Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:27:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joseph Olowu  (Read 2681 times)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Joseph Olowu
« on March 20, 2023, 05:03:37 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
New 2 and half year deal.

Very good news although he was appalling on Saturday, got potential to play championship at least.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Re: Joseph Olowu
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2023, 05:09:58 pm by Butchers Red »
Great news - Bobby,Tom and now Oluwu is 75% of a really strong back four.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 20, 2023, 05:12:55 pm by Retdon1 »
Best bit of business we have done in years

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 20, 2023, 05:17:26 pm by Filo »
Great news, there’s potential big resale value in him, especially if he cuts out the bollock that he dropped on Saturday

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 20, 2023, 05:41:10 pm by The Beast »
Really happy with this. Didn't think it was going to materialise!

:boxing:

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 20, 2023, 05:45:28 pm by albie »
Great news.

He did make an error at Salford, but what was the keeper thinking passing out to him in that situation?
I know the lad is new to the club, but these sort of mistakes are costing us time and again.

It is often like this, one bad decision followed by another, but the second only happens because of the first.
No faith that DS has actually understood that yet!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 20, 2023, 05:45:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Now that has to be positive news. I for one thought he would keep his options open. 

If Olowu thought the rot was continuing I doubt he would have signed. He must have sufficient faith the club is doing what it can to move us forward.

Perhaps Blunt delivered on his commitment to Copps as he said at the Meet the Owners.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 20, 2023, 05:47:31 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Very good news. Good sign that our better players are signing up for more.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 20, 2023, 06:00:49 pm by Filo »
Read what he says on DROS, he’s a good guy and humble with it, thats the very impression I got of him when chatting to him

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 20, 2023, 06:04:44 pm by Branton Rover »
Hang on I went to meet the owners what did Blunt say to Copps? I must’ve nodded off at that point.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 20, 2023, 06:18:10 pm by knockers »
With Faulkner being recalled I think he’ll play him with Olowu and Anderson for the rest of this seasons games to get them ready for next year.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 20, 2023, 06:35:41 pm by Scooter »
Brilliant news.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 20, 2023, 06:47:59 pm by LincsRover »
That’s great news, I rate him & hoped he’d sign.  :santa:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 20, 2023, 06:48:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hang on I went to meet the owners what did Blunt say to Copps? I must’ve nodded off at that point.

I was referring to this exchange....

"In response to one question about what the board is doing to support head coach Danny Schofield and head of football operations James Coppinger, Blunt said: “I don’t think we have ever knocked anything back that’s been proposed.

"We have got a meeting on Wednesday to look at the prospects for increasing the number of permanent players for next year and I’m not envisaging too many problems around that either.”

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 20, 2023, 07:06:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Jury very much still out on him for me.  Big season for him next year.  Lots of potential but he needs to improve to be at the level we need.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 20, 2023, 07:15:44 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Like it. Hopefully it means this summer we are looking for fewer players in total but with a focus on getting leaders/match winners I.e quality over quantity

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 20, 2023, 07:41:41 pm by GazLaz »
I rate Olowu pretty highly. At 23 he’s not young but she’s still a novice. 50 odd football league games under his belt I believe. Players really start showing what they are all about at around 100 I think. We need to find a way to get another full season of games into both him and Bobby next season. Can it be in the same XI here, possibly, do Olowu, Anderson and Bobby look like a balanced three CH setup, absolutely not.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 20, 2023, 08:22:42 pm by Campsall rover »
I rate Olowu pretty highly. At 23 he’s not young but she’s still a novice. 50 odd football league games under his belt I believe. Players really start showing what they are all about at around 100 I think. We need to find a way to get another full season of games into both him and Bobby next season. Can it be in the same XI here, possibly, do Olowu, Anderson and Bobby look like a balanced three CH setup, absolutely not.
I do not see why not. Play Olowu on the left of the 3. That’s where he has played most of his football for us & left sided centre back in a flat back 4

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 20, 2023, 08:26:48 pm by Lesonthewest »
That's a really positive signing.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 20, 2023, 08:57:26 pm by karldew »
With Faulkner being recalled I think he’ll play him with Olowu and Anderson for the rest of this seasons games to get them ready for next year.

If that happens I can’t see Long being here next season.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 20, 2023, 09:21:48 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Agree, great signing, good business. Strong player, effort and attitude great, and a real connection with the fans. Really pleased.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 20, 2023, 09:50:28 pm by bpoolrover »
Think he has improved massively from when he first signed, I’m not as optimistic as others with him playing at championship level as he makes far to many mistakes, glad he has signed thou

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 20, 2023, 10:00:20 pm by Silkscarf »
I’m really happy with this. It’s great that he’s making his career with us. He seems very pleased to be representing us and he deserves all the love he will continue to get from the fans. He seems like a gent and a quality player. I really want a centre back like him playing for my team.

All these contract signings mean Schofield’s going nowhere so let’s get behind the team for the long haul.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 20, 2023, 10:03:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
I suspect that relatively and for our budget - convincing Hurst and Olowu to sign long term deals would not have been a cheap undertaking. This is what people forget about our budget. Keeping lads like this means likely materially higher wages for them.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 20, 2023, 10:24:04 pm by elmsallrover »
Hold on a minute for the past two seasons we've had the most shambolic defence in a hell of a long time and yet we've signed 2 players that were part of it on 2 an half year deals

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 20, 2023, 10:32:38 pm by dickos1 »
Conceding goals is not all down to the defence, playing last season and the season before with midfielders and forwards that weren’t breaking into a sweat won’t have helped.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 20, 2023, 10:41:21 pm by Silkscarf »
The exit of every player who has worn the shirt in the last 2 years isn’t the way forward. Pick a few good guys and build on them. Yes of course they are not flawless, we’re halfway down tier 4. But the rebuild starts now. I’m OK with who we’ve chosen so far. Others won’t make the cut.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 21, 2023, 12:48:22 am by Colemans Left Hook »
After that "raise the white flag defeat " on Saturday - (according to most posters who saw the game )

I presume they hurried up the announcement  to dangle the carrot in front of season ticket holders ???

a teaser.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 21, 2023, 03:43:25 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He’s earned his new contract, a good signing with more improvement in him.
I would get Faulkner in alongside him and Anderson for the rest of the season. Let’s see if they are capable of forming our back three.

He seems excited for the rest of this season and next. Very happy with the manager that he will back the players if they happen to make errors doing what he has asked.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 21, 2023, 04:13:45 am by Campsall rover »
Conceding goals is not all down to the defence, playing last season and the season before with midfielders and forwards that weren’t breaking into a sweat won’t have helped.
And 2 full backs who were not doing their defensive jobs either.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012