Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:43:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interview  (Read 4163 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Interview
« on March 08, 2023, 10:30:55 am by Lesonthewest »
Same old deluded claptrap, I'm sure he thinks fans are stupid, sounds like he's suggesting the non creation of chances is just down to one or two games, it's regular Danny. What are you actually watching. Cards in the table for me, he may be a good coach, not denying that, but he’s not what we need to get us out of this division right now. We need experience, & players with physical attributes, organisation, & a will to win. We currently have none of these. Sooner he goes the better.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on March 08, 2023, 11:37:08 am by normal rules »
Link?

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 08, 2023, 12:52:24 pm by oggycompton »
Why did he also say we created chances against Hartlepool? I must have been at a different game. Standard 5 at the back setup with one man up to so far apart from his team he may as well be in a different county.

The guys clueless

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 08, 2023, 03:59:29 pm by Bessie Red »
My son showed me an interesting stat today regarding Dany Schofield. Of the 35 games that he has been a head coach at Hudds & us his out and out strikers (not incl wingers, no 10s) have scored only 2 goals of the total goals scored. George Miller has got 1 of those. That is an incredibly poor outcome and proves to me that he does not know how to set a team up to create chances for strikers. He talks about processes all the time yet there is rarely any positive outcomes from those processes. A process without a positive outcome is not worth continuing Danny!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 08, 2023, 04:30:10 pm by StocksArmy »
He should get a pre season if you ask me. I think the hand hes been dealt he deserves a fair crack to make decisions on those out of contract and see what he can do with the budget made available to him. I honestly believe that no manager that we could realistically interest in our job, could play the brand of football we all want to watch with that lot. They may well improve us but, that will only come when we ship some out.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 08, 2023, 04:34:15 pm by normal rules »
for him to say we usually boss possession is a bit of a stretch.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 08, 2023, 04:42:39 pm by scawsby steve »
My son showed me an interesting stat today regarding Dany Schofield. Of the 35 games that he has been a head coach at Hudds & us his out and out strikers (not incl wingers, no 10s) have scored only 2 goals of the total goals scored. George Miller has got 1 of those. That is an incredibly poor outcome and proves to me that he does not know how to set a team up to create chances for strikers. He talks about processes all the time yet there is rarely any positive outcomes from those processes. A process without a positive outcome is not worth continuing Danny!

Sorry to be pedantic, Bessie, but it's all about small mercies now. George scored 2 at Grimsby.

Usher down the wing.

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 08, 2023, 05:22:58 pm by Usher down the wing. »
He should get a pre season if you ask me. I think the hand hes been dealt he deserves a fair crack to make decisions on those out of contract and see what he can do with the budget made available to him. I honestly believe that no manager that we could realistically interest in our job, could play the brand of football we all want to watch with that lot. They may well improve us but, that will only come when we ship some out.

I agree.

We pulled the plug sharp enough on Wellens, let’s at least give DS a summer to get rid of the chaff & recruit players with some nouse & backbone to get us out of this god awful division.

If his recruiting leaves us playing the same dross being served up for the past two seasons or more then grasp the nettle & find a manager before next January’s window.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 08, 2023, 05:48:10 pm by Janso »
for him to say we usually boss possession is a bit of a stretch.

Haven't looked but it does usually seem like we have the majority of the ball.

It's doing bugger all with it that's the issue.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 08, 2023, 05:56:05 pm by Bessie Red »

Sorry to be pedantic, Bessie, but it's all about small mercies now. George scored 2 at Grimsby.
You're correct, it should have read in 2 games out of the 35 not 2 goals.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 08, 2023, 05:57:48 pm by Filo »
Apparently he won’t go with two up top, because it doesn’t make any impact in the game, I can’t believe I’ve just read that, he really has lost the plot

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 08, 2023, 06:34:56 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We are now in the same situation we were with GM last season.

The summer becomes a risk. Do we believe in him enough to let him build a team only to do this all again when it turns out he can’t get them playing.

Last season we took that risk and GM unsurprisingly to anyone turned out to be poor.

I didn’t want us to take that risk and I’d give DS 5 games now to show he can get us playing. Forget about the process just play to actually win the games and play well. If we can do it then he gets the summer. If not Copps needs to have a plan B.

I’d be upfront with DS that his job is on the line before the end of the season. We are too accepting of poor performances. GM never did enough to get the job but we just accepted him and hoped he’d suddenly be a passable manager. Same goes with DS. Is he after the summer suddenly going to have a plan B or an ounce of attacking play?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 08, 2023, 06:37:30 pm by normal rules »
Apparently he won’t go with two up top, because it doesn’t make any impact in the game, I can’t believe I’ve just read that, he really has lost the plot

jesus. 442. the cornerstone of footballing foundations. he has forgot he is at doncaster rovers. not some european super club.
writings on the wall.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 08, 2023, 06:52:46 pm by jmt23 »
I am a more positive person and poster on this forum than most, but last night was the worst performance of passive football I have seen from us since our return to the league - we did play some poor stuff prior to dropping out, so not quite the worst I’ve seen.
However, we did create chances last night, to say we didn’t is a lie - there were some good chances too, better than recent games.

Formation - if this is how he wants his teams to play, then he might as well stick with it, find which of the players can adapt, then get rid of those that cannot, bring in new that can. I would like to see him get a summer to bring players in - but certainly wouldn’t be shocked if he lost his job.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2023, 09:35:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
To give him a summer would be disastrous. Any new manager following on, assuming he didn’t last until Christmas, would be adopting someone else’s squad (much like DS has).

If our recruitment doesn’t include players of a certain quality, then it just makes it worse. This has been happening for 2-3 years and the cycle of bad decision making has to stop.

He’s had enough time to prove that he’s got something and he’s failed.

All the above is pointless (much like our games, lately) if the men at the top want to be equally as stubborn as Schofield in the belief that sustainability is the be all and end all.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2023, 09:44:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We keep losing seasons by giving someone who isn’t good enough the summer. Miraculous improvements don’t just happen. Without some evidence of incremental improvement that’s what we’d be hoping for.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 09, 2023, 03:19:31 pm by StocksArmy »
Just watched DS interview from today on Radio Sheffield. I cant help but get annoyed that he keeps having a dig at the fans for questioning formations by basically saying we only moan about it when we lose. Im right on the fence with this because i like the formation but i dont like the players playing it. Everybody can see that. If we were causing teams all sorts of problems and just couldnt put the ball in the net then i dont think anybody would complain about the formation but, we dont do anything well. So he needs to do something to make that change and hes refusing to. You have to have another plan at any level ffs. What is he not understanding about the performances?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 09, 2023, 03:48:45 pm by drfchound »
I haven’t heard the interview that you mentioned Stocks but if DS if having sly  digs at the supporters then he is getting onto a very slippery slope.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:54:02 pm by drfchound »

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 09, 2023, 03:51:54 pm by 5minstogo »
He does make a valid point that formations don't really matter, its all about how defensive or attacking you set those players up. Well there's the problem, we are set up far too defensively. Send some more players forward, especially against teams struggling near the bottom of the league.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 09, 2023, 04:11:23 pm by StocksArmy »
I haven’t heard the interview that you mentioned Stocks but if DS if having sly  digs at the supporters then he is getting onto a very slippery slope.

https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1633825882333929478?t=Mz947IEEdIjskD42CIlRrQ&s=19

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 09, 2023, 04:39:04 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It's only a few games ago we were getting thrashed to nil and we were calling for better defending.  We're getting that now (from most of the team) but at the expense of goals for.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 09, 2023, 05:51:14 pm by Bessie Red »
The problem is that by sticking to his processes he is proving the old Einstein saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Danny it is insane to not change the way we play.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 09, 2023, 06:26:00 pm by grayx »

The summer becomes a risk. Do we believe in him enough to let him build a team only to do this all again when it turns out he can’t get them playing.

Last season we took that risk and GM unsurprisingly to anyone turned out to be poor.

I didn’t want us to take that risk and I’d give DS 5 games now to show he can get us playing. Forget about the process just play to actually win the games and play well. If we can do it then he gets the summer. If not Copps needs to have a plan B.

I’d be upfront with DS that his job is on the line before the end of the season. We are too accepting of poor performances. GM never did enough to get the job but we just accepted him and hoped he’d suddenly be a passable manager. Same goes with DS. Is he after the summer suddenly going to have a plan B or an ounce of attacking play?

My thoughts exactly..

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 09, 2023, 06:43:20 pm by Cramby10 »

My thoughts exactly..
we can only hope the hierarchy are thinking along the same lines and could be a reason why we didn’t fritter away too much money in January. Maybe they were hoping he proves himself worthy before backing him in the summer, and if not, send him on his way.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 09, 2023, 06:59:06 pm by Lesonthewest »
The problem is that by sticking to his processes he is proving the old Einstein saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Danny it is insane to not change the way we play.

Absolutely, watching his demeanour there, it's like when you're talking to someone & they're not really taking in what you're saying to them, not really answering the questions properly, & seeing a totally different game to others, because they're blinded by the way they want to play. It's either obsessive, or stupid. Yes the players are palpable, of course they are, but this is league 2 & this 'system' clearly doesn't work, it's as clear as night & day.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 09, 2023, 07:02:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
3rd option - stupidly obsessive?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 09, 2023, 07:20:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Or obsessively stupid?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 09, 2023, 09:15:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
I thought the whole point of putting in place a Head of Football Operations and the committee system for recruitment was that we don't end up with a load of players built around a manager and their style, so we don't end up lumped with a squad of players the next guy doesn't want.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 09, 2023, 09:53:22 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I thought the whole point of putting in place a Head of Football Operations and the committee system for recruitment was that we don't end up with a load of players built around a manager and their style, so we don't end up lumped with a squad of players the next guy doesn't want.

But if your manager plays a very specific very limited way that no successor would follow you kind of have to go that.

Of course a HoF should look at this when signing a manager i.e. have a style to suit either the players we have or the players we can realistically attain

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 09, 2023, 10:05:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just watched DS interview from today on Radio Sheffield. I cant help but get annoyed that he keeps having a dig at the fans for questioning formations by basically saying we only moan about it when we lose. Im right on the fence with this because i like the formation but i dont like the players playing it. Everybody can see that. If we were causing teams all sorts of problems and just couldnt put the ball in the net then i dont think anybody would complain about the formation but, we dont do anything well. So he needs to do something to make that change and hes refusing to. You have to have another plan at any level ffs. What is he not understanding about the performances?

Disappointing if true. Football fans aren’t stupid. Ok a few are. But when the voices reach a critical mass and they are disagreeing with you the chances are it’s because your wrong.

To not even take a second look at yourself in that situation is self destructive. Hope he sorts us out but can’t help thinking he’s fast tracking himself back into coaching U23 teams. Certainly won’t be getting another senior job if he bombs with us anytime soon

TinyPortal © 2005-2012