Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:57:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Liam Ravenhill and Bobby Faulkner on loan at Spennymoor  (Read 6463 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Liam Ravenhill and Bobby Faulkner on loan at Spennymoor
« on February 15, 2023, 11:03:40 am by selby »
  Liam at last got over his illness and played well, getting 70 odd minutes under his belt in a 2-0 win in their local county cup competition.
  Faulkner had another good game at the heart of the defence and played the full game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Liam Ravenhill and Bobby Faulkner on loan at Spennymoor
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2023, 04:48:01 pm by Jimmydee »
I would have liked Faulkner taking injured Tom Anderson’s place last night, couldn’t we call him back for that reason?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2023, 05:29:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I would have liked Faulkner taking injured Tom Anderson’s place last night, couldn’t we call him back for that reason?

Not in the first 28 days of a loan.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2023, 05:48:57 pm by ravenrover »
Instead of which other CB from last night?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2023, 10:01:18 pm by selby »
  Raven, we could have and probably should have been two down early doors, that's how it goes when a team wins, what they get away with is brushed over, to answer the question Rowe he is much more productive to the team further up the field, and has been taken to pieces when we have had games when we have been under pressure in past games playing in the back line.
  He is at best a make shift central defender, might have a decent game but just as likely to have a bad game.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2023, 10:23:00 pm by scawsby steve »
  Raven, we could have and probably should have been two down early doors, that's how it goes when a team wins, what they get away with is brushed over, to answer the question Rowe he is much more productive to the team further up the field, and has been taken to pieces when we have had games when we have been under pressure in past games playing in the back line.
  He is at best a make shift central defender, might have a decent game but just as likely to have a bad game.

Two down early doors? I can't remember Barrow being in the game at all in the first half.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2023, 08:27:30 am by drfchound »

Two down early doors? I can't remember Barrow being in the game at all in the first half.

It was 33 minutes before Mitchell touched the ball with his hands.
Up to that point he only had to deal with a couple of back passes and take a goal kick.
Are you thinking of the two chances that Hartlepool might have taken Brian.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2023, 09:48:45 am by ravenrover »
Sorry Selby you're slipping back into you Liam mode with Faulkener.
The whole back 5 had a very good game overall against Barrow, Rowe with his experience was the pefect replacement for Anderson to keep an eye on Nelson and Olowu and keep them under control

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2023, 10:37:48 am by drfchound »
Going off the Faulkner theme for a minute, Olowu was excellent throughout the game.
Rowe showed his experience and offered help to Olowu and Nelson with his constant organising.
I watched Nelson closely in the first half and thought he moved around the pitch like a fine tuned athlete and slotted in well.
However, Olowu and Nelson did give the ball away with poor passing sometimes when not really under severe pressure and it hasn’t really been mentioned much.
If RSW had done the same thing, had he played, then his usual detractors would have been banging on about it even now, three days after the game.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2023, 11:14:17 am by Canadian Rover »
I'll bite. That's what you want.

RSW has been complete and utter shite since he signed for us. Plays too deep, can't compete in the air, passing is woeful and he's full of mistakes and a major part of why our team was relegated.  That good enough? I hope he's released at the end of his contract; simply a very poor centre half.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2023, 01:02:39 pm by 5minstogo »

RSW has been complete and utter shite since he signed for us. Plays too deep, can't compete in the air, passing is woeful and he's full of mistakes and a major part of why our team was relegated.  That good enough? I hope he's released at the end of his contract; simply a very poor centre half.

He tries hard and he's a good lad though.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 16, 2023, 01:40:06 pm by selby »
  The ball was put across our goal from wide from wide positions a couple of times in the first half twice when nelson tried to play the ball forward and found the central midfielder of Barrow who played it wide they put dangerous balls into the box with nobody getting on the end of them in front of goal.
  If that's right about Mitchel we are lucky his first two touches with his hands were not picking the ball up out of the onion bag if the ball into the box had run kindly for Barrow.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 16, 2023, 01:58:56 pm by drfchound »

CR, I wasn’t looking for a bite at all.
I was just stating what I thought would have happened had Williams made those poor passes.
Irrespective of how people perceive his ability, other players appear to not get the abuse.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 16, 2023, 03:22:32 pm by anton123 »

I was just stating what I thought would have happened had Williams made those poor passes.
Irrespective of how people perceive his ability, other players appear to not get the abuse.
I guess you could argue that RSW has had more game time to prove he is good enough where as nelson has not so can’t jump on him yet for a bad pass ect

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 16, 2023, 04:42:42 pm by drfchound »

I guess you could argue that RSW has had more game time to prove he is good enough where as nelson has not so can’t jump on him yet for a bad pass ect

True enough, but as time goes by I don’t think he will get the same level of derision.
A bit like our goalie, once people make up their mind that they don’t like a player they rarely change their mind.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 16, 2023, 05:21:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

He tries hard and he's a good lad though.

I mean I could bring that to the table

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 16, 2023, 06:36:45 pm by scawsby steve »
  The ball was put across our goal from wide from wide positions a couple of times in the first half twice when nelson tried to play the ball forward and found the central midfielder of Barrow who played it wide they put dangerous balls into the box with nobody getting on the end of them in front of goal.
  If that's right about Mitchel we are lucky his first two touches with his hands were not picking the ball up out of the onion bag if the ball into the box had run kindly for Barrow.

If, if, if. Good God, Brian, you've been watching football long enough to know that there are millions of ifs in football games all over the country every weekend; especially in League 2 which can be like a lottery at times.

I just don't think you're giving our defence any credit for the 3 clean sheets they've just kept.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 16, 2023, 06:42:11 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

I do agree with what ur saying and RSW is used as a scapegoat by many, but u can forgive the odd mistake, especially when ur a young lad. Rowe made a bad pass early on against Tranmere and it resulted in their player shooting from the edge of the area and Mitchell tipped it around the post, I didn’t see anyone mention that on here or Twitter but RSW made a couple of bad passes in the first half and was mentioned by everyone lol.

Even last season Olowu did make a few mistakes but his pace made up for it and he won the ball back, he’s still only a young lad so will make the odd error.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2023, 04:42:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Bobby sent off, more learning for him at least.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2023, 09:41:18 am by Filo »
Not sure it was a red to be honest

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2023, 10:11:30 am by Campsall rover »
Not sure it was a red to be honest
Very harsh.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 20, 2023, 10:27:24 am by i_ateallthepies »
Lunging in like that on a player travelling at that speed it is perfectly reasonable to say is dangerous play.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 20, 2023, 10:56:45 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Very harsh imo, it wasn’t over the top of the ball or 2 footed. Think the ref has been swayed by the reaction of the Scarborough players and with the the speed Faulkner was going at. We see similar types of tackles to that all the time tho when stopping a counter attack and it’s just a yellow card, hopefully it doesn’t affect him going into tackles in the future.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 20, 2023, 11:31:29 am by The Beast »

Was a fraction late.... 75 minute

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2023/02/19/highlights-moors-2-scarborough-athletic-2/

A bit harsh I thought, wild though, a bit of a Sunday league tackle, you'd never see Russ Wilcox doing that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 20, 2023, 12:06:48 pm by selby »
  He was having a great game and effecting the game defensively and from set pieces. I think Scarborough intentionally had a go at him, one player having him in a head lock shortly before the sending off that went unpunished.
  Spennymoor are appealing the decision and the Scarborough manager agreed after the game it was harsh in fairness to him.
   He loves it up there, the manager and team mates are great, the manager has  nothing but praise for him, and some big clubs are taking notice. Frickley, Worksop and Spennymoor fans have all taken to him in short time and its all been positive playing wise, he is a proper defender, not many about in this neck of the woods.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 20, 2023, 01:42:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
  He was having a great game and effecting the game defensively and from set pieces. I think Scarborough intentionally had a go at him, one player having him in a head lock shortly before the sending off that went unpunished.
  Spennymoor are appealing the decision and the Scarborough manager agreed after the game it was harsh in fairness to him.
   He loves it up there, the manager and team mates are great, the manager has  nothing but praise for him, and some big clubs are taking notice. Frickley, Worksop and Spennymoor fans have all taken to him in short time and its all been positive playing wise, he is a proper defender, not many about in this neck of the woods.

Exactly why a loan is good for him isn't it?  He'll learn from all of those things including the red card.  It's definitely a 50-50 one for me, the learning probably is that you'd be on the wrong side of those decisions quite often, was it one he needed to make?  Perhaps not and something a good coach will help him with.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 20, 2023, 06:58:49 pm by drfchound »

Was a fraction late.... 75 minute

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2023/02/19/highlights-moors-2-scarborough-athletic-2/

A bit harsh I thought, wild though, a bit of a Sunday league tackle, you'd never see Russ Wilcox doing that.

Not these days anyway, he is nearly 60.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 07:17:05 pm by drfchound »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 21, 2023, 07:07:30 pm by GazLaz »

Exactly why a loan is good for him isn't it?  He'll learn from all of those things including the red card.  It's definitely a 50-50 one for me, the learning probably is that you'd be on the wrong side of those decisions quite often, was it one he needed to make?  Perhaps not and something a good coach will help him with.

Exactly that. Let him make is mistakes further down the pyramid for 5 months. Back for pre season and in the first team fold next season maybe.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 22, 2023, 01:53:06 am by Bailey Vickerage »

Exactly that. Let him make is mistakes further down the pyramid for 5 months. Back for pre season and in the first team fold next season maybe.
completely agree, said it several times. Look at other young lads we’ve had recently (Jones, Horton, Hasani etc) 1 or 2 mistakes/bad games and they’re deemed not good enough. Let him get experience at a level where there’s less pressure and then work his way up the pyramid, he will probs be in our team next season but all it takes is a couple of bad performances and fans slag him off, it’s not only young lads either, look at Anderson and Miller, Anderson been great for us in league 1 then got injured and since then he’s not got back to that level but hasn’t been as bad as ppl say. Miller hasn’t scored for a while but still contributes a lot to the team but again is being criticised way too much imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012