Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:29:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I hope the fans ambitions are one day matched by those at the club  (Read 4661 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Time to wake up people!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: I hope the fans ambitions are one day matched by those at the club
« Reply #1 on January 13, 2023, 06:53:48 pm by Metalmicky »
Please go and support something else - put your effort into something constructive....

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Well that couldn’t be more BLUNT

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 13, 2023, 06:56:51 pm by Rovers91 »
Knoyle statement says it all with that sentence, everyone can see it from the outside apart from those with rose tinted glasses. But the fact that has come from the inside from a player that did care and gave it 100% every game says it all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:02:13 pm by Rovers91 »

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 13, 2023, 06:58:58 pm by jmt23 »
It could also be read as " I would have stayed if you payed me more" a final swipe at the club. Some players make their living by running contracts down.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 13, 2023, 06:59:28 pm by swain_drfc »
Please go and support something else - put your effort into something constructive....

You have to wonder why some of the performances this season have been below par! I bet most of the squad can see the lack of ambition from our beloved club! You keep those rose tinted glasses on though fella! See you in the national league as that is where we are heading under this leadership.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 13, 2023, 07:12:29 pm by Pside »
How many former players and managers have said something along these lines in the last 5 years. Can’t all be wrong can they? Makes you think doesn’t it

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 13, 2023, 07:16:46 pm by roversdude »
How many former players and managers have said something along these lines in the last 5 years. Can’t all be wrong can they? Makes you think doesn’t it
Not really no

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
Sad to read and sad to lose him. I hope that doesn’t come back to bite us later.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
It's not about having rose tinted glasses but having a sense of realism and perspective. Nothing deserves some of the personal and toxic negativity. There are other ways of influencing things rather than being destructive.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes does not justify the personal attacks to the absolute low of persistently booing our captain, even after a point had been made.

Sometimes in life, you get what you wish for. I don't give a toss if we end up in the national league. It's the younger element that will have to go around with buckets and build the club back up again. You can’t do that by constantly being spoon fed and being negative.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 13, 2023, 07:19:42 pm by Fal »

Said the same numerous times in the past and all you get fed by the happy clappers and SM is them bashing whomever was quoted saying they were a poor manager and don’t believe everything you read.

Dickov has said it, Ferguson (both Alex and Darren) have said it, Wellens has more or less said it… McCann and Moore jumped ship at the earliest opportunity. Mcsheffery, butler, and now Schofield were all cheap options with little experience because we can’t afford anyone decent or with experience.

Knoyle now saying it, and I’m sure it’s brought up by others in the past too.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
The majority of players when they get transferred from club to club not just this club, you only notice it when it’s closer to home. It helps the players when they join new clubs win the fans over, players have done when we’ve signed them,fact

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 13, 2023, 07:31:19 pm by swain_drfc »
The majority of players when they get transferred from club to club not just this club, you only notice it when it’s closer to home. It helps the players when they join new clubs win the fans over, players have done when we’ve signed them,fact

Players make quotes when leaving but they don’t leave and basically slam their previous clubs ambition. That sort of thing only happens at DRFC.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 13, 2023, 07:35:29 pm by dickos1 »
Makes me laugh..
The people who aren’t the doom merchants are classed as happy clappers or wearing rose tinted glasses.
Maybe not everyone is desperate to find something to moan and whine about, some folk are never happy.
You can look back on this forum even when we’re successful we had plenty of folk who were desperate for something to happen so they could come on here and complain about it.
Under sod, under Moore, under Mccann we had plenty of the same people moaning then, they’ll never be happy

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 13, 2023, 07:36:16 pm by dickos1 »

Players make quotes when leaving but they don’t leave and basically slam their previous clubs ambition. That sort of thing only happens at DRFC.

Can’t say I’ve ever read a goodbye message from a player unrelated to donny to be honest

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Time to wake up people!

Have we got a peasants* revolt here another Wat Tyler ?

OFF WITH HIS HEAD I SAY    :)

*The meaning of SWAIN is rustic, peasant; specifically : shepherd.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 13, 2023, 07:41:41 pm by swain_drfc »
Makes me laugh..
The people who aren’t the doom merchants are classed as happy clappers or wearing rose tinted glasses.
Maybe not everyone is desperate to find something to moan and whine about, some folk are never happy.
You can look back on this forum even when we’re successful we had plenty of folk who were desperate for something to happen so they could come on here and complain about it.
Under sod, under Moore, under Mccann we had plenty of the same people moaning then, they’ll never be happy

Don’t have to find something moan about when it’s right there staring you in the face. His statement is  right there for us all to see.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 13, 2023, 07:43:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think we do lack a bit of ambition. I like what we do off the pitch in terms of safety and business sense it should in theory help the team. It just hasn’t worked out yet. But you can’t help feel we get out competed by clubs who just want it more.

We are essentially ran as a non profit whereas other teams are the plaything for rich benefactors who can drive the ambition and push for success with their own money. It’s hard for us to generate that type of drive.

But also we, in theory, shouldn’t drop down the league when the benefactor decides he’s had enough or runs out of cash.

Only problem with that is we have dropped down the leagues just in a managed decline type way. A bit like the state of the country generally.

Big test for this sustainability ideal is can we do more than just bottom out and survive. Can we actually get promoted and compete with clubs who aren’t restrained by sustainability.

I think we can but it’ll always be impossible to look further than L1 without someone willing to give away their cash in pursuit of it. Even then it’s hard

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 13, 2023, 08:09:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I think this forum. Not even 1% of the fanbase are the only people left now with any faith in this board. They've done a good job in terms of the business and actually made us an attractive thing to buy now and hopefully the time comes soon where the sustainable club we've become is passed on to someone who wants to put a bit in to take us forward.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 13, 2023, 08:16:36 pm by dickos1 »
Makes me laugh..

Don’t have to find something moan about when it’s right there staring you in the face. His statement is  right there for us all to see.

Well the moaning hasn’t just started today

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
Whether you're a so-called 'happy clapper' or a 'Netto brigader', there's no denying these are gloomy days indeed for all Rovers fans. After the darkness of the late 90s, we enjoyed some truly terrific times and became a model club. We set the standard for others to follow. We were arguably one of the best brands outside the top flight - passion in the boardroom, on the pitch and in the stands. We were the envy of many other clubs of our size. Yet now, we're in serious danger of falling to another low. I've always tried to be positive. Always supported the leadership. Turned up, come rain or shine - along with my mates and three sons. All of us Rovers through and through. Among our group, there are eight season ticket holders - but despite that, we haven't gone to the last three home games. Now, that's never happened before. And there are literally 100s (if not more) like us. I've stuck loyal to the board (especially TB) but I can only see things getting worse. So, no matter which side of the fence you are, you're got to be just as concerned as me.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
Makes me laugh..

I dont think that's the case. The last two and half years have provided alot to be critical about. Should we have supported the club back I'm the mid 90s through thick and thin and not criticised the regime back then under Richardson?

I'm not saying the current Board are as bad as Richardsom but we've had a catalogue of bad results and performances and the direction of travel has been awful for two years
.. there's alot that's not been right evidenced by our comfortable relegation! And our board have presided over the lot of it and shown ZERO true ambition. Its all OK.we have a Sunday Market to be proud of!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 08:28:14 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
May 2019 - scintillating football, modest budget, robbed at the death.

January 2023 - 9 points off automatic promotion in lowest professional tier, 4 clean sheets all season, best player signed by club below us.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 13, 2023, 08:32:34 pm by Petche »
I think we do lack a bit of ambition. I like what we do off the pitch in terms of safety and business sense it should in theory help the team. It just hasn’t worked out yet. But you can’t help feel we get out competed by clubs who just want it more.

We are essentially ran as a non profit whereas other teams are the plaything for rich benefactors who can drive the ambition and push for success with their own money. It’s hard for us to generate that type of drive.

But also we, in theory, shouldn’t drop down the league when the benefactor decides he’s had enough or runs out of cash.

Only problem with that is we have dropped down the leagues just in a managed decline type way. A bit like the state of the country generally.

Big test for this sustainability ideal is can we do more than just bottom out and survive. Can we actually get promoted and compete with clubs who aren’t restrained by sustainability.

I think we can but it’ll always be impossible to look further than L1 without someone willing to give away their cash in pursuit of it. Even then it’s hard

Great, sensible comments

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 13, 2023, 08:43:57 pm by redarmi66 »

Exactly this. Great Post

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 13, 2023, 08:56:56 pm by Lesonthewest »
Makes me laugh..

Oh dear, words fail me. It's there for all to see, but you still blame everyone else, so so sad.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 13, 2023, 08:59:54 pm by mushRTID »
Amazing how people are laying into fans.
I think fans here are in general quite patient.
We’ve put up with a lot of regression these past few years to get to this point.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 13, 2023, 09:02:57 pm by Lesonthewest »
Makes me laugh..

There you go again, you seem to love the word moaning, it gives you no credence at all in my opinion.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 13, 2023, 09:33:29 pm by dickos1 »
May 2019 - scintillating football, modest budget, robbed at the death.

January 2023 - 9 points off automatic promotion in lowest professional tier, 4 clean sheets all season, best player signed by club below us.

You’ve spent the best part of two years slagging of our defence saying it’s up there with the worst ever and now you’re suggesting one of the main culprits is our best player

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 13, 2023, 09:34:50 pm by dickos1 »
Makes me laugh..

There you go again, you seem to love the word moaning, it gives you no credence at all in my opinion.

It’s a good job I couldn’t care less about your opinion then

TinyPortal © 2005-2012