Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:14:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When are the board or HoF going to act…  (Read 2990 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
When are the board or HoF going to act…
« on April 18, 2023, 09:45:02 pm by Filo »
……and sack Schofield, he just hasn’t got a clue!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: When are the board or HoF going to act…
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2023, 09:45:51 pm by keith79 »
They are happy with him.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2023, 09:49:55 pm by Dare to dream! »
He has got to go and go now. This has been going on too long.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2023, 09:51:12 pm by jamesrover17 »
October/November I reckon, when we are rock bottom

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2023, 09:51:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I’d not have the balls to give him a extra couple of million. Even if I was Terry rich a million is a million at the end of the day.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2023, 09:52:09 pm by StocksArmy »
These same threads after every loss are almost as tiresome as the performances.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2023, 09:54:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
Copps said we have a strong squad and we will add to it in the summer he’s got no idea as well he should go as well.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2023, 09:55:25 pm by Retdon1 »
They won’t. Copps is too stubborn to admit he’s made a huge mistake. This will go on until Christmas when he will have burnt the budget on more players not good enough to play what ever style of football he is coaching us to play

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 18, 2023, 09:58:04 pm by Padge_DRFC »

What do you expect to come on a read? Don't come on if you're fed up of it and read it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2023, 10:00:22 pm by normal rules »
Copps said we have a strong squad and we will add to it in the summer he’s got no idea as well he should go as well.
yep and five, yes five of that first half team tonight will form part of copps "strong squad". god help us.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2023, 10:08:10 pm by danumdon »
When it gets t  the point where opposing commentators ae having a good laugh at our expense you just know this has gone on for too long now.

I said on another thread that i didn't care if we didn't win another point all season but just to see us eak out some sort of play that could demonstrate to us that he knows what he's doing.

Unfortunately its just not going to happen is it.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2023, 10:16:50 pm by StocksArmy »

What do you expect to come on a read? Don't come on if you're fed up of it and read it.

I think we all know the need of a new manager. A new thread for it after every poor performance is a little bit silly really. A forum is for opinions and ill keep doing that if thats ok with you.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2023, 10:36:57 pm by mrfrostsdad »

And that's how bad things have got. Do the board/HOF or whoever not realise they are turning fans against each other?
I'm afraid they've done it for me: I'm totally and utterly fed up of driving a 150 round trip to watch utter garbage, and a manager/coach who is clueless.
I've had the same seat in the Keepmoat since the day it opened, and I'm done now. I'm not the only one am I? That's why the date for renewing has been extended to the end of April - lower season ticket sales.
I'm afraid until both Schofield and Coppinger have gone, I've gone too

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2023, 10:41:01 pm by drfchound »
More or less what a friend said to me today, he won’t go again until we get rid of Schofield.
Another ST holder of many years too.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2023, 10:48:43 pm by Campsall rover »
As I have just said on another thread I feel the same hound

If he isn’t sacked I may take my season ticket back

I have only missed about 6 home games since 1998/99 season and they have been because I was on holiday.

I have averaged 19 away games a season for the past 21 seasons

Never felt like this before.
But unless we vote with our feet what is going to be done?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2023, 10:50:43 pm by Canadian Rover »

He also said Brown was better than Knoyle. Which was b*llocks.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2023, 10:57:55 pm by bobbymax »
At the end of the day, the club is a business and if the actions, or inaction, of an individual are negatively impacting that business, they have to be removed.
I don't think there is anyone who would argue that DS is remotely close to doing the job he was hired to do. In fact, all he is doing is driving earning potential away from his employers. No ifs or buts, he simply has to be shown the door!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 19, 2023, 02:19:05 am by bpoolrover »

he possibly is at defending, but offers nothing going forward and as we play 5 at the back he is a complete waste of time, knoyle as a wing back is far better

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 19, 2023, 06:38:35 am by roversdude »
Brown is the laziest player I have ever seen, loses the ball and then walks back. I was gobsmacked

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 19, 2023, 06:42:25 am by drfchound »

If Copps did say that then he isn’t telling the truth.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 19, 2023, 08:03:34 am by swintonrover »

If Copps did say that then he isn’t telling the truth.

He presented a PowerPoint on it at Meet the Owners. At the time, we had a tone of "well he could be right, Brown's not bad".
Since then he's gone massively backwards, like they all have.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 19, 2023, 08:18:08 am by Padge_DRFC »
Brown is a huge downgrade on Knoyle. I am sure someone on this forum put he could play and was the best of the signings.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 19, 2023, 08:50:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
His first few games Brown was very good. He looked a much better defender than Knoyle. He seems to have gone backwards with a lack of confidence or fitness issues.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 19, 2023, 09:57:29 am by Campsall rover »
They have all gone backwards.
Not just Brown.

This coach is destroying them.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 19, 2023, 10:08:06 am by roversdude »
It shows how (dis)organised we are when Mitchell and Long were involved in a spat about what to do with goal kicks

Lazar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 19, 2023, 10:21:33 am by Lazar »
To answer the opening post, October, before being replaced by Greeney following an extensive, industry leading recruitment process.

My main worry is we blunder through the summer, adding technically limited but physical players to our weak ‘technical’ squad, before hoping Green can cajole an even more mismatched squad into avoiding relegation.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 19, 2023, 10:24:56 am by pib »
Surely this can't go on.

The whole situation is utterly depressing and embarrassing for everyone.

I have no axe to grind with DS - I think he comes across as a nice chap, and is a human being, so deserves to be treated with respect. The abuse he suffered at Harrogate on Saturday was horrible and I was absolutely crawling in my own skin for the whole 90+ minutes, it was that uncomfortable to witness.

How long can the club keep up this masquerade though that they have a plan and everything will come good? There is just no sign of it. We're guaranteed our lowest finish in the league structure for 20 years, we've lost as many or more games than Crawley and Hartlepool - objectively 2 of the worst 3 sides in the Football League - and have a pitiful goal difference of -17, which is by quite a distance the worst of any side above the bottom 3.

The question I keep asking myself is WHY do the club keep doing this?

I think responsibility for this rests higher up than DS ultimately. The club repeat the same thing time and time again - they thrust under-qualified and/or inexperienced people into roles that they just haven't (for whatever reason) got the capability of succeeding in, and then they let them take all the flak and abuse before repeating the process again.

It happened with Butler, it happened with McSheffrey, it happened to an extent with Wellens, and it's happening now with Schofield and Coppinger.

It's destroying these people and their reputation/legacy with the club. Butler, Wellens and Coppinger were three stellar representatives of this club on the pitch. McSheffrey, although he didn't play much, most fans had a favourable view of him as a player and coach before he became manager. The former three are all-time greats of DRFC for their performances. They have all come back in non-playing roles and have been absolutely battered by the fan base when it hasn't worked out.

It really pains me to see it, especially with Coppinger.

But it's the club to blame! Why can't they get the best people for the jobs and put aside previous associations with the club?! Or in Schofield's case, why can't they see the utterly demoralising effect it must be having on both him and the fanbase and do something about it? It's not fair. The man must be absolutely broken and I feel sorry for him. He never should've been given the job really. This whole "plan" (if you can call it that) is not right for this club at this time. We don't have solid foundations to build it on, and we're in a league where financially and football-wise none of it adds up and makes sense.

To protect everyone's wellbeing I think the club need to think about serious changes, and fast. I am always reluctant to call for manager's heads, and I'm not particularly doing so because of results in this instance, but the fact that DS is past the point of no return. He shouldn't have been put in this position and it's going to destroy him if it carries on.

Rant over.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 19, 2023, 10:32:43 am by Butchers Red »
Surely this can't go on.

The whole situation is utterly depressing and embarrassing for everyone.

I have no axe to grind with DS - I think he comes across as a nice chap, and is a human being, so deserves to be treated with respect. The abuse he suffered at Harrogate on Saturday was horrible and I was absolutely crawling in my own skin for the whole 90+ minutes, it was that uncomfortable to witness.

How long can the club keep up this masquerade though that they have a plan and everything will come good? There is just no sign of it. We're guaranteed our lowest finish in the league structure for 20 years, we've lost as many or more games than Crawley and Hartlepool - objectively 2 of the worst 3 sides in the Football League - and have a pitiful goal difference of -17, which is by quite a distance the worst of any side above the bottom 3.

The question I keep asking myself is WHY do the club keep doing this?

I think responsibility for this rests higher up than DS ultimately. The club repeat the same thing time and time again - they thrust under-qualified and/or inexperienced people into roles that they just haven't (for whatever reason) got the capability of succeeding in, and then they let them take all the flak and abuse before repeating the process again.

It happened with Butler, it happened with McSheffrey, it happened to an extent with Wellens, and it's happening now with Schofield and Coppinger.

It's destroying these people and their reputation/legacy with the club. Butler, Wellens and Coppinger were three stellar representatives of this club on the pitch. McSheffrey, although he didn't play much, most fans had a favourable view of him as a player and coach before he became manager. The former three are all-time greats of DRFC for their performances. They have all come back in non-playing roles and have been absolutely battered by the fan base when it hasn't worked out.

It really pains me to see it, especially with Coppinger.

But it's the club to blame! Why can't they get the best people for the jobs and put aside previous associations with the club?! Or in Schofield's case, why can't they see the utterly demoralising effect it must be having on both him and the fanbase and do something about it? It's not fair. The man must be absolutely broken and I feel sorry for him. He never should've been given the job really. This whole "plan" (if you can call it that) is not right for this club at this time. We don't have solid foundations to build it on, and we're in a league where financially and football-wise none of it adds up and makes sense.

To protect everyone's wellbeing I think the club need to think about serious changes, and fast. I am always reluctant to call for manager's heads, and I'm not particularly doing so because of results in this instance, but the fact that DS is past the point of no return. He shouldn't have been put in this position and it's going to destroy him if it carries on.

Rant over.

Excellent post and sums it up perfectly.

I'm sure none of us WANT to come across as hating DS or anyone else involved - but emotions are running high and by any objective analysis there is / are no signs of either "the process" either existing or even becoming successful.

As well as our friends from down the M180 going down the plughole- Yeovil have now joined them - and like us have the distinction of beating Brentford in a L1 play off final around 10 years ago, we really are very close to joining those two in an unstoppable slide into oblivion

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 19, 2023, 10:35:26 am by Mike_F »
100% agreed, pib.

I have Schofield a fair bit of stick at Harrogate not because I dislike him as a person but because I thought the club are clearly not going to act, maybe if it's crystal clear that the fans don't want him here he'll take the action himself and resign.

He hasn't packed in and I can only assume that it's because he doesn't want to walk away from a year's salary in compensation. I can't blame him there, I wouldn't do that either. So the board need to make that call and at the very least offer him a negotiated settlement to go now.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 19, 2023, 10:40:41 am by pib »
100% agreed, pib.

I have Schofield a fair bit of stick at Harrogate not because I dislike him as a person but because I thought the club are clearly not going to act, maybe if it's crystal clear that the fans don't want him here he'll take the action himself and resign.

He hasn't packed in and I can only assume that it's because he doesn't want to walk away from a year's salary in compensation. I can't blame him there, I wouldn't do that either. So the board need to make that call and at the very least offer him a negotiated settlement to go now.

Exactly. Managers and head coaches don't generally resign. Unless they're called Darren Ferguson. I suspect DS is hoping to be sacked at this point.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012