Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:54:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club Doncaster  (Read 5610 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Club Doncaster
« Reply #30 on March 08, 2023, 11:30:26 am by normal rules »
Club Doncaster makes up for Rovers financial losses and, if we can sort out our horrific recruitment policy, gives us the funds to make it work.

Without it the horrific recruitment policy would still be here, and we'd still be shit, but we'd also be losing £2m a season.
How does it make up for rovers financial losses ?

Imagine you own two shops. Both part of the same business. One makes good profit. The other runs at a loss. One balances out the other. But the badly performing shop is getting worse. It’s that simple.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WantleyDragon

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 08, 2023, 11:40:54 am by WantleyDragon »
Club Doncaster makes up for Rovers financial losses and, if we can sort out our horrific recruitment policy, gives us the funds to make it work.

Without it the horrific recruitment policy would still be here, and we'd still be shit, but we'd also be losing £2m a season.

Imagine you own two shops. Both part of the same business. One makes good profit. The other runs at a loss. One balances out the other. But the badly performing shop is getting worse. It’s that simple.

It isn't that simple.

If you had a profitable shop, and took on a loss making shop, you would be out of pocket.

No one has answered HOW club doncaster makes up the shortfall

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 08, 2023, 11:47:50 am by Mike_F »
Tonight’s performance has absolutely nothing to do with club doncaster
The players we have are miles better than the players playing for harrogate and earning a lot more money.
Tonight’s shit show is all down to the players and the coaching team

Who appointed RW, GM, and DS, that signed these players and coaches?

F*cking clueless, the lot of them.

RW - Top of the division and nailed on for promotion.
Before that DM - Finally realising the potential of a sleeping giant where others have failed and nailed on for promotion.

Why are they achieving more at their current clubs than they did here? It can't be a coincidence.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 08, 2023, 11:53:29 am by ravenrover »

It isn't that simple.

If you had a profitable shop, and took on a loss making shop, you would be out of pocket.

No one has answered HOW club doncaster makes up the shortfall
Club Doncaster is bringing in financial streams from outside the actual footballing side of the business to make up the loss on the footballing side that TB was financing out of his own pocket

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 08, 2023, 11:58:48 am by MachoMadness »
Merchandising, gym memberships, event hires, including high-profile gigs which we'll get some decent money for, sponsorships, I assume some tax benefits as well although that's very much not my area. Imagine the egg chasing team and Belles are run much more cheaply and generate some profit as well.

Sure SM can provide more details but it's not exactly beyond belief that it makes money.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 08, 2023, 12:01:26 pm by Mike_F »
Was being the operative word. It's fantastic that we don't rely on the owners' personal cash for survival but it would seem that TB has been reticent to financially support the club for some time.

At the meet the owners event he said that he had been reminded that he had put £12.5m into the club as had Dick Watson making £25m overall. I'm as grateful as anyone for that.

Dick Watson died SIX years ago. The fact that TB has spent an equal amount would suggest that either DW was investing a much larger amount than TB or TB has not put a penny into the club for at least six years. Not that he needed to when we had transfer fees from Marquis and Whiteman to cover our trading losses rather than being reinvested into strengthening the squad.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 08, 2023, 12:05:28 pm by ravenrover »
And here was silly old me thinking not relying on handouts from the owner was what self sufficiency meant

WantleyDragon

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 08, 2023, 12:11:39 pm by WantleyDragon »
Merchandising, gym memberships, event hires, including high-profile gigs which we'll get some decent money for, sponsorships, I assume some tax benefits as well although that's very much not my area. Imagine the egg chasing team and Belles are run much more cheaply and generate some profit as well.

Sure SM can provide more details but it's not exactly beyond belief that it makes money.

OK, thanks we're getting somewhere.

So from those revenue generating schemes, how many can ROVERS do on their own ?

I dare say all of them, and without the loss generators of the Belles and Dons.
Rovers would be better off if we didn't have the Belles and Dons to fund aswell.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 08, 2023, 12:16:59 pm by Cramby10 »
Surely the belles and dons share the running costs of the stadium? Therefore saving money?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 08, 2023, 12:21:44 pm by vaya »

Rovers would be better off if we didn't have the Belles and Dons to fund aswell.

Are Belles and Dons loss generators? - Are they being funded rather then being similarly self sufficient?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 08, 2023, 12:40:52 pm by Filo »
Surely the belles and dons share the running costs of the stadium? Therefore saving money?

Belles don’t use the stadium, they play at Thorne

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 08, 2023, 12:44:09 pm by oggycompton »
If you dont want to invest in your football club, sell up or at least put it up for sale and move on.

People will say...'But who will buy it?'. Put it up and lets find out as this isn't working, its going backwards and fans, players and managers alike have had enough of it.

I'd rather have someone who cares about the club running the show than these figureheads acting as puppet masters for the constant stream of lies and rhetoric that they spiel out at every meeting that for 5 years has turned out to be utter rubbish and actually...lies.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 08, 2023, 12:45:20 pm by oggycompton »

I support Doncaster Rovers. Them alone. Not interested in the Rugby team or the womens team.

If I cared about those two sports, I'd go and watch.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 08, 2023, 12:59:05 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Without Club Doncaster the Rovers, Dons and Belles would each need to have their own operating staff, Ticket office, Commercial, Publicity, Admin', Groundstaff etc.  With CD there is just one set of staff doing the work for all three clubs.  There is a very significant (and very obvious) financial advantage to that which each club benefits from.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 08, 2023, 01:08:12 pm by oggycompton »
Without Club Doncaster the Rovers, Dons and Belles would each need to have their own operating staff, Ticket office, Commercial, Publicity, Admin', Groundstaff etc.  With CD there is just one set of staff doing the work for all three clubs.  There is a very significant (and very obvious) financial advantage to that which each club benefits from.

Some clubs benefit more than others. Rovers must be what 85% of that?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 08, 2023, 01:11:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Ok oggy, I get it.  No matter what is explained to you about CD you just want something to blame for the shit show that the Rovers' are at the moment.  See ya.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 08, 2023, 01:16:51 pm by oggycompton »
Ok oggy, I get it.  No matter what is explained to you about CD you just want something to blame for the shit show that the Rovers' are at the moment.  See ya.

Dry your eyes princess. I like many others want to know what the benefit is of this fabulous system is? As yet, nobody has come up with anything that benefits Doncaster Rovers, not any other tam but Doncaster Rovers. We aren't Man City here building a global brand and franchise with the ladies team. We are the worst professional Yorkshire team, a second division ladies team and an average rugby team. There is no benefit. just because some of the lap dogs come out with their tales wagging after meeting the club and listening to their lies and pass it off as knowledge. Doesnt make it right.

As a businessman myself I fail to see any benefit commercially or revenue wise for Doncaster Rovers, the team we all support.

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 08, 2023, 01:22:40 pm by TommyC »
Was being the operative word. It's fantastic that we don't rely on the owners' personal cash for survival but it would seem that TB has been reticent to financially support the club for some time.

At the meet the owners event he said that he had been reminded that he had put £12.5m into the club as had Dick Watson making £25m overall. I'm as grateful as anyone for that.

Dick Watson died SIX years ago. The fact that TB has spent an equal amount would suggest that either DW was investing a much larger amount than TB or TB has not put a penny into the club for at least six years. Not that he needed to when we had transfer fees from Marquis and Whiteman to cover our trading losses rather than being reinvested into strengthening the squad.

That's it in a nutshell. Silent Majority doesn't like it when I bring up the "Five Year Plan" for Championship Football that was trumpeted by the board 5 years ago to much fanfare. That's presumably because it has been binned/buried and any mention of it is somewhat embarassing for the board given the current state of things. But either way, if you look at what Baldwin said at that time, he specifically said that the club was at that point self-sustaining. He went on to say that the Directors voluntarily CHOSE to inject a couple of million a season into the club on top of that because they WANT a Championship football club. For that reason we at that point had a budget that equated to top 6 in League 1. That is all fact based on direct quotes from Gavin Baldwin.

Fast forward pretty much exactly 5 years to now. The plan has failed (obviously) and we are told that the club is self-sustaining and that the Directors no longer have to put their hands in their pocket to fund the club. So basically, the only difference between now and then is that the Directors no longer choose to put any money in.  We were a self-sustaining club 5 years ago! The only reason we were competing at the level we were is because the Directors chose to shoot for Championship football. Clearly they no longer have that level of ambition. I make no criticism of that in itself but it may help to manage expectations if instead of trumpeting how great it is that we're self-sustaining, the board instead admitted that there has been a subtsantial decline in investment from the owners over the last few years.

And i'll pre-empt those who will say "it isn't about the budget, it's about how you use it" with this little quote from Baldwin himself.....

“More often than not, budgets will equate to league position, roughly. There are anomalies such as Shrewsbury. That makes it exciting. Over five years your squad budget will tell you where you come in the league."

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 08, 2023, 01:26:58 pm by oggycompton »
The five-year plan...good times.

Wonder what it is now? Avoid Conference football? Maintain attendances above 4000?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 08, 2023, 01:32:29 pm by ravenrover »

Dry your eyes princess. I like many others want to know what the benefit is of this fabulous system is? As yet, nobody has come up with anything that benefits Doncaster Rovers, not any other tam but Doncaster Rovers. We aren't Man City here building a global brand and franchise with the ladies team. We are the worst professional Yorkshire team, a second division ladies team and an average rugby team. There is no benefit. just because some of the lap dogs come out with their tales wagging after meeting the club and listening to their lies and pass it off as knowledge. Doesnt make it right.

As a businessman myself I fail to see any benefit commercially or revenue wise for Doncaster Rovers, the team we all support.
Sorry you can't or won't accept the explanations of what CD brings to DRFC
As far as I am aware Harrogate is or was in Yorkshire maybe not in your world as it doesn't fit your narrative.
Wonder what constitutes being a businessman in your world is

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 08, 2023, 01:37:02 pm by ravenrover »
If you dont want to invest in your football club, sell up or at least put it up for sale and move on.

People will say...'But who will buy it?'. Put it up and lets find out as this isn't working, its going backwards and fans, players and managers alike have had enough of it.

I'd rather have someone who cares about the club running the show than these figureheads acting as puppet masters for the constant stream of lies and rhetoric that they spiel out at every meeting that for 5 years has turned out to be utter rubbish and actually...lies.
Where have you been, the Clib is permanently up for sale to the right buyer as a businrss man would you buy a business with very few assets and the risk of having to fork out to keep the business afloat if needed and no forseeable profit from said purchase?

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 08, 2023, 01:45:03 pm by oggycompton »

Sorry you can't or won't accept the explanations of what CD brings to DRFC
As far as I am aware Harrogate is or was in Yorkshire maybe not in your world as it doesn't fit your narrative.
Wonder what constitutes being a businessman in your world is

Slightly togue in cheeks after Harrogate battered us yesterday but you know my point, you're being deliberatly obtuse.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 08, 2023, 01:46:45 pm by oggycompton »

Where have you been, the Clib is permanently up for sale to the right buyer as a businrss man would you buy a business with very few assets and the risk of having to fork out to keep the business afloat if needed and no forseeable profit from said purchase?

Not sure where you've been hiding. But we are self sustainable now have you not heard, thats the latest saying out of the club. Own our own stadium and training facilities too, I would call those assets.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 08, 2023, 01:56:07 pm by vaya »

Not sure where you've been hiding. But we are self sustainable now have you not heard, thats the latest saying out of the club. Own our own stadium and training facilities too, I would call those assets.

The club doesn't own stadium.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 08, 2023, 02:06:58 pm by oggycompton »

Yeah it does

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 08, 2023, 02:16:30 pm by vaya »

Yeah it does

It's on a 99-year lease from DMBC.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 08, 2023, 02:17:25 pm by silent majority »

That's it in a nutshell. Silent Majority doesn't like it when I bring up the "Five Year Plan" for Championship Football that was trumpeted by the board 5 years ago to much fanfare. That's presumably because it has been binned/buried and any mention of it is somewhat embarassing for the board given the current state of things. But either way, if you look at what Baldwin said at that time, he specifically said that the club was at that point self-sustaining. He went on to say that the Directors voluntarily CHOSE to inject a couple of million a season into the club on top of that because they WANT a Championship football club. For that reason we at that point had a budget that equated to top 6 in League 1. That is all fact based on direct quotes from Gavin Baldwin.

Fast forward pretty much exactly 5 years to now. The plan has failed (obviously) and we are told that the club is self-sustaining and that the Directors no longer have to put their hands in their pocket to fund the club. So basically, the only difference between now and then is that the Directors no longer choose to put any money in.  We were a self-sustaining club 5 years ago! The only reason we were competing at the level we were is because the Directors chose to shoot for Championship football. Clearly they no longer have that level of ambition. I make no criticism of that in itself but it may help to manage expectations if instead of trumpeting how great it is that we're self-sustaining, the board instead admitted that there has been a subtsantial decline in investment from the owners over the last few years.

And i'll pre-empt those who will say "it isn't about the budget, it's about how you use it" with this little quote from Baldwin himself.....

“More often than not, budgets will equate to league position, roughly. There are anomalies such as Shrewsbury. That makes it exciting. Over five years your squad budget will tell you where you come in the league."

I don't like it when you bring up the 5 year plan?

Can you show me some evidence of that?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 08, 2023, 02:17:37 pm by normal rules »
Isn’t it on a 99 yr lease from DMBC?

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 08, 2023, 02:20:58 pm by oggycompton »
So are some peoples houses that are leasehold, does that mean you dont own them.

Leaseholder - Person who holds the lease for propery/land...owner.

Go on companies house and tell me who owns the stadium, is it the council or Doncaster Rovers?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 08, 2023, 02:24:17 pm by silent majority »
So are some peoples houses that are leasehold, does that mean you dont own them.

Leaseholder - Person who holds the lease for propery/land...owner.

Go on companies house and tell me who owns the stadium, is it the council or Doncaster Rovers?

What is your point though? You seem to be all over the place with the  points you want to score.

And FYI, the lease is held by the Football Foundation and not DRFC.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012