Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:20:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mitchell  (Read 12919 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Mitchell
« Reply #60 on March 25, 2023, 04:22:28 pm by ncRover »
“But but he’s good at collecting crosses” folk will say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 25, 2023, 04:27:15 pm by mushRTID »

“We won’t get better in league two”

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 25, 2023, 04:32:04 pm by StocksArmy »
Still for me the last area of the pitch i would spend my budget on. Thats not me saying i think he is good, thats me saying the other 10 are that shit.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 25, 2023, 04:34:44 pm by goalkick »
We will continue re signing some of them

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 25, 2023, 05:29:08 pm by Draytonian III »
Alex Cairns , on loan at Salford from Fleetwood, Doncaster lad, plenty of experience

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 25, 2023, 05:36:02 pm by glosterred »
Mitchell and Moore have between them in the last 4 games produced errors that have caused us to concede goals, 4 goals. he won’t (hopefully) get a new contract

COYR

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 25, 2023, 05:41:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
We have to replace him.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 25, 2023, 05:43:04 pm by ncRover »
Still for me the last area of the pitch i would spend my budget on. Thats not me saying i think he is good, thats me saying the other 10 are that shit.

But if he’s out of contract it doesn’t cost any more to look for someone else who also is?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 25, 2023, 05:58:29 pm by glosterred »
We have to replace him.

I’d say there is 9 or 10 others as well after this season’s performance could do with replacing

COYR

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 25, 2023, 06:20:01 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Our awful style of play doesn't help Mitchell - first goal looks an absolute howler for sure, but second one he shouldn't be getting that ball back once, never mind twice - it's like the short goal kick - it puts us under pressure when it's not necessary. Get the ball up the pitch, press the oppo, play in their half. His confidence is shot for sure, and there probably is better out there, but we sure aren't helping him at the moment with Schofield's terrible formation.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 25, 2023, 06:24:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Overall he's been good but today was catastrophic. Put that together with the last home games catastrophe, his head must be all over the place.

The errors that we could excuse are now mounting up but he's not immune from the suicidal cock ups that are appearing all over the pitch. Confidence is very brittle to say the least.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 25, 2023, 07:58:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Alex Cairns , on loan at Salford from Fleetwood, Doncaster lad, plenty of experience

Copps spoke to him in the summer but we couldn't offer him what he wanted with Jones & Mitchell on our books.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 25, 2023, 08:01:38 pm by drfchound »
I and wondering why every player in the team hasn’t got a special thread just for them.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 25, 2023, 08:16:36 pm by andyst79 »
Our awful style of play doesn't help Mitchell - first goal looks an absolute howler for sure, but second one he shouldn't be getting that ball back once, never mind twice - it's like the short goal kick - it puts us under pressure when it's not necessary. Get the ball up the pitch, press the oppo, play in their half. His confidence is shot for sure, and there probably is better out there, but we sure aren't helping him at the moment with Schofield's terrible formation.
He's had a shocker with both but as said above not helped by his teammates on the 2nd not taking responsibility and  taking the easy option with pass backs. The mentality of the team is rotten and has been for some while,  a major clear out is required Irrespective of  who's in charge

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 25, 2023, 08:24:36 pm by POD »
I would offer Mitchell a new short term contract but sign an experienced keeper in competition.. and whoever is playing better gets the shirt. 

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 25, 2023, 09:13:21 pm by ncRover »
I would offer Mitchell a new short term contract but sign an experienced keeper in competition.. and whoever is playing better gets the shirt.

Mitchell is 28 years old.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 25, 2023, 09:14:11 pm by Jimmydee »
The Northampton fans chant to Mitchell was   “he’s one of our own”

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 25, 2023, 09:15:04 pm by Filo »
Hartlepools no. 2, says all you need to know about his ability

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 25, 2023, 09:30:06 pm by Chris the Rover »
Decent shot stopper he may be, but he’s an accident waiting to happen. If we can’t find someone better than him I think we really are in big trouble. He was shocking today.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 25, 2023, 09:37:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I was a defender of him but I’m done now. Need a new number 1 in the summer.

Mitchell will be a decent number 2 at this level but too many points lost by direct errors of his.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on March 25, 2023, 09:39:58 pm by StocksArmy »

But if he’s out of contract it doesn’t cost any more to look for someone else who also is?

I honestly forgot he was out of contract. As we have a young keeper behind him still progressing i would say it may be wise to offer him a year at the bare minimum we can get him for. Again, i  dont think he is fantastic but, i dont think hes as bad as others think either. I just think with decent recruitment we could take pressure off our keeper. Key word being "recruitment" though, when was the last time we got that right. I have lost all trust and faith in everything the club tries to offer anymore so I am at a point where we may well let Mitchell leave and wonder what the hell we did that for. Thats how bad its all got.

Lazar

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 26, 2023, 07:32:10 am by Lazar »
We’ve seen enough of him now to know what we are getting. And it’s not very good.

Who knew Hartlepool’s number 2 would be short of the standard for a side aiming to “bounce back decisively”?

As with all the terrible players we hope leave in the summer, it frightens me to death who the replacement will be. It’s hard to imagine a downgrade, but our record in the market shows if there’s a downgrade out there we will find it.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 26, 2023, 12:35:28 pm by Prez »
Surprised no one has mentioned the defending leading to the first goal yesterday.

Dreadful. Look how much space each Town player had from the corner. No closing down, no press.

Yes Mitchell dropped a bollock, but the defending was just as bad.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 26, 2023, 12:41:29 pm by BigH »
Mitchell is National League North quality. We could and should have better.

Not helped by the lack of organisation and leadership in front of him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 26, 2023, 01:17:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Surprised no one has mentioned the defending leading to the first goal yesterday.

Dreadful. Look how much space each Town player had from the corner. No closing down, no press.

Bang on. The defending was as bad as Mitchell's mistake.

There was another occasion later in the first half. Northampton got a free kick just inside our half on the West Stand side. Our players all assumed they lump it into the box and every single one trotted back towards our box, most facing away from the ball. We left 30 yards vacant, and when they inevitably took a quick, short free kick and pressed into that space, several of our players weren't even looking.

It screams out of a lack of professionalism and a lack of thinking. It's players going through the motions and no f**ker taking responsibility.

I've been saying for 2 years that we have a pitiful lack of mesterliness. That's not just about being physically tough. It's about demanding standards and being prepared to take responsibility.

No wonder Miller went a bit mad in the second half. He must wonder what he's come to.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 26, 2023, 01:45:36 pm by Bessie Red »
Decent shot stopper he may be, but he’s an accident waiting to happen. If we can’t find someone better than him I think we really are in big trouble. He was shocking today.
Decent shot stopper? He didn't manage to stop two ridiculously tame shots against Wimbledon and Northampton
that even my missus could have stopped.
I thought he was decent enough for lge 2 but he just makes too many unforced errors!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 26, 2023, 01:58:01 pm by GazLaz »

Bang on. The defending was as bad as Mitchell's mistake.

There was another occasion later in the first half. Northampton got a free kick just inside our half on the West Stand side. Our players all assumed they lump it into the box and every single one trotted back towards our box, most facing away from the ball. We left 30 yards vacant, and when they inevitably took a quick, short free kick and pressed into that space, several of our players weren't even looking.

It screams out of a lack of professionalism and a lack of thinking. It's players going through the motions and no f**ker taking responsibility.

I've been saying for 2 years that we have a pitiful lack of mesterliness. That's not just about being physically tough. It's about demanding standards and being prepared to take responsibility.

No wonder Miller went a bit mad in the second half. He must wonder what he's come to.

It’s not even being a mester, it’s just football ability and having the balance of players that carry out certain roles in the pitch.

To win games you need to create a certain amount of chances, win the ball back a certain amount of times, win so many headers, block so many shots etc etc etc. we’ve got the balance all wrong.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 26, 2023, 07:58:20 pm by StocktonRover »
The Northampton fans chant to Mitchell was   “he’s one of our own”
They were also chanting “2-0, and it’s all your fault” at him………..

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 26, 2023, 09:28:23 pm by elmsallrover »
why... Spend the money on one decent keeper if he gets injured get one on loan

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 27, 2023, 03:18:24 am by LincolnDonny »

And Paycheques

TinyPortal © 2005-2012