Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:21:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ian Snodin  (Read 2773 times)

DonnyBiz

• VSC Member
Ian Snodin
« on March 15, 2023, 09:19:00 pm by DonnyBiz »
Just watched a nice piece with Ian Snodin. Fantastic to hear.

https://youtu.be/ku_V3GulkAs

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Ian Snodin
« Reply #1 on March 15, 2023, 09:33:06 pm by drfchound »
Great interview.

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 15, 2023, 09:43:33 pm by niteowler »
Absolutely brilliant, top man ! (and his brother)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2023, 10:26:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good interview spoiled only by the interviewer, and Snodin being a Chelsea fan.

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2023, 10:29:07 pm by hamiltonrover »
Enjoyed that,
Not great with his numbers, but a top guy.
Gates of 400, not quite
Took 1500 to Dover, not a chance.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2023, 10:32:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
That Dover game was about as wild as it’s been for many a year. It all went off there.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 16, 2023, 06:27:31 am by anton123 »
I went to the dover game and it was a good following , mental in ground with a pub at the side of the pitch

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 16, 2023, 08:37:56 am by hamiltonrover »
I went to the dover game and it was a good following , mental in ground with a pub at the side of the pitch

Good following but nowhere near 1500, the actual attendance was only 1517, so unless Dover only had 17 fans in attendance it’s way off the mark. I was there too and would probably say around 4-500 from Donny, but it was over 20 years ago so a bit vague in my memory banks.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 16, 2023, 09:04:24 am by Campsall rover »
Lowest gate Rovers had in 97/98 was around 800 i think.
Ave gates that season over 1.700

Slight exaggeration from Ian saying we were only getting 400

Great Interview. Still as enthusiastic as ever.
He and brother Glynn will always be Rovers legends to me. Not only great players but both are fantastic blokes as well.

2 of the best players we have had in my 47.5 yrs supporting the Club.
2 of my favourite players also.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 11:13:48 am by Campsall rover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 16, 2023, 09:46:16 am by Chris Black come back »

Good following but nowhere near 1500, the actual attendance was only 1517, so unless Dover only had 17 fans in attendance it’s way off the mark. I was there too and would probably say around 4-500 from Donny, but it was over 20 years ago so a bit vague in my memory banks.

Didn’t someone run on at one point and shove a pie in the face of the Dover keeper? Or have I got that game mixed up.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 16, 2023, 11:08:24 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Dean Williams got one shoved in his face at one of our games, can’t remember which. At home I think.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 16, 2023, 11:52:35 am by roversdude »
Hartlepool

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2023, 02:20:51 pm by hamiltonrover »

Didn’t someone run on at one point and shove a pie in the face of the Dover keeper? Or have I got that game mixed up.
There was a mini pitch invasion in the second half and one of our fans did try and give the oppo keeper a bit of verbals from close range.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 16, 2023, 04:30:13 pm by Branton Rover »
I can’t knock him for a bit of hyperbole.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 16, 2023, 07:04:33 pm by Lesonthewest »
Great interview.  Spoke to Dennis & Carol Moullali this morning, lovely people.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 16, 2023, 09:02:09 pm by German Rover »
Utterly bizarre to say the least. I'm not a fan of Farage by any stretch of the imagination but this is a good interview, quick question and let him go with the anecdotes.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 16, 2023, 09:11:00 pm by Avsuptem »
Enjoyed that,
Gates of 400, not quite

I was at that game. I think we probably took 15 not 1500 and those fifteen were the players.  I spoke with Glynn who promissed me it would get better.
Top blokes both of them.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 16, 2023, 09:31:30 pm by The Beast »
Enjoyed that,
Gates of 400, not quite
Top man Snods but not great at numbers like you say, better at numbers than Farage to be fair though.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 16, 2023, 09:45:59 pm by Campsall rover »
My step son Neil used to go to Dennis restaurant in Middlesbrough when he played up there.
Think Dennis was from Middlesborough. Not sure if it was his brother or his father who had the restaurant up there come to think of it.  Family business’s anyway.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 17, 2023, 09:19:02 am by turnbull for england »
Quote from: Avsupte

m link=topic=287364.msg1222549#msg1222549 date=1679001060
Enjoyed that,
Gates of 400, not quite

I was at that game. I think we probably took 15 not 1500 and those fifteen were the players.  I spoke with Glynn who promissed me it would get better.
Top blokes both of them.

We went to Dover too was a decent turnout
considering . That first year in conference was crackers . Moving ends at half time, and buying raffle tickets from the forest green chairman in  clubhouse who were advertising the game like were Barcelona

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 17, 2023, 11:43:17 am by Sprotyrover »
My mate went to Dover there were a lot of Rover fans there, the best way to look at it is find Dovers average gate that season take it away from the Gate and you have a good picture of how many we took,
We were the Glasgow Rangers of the Conference our away support nearly alway outnumbered the Home Crowd. Our home gates were in the region of 2400.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 17, 2023, 12:25:49 pm by keyser_soze »
Good post. Nearly turned it off when I saw Farage but nice to hear from Snodin and some great anecdotes. He didn't mention the game against Frickley (i think) when he subbed himself on with the sole intention of busting as many heads as possible on the other team until he got booked.

Good modesty when asked if he 'saved Rovers' - he certainly didn't but he left us in a better state than he found us, two of our own were a good choice to get the fans back in the door after the Richardson years and were guaranteed the support of the fans.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 17, 2023, 01:56:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
That otherwise low grade cup win at the end of the season was in same league as Stoke, Wembley and Brentford. What a night.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 17, 2023, 03:08:08 pm by EasyforDennis »
My step son Neil used to go to Dennis restaurant in Middlesbrough when he played up there.
Think Dennis was from Middlesborough. Not sure if it was his brother or his father who had the restaurant up there come to think of it.  Family business’s anyway.

It was his brother. Denis had the Bistro in Bradford Row where I spent many a late night and had my first chicken Parmo.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 17, 2023, 05:01:09 pm by belton rover »
I seem to remember a 400ish gate in an LDV (or it’s equivalent) Trophy game the season we went down.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 17, 2023, 05:14:24 pm by mugnapper »

It was his brother. Denis had the Bistro in Bradford Row where I spent many a late night and had my first chicken Parmo.
His (much) younger brother was called Terry and he ran the Yankee Burger bar in Bradford Row before moving to Middlesbrough, if memory serves me.
Also wasn't Le Bistro in East Laith Gate, opposite the Coach and Horses?
Then after it closed, didn't Kevin Keegan buy the Building and his brother opened a restaurant that I cannot remember the name of. (Pepper Jacks??)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 17, 2023, 06:29:43 pm by EasyforDennis »

His (much) younger brother was called Terry and he ran the Yankee Burger bar in Bradford Row before moving to Middlesbrough, if memory serves me.
Then after it closed, didn't Kevin Keegan buy the Building and his brother opened a restaurant that I cannot remember the name of. (Pepper Jacks??)

You are obviously too young to remember the original Bistro.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 17, 2023, 06:58:29 pm by silent majority »

You are obviously too young to remember the original Bistro.

The one on Bradford Row was quite an institution.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 17, 2023, 06:58:47 pm by scawsby steve »

The original Le Bistro was in Bradford Row. You're right that it then moved to East Laith Gate, but you've got the wrong pub opposite; it was the Horse and Groom. The Coach and Horses is in Scot Lane.

I spent many drunken nights in the Le Bistro. Dennis was a great host, and a great guy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 17, 2023, 07:03:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Pepper Joe's

TinyPortal © 2005-2012