Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:50:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Automatic Promotion
7 (5.1%)
Play-Offs
12 (8.8%)
8th-14th
31 (22.6%)
15th-22nd
56 (40.9%)
Relegation
31 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: April 01, 2023, 10:57:15 am

Author Topic: Where do you feel we will finish next season?  (Read 3282 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Where do you feel we will finish next season?
« on March 30, 2023, 10:57:15 am by ncRover »
This forum has always been the more optimistic side of the fan base compared to Twitter.

Let’s put that to the test.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Where do you feel we will finish next season?
« Reply #1 on March 30, 2023, 11:04:23 am by Alan Southstand »
Relegation, unless there are major positive changes and I mean from the very top to the bottom. I see no other outcomes.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 30, 2023, 11:04:41 am by oggycompton »
18th and below

DollyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 30, 2023, 11:10:42 am by DollyRover »
Sorry, read that as this season (thought it was optimistic giving automatic promotion as an option). That 8-14 should 15-22nd

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 30, 2023, 12:20:22 pm by Cramby10 »
It all depends if dull Danny is still here or not. If he is, just above relegation. If we can get a pragmatic motivational manager that can inspire the fans, bridge the gaping divide between us and the club and drag us along with them then higher.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 30, 2023, 12:25:20 pm by rich1471 »
Unless we sign quality players in the summer ,I will be a long hard season ahead ,nothing I have seen this season says anything else

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 30, 2023, 12:30:43 pm by keith79 »
Champions

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 30, 2023, 12:39:27 pm by Petche »
It all depends if dull Danny is still here or not. If he is, just above relegation. If we can get a pragmatic motivational manager that can inspire the fans, bridge the gaping divide between us and the club and drag us along with them then higher.

Agreed, the manager is killing the squad.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 30, 2023, 12:40:49 pm by BigKeif »
I seriously believe we will finish 18th or below next season with this squad. It needs massive investment because the majority of this squad is appalling and I can’t see the investment that we seriously need being made.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 30, 2023, 01:45:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I honestly think with a fit squad and getting rid of the dead wood, lots of which is out of contract, it’s easily doable to get a squad capable of going up. Solid signings that contribute in key areas are what we need.

The reason I went for 18th or thereabouts is that 1 will we sign solid players that can contribute or will we sign fairies again. And  2 even if we got the players if DS is going to be our manager he’ll make a hash of it and seen our confidence shot by November when someone else has to pick the pieces up.

Usher down the wing.

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 30, 2023, 02:12:42 pm by Usher down the wing. »
Once the new owners are in place, automatic promotion.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 30, 2023, 02:17:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
We create so few chances that we need a striker who can finish on pretty much a 1:1 basis. We’ve got nothing like that. This total absence of attacking threat was seemingly meant to be to adopt more defensive solidity, yet our defence is a disaster zone. They almost always hand a goal out to the opposition to give them a head start.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2023, 02:17:47 pm by Campsall rover »
On the assumption that DS is still our manager in November
15th to 22nd

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2023, 02:37:35 pm by Bessie Red »
I've gone 8th - 14th due to the simple fact that we are so inconsistent and this league is horrendously bad.

There will be some ambitious clubs in the league next year but there will still be 8 - 10 clubs worse than us.
I think the same will happen as this season where we obtain enough points before Christmas to be just outside the playoffs then after Christmas we will pick enough points to to get to 50 points by March and then we will start losing to lower ranked and promotion chasing teams who have something to play for and we will drop down to mid table.

Preferably I would change the Manager now, but is looking unlikely that will happen.

If we don't get enough wins early door next season we could be in serious trouble.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2023, 03:25:34 pm by normal rules »
Some voting for automatics . Do they know something we don’t ? Or has their weekend started early ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 30, 2023, 03:57:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Some voting for automatics . Do they know something we don’t ? Or has their weekend started early ?

It will be dickos. He will have done multiple votes.

Only kidding dickos.  :)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2023, 05:39:27 pm by Branton Red »
I'm concerned we'll stick with Schofield for too long i.e. till well into next season.

I'm concerned he'll stick stubbornly to his wholly ineffective tactics and system.

I'm concerned we'll sign "nice" footballers to fit into his system in the summer rather than battlers with physical attributes we need and currently lack.

I'm concerned therefore that when Scohfield is removed a new manager won't have the tools to improve things.

I'm concerned that we'll be relying on cast offs signed in the January transfer window to turn things around (again).

I'm concerned, based on recent evidence, the Board will sign someone inexperienced and wholly inappropriate to the task at hand as our next manager.

Therefore I'm concerned that we'll get relegated next season. Hence how I've voted.

I hope my concerns are misplaced. But the evidence suggests we've not hit rock bottom yet on this vertiginous slide.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 30, 2023, 05:46:39 pm by Plumbster »
Relegation for me- this sudden claim that we have been doing very well despite the budget has removed all credibility I’m very sorry to say

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 30, 2023, 07:12:38 pm by Rovers91 »
Serious relegation battle, the last 2 and half seasons have been a decline and it will continue if the owners still have the don't want to be here attitude and the current pe teacher in charge.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 30, 2023, 07:38:39 pm by ncRover »
Relegation for me- this sudden claim that we have been doing very well despite the budget has removed all credibility I’m very sorry to say

Many seem to have gotten distracted by it.

19th based on the time since DS arrived, we cannot forget that. That is not budget reflecting where we should be.

Keeping Schofield in charge has gone beyond the fans simply not thinking he’s good enough, most actively dislike him now.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 30, 2023, 08:04:31 pm by LincolnDonny »
Are 7 having a laugh?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 30, 2023, 08:10:42 pm by Upton Rover »
I think majority this season voted automatic promotion, how wrong were we .

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 30, 2023, 08:56:50 pm by danumdon »
We have already entered the roller coaster, and that flows only in on direction, downwards.

Club restricted to "sustainability restrictions"

Means less fans through the gate and a reduction in season tickets sales to "critical levels"

Means club is unable to afford to pay up DS's year on occurring contract

Means lower quality intake of players after we release all the ones we don't want (or cant afford) take your pick.

Means the club persist in Dannyball for next season as well, with "worse" players

Means we panic and get rid of head coach (HOF walks in protest) (saves us another pay off)after Jan.

Means we lumber some poor young inexperienced sap with DS's cast off's

Means we cannot survive the season and get relegated to none league,

Means we then finally sell to some dodgy sort who takes the club to the cleaners,

Means Doncaster Rover fold (again) and reforms in tier 10 oblivion which is a gnats cock better than Donny Sunday League.

We all reminisce about the good times. But with no club.

Thanks for everything Mr Bramall.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 30, 2023, 09:00:29 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Many seem to have gotten distracted by it.

19th based on the time since DS arrived, we cannot forget that. That is not budget reflecting where we should be.

Keeping Schofield in charge has gone beyond the fans simply not thinking he’s good enough, most actively dislike him now.

This is a good point. Don’t believe we are spending mid table money in this division anyway. Just spending it very poorly. But even if Copps genuinely believes it the record of DS is worse than even that.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 30, 2023, 09:10:47 pm by Michael Shaw »
The current trend is :-
EOS (end of season) 2020-21 League One 14th
EOS (end of season) 2021-22 League One 23rd
EOS (end of season) 2022-23 League Two  12th (maybe based on current position, but you did ask now)
so EOS next season will probably be bottom 6 in League Two.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 30, 2023, 09:12:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
14th. 2 good conference sides coming up

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 30, 2023, 09:40:45 pm by scawsby steve »
I said 14th for this season, and it looks about right; so I've gone for 15th to 22nd for next season.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 30, 2023, 10:33:45 pm by normal rules »
83% believe 8th or lower.
That’s a very significant lack of confidence.
And I sadly believe every single percent.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 31, 2023, 07:00:39 am by ncRover »
We have already entered the roller coaster, and that flows only in on direction, downwards.

Club restricted to "sustainability restrictions"

Means less fans through the gate and a reduction in season tickets sales to "critical levels"

Means club is unable to afford to pay up DS's year on occurring contract

Means lower quality intake of players after we release all the ones we don't want (or cant afford) take your pick.

Means the club persist in Dannyball for next season as well, with "worse" players

Means we panic and get rid of head coach (HOF walks in protest) (saves us another pay off)after Jan.

Means we lumber some poor young inexperienced sap with DS's cast off's

Means we cannot survive the season and get relegated to none league,

Means we then finally sell to some dodgy sort who takes the club to the cleaners,

Means Doncaster Rover fold (again) and reforms in tier 10 oblivion which is a gnats cock better than Donny Sunday League.

We all reminisce about the good times. But with no club.

Thanks for everything Mr Bramall.

The decision to sack Schofield should be seen as an investment rather than a cost. It would soon pay for itself.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 31, 2023, 10:45:55 am by steve@dcfd »
To change the decline of the club it will need extra investment. We could sack DS but we have to pay him for 12 months plus we are still paying for GMC until October. We will have a third manager to pay for until October by sacking DS. Then it comes to his assistants and maybe Copps the playing budget will have to drastically increased to cover this and bring in better players and a better manager who will have to see what we are offering before taking the job. So if we continue with reducing the playing budget then we will be relegated next season. It’s down to TB to inject more funds or get in more investment not just club Doncaster.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012