Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 12:13:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What happened to that...  (Read 1283 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
What happened to that...
« on January 31, 2023, 11:00:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
...Brexit Benefits list?

They've spotted one in the wild.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexTaylorNews/status/1620343142364106752

Well done lads.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: What happened to that...
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2023, 11:06:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, the IMF says we'll be the only G7 nation to see their economy shrink this year.

So. Swings and lawnmowers, eh?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:10:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2023, 11:19:43 am by SydneyRover »
And well known flat earther sunak ..................

''Sunak marks Brexit anniversary by claiming benefits will ‘continue to empower communities’ – UK politics live''

the guardian

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2023, 12:34:34 pm by wilts rover »
At least we have exerted our new Brexit freedoms to shrink the economy.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2023, 07:40:32 pm by danumdon »
Meanwhile, the IMF says we'll be the only G7 nation to see their economy shrink this year.

So. Swings and lawnmowers, eh?

Would you bet your house on the IMF figures being in any way, shape or form somewhere near the actual figures, not just for this country(which it seems to have a habit of doing) but for most of the developed world?

The amount of times this organisation reviews its data flows from positive to negative and vice versa is predictable.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2023, 08:59:21 pm by wilts rover »
3 Prime Ministers and 4 Chancellors in the past year. Falling real wages, uncontrolled energy prices, falling business investment, highest number of insolvancies & bankruptcies since finacial crash, highest tax rate since WW2 and highest ever peace time national debt - why do you believe the IMF are wrong this time danumdon?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2023, 09:13:28 pm by danumdon »
Its not news to anyone that the IMF have political issues with the UK and will always forecast it in a bad light , only to revise their figures every quarter.

Some would say that after all the items you have listed going in the wrong direction for us the figures should be far worse. To forecast growth of around 1% for some leading economies is also bad.

Will be interesting to see the next quarters data for all concerned, im envisaging some revisions for all.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2023, 09:23:41 pm by SydneyRover »
the UK is a member country of the IMF

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2023, 10:17:07 pm by wilts rover »
Its not news to anyone that the IMF have political issues with the UK and will always forecast it in a bad light , only to revise their figures every quarter.

Some would say that after all the items you have listed going in the wrong direction for us the figures should be far worse. To forecast growth of around 1% for some leading economies is also bad.

Will be interesting to see the next quarters data for all concerned, im envisaging some revisions for all.

Why, what decisions is this government making for you to think the figure for the UK will be revised upwards?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2023, 10:28:53 pm by danumdon »

Why, what decisions is this government making for you to think the figure for the UK will be revised upwards?

Quote from the FT. according to the IMF themselves.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2023, 10:41:27 pm by SydneyRover »
The proof of which will be in the next forecast I guess

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2023, 10:50:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Let me get this right, because I know you pride yourself on balance.

Are you saying the IMF goes out of its way to give negative predictions for the UK?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2023, 10:52:01 pm by danumdon »
That says that the data the IMF based its prediction on was from before Truss tanked the economy - meaning that the prediction is better than it would have been now.

Your wrong, the Jan prediction has taken the Truss disaster into consideration, that's why they revised their prediction from their Oct data.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2023, 10:54:53 pm by danumdon »

Are you saying the IMF goes out of its way to give negative predictions for the UK?

NO you got it wrong, that's not what i said, do you need to read it again.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2023, 11:58:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

NO you got it wrong, that's not what i said, do you need to read it again.

Sorry. I must have misunderstood this bit: "Its not news to anyone that the IMF have political issues with the UK and will always forecast it in a bad light."

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 01, 2023, 07:33:02 am by wilts rover »

Quote from the FT. according to the IMF themselves.

Is this the IMF who 'have political issues with the UK and will see it in a bad light' - or a different one?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 01, 2023, 08:26:51 am by ncRover »
I am confused about the IMF. Obviously it had nothing but bad things to say about Truss and Kwarteng’s proposed tax cuts but then say this:

“The IMF said the downgrade reflected higher taxes and interest rates, a government spending squeeze and “financial conditions and still-high energy retail prices” that will “weigh on household budgets”.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/01/31/hunts-tax-raid-means-uk-will-major-economy-shrink-year-says/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 01, 2023, 10:11:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I am confused about the IMF. Obviously it had nothing but bad things to say about Truss and Kwarteng’s proposed tax cuts but then say this:

“The IMF said the downgrade reflected higher taxes and interest rates, a government spending squeeze and “financial conditions and still-high energy retail prices” that will “weigh on household budgets”.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/01/31/hunts-tax-raid-means-uk-will-major-economy-shrink-year-says/

They update their projections as more data comes in.

In our case, the consequences of the Truss/Kwarteng clusterf**k are still working through the economy, not least in higher than expected interest rates which depress economic activity.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 01, 2023, 10:27:24 am by ncRover »
...Brexit Benefits list?

Well done lads.

And Lincolnshire goes wild!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 01, 2023, 12:28:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

They update their projections as more data comes in.

In our case, the consequences of the Truss/Kwarteng clusterf**k are still working through the economy, not least in higher than expected interest rates which depress economic activity.
They update it a bit like the weather forecast.

What motives does the IMF have? Where are they coming from, what is their aim, and if anyone really knows, who pulls their strings?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 01, 2023, 12:53:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And another thread spirals down BRR's plughole.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 01, 2023, 07:34:37 pm by danumdon »
And another thread spirals down BRR's plughole.

But in this case BRR is right, Instead of concentrating on economic data they have often decided to give us their opinion on political matters.

So tell me BST, is this a political construct posing as an international money fund or an International money fund playing political games and trying to insert influence where its not wanted or required?

Can you tell what other international organisation was fronted by a known convicted criminal?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 01, 2023, 08:17:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm really lost now DD.

Are you saying they deliberately cook the books to put Britain in a bad light or aren't you?

Only, we seem to have gone from a straightforward economic prediction to the Illuminati in a couple of bounds, and I'm a bit too tired to keep up.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 01, 2023, 08:44:02 pm by danumdon »
Do keep up fella,

You've introduced the "Are you saying they deliberately cook the books to put Britain in a bad light or aren't you?" to try to make some sort of a point? nobody else mentioned this but you.

So in your opinion the IMF don't make political judgments and statements, fair enough, i don't agree with you.

I asked you to tell me "if you knew of any other international organisation that was fronted by a known convicted criminal?" i take it from your none answer that means no, fair enough because that's the point i was making

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 01, 2023, 09:15:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As moving goalposts go, this takes the biscuit.

I'm too tired for this. Have fun.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 01, 2023, 11:00:45 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
...Brexit Benefits list?

Well done lads.

Sorry i don't read twitter posts but perhaps it should be retitled "the one that got away" and the civil servants didn't sabotage

We used to have hunt saboteurs as we all know now we have the "Britex Civil Servant Saboteurs "

Beware the BCSS

TinyPortal © 2005-2012