that statement and the work done to get us in that position

Have a look on Twitter / Facebook, they are all there. Apparently the statement says to them that  the board bugger and burn John Ryan dolls on a weekly basis and  we are destined to   never again achieve anything . The fact that the statement is a fantastic achievement in this climate, to be able to out of the last 3 years solvent and  with a sound base is something as  SM mentions elsewhere will be something almost of clubs who still won't be promoted this year would  kill for

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 06, 2023, 06:03:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
John Ryan would never have got this club onto the self-sustaining base it now is. He was more interested in spending other people's money than in getting the club into a position to earn it itself.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 06, 2023, 06:13:17 pm by no eyed deer »

And then you get the happy clappers.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 06, 2023, 06:14:46 pm by no eyed deer »
John Ryan would never have got this club onto the self-sustaining base it now is. He was more interested in spending other people's money than in getting the club into a position to earn it itself.

So he never dug deep ? Just spent others

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 06, 2023, 06:15:36 pm by bpoolrover »
The club is run very well there is no doubt about it, but most fans want to see there team do well, it’s rare you hear Man City, Liverpool fans etc moaning they have spent 50 million on a player, how long will the club be able to run without losing money if things don’t improve on the pitch?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 06, 2023, 06:16:31 pm by bpoolrover »

but without him glyn you would never have watched championship football

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 06, 2023, 06:19:38 pm by scawsby steve »

No need to slag Ryan off. He was a hero to this club, just as Terry Bramall is now, to most of us.

Perspective.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 06, 2023, 06:22:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

but without him glyn you would never have watched championship football

I know. But it's like drugs, after the high it's a big come down.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 06, 2023, 06:27:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No need to slag Ryan off. He was a hero to this club, just as Terry Bramall is now, to most of us.

Perspective.

Telling the truth is not slagging off. I haven't badmouthed him in any way. Yes, he did a lot for Rovers but he was also flawed. And that is my perspective.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 06, 2023, 06:28:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No, he put money in. Are you saying he didn't spend other peoples' money?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 06, 2023, 06:30:49 pm by NickDRFC »
Really positive, interesting read. Shame that this thread includes this contribution given it will inevitably derail it. It is possible to admire the current board and praise what they’ve done without belittling the contribution of the guy that took us from the brink of extinction to League One (bankrolled himself), you know.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 06, 2023, 06:32:02 pm by Chris Black come back »

Perspective.

Agree with this. JR is a great man. Even the greatest have their flaws though.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 06, 2023, 06:52:14 pm by no eyed deer »

I bet he put more of his personal wealth in than Bramall. Perspective

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 06, 2023, 07:04:13 pm by ravenrover »

Strike 1, expected

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 06, 2023, 07:06:41 pm by no eyed deer »

Strike 1, expected

Whatever

One day your blinkers will slip.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 06, 2023, 07:11:02 pm by wilts rover »

I bet he put more of his personal wealth in than Bramall. Perspective

I bet he didn't/hasn't - by a long way. Go check the accounts from 1998 to 2022 if you want proof.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012