Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 10:56:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Investment  (Read 8536 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Investment
« Reply #60 on March 03, 2023, 04:18:15 pm by Upton Rover »
I’ve just checked my on line bank statement and I paid Doncaster Rovers a three figure sum of money on the 22nd of February 2022, not exactly June
£1:99

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 03, 2023, 04:34:24 pm by Filo »
Was I hearing things tonight on Radio Sheffield when they said there was interested PARTIES and they half expected something to have been done in January.

It's just a rumour, nothing in it at all.

With respect, why would you know ?

With respect, after only being on forum a fortnight maybe you aren't the club expert just yet
Maybe I'm just wary of someone who just joined and questioned why SM would know about investment but then know enough to refer to  Martin by name a touch further down the thread

My thinking as well

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 03, 2023, 04:36:12 pm by ravenrover »
Hence my query as to which "supermarket" he shopped at

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 03, 2023, 04:47:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
He's accused someone else of being sarcastic, so he couldn't possibly be one of that mob!  :whistle:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 03, 2023, 04:57:44 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve just checked my on line bank statement and I paid Doncaster Rovers a three figure sum of money on the 22nd of February 2022, not exactly June
£1:99

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 03, 2023, 05:31:28 pm by Campsall rover »
Eco power group has had 2 bids rejected to join the board and invest but not to fully buy the club
And you know that for a fact do you?  Just asking.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 03, 2023, 07:48:51 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Eco power group has had 2 bids rejected to join the board and invest but not to fully buy the club

This hasn’t happened, for reasons posted above the VSC would have been informed, they haven’t!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 03, 2023, 07:50:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Eco-Power do not have the money that can transform us. You only have to look at their accounts to see that. Wealthy, but probably much less than Terry alone. Given the club is sustainable to a large extent, them as new owners might bring in new energy or new ideas, but the only way they would bring in significant new funds to transform our situation is going to be through debt, which would I suspect be secured against the club, not them. Good that local businesspeople want to come on board but people need to think through the implications of arguably enthusiastic and well-meaning but thinly resourced new owners, might do to a club that is sustainable if boring.   

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 03, 2023, 11:28:00 pm by EasyforDennis »
Eco-Power do not have the money that can transform us. You only have to look at their accounts to see that. Wealthy, but probably much less than Terry alone. Given the club is sustainable to a large extent, them as new owners might bring in new energy or new ideas, but the only way they would bring in significant new funds to transform our situation is going to be through debt, which would I suspect be secured against the club, not them. Good that local businesspeople want to come on board but people need to think through the implications of arguably enthusiastic and well-meaning but thinly resourced new owners, might do to a club that is sustainable if boring.   

A club that is sustainable and boring will not stay sustainable for long though.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 04, 2023, 09:28:43 am by wilts rover »

A club that is sustainable and boring will not stay sustainable for long though.

A club that is unsustainable wont have the opportunity to be boring.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 04, 2023, 09:50:59 am by roversdude »
Go on then EfD what is your proposal please. Serious question what would you like to happen with the club realistically

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 04, 2023, 10:07:29 am by Canadian Rover »
I think what needs to be taken into consideration is the difference to a club breaking even and a long term strategy for the club to be self sustainable.

With a drop in leagues, standards, comes a dip in interests, attendances and revenues. Which isn't sustainable.  Equally paying poor players isn't sustainable.

Scouting, recruitment and retention are key as well as the overlooked and massively undervalued development of the youth players at DRFC. I truly believe that the promotion of players from within into the first team and selling players on (generating massive revenues) would be a great model of sustainability for the club.

If the owners have a plan and a vision they should be undeterred in the follow up and implementation of it.

What it really always comes down to is the performance (not necessarily the results on the pitch) Rovers fans want to see attacking football with physical commitment to the cause as a minimum. If that's provided then the fans will follow.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 04, 2023, 11:23:47 am by anton123 »

My mate is good friends with the owner of eco power and he told him that’s all I know

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 04, 2023, 11:38:36 am by Sprotyrover »

My mate is good friends with the owner of eco power and he told him that’s all I know
And who's the owner of Eco Power?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 04, 2023, 11:58:14 am by anton123 »

And who's the owner of Eco Power?
Haha am I under arrest? Iv told you what know from what I believe is a credible source , it’s up to you if u believe it or not I’m not fussed

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 04, 2023, 12:13:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Anyone noticed how the 'sources' for these rumours always have to be dragged out of people (and then it's always a mate of a mate, no names no pack drill), instead of being referred to in the first place?

I can only presume that the repeaters of these rumours already know just how flimsy these 'sources' are. And that's if they're real!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 04, 2023, 12:46:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Let's hope the other co-owners are as well informed as your mate!

Seriously, whether they have made any form of approach 'bid'?, as said by CBcb above, I'm sure we would all welcome new investment, new energy, new ideas  but as Terry said they just wouldn't sell or entertain anything unless it's in the best long term interests of the club. At the meet the owners event, he pretty much said they wouldn't sell us down the river.

One would have to ask what do Eco Power want in return for their involvement other than the sponsorship they already have? Anything that would put the club at risk for short term gain just won't be considered.

Until such time as anything changes, we are secure but it's down to us whether we value what we have rather than wish someone would shower more money on us for the love of it.

At the Meet the Owners event, Mike Follows asked a great question, and probably one that many wanted to ask.

What was telling for me wasn't the response of Terry and David so much, but the passionate response from Copps. You could tell he really cares about our club, almost to the point of challenging us to care as much by sticking with it through the difficult times to appreciate the better times ahead. 

I'm more than willing to pay for that and help Copps to continue to turn things around.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 04, 2023, 01:39:02 pm by EasyforDennis »
Go on then EfD what is your proposal please. Serious question what would you like to happen with the club realistically

One of two options. TB to throw in £2m to sign some decent players or sell to someone who wants to take the club forward and not stand still and stagnate.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on March 04, 2023, 02:33:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

One of two options. TB to throw in £2m to sign some decent players or sell to someone who wants to take the club forward and not stand still and stagnate.

Another £2m? In the next transfer window? Year on year?

You suggest the OR is an alternative. Sorry but there is no or.

And please don't give us the "Well if they don't put it up for sale how will we know?"

In all the time since TB, and Dick, have said, if someone came along to take the club forward, they would sell, nobody has other than JRs two failed attempts. They've said it numerous times at open events where press were present and reported it, so it's information that's in the public domain. JRs attempts courted plenty of attention in the press. Did anyone try to compete with JRs bids??

I'm sorry if that's a grim reality for you. The alternative is patience, trust and our own investment in Copps, DS, GB and Co to turn things around. Yes, we all have a choice so it's up to you.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 04, 2023, 03:43:09 pm by EasyforDennis »

And please don't give us the "Well if they don't put it up for sale how will we know?"

In all the time since TB, and Dick, have said, if someone came along to take the club forward, they would sell, nobody has other than JRs two failed attempts. They've said it numerous times at open events where press were present and reported it, so it's information that's in the public domain. JRs attempts courted plenty of attention in the press. Did anyone try to compete with JRs bids??

I'm sorry if that's a grim reality for you. The alternative is patience, trust and our own investment in Copps, DS, GB and Co to turn things around. Yes, we all have a choice so it's up to you.

The grim reality is. No investment=no decent signings=more boring football= attendances will drop, season ticket sales will drop = no longer sustainable.
But hey if your happy with that bully for you.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 04, 2023, 03:58:52 pm by vaya »

The grim reality is. No investment=no decent signings=more boring football= attendances will drop, season ticket sales will drop = no longer sustainable.

It will remain sustainable, at a level based on how much fans wish to commit.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 04, 2023, 04:02:32 pm by EasyforDennis »

Unless things change then attendances next season will be well down. That wont do a lot for sustainability will it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 04, 2023, 04:09:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If Club Doncaster carries on being the success it is - and I'm sure they're not intending to rest on their laurels, it could very well cover the slack of lower gates.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 04, 2023, 04:11:21 pm by vaya »

Unless things change then attendances next season will be well down. That wont do a lot for sustainability will it?

Same answer.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 04, 2023, 05:10:18 pm by EasyforDennis »
If Club Doncaster carries on being the success it is - and I'm sure they're not intending to rest on their laurels, it could very well cover the slack of lower gates.

Maybe it would more sense to concentrate on Club Doncaster and forget about Rovers?  Or are they doing that already?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 04, 2023, 05:12:36 pm by vaya »

Maybe it would more sense to concentrate on Club Doncaster and forget about Rovers?  Or are they doing that already?

Money from Club Doncaster comes into Rovers. It's a mechanism for funding the football side.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 04, 2023, 05:16:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

When are the Club Doncaster nay-sayers going to grasp what Club Doncaster actually does? It's not bloody rocket science.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 04, 2023, 05:24:21 pm by Lesonthewest »

The tactics the current manager employs will drive more fans away, it's truly shocking. I am hoping against hope he has a very good recruitment in the summer, because if not, our attendances will dwindle, people won't pay to watch absolute dross.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 04, 2023, 05:30:20 pm by glosterred »

When are the Club Doncaster nay-sayers going to grasp what Club Doncaster actually does? It's not bloody rocket science.

It might as well be to some

COYR

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 04, 2023, 05:43:00 pm by ForsolongaRover »
When considering investment and new owners should we not take account of whether (for example) a bunch of people who run an energy company would actually have the expertise to run a football club. Does only money matter? I believe that some US investors in British clubs have owned sports franchises in the States, so they would have a good starting point.

Obviously they would hire football people to manage and coach etc., but investment and spending decisions sit above that operation and it is surely a considerable challenge. Indeed some newcomers may well have come unstuck simply because they lacked that expertise.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012