Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 10:39:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Back to Normal  (Read 4622 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Back to Normal
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2023, 05:48:20 pm by Upton Rover »
You don’t mind losing if we played a good game, but we are having far to many games where we can’t have a shot on target, Bianca Westwood was right we offer nothing in the final third.
Also should the keeper have done better? I think so

Did we not play a good game?
No we never had a shot on target, very poor at this level not to have a shot on target for 90 mins, you tell me different

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2023, 05:50:07 pm by Upton Rover »
Mitchell definitely at fault for me. It wasn’t a venomous shot, it was a looping punt with not that much pace on it. Can’t be letting that in.
Your having a laugh. It was a worldy.

There are a few of you on here that have decided you don’t like JM whatever he does.
Give over Campsall, should never have been beaten from there

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2023, 05:52:42 pm by andyst79 »
Got bullied in midfield 2nd half against a good side. Close was a complete passenger for most of the game, for the few nice passes he does when he's not under pressure he offers us nothing. I'd like to see the goal again but it looked like no keeper in the world would have saved it. Anyone who's saying Mitchell's positioning was poor is wrong, he was exactly where he should be just a good strike unfortunately. No shame in the defeat, more than matched them 1st half and there were a lot of positives to take from that, We moved the ball well and our shape was good in & out of possession. They nullified us well and doubled up on Molyneux in the 1st half. Obviousley we've no strength and depth off the bench but we're in a good position if we recruit well in Jan.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2023, 05:53:01 pm by Upton Rover »
Sorry....can we have an appraisal of who were were playing, their form etc before being completely fecking negative on here.

1st half was good....they got.on top second.     We were competitive.    We weren't alot of the time last year.   Things are changing
We were playing a team who had never scored a goal in the last 3 , both centre backs out and who are in a really false position, the fact is we never had a shot on target piss poor that

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2023, 05:57:41 pm by glosterred »
f**k me this forum is back to normal, we lose we are doomed, we’re crap,we don’t have a clue, we win we’re the best team in the world. Not much for the happy medium are we.

COYR

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2023, 05:59:24 pm by selby »
  He hasn't taken into account their form, the first stumble of the season lately can't buy a goal, their main central defenders missing, rarely get three wins on the trot.
  What team would you pick out of the division to get you back on track?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 07, 2023, 06:03:28 pm by elmsallrover »
Mitchell definitely at fault for me. It wasn’t a venomous shot, it was a looping punt with not that much pace on it. Can’t be letting that in.

There are a few of you on here that have decided you don’t like JM whatever he does.
Give over Campsall, should never have been beaten from there
like the 3rd goal vs Rochdale virtually stood on the goaline but they.manage to score with a chip over his head

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 07, 2023, 06:06:07 pm by vaya »
You don’t mind losing if we played a good game, but we are having far to many games where we can’t have a shot on target, Bianca Westwood was right we offer nothing in the final third.

Did we not play a good game?
No we never had a shot on target, very poor at this level not to have a shot on target for 90 mins, you tell me different

As I've already said, I was asking an open question as I wasn't at the game - presumably you were?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 07, 2023, 06:08:22 pm by donnievic »
Not scored in last 3 games against Northampton and Newport away and Stevenage at home,anyone would think they are against bottom 3 teams in the league and they scored from a great strike,for all the possession they had 2nd half Mitchell was only tested once apart from the goal aswell.as soon as we lose the same old moaners are at it

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 07, 2023, 06:09:46 pm by Lesonthewest »
Bizarre display from your lot today. We were there for the taking with our 3 centre halves unavailable yet you seemed to be content with a point. Was expecting more from you given your recent upturn in form tbh

That's from a O's fan on our Twitter.

That O's fan is bang on.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 07, 2023, 06:12:21 pm by Upton Rover »

If you’re watching Bianca Westwood then obviously not watching the game.
We gave them a good game and were the better team in the first half.
Bad decisions in the final third cost us
Did we pose any treat in the final third?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 07, 2023, 06:14:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Their part time CBs will never get an easier game

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 07, 2023, 06:29:35 pm by Upton Rover »
f**k me this forum is back to normal, we lose we are doomed, we’re crap,we don’t have a clue, we win we’re the best team in the world. Not much for the happy medium are we.

COYR
I can’t see anyone saying we are doomed, we are simply commenting on the game, I don’t think we are doomed, I do know that if we are to get out of L2 this season then we simply got to bring players in, and that looks remote at this moment in time.
My other comment on todays game is I think it’s diabolical how a group of 10 overpaid outfield players can’t muster 1 shot on target the whole 90 mins, SHAME on them

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 07, 2023, 06:44:20 pm by Campsall rover »

There are also a few of you on here that will defend him whatever to make yourself look a better supporter.

He was at fault for the goal in my opinion, it was poor. It’s just an opinion.
“ to make myself look a better supporter “  if that’s aimed at me then are you serious with that because it’s so far from the truth.
I just say it as I see it.  I don’t claim to be a “better” supporter than anyone else.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 06:59:18 pm by Campsall rover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 07, 2023, 06:50:05 pm by normal rules »

If you’re watching Bianca Westwood then obviously not watching the game.
We gave them a good game and were the better team in the first half.
Bad decisions in the final third cost us
Did we pose any treat in the final third?
[/quote

In a word. No.
Had few shots from outside the area first half, but they were well blocked way before they got anywhere near goal. Miller has no service at all. We are very poor in the final third

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 07, 2023, 06:51:52 pm by Campsall rover »

COYR
Bang on glosterred.

This forum is really quite mad. The knee jerk reactions to a defeat are crazy. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 07, 2023, 06:55:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry....can we have an appraisal of who were were playing, their form etc before being completely fecking negative on here.

1st half was good....they got.on top second.     We were competitive.    We weren't alot of the time last year.   Things are changing
We were playing a team who had never scored a goal in the last 3 , both centre backs out and who are in a really false position, the fact is we never had a shot on target piss poor that
So your saying
“Leyton Orient are in a false position” So a team that has got 56 points from 25 games are in a false position.
You don’t achieve that record through luck. 

So are Rovers also in a false position. Where in the table should we be?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 07, 2023, 07:03:40 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They're not in a false position. They're a decent side. They were way better when they played us at home than today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 07, 2023, 07:08:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
Orient were not particularly impressive. We lost narrowly which felt about right for the game. If we aren’t going to have shots on goal, we aren’t going to score. Orient were not exactly peppering Mitchell. We lost because we are not as yet much good, but we are getting more solid, which is progress.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 07, 2023, 07:10:19 pm by Rovers91 »
Not gone today because of train strikes we cancelled tickets but for me the goal Mitchell moved his feet as though he was in quick sand.
Sounds like we played alright but created nothing, we definitely need about 4 bodies minimum this window.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 07, 2023, 07:11:18 pm by philsky »
Just back.

That could have gone either way in dreadful conditions.

Very little between the teams imo
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:39:24 pm by philsky »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 07, 2023, 07:35:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We lack options to change it, simple as that and these players will be a bit tired after Christmas.  We have nothing to swap any of the attack out for at all.  Not the fault of the head coach given circumstances but they need to replace the lost players quick or we've no chance of catching up.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 07, 2023, 07:38:58 pm by drfchound »
We desperately need someone who has the skills that Tomlin had to open up defences.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 07, 2023, 07:46:32 pm by donnievic »
Orient were not particularly impressive. We lost narrowly which felt about right for the game. If we aren’t going to have shots on goal, we aren’t going to score. Orient were not exactly peppering Mitchell. We lost because we are not as yet much good, but we are getting more solid, which is progress.
agree with wot your saying we are looking tighter but we did have shots at goal today but we are still lightweight up top and not to threaten a lot more

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 07, 2023, 07:46:38 pm by Lesonthewest »
I haven't seen much in the way of 'knee jerk reaction', just people offering their take on the game, & we can move forward. Just saying it as you see it really, some posters take exception if it doesn't agree with their own opinion. Just tend to read the posts with a balanced view, rather than the 'I'm right & your wrong' ones.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 07, 2023, 07:46:46 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Keeper dreadful for the goal. Lobbed again! Miller is a headless chicken. Agard can't run. Reo forget about him never fit. Nothing up top

Defence I thought looked good. Let down by Mitchell big time.
Sorry that’s rubbish.

Mitchell haters out in force this evening.  Calling Miller a headless chicken is disgraceful.  :headbang:

I am tyred of these Mitchell "outers"   I am a MICHEL-IN fan  :whistle:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 07, 2023, 07:47:03 pm by Jonathan »
We desperately need someone who has the skills that Tomlin had to open up defences.

We should make a move for Sadlier. Not getting enough minutes at Bolton, pretty sure he’d happily come back here if the chance was presented.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 07, 2023, 07:54:50 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

We should make a move for Sadlier. Not getting enough minutes at Bolton, pretty sure he’d happily come back here if the chance was presented.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rotherham made a move for him on loan ...    Rotherham are no longer a tall " land of the giants team"   in fact Ronnie Moore accused Milwall of being a team of giants last Saturday - how times change !!!

Whatsmore Bolton havd just made their first signing in the transfer window and their manager hinted that was the first of many signings to come. 

So there is every chance he will go out on loan - but not to our division. :thumbdown:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 07, 2023, 07:59:10 pm by drfchound »

I would love Sads to come back to us until the end of the season.
Him and Miller would be a great front two.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 07, 2023, 08:22:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
This is the thing Tomlin's wage is going where at the minute? He was something different and Woltman is a terrible replacement

TinyPortal © 2005-2012