Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:13:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chairman out  (Read 3931 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Chairman out
« on January 22, 2023, 12:55:00 pm by coventryrover »
Gets dodgy managers, players from Sunday league sides  absolutely no investment, crap kits, no investment in stadium- indeed try to burn it down.

Richardson out?     

Oh, that was in the past.     Swear it feels like that now. https://twitter.com/robertmdaws/status/1616880823252258817?t=9vsPcygUOxOL-j2JxmisBw&s=08

Crap ground, no investment in youth or locals, no investment facilities, nothing put in during covid time.

A tad perspective is needed from some

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Re: Chairman out
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2023, 01:12:17 pm by Danmckay456 »
You just want to see a club going forwards in a positive manner , cost cutting is understandable in todays climate but when it effects the ability on the pitch which ultimately is you’re biggest asset then fans have a right to air their opinion. Sometimes it goes over the top but most fans expectation was to see rovers landing a playoff spot at worst , we are within touching distance and yet again we are doing it on the cheap in this window when a few able bodies or some money spent could turn into a shrewd investment , instead we sell probably our best player and looking at a striker from scunny that sums it up for me.

I dread to think what else will be cut back next year or what budget schofield will have to work with.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 22, 2023, 01:40:01 pm by selby »
  So its the player comes from that bothers you and immediately you think he is no good, and I bet you have seen him play a hundred times.
  It's a good job Brian Clough and Taylor didn't think like that with two players from Hartlepool and one from Long Eaton, two washed up injured central defenders from Liverpool and Birmingham City, and a fat Scots lad when he won the European cup.
  Never thought I would think of a so called Rovers fan as a snob, especially when we have been left behind by clubs like Accrington, Morecambe and others who sign a fair share of cast offs and non league players no one has heard of while we have nose dived  with signings from West Brom, Spurs, Manchester United and City, most of who we have either had all on to get them to play a handful of games or have been very poor.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 22, 2023, 01:43:16 pm by Danmckay456 »
I’ve seen him 99 times , nothing to do with being a snob at all Alfie may etc were decent for us and we had a better squads what didn’t need much improvement which this one cries out for !!!

Armthorpe mickler

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 22, 2023, 02:14:05 pm by Armthorpe mickler »
Even the BBCman on Football Heaven said its about time Uncle Terry put up or shut up. The man from Scunny might do us a job but a decent manager and a few quid last season and we'd still be in League One .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 22, 2023, 03:29:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Even the BBCman on Football Heaven said its about time Uncle Terry put up or shut up. The man from Scunny might do us a job but a decent manager and a few quid last season and we'd still be in League One .

If a radio reporter has said that, then he should be sacked!

Can you point me towards the article please.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2023, 03:59:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Uncle Terry who isn’t a big football fan has put in over 20 million ( so I understand ) of his own money into DRFC. Money he will never get back unless we get to the Premier league.
He didn’t have to join the board. Buy a majority share holding in the club did he. But he did.
Where would we be now if he hadn’t done above?

Just be very very careful for what you wish for. The alternative could be what Scunthorpe United are currently. Penniless and bottom of the National league.

Yes we all would wish we had another John Ryan. One worth at least 500 million who was a fanatical supporter of the club who would invest heavily without seeking any return.
But we don’t and I don’t see a queue at the door from someone genuine who would have the best interests of the club.
Do You Armthorpe mickler?

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2023, 04:24:38 pm by Danmckay456 »
We will be taken over in the next couple of years i guarantee it , then you might see a few changes what we have been crying out for and well overdue changes and at board level as well

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 22, 2023, 04:48:04 pm by IDM »
Guarantee it?

b*llocks.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 22, 2023, 04:51:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I notice he hasn't guaranteed any success, just changes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 22, 2023, 05:16:57 pm by Campsall rover »
We will be taken over in the next couple of years i guarantee it , then you might see a few changes what we have been crying out for and well overdue changes and at board level as well
Enlighten us then.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 22, 2023, 05:28:49 pm by Danmckay456 »
A perspective buyer is waiting in the wings can’t say who it is but it’s being looked at with due diligence

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 22, 2023, 05:30:37 pm by Danmckay456 »
Some of the mafia on here need to chill out a bit more, stick to burning you’re Yorkshire puds

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 22, 2023, 05:34:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
A perspective buyer is waiting in the wings can’t say who it is but it’s being looked at with due diligence

Lets hope a prospective buyer certainly has perspective. Who's doing the due diligence?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 22, 2023, 05:34:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
We don’t need a new owner. What we need is better recruitment using our existing budget and some managerial stability.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 22, 2023, 05:37:42 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I can assure you there is NO prospective buyer in the pipeline, with due diligence being conducted ….FACT.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 22, 2023, 05:39:24 pm by Filo »

Whats preventing you from naming them?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 22, 2023, 05:40:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I can assure you there is NO prospective buyer in the pipeline, with due diligence being conducted ….FACT.

It's OK, I could smell the BS from here.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 22, 2023, 05:45:58 pm by no eyed deer »

Sacked ??

He speaks the true a man who is worth 1/2 billion and no ambition.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 22, 2023, 05:53:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Sacked ??

TB should put up or shut up? What's TB said for this bloke's to say that if he's speaking the truth?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 22, 2023, 06:00:48 pm by no eyed deer »

Sacked ??

TB should put up or shut up? What's TB said for this bloke's to say that if he's speaking the truth?

An owner who doesn't  invest in his club, is a club that goes backwards

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 22, 2023, 06:12:52 pm by Danmckay456 »

If you so say - believe what you want to believe then buy me a pint when I’m right

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 22, 2023, 06:15:32 pm by wilts rover »

April Fool!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 22, 2023, 06:16:52 pm by wilts rover »

Sacked ??

£20 million that he will never get back 'not investment'?

How much should he spend to buy us out of this league btw?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 22, 2023, 06:23:37 pm by vaya »

If you so say - believe what you want to believe then buy me a pint when I’m right

Do you have a timescale for this - few weeks/couple of months?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 22, 2023, 06:25:10 pm by no eyed deer »

Sacked ??

Who is banding this 20 million  anyway, the same person  who said 4.5m a year

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 22, 2023, 06:27:19 pm by vaya »

Sacked ??

Who is banding this 20 million  anyway, the same person  who said 4.5m a year

Who's said 4.5m a year?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 22, 2023, 06:29:41 pm by Filo »

Do you have a timescale for this - few weeks/couple of months?

His first statement was next 2 years, not sure it takes two years to do due diligence on a L2 football club like

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 22, 2023, 06:37:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Sacked ??

Again, what's TB said? Or can't you answer that?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 22, 2023, 06:38:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Tell me who is doing the due diligence that you claim is happening and I might believe you. If you can't answer I'll know what to believe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012