Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:19:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch inspection  (Read 10167 times)

The Beast

• Forum Member
Re: Pitch inspection
« Reply #30 on January 20, 2023, 03:53:00 pm by The Beast »
I reckon this is tactical by Rovers, it's not even cold!
Postponing the game so the 3 World class players we're signing next week can play when it's rearranged.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 20, 2023, 04:04:20 pm by glosterred »
I reckon this is tactical by Rovers, it's not even cold!
Postponing the game so the 3 World class players we're signing next week can play when it's rearranged.

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!

COYR

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 20, 2023, 04:22:34 pm by Upton Rover »
Looking at the cover’s on the pitch, you would think we are back in the 70s a joke

Care to explain, Upton?
the covers that I can see on the pitch will only keep off frost if it’s -1 at tops -2 so primitive that we use in 2023

Do you sell frost covers or some kind off rost covers expert?
Used to design cover’s

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 20, 2023, 04:28:15 pm by knockers »
Is that your blanket response!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 20, 2023, 04:28:23 pm by donnievic »
Well they should have had the Inspection by now , the temperature is dipping from now on , so the pitch ain't going to get any softer than it is at this moment in time.
The Tranmere team Coach must be about to set off as well you would have thought.
not if just coming tomorrow it’s only 2 hours

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 20, 2023, 04:30:18 pm by Filo »
Well they should have had the Inspection by now , the temperature is dipping from now on , so the pitch ain't going to get any softer than it is at this moment in time.
The Tranmere team Coach must be about to set off as well you would have thought.
not if just coming tomorrow it’s only 2 hours

They have to leave Birkenhead under cover of dark to avoid the coach getting trashed lol!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 20, 2023, 04:45:16 pm by glosterred »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 20, 2023, 04:49:02 pm by colincramb »
Ffs. Surely there must be a way of preventing this in the day and age we live in. It’s hardly Eastern Europe and blowing a blizzard. Ridiculous

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 20, 2023, 04:53:04 pm by Spilsby Red »
Ffs. It happens. I had tickets. Oh well.  Not the end of the world. There will be plenty more postponements but people will still slag the club and board etc off

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 20, 2023, 04:54:05 pm by roversdude »
My lawn has been shaded and is softish in Sprotbrough

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 20, 2023, 04:55:35 pm by roversdude »
Ffs. It happens. I had tickets. Oh well.  Not the end of the world. There will be plenty more postponements but people will still slag the club and board etc off

My only gripe is how easy games get called off in this era

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 20, 2023, 04:59:31 pm by ForsolongaRover »
We have a cautious manager with new players to bed in and it is not as though we have any real fixture pile-up, so if the decision was in the balance and he was asked for a view, it is unlikely that he would want to go ahead. Whether the Tranmere manager would have any say in the matter, who knows?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 20, 2023, 05:06:12 pm by glosterred »
Plenty of Tuesdays free, we’ve only 3 midweek games I think, between now and the end of the season

COYR

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 20, 2023, 05:06:53 pm by South East Rover »
Looking at the cover’s on the pitch, you would think we are back in the 70s a joke

Care to explain, Upton?
the covers that I can see on the pitch will only keep off frost if it’s -1 at tops -2 so primitive that we use in 2023

Used to design cover’s

You didn't do a very good job then did you  ;) ;) :)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 20, 2023, 05:07:43 pm by ravenrover »
Thought it was down to the official?  Reading the article there was never a chance of it being on even with the covers being on since Sunday

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 20, 2023, 05:13:43 pm by ScillyRover »
According to my weather app, it’s only down to -1 in Donny tonight. What’s it been like for the last few days? Very surprised it’s off if only going down to -1

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 20, 2023, 05:14:21 pm by roversdude »
Just noticed who ref would have been - Haynes

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 20, 2023, 05:19:46 pm by Filo »
According to my weather app, it’s only down to -1 in Donny tonight. What’s it been like for the last few days? Very surprised it’s off if only going down to -1

Theres been a hard frost every night for the last four nights, and its clear skys now temps dropping quick

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 20, 2023, 05:27:27 pm by donnievic »
Thought it was down to the official?  Reading the article there was never a chance of it being on even with the covers being on since Sunday
always down to the official but may not of been our ref doing the inspection,they could of just asked one that’s more local

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 20, 2023, 05:43:26 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The pitch inspection last week was WITH both managers which implies that their opinion would have been taken into account.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 20, 2023, 05:54:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Unlikely Tranmere had set off before pitch inspection decision.

It is only a 2 hr or maybe 2.5 hr journey so expect they would have travelled this eve if it had been on.

So don’t think Mellon will have had any say on the decision.

Really frustrating as I missed the last 2 away games ( well 1 was off ) so i am starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Yes i know that sounds unbelievable but I need my football fix.
Who is at home tomorrow. Harrogate away at Grimsby. It’s a bit far I think to watch them. Think I am snookered. All non league games will be off I suspect.

Looks like Sky sports again in the warm.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 06:20:15 pm by Campsall rover »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 20, 2023, 05:59:42 pm by glosterred »
Just reading some of the replies to the Twitter post stating the game is off. Absolutely unbelievable some of the replies, there's some right idiots spouting a lot of hot air, they should have got down to the ground, if would have been frost free in no time.

COYR

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 20, 2023, 06:22:49 pm by Lesonthewest »
Disappointing but it is what it is. Just a thought though if the covers were laid 30 hours before any frost, then surely they're not fit for purpose, or do they only work to a certain temperature.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 20, 2023, 06:32:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They'd surely have been better off today in the blazing sun?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 20, 2023, 06:41:33 pm by colincramb »

Nope, it’s not a slagging off. The loss in revenue from what a Saturday afternoon game generates compared to a random Tuesday night is a concern though. We are hardly in a position to turn it down.

That’s where the frustration comes from. But I suppose you didn’t think about that before having a dig

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 20, 2023, 06:41:59 pm by monkeytennis »
I know we’re in the bottom tier but it’s still part of a professional sports league. I can’t help but wonder why clubs seem to get caught out by UK weather. Everyone knows a cold snap has been on the way, surely more effective mitigation is available to clubs that doesn’t involve millions of pounds spent on under pitch heating.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 20, 2023, 06:44:21 pm by colincramb »
I know we’re in the bottom tier but it’s still part of a professional sports league. I can’t help but wonder why clubs seem to get caught out by UK weather. Everyone knows a cold snap has been on the way, surely more effective mitigation is available to clubs that doesn’t involve millions of pounds spent on under pitch heating.

Yes, if we ever get back to the championship a few nights of cold weather won’t really wash will it? If the covers we have can’t withstand a relatively short cold period then they ain’t fit for purpose are they?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 20, 2023, 07:23:57 pm by Upton Rover »

Care to explain, Upton?

Used to design cover’s

You didn't do a very good job then did you  ;) ;) :)
Not the crap the club use, look at “matchsaver.com

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 20, 2023, 07:26:48 pm by Upton Rover »
Disappointing but it is what it is. Just a thought though if the covers were laid 30 hours before any frost, then surely they're not fit for purpose, or do they only work to a certain temperature.
That’s what I have said, look at the images, no more than what a gardener would put around his plug plants, total joke

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 20, 2023, 07:40:03 pm by eastender »
If a bit of thought had gone into this Problem/situation when the Stadium was in the planning stage , then perhaps a transparent roof section could have been put on the South Stand roof to let the sun shine through, Lots of Stadiums have them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012