Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:29:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Grimsby Town Game  (Read 6217 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Grimsby Town Game
« Reply #60 on April 10, 2023, 05:06:28 pm by normal rules »
Goalkeeping to blame for that defeat!!!

DS will have none of it. he will talk about "defensive ebad luck". he wont call it how it is.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 10, 2023, 05:08:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

DS will have none of it. he will talk about "defensive ebad luck". he wont call it how it is.

What is he meant to do? Go public and berate his keeper for yet another game-f**king shambles?

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 10, 2023, 05:10:13 pm by firestarter »
5 points from last 30… bottom of form table .. enough is enough

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 10, 2023, 05:11:00 pm by Avsuptem »
Can any of the experts on this forum tell me why Goodman was brought on for the last 30 seconds ?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 10, 2023, 05:11:04 pm by StocksArmy »
The axe has got to come out sooner or later.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 10, 2023, 05:11:37 pm by Canadian Rover »
Can any of the experts on this forum tell me why Goodman was brought on for the last 30 seconds ?

It's a part of the process silly.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 10, 2023, 05:11:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Another defeat more errors only the bottom 2 have loss more games than we have. This can’t continue dropped to 15th, 13 points from relegation it shouldn’t happen but it’s certainly not good enough.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 10, 2023, 05:12:28 pm by normal rules »

What is he meant to do? Go public and berate his keeper for yet another game-f**king shambles?

id respect him more if he did. 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 10, 2023, 05:15:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s a constant cycle of entirely predictable failure and collapse, whether individually or collectively, games lost due to errors, loss of concentration and total absence of backbone. Hopeless again and again.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 10, 2023, 05:16:19 pm by Fal »
As soon as I saw the equaliser and then the amount of added on time I just knew it was going to happen.

This clown needs to go

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 10, 2023, 05:22:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It’s a constant cycle of entirely predictable failure and collapse, whether individually or collectively, games lost due to errors, loss of concentration and total absence of backbone. Hopeless again and again.

I've been saying for 18 months that we haven't got anything remotely resembling a mester in the side.

A force of personality who can rally the side and demand they find that extra 5%.

Instead, as soon as we come under pressure, we dissolve.

Until we get some f**king backbone in the squad, as I keep saying, God Almighty himself couldn't do anything with these players.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 10, 2023, 05:26:09 pm by ian1980 »
As soon as I saw the equaliser and then the amount of added on time I just knew it was going to happen.

This clown needs to go

I said exactly the same to my lad. When the equaliser went in, I said there’s gunna be a lot of injury time and they are going to score again with us sitting back and the amount of pressure their putting on

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 10, 2023, 05:27:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
My fear BST with DS and Copps we will go for nice football players not players with backbone.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 10, 2023, 05:28:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Guessing he might get £300 to £500 for "every appearance" - meaning stepping on the pitch during play ??? I am sure he would appreciate the cash at his age - a farewell present from Schofield

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 10, 2023, 05:48:42 pm by normal rules »
nice to hear michael duff be honest about some of his players on praise or grumble.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 10, 2023, 05:56:01 pm by Chris Black come back »

I've been saying for 18 months that we haven't got anything remotely resembling a mester in the side.

A force of personality who can rally the side and demand they find that extra 5%.

Instead, as soon as we come under pressure, we dissolve.

Until we get some f**king backbone in the squad, as I keep saying, God Almighty himself couldn't do anything with these players.

It's not solved by one man being signed, or even a few men. It's a total mindset and psychology failure at the club. For a few years now it's become accepted somehow that defeat is a minor occupational hazard, an act of god, almost. It's not hardwired into the club that defeat is not acceptable in any way. It's the only way to explain the catastrophic collapse in the club over multiple seasons over multiple managers involving multiple players. This is a squad like those in recent seasons that is entirely comfortable with accepting defeat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 08:14:34 pm by Chris Black come back »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 10, 2023, 05:57:40 pm by ncRover »
This has been a feature of our home games.

The lack of in-game management from Schofield invites pressure in the 2nd half and allows the away side to gain momentum. To the point we can all feel the inevitable is going to happen, and it does.

Schofield showed *some* adaptability after 26 games today (and by the sounds of it at Gillingham) in mixing up the directness of the passing. We got the ball up the pitch a lot quicker in the first half and the game was more enjoyable as a result. The lads got stuck in more and played with more intensity.

I wouldn’t say that any of the outfield players had a bad game. The blame lies with the manager and the goalkeeper. Agard played well but needed subbing off - this reduced our threat and invited pressure as the 2nd half wore on.

For the manager just to watch the game slip away like that with his negative mindset and make consolation subs in 90+6 and 90+9 is criminal. We need a positive and motivational manager NOW.

Without being anything special, the outfield players today showed that they aren’t as bad as the form and stats tables suggest.

Surely I’ve run out of people to argue with Mitchell about by now?

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 10, 2023, 06:03:05 pm by monkeytennis »
Absolutely correct, much better until about 3/4 of the way through then we just ran out of steam and allowed them to press hard without giving anything back. We just weren’t allowed out of our half by them.

We were getting mauled on Molyneux’s wing over and over, cross after cross going into the box.  We could see it clearly from the stand but DS clearly couldn’t see it from the sidelines as he did sweet FA about it then we inevitably conceded. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 10, 2023, 06:04:15 pm by Prez »
My fear BST with DS and Copps we will go for nice football players not players with backbone.

As long as the do good work in the community that’s all that matters eh?

What a joke we are, in fact we aren’t a joke because it’s not even funny.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 10, 2023, 06:06:36 pm by In the box »
The axe has got to come out sooner or later.
What will it take to make it sooner ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 10, 2023, 06:13:57 pm by drfchound »

This clown needs to go

Fal, I’m sorry mate but I can beat that.
At 1-0 and Grimsby pressing us for an equaliser, I said to my mate, if they score I can see them going on and getting a winner.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 10, 2023, 06:23:32 pm by goalkick »
Why do other teams look faster and more determined than us. Most of the time we just amble around. We look like the away side when at home.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 10, 2023, 06:33:06 pm by normal rules »
Why do other teams look faster and more determined than us. Most of the time we just amble around. We look like the away side when at home.

perhaps because half of the playing staff might not be here come season end, so they cant be arsed, and of those remaining, they are either unable or unwilling to play the DS process. whatever that is

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 10, 2023, 06:52:52 pm by Branton Red »
2nd half.

The team that tried to get forward and score goals... scored goals.

The team that sat back and played one lonesome centre forward...didn't score any goals. How surprising!

The team that tried to win the game at 1-0 and 1-1....won the game. And deservedly so.

The team that tried to.....sorry lost my thread. Just what on earth were Rovers trying to do in that second half? What on earth is Schofield trying to achieve with his team instructions match after match?

Does anybody know? It doesn't appear to be scoring goals which I always presumed was the main aim of the sport.

It's not entertaining the fans either. Continual boring dross.

Injuries and personnel are no excuse for the way he sets the team up game after game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 07:04:14 pm by Branton Red »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 10, 2023, 07:35:37 pm by danumdon »
The amount of posters now saying it needs doing now is now beyond the pale, what are the club waiting for?

If this match is not a very good example of what we are talking about then i don't know what else could be.

Only one team in this match in the first half, the tempo was good and we could and should of scored more but the signs were good.

Second half was not not a suprise to anyone else in the stadium except the management it seems that Town would come out firing, so now he has to earn his corn and setup his team to counteract their charge, what does our genius do, he decides to dig in and invite them onto us, how in the nane of god does he not know that whenever we do this then the outcome is confirmed and it's always in the other teams favour, we just cannot hold on and grind out games , its been a constant for the last few years.

But why did he need to do it, we were showing glimpses of decent play with a striker who knew what was required and actually competed for balls and if not winning it made enough of a nuisance to disrupt their defence, we played a much better tempo and the passing was much more incisive, the chances were coming and it seemed only a matter of time that if we kept it up we would score again. All this needed was fresh legs around the hour mark, and in players like Hurst, Goodman and Ravenhill we had the options.

The fact he picked the wrong option tells us everything we need to knew about this coach, while ever he maintains a hole in his ar*e he will not be the right appointment for this club, his reaction to a pressing and attacking team pushing players on was completely wrong and should have been countered with willing runners from us. it was in effect a criminal decision that should lead to him being released from his role, we just cannot proper with this type of man management and we need a major reset.

If Mr B wants to see his cash injection invested in a sensible manner then he need to ensure this football leadership group is nowhere near it, for the sake of everyone involved with the club action is required , right now.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 10, 2023, 07:44:47 pm by ncRover »
Schofield needs to factor something new in to The Process. The fact that there is an opposition manager capable of independent thought and problem solving.

Wherever he goes next that is.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 10, 2023, 08:00:48 pm by normal rules »
Schofield needs to factor something new in to The Process. The fact that there is an opposition manager capable of independent thought and problem solving.

Wherever he goes next that is.

his plan has shown time and again to be incapable of adapting. his plan does not seem to include what the opposition are doing. i do wonder if he does any homework at all on opposing teams? no plan survives contact with the opposition and you have to adapt and change to suit. He has shown time and again he is unwilling or un-capable of doing either

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 10, 2023, 08:57:20 pm by Alickismyhero »
Here we go.

I was satisfied with the performance but not the result.

very impressed with our fantastic goal in fact if he had taken advantage of his chances he would have had a 3.

Mitchell's confidence is shot and should be rested but we have no one else.

We were bullied by a very strong team that kicked anything above the grass.

I feel sure if TA was CB today he would have sorted out the aggression.

Next season we need the sort of players Grimsby had in midfield just look at the yellow cards they got it was a badge of honor.

I am still behind the team, manager, Cops and Bramall.

We are going through bad times but its been worse.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 10, 2023, 09:28:03 pm by scawsby steve »
Here we go.

I was satisfied with the performance but not the result.

very impressed with our fantastic goal in fact if he had taken advantage of his chances he would have had a 3.

Mitchell's confidence is shot and should be rested but we have no one else.

We were bullied by a very strong team that kicked anything above the grass.

I feel sure if TA was CB today he would have sorted out the aggression.

Next season we need the sort of players Grimsby had in midfield just look at the yellow cards they got it was a badge of honor.

I am still behind the team, manager, Cops and Bramall.

We are going through bad times but its been worse.

When was it worse? Late 50s and early 60s? 97/98? Yes, possibly, but there were mitigating factors then. Hubert Bates was a crook who was taking money out rather than putting money in. Ken Richardson was deliberately running the club down, and we had 6 professionals signed on and a dilapidated stadium.

Fast forward, and we have a great stadium, millionaire owners, and in Club Doncaster a regular source of income revenue. There is no excuse for our current predicament. It's just been caused by constant poor decisions by the Chairman, and one of those was the appointment of DS, who is clearly not up to the job.

They now have the chance to rectify that situation, by not trusting DS with the extra injection of cash that Terry's promised us, and bringing someone else in, who has a proven CV at this level.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 10, 2023, 09:33:09 pm by Alickismyhero »
Steve,

The Richardson period was for me the worse period I have experienced.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012