Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 11:16:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Back to Normal  (Read 4629 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Back to Normal
« on January 07, 2023, 05:02:36 pm by Upton Rover »
You don’t mind losing if we played a good game, but we are having far to many games where we can’t have a shot on target, Bianca Westwood was right we offer nothing in the final third.
Also should the keeper have done better? I think so

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Back to Normal
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2023, 05:04:16 pm by vaya »
You don’t mind losing if we played a good game, but we are having far to many games where we can’t have a shot on target, Bianca Westwood was right we offer nothing in the final third.

Did we not play a good game?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2023, 05:05:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Keeper dreadful for the goal. Lobbed again! Miller is a headless chicken. Agard can't run. Reo forget about him never fit. Nothing up top

Defence I thought looked good. Let down by Mitchell big time.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 05:08:04 pm by Padge_DRFC »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2023, 05:06:18 pm by mushRTID »
Mitchell definitely at fault for me. It wasn’t a venomous shot, it was a looping punt with not that much pace on it. Can’t be letting that in.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2023, 05:08:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Mitchell definitely at fault for me. It wasn’t a venomous shot, it was a looping punt with not that much pace on it. Can’t be letting that in.
Your having a laugh. It was a worldy.

There are a few of you on here that have decided you don’t like JM whatever he does.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2023, 05:08:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
Whatever funds are available can we pleas try and get reinforcement before next Saturday. It sounds we did ok first half but run out of legs and idea it wasn’t a comfortable win and really I believe Mitchell should have saved their goal.  Worldy it was not watch Mitchell’s movement as the ball goes out the area he takes two steps forward that meant he couldn’t get back with his out stretched hand.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 05:11:23 pm by steve@dcfd »

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2023, 05:10:05 pm by karlos »
Don’t think Mitchell was at fault it was a wonder goal can’t blame him for conceding that!
As for George miller he desperately needs help up front but overall it just goes to show your not always better off getting rid of a good manager. Not a bad game apart from the final third.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2023, 05:10:18 pm by mushRTID »
Your having a laugh. It was a worldy.

There are a few of you on here that have decided you don’t like JM whatever he does.

There are also a few of you on here that will defend him whatever to make yourself look a better supporter.

He was at fault for the goal in my opinion, it was poor. It’s just an opinion.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2023, 05:10:43 pm by redbrez »
Too many away performances where we try to defend all game and knick a goal , always going to end up with a terrible performance and defeat more often than not ? Not so bothered with results at the minute ,I just want to see some kind of goal threat , entertainment wise for the last couple of seasons is so draining and boring .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2023, 05:10:52 pm by Campsall rover »
Keeper dreadful for the goal. Lobbed again! Miller is a headless chicken. Agard can't run. Reo forget about him never fit. Nothing up top

Sorry that’s rubbish.

Mitchell haters out in force this evening.  Calling Miller a headless chicken is disgraceful.  :headbang:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2023, 05:11:03 pm by DRNaith »
One point off the playoffs and if we'd have won today we'd have gone fourth.

I know that good strikers don't grow on trees or are normally available in the January transfer window, but we're doing well.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2023, 05:11:22 pm by colincramb »

I’d say going through 96 minutes without a single shot on target, against a makeshift defence would indicate not, no

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 07, 2023, 05:12:37 pm by Canadian Rover »
Really enjoyed the first half. Second was truly awful.

We were out thought and out fought.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2023, 05:12:37 pm by vaya »

I’d say going through 96 minutes without a single shot on target, against a makeshift defence would indicate not, no

Open question. I wasn't at the game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 07, 2023, 05:14:48 pm by steve@dcfd »

Sorry that’s rubbish.

Mitchell haters out in force this evening.  Calling Miller a headless chicken is disgraceful.  :headbang:
It’s not hating Mitchell emotive talk. Watch his feet as the ball is cleared from our area then decide why he couldn’t get the ball

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2023, 05:15:54 pm by colincramb »

Open question. I wasn't at the game.

Neither was I, just kind of worked it out from the stats

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2023, 05:20:25 pm by coventryrover »
Sorry....can we have an appraisal of who were were playing, their form etc before being completely fecking negative on here.

1st half was good....they got.on top second.     We were competitive.    We weren't alot of the time last year.   Things are changing

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2023, 05:20:36 pm by Lesonthewest »
We simply lacked any kind of goal threat second half, first half we were really good. Whatever anyone says about not being in a rush for January, if we want to push for the play-offs we have to strengthen. Hopefully there are a few signings on the horizon.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 07, 2023, 05:20:48 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I like Mitchell he's improved loads. The goal today was a joke

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2023, 05:22:11 pm by dickos1 »

If you’re watching Bianca Westwood then obviously not watching the game.
We gave them a good game and were the better team in the first half.
Bad decisions in the final third cost us

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 07, 2023, 05:23:19 pm by dickos1 »
When we played these at home we drew but it was one of the most one sided games I’ve ever seen.
Today we gave as good as we got

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 07, 2023, 05:26:39 pm by bpoolrover »
The first half was very good we stopped them creating anything and having a few half chances ourselves, 2nd half wellens made changes that worked and ds took off our only players that posed any threat, I hoped he leaned from last week when he took hurst and Luke m off and we fell apart, as far as the goal Mitchell took 2 steps forward and was beaten by a great strike, in hindsight he shouldn’t of come forward but just one of them things

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 07, 2023, 05:27:20 pm by bpoolrover »
When we played these at home we drew but it was one of the most one sided games I’ve ever seen.
we gave as good as we got and more first half, second half we were outplayed all half

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 07, 2023, 05:27:54 pm by Canadian Rover »

First half we did. 2nd half we sat too deep. Close and Biggins seemed to be slow to press/challenge. Maybe Ravenhill would have been a better option for fresh  legs and to compete for the ball.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 07, 2023, 05:28:03 pm by Filo »
Hurst should have scored first half, keeper out of his goal, he should have dinked it in the open goal, instead he trys to beat two defenders and loses the ball

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 07, 2023, 05:28:11 pm by redarmi66 »
Jesus… some people!! We’ve lost one nil away to probable champions. Played ok first half. Matched them. Our keeper is decent at our level. Saved us many times. They stepped it up 2nd half and showed why they are top. End of. Suck it up. Orient away was never going to define the rest of our season.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 05:30:21 pm by redarmi66 »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 07, 2023, 05:29:25 pm by donnievic »
Can’t fault them 1st half but definitely 2nd best 2nd half,and those blaming Mitchell are either just looking to blame sumone and obviously never played in goal,dipping shot they was way over his head when it past him and before anyone say he was too far off his line are wrong,yes he prob poss saved it if was on his line but you would see any keeper rooted to hos line there

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 07, 2023, 05:29:35 pm by dickos1 »
we gave as good as we got and more first half, second half we were outplayed all half

I think both halves were the same, we just as much on top uk the first half as they were in the 2nd.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 07, 2023, 05:37:36 pm by StocksArmy »
We played 45mins where we could and should have the game done. It was just fact that they were going to find us out at the break and win that 2nd half which is what i knew was going to happen as i said in the lucky pint thread. I dont even care that they are top of the league and the lad will never hit one like that for the rest of his career, the truth is they were there for us to do a propper away performance job on in the first 45mins and we were toothless against a weakened back 4. We are also a week into the window with a brand new manager whos inherited another managers squad and we are still "in conversations" thats because we are trying to take fringe players from other clubs to take less money than they are worth and they are sitting waiting for the end of the window for a better offer as they dont fit into the plans of self sufficient Club Doncaster unless, they happen to persuade the player they can put him back in the shop window where he wil be working in nice training facilities with a nice atmosphere around the training ground where its ok if it doesnt work out and its also ok to perform at a 1 in 3 standard or warm the bench for the rest of his contract. We are literally supporting a business with zero ambition other than to get us back to League One. And all we get from the people at the top is we are well run...... so are the likes of Brentford and Brighton... where are they again? Its ok to be self sufficient as long as you have  people in roles who are able to spot talent when they see it, so that we can develop them and sell them on. Apparently thats what we are doing yet only have Faulkner who has a chance of making a career. The game is that brutal that if you arent at least making the bench at 18 for us then we are never going to be able to make a good bit of money out of them. If im wrong name me a player who has done this in the past under this regime? Its emotional blackmail!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 07, 2023, 05:44:46 pm by Canadian Rover »
Bizarre display from your lot today. We were there for the taking with our 3 centre halves unavailable yet you seemed to be content with a point. Was expecting more from you given your recent upturn in form tbh

That's from a O's fan on our Twitter.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012