Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:24:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Liam Ravenhill and Bobby Faulkner on loan at Spennymoor  (Read 6465 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Liam Ravenhill and Bobby Faulkner on loan at Spennymoor
« Reply #30 on February 25, 2023, 12:37:03 pm by selby »
  BV, great inciteful post that, and very true, Bobby has a three match ban but because of their match schedule is only over the next week the games being Saturday Tuesday Saturday and Spennymoor want to extend the loan as far as I know, they and other teams think a lot of him up there and its a great shop window.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 25, 2023, 06:15:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
Ravenhill came off the bench today and got booked. Spennymoor went down 2-0 away to Gloucester City in front of 672 people.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2023, 10:29:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
As soon as they can bring him back, I would start Faulkner at centre half. Give him the opportunity to make the position his.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2023, 11:56:56 am by The Red Baron »
As soon as they can bring him back, I would start Faulkner at centre half. Give him the opportunity to make the position his.

I agree. We should get him tied up to a long contract and get him back alongside Olowu and Anderson. The play-offs have gone now (we're not good enough this season) and we're not going to go down with 46 points. Also get Jack Goodman involved in the first team (he scores for fun in the 18s) and give Todd Miller some proper game time.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 26, 2023, 12:31:07 pm by ravenrover »
What makes you think Todd Miller is worth game time?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 26, 2023, 12:32:45 pm by NickDRFC »

If he’s not, why did we sign him?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 26, 2023, 12:36:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
You might have noted, but not every player we sign is much good. Hate to break it to you.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2023, 01:25:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Kuleya bagged a brace yesterday.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2023, 05:00:52 pm by ravenrover »

If he’s not, why did we sign him?
Indeed, have you seen his cameos mmmm!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 26, 2023, 09:26:29 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Can we recall our loaned out players? Thinking if in a few more games the playoffs is gone is it worth giving the likes of Faulkner some starts? Might save us signing new centre half’s in summer.

Also agree on Goodman getting at least a run from the bench if our seasons gone. Every match report in U18s has him been a threat or scoring so let’s reward it. Rather see that than the likes of Barlow and Seaman on the bench

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 01, 2023, 10:34:54 am by Canadian Rover »
Reminder that Gary Mcsheffrey said that Bobby played for Doncaster Rovers for 8/9 months without earning a penny prior to him getting his contract.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 01, 2023, 03:43:40 pm by selby »
  Yes he did CR, and was the stand out player, Richie Wellens and Gary McSheffrey rated him highly and Richie stepped in to ward a number of clubs but especially Middlesbrough who were aware of him being non contract stepping in after the youth cup game, and when Man Utd first took notice.
  he is being followed while at Spennymoor also by much the same clubs and has played very well there.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Ravenhill unused sub today in Spennymoor Town 2-1 home victory against Chorley FC, in front of crowd of 1232 (17 from Chorley FC).

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 04, 2023, 06:56:38 pm by The Beast »
Ravenhill unused sub today in Spennymoor Town 2-1 home victory against Chorley FC, in front of crowd of 1232 (17 from Chorley FC).
Ravenhill unused sub for Spennymoor, a sad reflection of how good a league 1 squad we had last season when he was starting for us.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 04, 2023, 09:47:47 pm by drfchound »
Ravenhill unused sub for Spennymoor, a sad reflection of how good a league 1 squad we had last season when he was starting for us.

I have heard this evening that Ravenhill is being sent back to Rovers.
If I’m not mistaken he won’t be able to go out on loan again as he has played for three clubs already this season.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 04, 2023, 10:15:51 pm by Plumbster »
I always thought of loans as an opportunity to make a career but I guess they can also break careers. I do think Liam has something about him and hope he can start making an impact.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 04, 2023, 10:37:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
So they're sending him back? Seems like he isn't wanted unless at a level much lower than ours sadly

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 05, 2023, 06:24:30 am by ncRover »

That team would struggle to stay up in league 2 this season.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 11, 2023, 03:19:58 pm by ForsolongaRover »
On his recent press conference, when asked about Spennymore ending Ravenhill's loan after not getting much time in their side, Schofield said Ravenhill had been sent back "for whatever reason". It disturbs me that he had not discovered precisely what Spennymore thought of him. If he sends young players out on loan it is surely his role to monitor their progress. It makes you wonder whether he checks up regularly on Faulkner's progress either. For a man who obviously considers himself a coaching professional it seems rather concerning. With 2 players there you would expect him to be in close touch with all the club.

I see he is back on our bench despite not managing to get into a tier 6 side.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 11, 2023, 05:37:40 pm by dickos1 »
That’s just nonsense, if spennymoor sent him back because they didn’t rate him, then you think our manager should come out publically and say that. ?
Absolute nonsense

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 11, 2023, 06:05:14 pm by ForsolongaRover »
How do you know what Schofield thinks? He volunteered the "for whatever reason" phrase - he was not asked. Perhaps you would refer me to anything he has said about monitoring progress to support what you say.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 20, 2023, 11:28:08 am by Silkscarf »
Do we know yet what Spennymoor thought of Ravenhill?

Can we get Faulkner back now?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 20, 2023, 12:05:14 pm by pib »
Thought LR did some good things on Saturday. He's obviously still very raw and probably isn't ready for the level yet, so did make some mistakes, but I thought he played a few decent passes, a couple of which put Miller through on goal. It was slim pickings in terms of positives at the weekend but that was one of them. He might get his chance in the starting XI given the injury situation.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 20, 2023, 12:37:05 pm by selby »
 For much of his loan at Spennymoor Liam unfortunately was ill, and it coincided with Spennymoor having a good run of results so found it difficult to secure a place when back fit in an area of the team where the competition for starts is strong and they have some good players who themselves were back to full fitness.
  Bobby went to cover an area of the team that had injury problems so got starts straight away, fitted in well, liked the manager and team mates and the atmosphere around the club and played very very well for them up to getting sent off and suspended in a game he was having a blinder in v Scarborough.
  He returned to action at Kings Lynn and played once again very well even though they lost 3-0 and nowhere a reflection of the game really or his own game being once again one of Spennymoor's stand out players.
  It is sink or swim at that level, probably harder physically and with more different playing styles than Division 2, and in some cases better players.
  Both players at least helped Spennymoor get to the Durham County Cup Final which will be played at the Stadium of Light beating Dunstan in the semi final, its been a good experience for both.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 20, 2023, 01:51:34 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Thought LR did some good things on Saturday. He's obviously still very raw and probably isn't ready for the level yet, so did make some mistakes, but I thought he played a few decent passes, a couple of which put Miller through on goal. It was slim pickings in terms of positives at the weekend but that was one of them. He might get his chance in the starting XI given the injury situation.
I agree, thought he was one of the positives about Saturday, 3 or 4 times where he played a pass to put us in a good area to create a chance. With biggins looking like he’s out tomorrow and our season basically over, I’d be giving him a start and Goodman would be on the bench aswell.

I didn’t agree with the chants towards schofield on Saturday and think although he is quite stubborn I think he’s always had one eye on next season so sticking with the way of playing ready for next season where he can get rid of the players who can’t play the way he wants to and bring in others who can. He needs to be given the summer and a few months into next season to show what he can do with his own players (he’s only had a January window and it’s still McSheffreys squad). 

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 20, 2023, 04:01:19 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Faulkner been recalled

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 20, 2023, 04:29:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Hope it’s to start. I’d rather he stay away on loan and play every minute than comeback to be on the bench.

As it is the season is gone we might as well play the likes of Bobby over Nelson as a loanee is for this season only.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 20, 2023, 04:53:03 pm by Thorney »
Hope it’s to start. I’d rather he stay away on loan and play every minute than comeback to be on the bench.

As it is the season is gone we might as well play the likes of Bobby over Nelson as a loanee is for this season only.

I'd like to see Nelson and Faulkener play together and stop playing Tommy back there and move him up the field

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 20, 2023, 06:31:53 pm by scawsby steve »

I'd like to see Nelson and Faulkener play together and stop playing Tommy back there and move him up the field

Unless I'm wrong, Nelson misses the next 2 games due to international duty.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012