Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:54:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Schofield needs to go  (Read 9036 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
Schofield needs to go
« on February 04, 2023, 09:55:47 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
Whilst there are critics of the Board, we also have a manger who is unable to get the maximum from this squad. We have looked really poor recently and particularly over the last two games. An experienced manager would get a better return.

Continuing to play with 3 centre backs cause a huge imbalance in midfield.  Subs today looked confused with instructions from all 3 coaches in the technical area. DS looks lost.

Although we will stay up this year, it is clear we will be in a dog fight for relegation next year if we stick with DS.   

Danny Schofield needs to go.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Schofield needs to go
« Reply #1 on February 04, 2023, 10:18:52 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We need some stability in manager now so I’d stick with him. Or at least unless we have a exceptional replacement in mind but we won’t be attractive to any proven manager.

Obviously as HoF I’d expect Copps to have back ups and monitor availability but DS was his man. To sack someone you hired after only a few months makes your decision making look bad

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 04, 2023, 10:32:10 pm by normal rules »
To replace him with who?

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 04, 2023, 11:12:41 pm by 5 on Tour »
Any manager that be an improvement over DS right now will be one of two things. 1) Too expensive 2) Smart enough to avoid our dumpster fire of a situation

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 04, 2023, 11:15:14 pm by MachoMadness »
It's not his squad. He's lumbered with dead wood built up over 3 years of inept leadership. He deserves a summer at least.

And frankly, who's going to want to come and manage us at the moment? We're not an attractive proposition at all. Heading backwards rapidly, constant churn of players and staff, fanbase at each others throats... It's not pretty at the minute. Unless things turn disastrous and we're in danger of going down we might as well stick with Schofield.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 04, 2023, 11:29:29 pm by Dare to dream! »
It’s hard to judge a manager now coming in mid season.

But there is no doubt, he should be doing better than this. We have gone backwards under his management.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 04, 2023, 11:53:10 pm by Donnyjim »
Wellens, Moore doing well. We could bring Pep Guardiola in and he wouldn’t keep us a float. Sadly we are sinking. ‘She’s made of iron sir, I assure you can and she will, it’s a mathematical certainty’. The club has not been this low since the 90’s.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 05, 2023, 12:03:10 am by Canadian Rover »
Schofield needs to learn to ditch his 5 at the back system and stop playing RSW as a centre half. It's that simple. RSW doesn't win a ball in the air... He's a useless CB he also switches off and truthfully I think he gives not a single shit about the team, fans or club. He is a decent last ditch tackler/blocker.

Recall Faulkner ASAP and have him in a 4 alongside Anderson, Olowu or Nelson (although I admit a risk playing two young lads alongside eachother) but they are better than RSW plain and f*cling simple.

We can all see how the system doesn't work (with these players). If he wants that system let's recruit for it properly (although letting a ready made wing back in Knoyle go was an horrendous mistake)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 05, 2023, 12:20:00 am by eastender »
Schofield needs to learn to ditch his 5 at the back system and stop playing RSW as a centre half. It's that simple. RSW doesn't win a ball in the air... He's a useless CB he also switches off and truthfully I think he gives not a single shit about the team, fans or club. He is a decent last ditch tackler/blocker.

Recall Faulkner ASAP and have him in a 4 alongside Anderson, Olowu or Nelson (although I admit a risk playing two young lads alongside eachother) but they are better than RSW plain and f*cling simple.

We can all see how the system doesn't work (with these players). If he wants that system l.et's recruit for it properly (although letting a ready made wing back in Knoyle go was an horrendous mistake)
Knoyle wanted out, so not a mistake by the club because there was nothing they could do about it.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 05, 2023, 01:43:20 am by Canadian Rover »

We can all see how the system doesn't work (with these players). If he wants that system l.et's recruit for it properly (although letting a ready made wing back in Knoyle go was an horrendous mistake)
Knoyle wanted out, so not a mistake by the club because there was nothing they could do about it.

As mentioned previously; a contract offer too late is too late.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 05, 2023, 01:47:13 am by mrfrostsdad »
Let's be really honest, he should never have got the job in the first place. Neither should Buttler, neither should McSheffrey before him.
We need an experienced manager at this level. Someone who could kick this shower of shit that are currently playing for us into some sort of shape.
I won't say he should be sacked, or he was the cheap option, because I have no idea who else applied for the job. All I know is he shouldn't have been here in the first place.
If it turns out I'm wrong, I've got a great big humble pie cooking in the oven

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 05, 2023, 08:11:42 am by Pside »
Let’s all be honest he should have never got the job in the first place. He was a shambles at Huddersfield and he’s proving that here. He had 9 more games experience than GMS. It is what it is though, the problems are deeper than schofield. I’d give him to the end of the season and go from there. If performances continue I don’t see how they can keep him on.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 05, 2023, 09:08:36 am by sedwardsdrfc »
He had a lot more coaching experience than McSheffery. We should of got an experienced manager in the summer instead of been soft on McSheffery and giving him a summer to put us in the same situation.

Want us to keep with DS but he needs to be told that results have to pick up if he wants the summer. We saw with GMc that a manager who there is significant doubt about just breeds more instability.

If we have poor form till the end of the season and finish a few places above the drop I’d worry about next season. Copps in his job needs to have contingencies in place and get the big decisions right.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 05, 2023, 09:23:52 am by Filo »
He had a lot more coaching experience than McSheffery. We should of got an experienced manager in the summer instead of been soft on McSheffery and giving him a summer to put us in the same situation.

Want us to keep with DS but he needs to be told that results have to pick up if he wants the summer. We saw with GMc that a manager who there is significant doubt about just breeds more instability.

If we have poor form till the end of the season and finish a few places above the drop I’d worry about next season. Copps in his job needs to have contingencies in place and get the big decisions right.

Don’t forget DS is Copps man, could we trust any contingencies?

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 05, 2023, 09:31:56 am by Thorney »
I think think needs to stay.
We have got to stop changing managers every 6 months. That will never help the team. This will turn out to be a shit season but let's judge him after a summer where he can re jig his squad.
Not 1 January window where no good dealings happen.

At 1 point areteta  (inexperienced  at the time) had arsenal down the wrong end of the table with fans screaming for him to be sacked. Look where they are now.
Yes Ds might not be areteta and we arnt arsenal and have their millions. But its just a point if keeping faith

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 05, 2023, 09:36:24 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s not been a great start and in pure statistical terms Schofield has been less successful than McSheffrey. We can’t though go through cycles of sacking managers every few months. He needs a year at least to have a few windows and shape the squad as he sees fit, then we can judge.

On paper he has better credentials than say Butler or McSheffrey and with expectations so low and this season now written off by most people he has a window of time to stabilise and then build.

While some of our managerial appointments in recent years have been highly questionable, the biggest failing has been just rank bad recruitment. The very worst arguably of any club at our level. If we can make just a half decent fist of this in the summer, we should be competitive next season.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 05, 2023, 11:01:17 am by grayx »
To replace him with who?

Id love Grant McCann back.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 05, 2023, 11:11:41 am by murham »
Everyone s too nice……
Pitty Patty football without old fashioned aggression isn’t working
Put the iPads down and stand on someone’s foot
It’s football not a video game, just get in their faces and go for it
We need a Casemiro, a Billy Bremner…….we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get stuck in

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 05, 2023, 11:22:45 am by i_ateallthepies »
My concern with keeping him is that we can all see some glaring inadequacies in his abilities as a coach.  How many times has he had chance to work on the defensive frailties and yet each subsequent game we're as bad or worse; continuing with personnel and systems that clearly don't work; giving no indication that he knows how to get the team firing.

Given that we are 13 points above the relegation places it is pretty hard to see how we could be relegated this season even though our results and performances are bad enough, but keep DS next season and see how we go? 
The club finds it hard enough to recruit a decent experienced manager as it is so how can we risk needing to change manager half way through next season if we find ourselves at risk of relegation?  For me that is a risk we should not be considering.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 05, 2023, 11:29:18 am by steve@dcfd »
Everyone s too nice……
Pitty Patty football without old fashioned aggression isn’t working
Put the iPads down and stand on someone’s foot
It’s football not a video game, just get in their faces and go for it
We need a Casemiro, a Billy Bremner…….we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get stuck in
Look at McSheffrey, Schofield and Copps playing careers all technically good footballers and that what they’ve tried to do with funds they’ve had. We haven’t got strong and aggressive players we’ve got players who want to play nice football but we don’t have an end product

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 05, 2023, 11:34:33 am by Copps is Magic »
He's had the best part of 3 months and the worst side of no money. Give him time for FFS.

Is this the kind o club we've become?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 05, 2023, 11:41:58 am by Barmby Rover »
CiM is right, the "blame the manager" syndrome is pathetic, blame the right people, the ones who hold the purse strings making us get in sub-standard players.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 05, 2023, 11:44:42 am by sedwardsdrfc »
We have changed manager a few times recently and it doesn’t seem to make us any better

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 05, 2023, 11:51:30 am by Bentley Bullet »
My car's been performing shite for the last few years. I've tried putting different fuel in, Shell, Esso, Texaco, and even Morrisons but it never seems to make any difference.

I think I might try Tesco next.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 05, 2023, 12:02:52 pm by Upton Rover »
We have changed manager a few times recently and it doesn’t seem to make us any better
Because we have changed for inexperienced rubbish

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 05, 2023, 12:04:12 pm by ForsolongaRover »
If only he would let us know what he is doing to turn things round there would be some understanding of his objectives by his "audience". Why can't he be more open and talk in more detail? As things stand, it is near impossible to judge whether he has a grip. 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 05, 2023, 12:33:57 pm by The Red Baron »
Records of #DRFC managers from 1/3/2021. (W-D-L-win%). League only.

Butler 4-3-11-22.2%
Wellens 3-4-12-15.8%
McSheffrey 13-7-21-31.7%
Schofield 5-1-8-38.4%

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 05, 2023, 01:47:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Records of #DRFC managers from 1/3/2021. (W-D-L-win%). League only.

Butler 4-3-11-22.2%
Wellens 3-4-12-15.8%
McSheffrey 13-7-21-31.7%
Schofield 5-1-8-38.4%

1 point from a possible 15 before that date too under DM.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 05, 2023, 02:02:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
His in game management has been quite poor since he joined. Often actually making us worse when he changes things. Even against Carlisle we nearly managed to throw the game away.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 05, 2023, 02:27:17 pm by normal rules »
Look at Liverpool. All the success they’ve had.slightly off season and they want klopp gone.
Fickle bunch.
As are a lot of footy supporters

TinyPortal © 2005-2012