Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 08:11:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager and all staff  (Read 3592 times)

donnyfan2

• Forum Member
Manager and all staff
« on April 26, 2023, 11:07:40 am by donnyfan2 »
I dont post very often and I dont like to critisize but enough is enough can someone explain how he is still in a job, 10 games since a win, out of the cup to a low non league club, playing crap to a diminishing crowd.
We need a clearout from top to bottom starting with hof, manager all the coaching staff and most of the players, I am joining the abstainers and wont be going again till they take some action.
We are in deep doodo.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
Re: Manager and all staff
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2023, 11:31:09 am by TonySoprano »
Agree, it's laughable really.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2023, 11:32:08 am by Barmby Rover »
So the owner has nothing to do with it? We need somebody who gives the slightest damn about Doncaster and Rovers to buy out the dreadful leadership that has been in place since JR left. DW has run this club down to nothing.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2023, 11:36:48 am by MachoMadness »
Feel like this thread could have been posted at any point in the last 2 plus years. We've had multiple big clearouts, rebuilds, restructures, whatever you want to call it, in that time which have all yielded consistently terrible results. I would argue the problem therefore lies above the staff and players.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2023, 12:09:34 pm by Cramby10 »
The manager and the staff are the first point of call certainly. This is an entertainment business and what they’re serving up is nothing short of disgusting.
I have always backed the board but I am starting to think change in some way shape or form is needed there too. And it’s the chairman that needs addressing in my opinion.
We are now at a crisis point. The ground next season will be empty. I know very few people who go to rovers, but I do know of 9 less ST’s for next season. The row I sit on is now empty. Not one familiar face to be seen. And judging by the comments on here, this is not an isolated case. This cannot continue!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 12:12:33 pm by Cramby10 »

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2023, 04:51:17 pm by DMnumber4 »
I dont post very often and I dont like to critisize but enough is enough can someone explain how he is still in a job, 10 games since a win, out of the cup to a low non league club, playing crap to a diminishing crowd.
We need a clearout from top to bottom starting with hof, manager all the coaching staff and most of the players, I am joining the abstainers and wont be going again till they take some action.
We are in deep doodo.

Yes. They don't want to pay compensation to two managers - and he doesn't look like walking away any time soon.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2023, 05:37:26 pm by mpc123 »
They keep sending out renew your season ticket, nope not until DS and crew are gone.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2023, 05:47:00 pm by BigH »
Look on the bright side. The savings on win, draw, goal and clean sheet bonuses since February  should pay for a tidy midfielder over the summer.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2023, 06:58:33 pm by silent majority »
We are in deep doodo.

Yes. They don't want to pay compensation to two managers - and he doesn't look like walking away any time soon.

Seriously?

Not even part of the thought process and never has been.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2023, 07:02:42 pm by Upton Rover »
A board that doesn’t care less about the fans views, they will suffer next season

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2023, 07:04:27 pm by Danmckay456 »
Without millers goals I dread to think how worse we would have been thank god for that decent august start.

A perfect summer to rebuild go out and get some experience in  a manager and player wise to get the fans on Board - WHICH IS LONG OVERDUE !!!

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2023, 07:06:42 pm by Danmckay456 »
I’m convinced that this squad would get turned over by most conference sides. A fair few need transfer listing or shipped out

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2023, 07:24:18 pm by Cramby10 »
We are in deep doodo.

Seriously?

sincerely hope you’re right. I’ve a feeling you know something we don’t. I’ve asked you 3 times if dull Danny will be here next season and you’ve ignored me on all occasions. If he was to stay you’d have just come out and said so. Wouldn’t you??

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2023, 07:26:32 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I'd happily sign 2 less decent players to cover his wages to get a new manager in

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2023, 07:30:59 pm by mpc123 »

Surely the board can get 1 decision right one day. I would have said the decisions would have been impossible to be this bad, but obviously not, another really bad one coming, to keep DS, they will never learn, arrogance until they destroy DRFC.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2023, 07:38:46 pm by silent majority »

Surely the board can get 1 decision right one day. I would have said the decisions would have been impossible to be this bad, but obviously not, another really bad one coming, to keep DS, they will never learn, arrogance until they destroy DRFC.

Look, I get your frustration, but wasnt DF, GMcC and DM good choices?

Covid has a lot to answer for.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2023, 08:06:39 pm by mpc123 »
I see your point they were good appointments.

Everybody had covid to deal with though and sure it would be hard.

I cant see many having the drop that we have had though.

It's the decisions in the difficult times that count.

TB is putting his money in, so thankful to him.

The real decision needs now to happen with the manager, it is the wrong one again, many can see it, like the Butler, mccsheffrey and now DS.

None of the3 you mentioned had the fans in meltdown, the last 3 have and those are the 3 that have now failed.

It must stand out surely.

The opportunity to get Warnock, we missed out on, wrong decision.

Is it possible to get MCcann, we should try.

Sorry SM it's not good enough as our complete collapse has shown, but still they choose to stick with their failing decision.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2023, 08:32:58 pm by Danmckay456 »

At effected every team , not just the rovers who have used this excuse far too often

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2023, 08:43:33 pm by drfchound »
We are in deep doodo.

Seriously?

sincerely hope you’re right. I’ve a feeling you know something we don’t. I’ve asked you 3 times if dull Danny will be here next season and you’ve ignored me on all occasions. If he was to stay you’d have just come out and said so. Wouldn’t you??

It depends on how you want to take “not even part of the thought process”.
In one sense it might not be the case because it is more important to appoint a new manager when DS is shown the door.
Alternatively, it might not be in the thought process because it doesn’t have to be because DS is going nowhere.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 26, 2023, 09:13:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
In my hopeful moments I do start believing that there will be action at the end of the season. The deals have hopefully been done they are just letting the season run it’s course before saying bye to Danny and giving someone more exciting a chance.

I just can’t get my head around taking such a risk with TBs cash. Fair enough if it’s self funding there’s a limit to how much harm a maniac can do. If he’s physically wasting your own money it’s got to get the proper attention

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2023, 09:29:23 pm by mpc123 »
I fearfully think there will be no comeback after next season with DS.

We are in real trouble.

I told you so after another Rovers crash is not good enough.

His interview on radio sheffield
 nearly put me to sleep never mind his so called football.

I cant see him and copps motivating anyone to be honest, they are both monotone.

We have no one with real excitement anymore.

Lost faith totally in the club, so gutted.

Then I get a renew your season tickets letter. The marketing guys should be on 100% commission on every season ticket for next year.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2023, 09:42:09 pm by silent majority »

The real decision needs now to happen with the manager, it is the wrong one again, many can see it, like the Butler, mccsheffrey and now DS.

None of the3 you mentioned had the fans in meltdown, the last 3 have and those are the 3 that have now failed.

Sorry SM it's not good enough as our complete collapse has shown, but still they choose to stick with their failing decision.

Yes everybody did have Covid to deal with, but it affected some clubs more than others and each club dealt with it in a different way meaning the outcomes varied from club to club. We had DM and were doing OK, he buggers off but with some changes in playing staff and the approach to new recruitment. It's not an excuse, its more of the way I viewed things at the time.

Butler was never a permanent appointment so I often think that's a red herring that is thrown into the argument to make things look worse than they were. You forgot RW who I always thought was a poor appointment, I wanted it to work despite my reservations but it wasn't to be. Maybe right manager wrong time? Who knows.

Opportunity to get Warnock? Never in a million years! It was never an option and therefore can't have been the wrong decision either.

Yes there's been some wrong decisions I get that, but to suggest they get everything wrong and then some is a bit of a stretch.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2023, 09:48:32 pm by silent majority »

At effected every team , not just the rovers who have used this excuse far too often
We are in deep doodo.

Seriously?

In one sense it might not be the case because it is more important to appoint a new manager when DS is shown the door.
Alternatively, it might not be in the thought process because it doesn’t have to be because DS is going nowhere.

I've said this before so I'll say it again, saving money on one persons wages is a drop in the ocean when running a football club. You can't, and won't make a decision based on a sum of money like that, it costs far more to suffer the way we are doing than it does to part company, or rejig the management staff. It's just illogical to suggest that's the major reason for not making changes.

It was the same with the 'cheap option' jibes, there is no cheap option and to put the health of a football club at stake to save £20, £30k a season is just ridiculous.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2023, 10:01:30 pm by mpc123 »
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not suggesting they get everything wrong at all, the last 3 I mentioned were and still are a nightmare.

I desperately hoped for Wellens to work too, the reason I didn't put him in was the same as you, I'll give the board the benefit of the doubt there,  just wrong time.

It's come down to now though SM, we are terrible and now happy to take a risk to continue to be terrible.

Injuries aren't an excuse because we were terrible before them.

No other club would allow this, this is what I'm getting at. It makes no sense to keep DS at all.

I dont want to walk away but I am. I can't support what is happening, I feel too strongly about the club.

Thanks for the feedback on Warnock.... interesting.

Now GM, I wonder then if that is also a very big pipe dream, i fear so but at least it keeps me slightly positive. I'll continue to look out for the results next year. Slippery slope it is then, I'm confident of that and I can normally take a positive from anything.

Thanks for your time to answer again, SM.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2023, 10:12:10 pm by pib »
Sorry but the Butler decision, temporary or otherwise, was absolutely batshit given the position we were in. Similarly with McSheffrey.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 26, 2023, 10:17:37 pm by drfchound »

We are in deep doodo.

Seriously?

I've said this before so I'll say it again, saving money on one persons wages is a drop in the ocean when running a football club. You can't, and won't make a decision based on a sum of money like that, it costs far more to suffer the way we are doing than it does to part company, or rejig the management staff. It's just illogical to suggest that's the major reason for not making changes.

It was the same with the 'cheap option' jibes, there is no cheap option and to put the health of a football club at stake to save £20, £30k a season is just ridiculous.

Martin, I’m glad to hear that paying DS off should he be fired wouldn’t be a consideration but surely it would be more like £150,000 or so rather than £20k to £30k if he is on a rolling twelve month contract as has been reported.  Also, would some of his support staff go with him and also have to be paid up.
Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?
I agree that the health of the club is paramount above all else and in my earlier post I was pointing out that some people may have read “not even part of the thought process” differently to others.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2023, 06:05:46 am by NickDRFC »
I’m guessing the £20k/£30k reference is the difference between Manager A’s salary and Manager B’s salary. Which is weird given we’ve been told many, many times that the salary is the same for any candidate.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2023, 07:09:44 am by lee.j09 »

Yes everybody did have Covid to deal with, but it affected some clubs more than others and each club dealt with it in a different way meaning the outcomes varied from club to club. We had DM and were doing OK, he buggers off but with some changes in playing staff and the approach to new recruitment. It's not an excuse, its more of the way I viewed things at the time.

Butler was never a permanent appointment so I often think that's a red herring that is thrown into the argument to make things look worse than they were. You forgot RW who I always thought was a poor appointment, I wanted it to work despite my reservations but it wasn't to be. Maybe right manager wrong time? Who knows.

Opportunity to get Warnock? Never in a million years! It was never an option and therefore can't have been the wrong decision either.

Yes there's been some wrong decisions I get that, but to suggest they get everything wrong and then some is a bit of a stretch.

They’ve made and continue to make poor decisions throughout the club not just on the footballing side of things.

Why would covid affect us more than any other club?

Why would you make an appointment of butler, inexperienced, temporary as you call it. When you’re actually in the running for a shout at promotion?

Why would you continue then to make another appointment of the same ilk when you’re desperate to stay in a league? Mcsheffery.

And then the appointment of the exact same with DS… honestly ridiculous.

You really are ultra defensive of the board and I’m not really sure why.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2023, 07:25:26 am by ctay »
I am interested in thinking that the Ritchie appointment was poor.. why was that SM?

On another note, covid was a funny one and I don't understand how clubs made money and others scream poverty from it. Maybe it comes down to how well run they are.

On cheap appointments, one of our main sponsors was told by someone at the top that they went with GM so they could bring a couple more players in. The club wouldn't appointment someone like Warnock because they wouldn't like the home truths he told them, but lets be honest that type of manager would never have come in to the thinking of this board. We just appear to stay clear of anyone with any experience.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2023, 07:36:16 am by ncRover »
It’s nice at least to hear that between JC and DS they have identified the need for more leaders, speed and physicality.

It’s also nice to hear that the majority of targets have been identified and that work is underway to try to secure them. The last few seasons have felt like making it up as they go along and scrambling around last minute.

Whether the identified targets would choose us right now over our competitors is the issue.

We have to hope that the execution of transfers is now right and based on a bit more than if they are pleasant young men and wishful thinking.

Good recruitment is our safety net against the risk of DS being in charge come the start of the season. A lot of clubs have sacked managers this season and haven’t had a turbulent time because of it. If we have a cohesive and effective league 2 squad that ticks the boxes we don’t have to worry as much if there is a rejig come September / October.

The club won’t keep him in charge if he continues to fail.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012