Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:33:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Physical striker  (Read 11432 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Physical striker
« Reply #60 on May 13, 2023, 09:30:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Selby, when you said Anderson, did you mean Adamson?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 13, 2023, 09:32:22 pm by knockers »
Sam Smith has left Cambridge following the expiry of his contract. Almost certainly out of our league though.

Don’t want any Fisherthem round here!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 13, 2023, 10:16:05 pm by selby »
  Yes Alan thanks for the correction, a senior moment or two.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 14, 2023, 08:29:38 am by Chris Black come back »
His recruitment priorities to just plug holes in the current squad:

Goalkeeper
Right back
2 x central midfielders
Central striker

Beyond these necessities, recruitment is then optional including for how he wants to set up play, but could include wide player(s) to give options to Hurst and Taylor (if fit), central defensive leader and a second keeper if Jones leaves.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 14, 2023, 08:34:28 am by DonnyOsmond »
He's played 4-2-3-1 more than 4-3-3 since leaving us.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 14, 2023, 08:40:51 am by roversdude »
As long as he doesn’t keep banging about process and moments

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 14, 2023, 09:02:29 am by Campsall rover »
His after match interviews I know word for word.
Every single one of them was identical.
Nothing personal but he wouldn’t motivate me. You would feel flat as a pancake before you went out to play after listening to him in the dressing room.

Just the first half dozen words from GM’s interview on his arrival this week got me off my seat.
He is someone you can believe what he is saying. He actually knows what he is saying is something he will achieve. 

Just can’t believe how bad DS was as a 1st Team head coach. Unbelievably bad. He needs to start in the National league North if he wants to be a Manager / Head Coach.
Otherwise go back to coaching a Development U23 team or a Youth team where results are not the primary consideration and objective.

Thank you to whoever made this decision to dispose of DS you saved our football club from disaster.
Thank you Gavin Baldwin who I gather made the initial approach to Grant McCann. An inspired decision and one I believe will reap great dividends for this football club.

If we keep GM for 4/5 years and back him with the finance, then I believe we have every chance of seeing Championship football in 2027/28
Not saying it will happen but we have a serious chance.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 14, 2023, 09:40:26 am by roversdude »
Camps it will be great to hear what the players actually thought further down the line.
DS is possibly an excellent coach but needs an FA course on management to go with the coaching badge

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 14, 2023, 10:31:08 am by Campsall rover »
Camps it will be great to hear what the players actually thought further down the line.
DS is possibly an excellent coach but needs an FA course on management to go with the coaching badge
You don’t need courses to be able to Manage.
That comes from within imo.
You either can or you can’t. Only the experience of doing it can make you better at it.
Warnock and Evans are no great tactical wizz kids but by heck they can motivate.
Warnock is the top man can do it with Championship and lower end Premier league teams. Evans with Lower league Clubs.
No one taught them, no management courses for them I am pretty sure. Just have the personalities to do it.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 14, 2023, 11:42:57 am by NickDRFC »
You either can or you can’t. Only the experience of doing it can make you better at it.
Warnock and Evans are no great tactical wizz kids but by heck they can motivate.
Warnock is the top man can do it with Championship and lower end Premier league teams. Evans with Lower league Clubs.
No one taught them, no management courses for them I am pretty sure. Just have the personalities to do it.

Steve Evans, Neil Warnock and Grant McCann all have UEFA Pro Licences so have done significantly more management training than Danny Schofield.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 14, 2023, 12:09:23 pm by roversdude »
It was tongue in cheek

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 14, 2023, 12:21:39 pm by NickDRFC »
It was tongue in cheek

I was replying to Campsall’s assertion that “No one taught them, no management courses for them I am pretty sure”.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 14, 2023, 12:51:01 pm by Campsall rover »

Steve Evans, Neil Warnock and Grant McCann all have UEFA Pro Licences so have done significantly more management training than Danny Schofield.
Well what I meant Nick was any Management courses they have been on, Pro Licence etc is not the reason they have been successful.
They are in their 70’s and 60’s and have vastly more experience than DS
You cant buy experience and you can’t do courses to change your personality. 

My wording was misleading Nick . Yes they will have Pro Licences of course.  :)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 14, 2023, 12:53:05 pm by Campsall rover »
It was tongue in cheek
Yes I assumed that.  :)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 14, 2023, 02:17:36 pm by turnbull for england »

It's a big Country

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 14, 2023, 03:23:48 pm by i_ateallthepies »

F@*%ing Hell, we've even got Selby talking about 'moments' now.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 14, 2023, 08:02:52 pm by Butchers Red »
If only we could get someone like Andy Cook who once again is kicking arse against Carlisle as we speak - top pro and always a pleasure to watch - surely the player of the year in League 2??

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 14, 2023, 08:41:24 pm by selby »
  When you are over 75 yrs old Iaatp's you are allowed as many moments as you like, in fact everything comes down to moments when in the past you could go on for hours.
  The wife is usually the first to notice.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 14, 2023, 09:47:19 pm by ncRover »
If only we could get someone like Andy Cook who once again is kicking arse against Carlisle as we speak - top pro and always a pleasure to watch - surely the player of the year in League 2??

We see far more goals like Bradford's tonight than total football goals in this league.

Will be interesting to see if Notts County can continue their possession style against more energetic high-pressing teams in this division.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 15, 2023, 06:39:18 am by Alan Southstand »
Anybody else think Bradford will bottle it in the second leg? 1-0 is better than 0-0, but it’s hardly over and done with (unlike Peterborough’s position).

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 15, 2023, 08:27:48 am by Campsall rover »
Anybody else think Bradford will bottle it in the second leg? 1-0 is better than 0-0, but it’s hardly over and done with (unlike Peterborough’s position).
I think Bradford will get a draw in 2nd leg. It’s far from over in both games. Both perfectly set up for 2nd leg
The only thing we can say with confidence is Sheff Wed will be playing League 1 football again next season.
Oh what a shame.   :clapping:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 15, 2023, 08:59:45 am by ncRover »
Bradford stronger than Carlisle for me.

I don’t think Stockport will get back in to it. Main striker is injured and you can just let a side like that pass around their back 3.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 15, 2023, 10:29:21 am by Bessie Red »

I don’t think Stockport will get back in to it. Main striker is injured and you can just let a side like that pass around their back 3.

Thought Carlisle were much the better side and unlucky not to win the game, if they aye like that at home they will progress to the final. Also I think Stockport will progress.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 01, 2023, 07:47:32 am by idler »
My mate was telling me about Andy Cook last night.
Apparently Wrexham offered 135,000 for Cook in January.
City asked him to stay saying they would talk to him at the end of the season or he could leave as a free agent.
He stayed and has now rejected Wrexham again and signed a three year deal with City.
His wife said that at this stage of his career he needed to do what was best for his family. City must have matched or been near whatever Wrexham offered so maybe they aren't splashing as much cash as people expected.
The mate has been watching City since 1959 and as I live in Bradford I do trust his sources.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 01, 2023, 08:27:14 am by Campsall rover »
I think Bradford will get a draw in 2nd leg. It’s far from over in both games. Both perfectly set up for 2nd leg
The only thing we can say with confidence is Sheff Wed will be playing League 1 football again next season.
Oh what a shame.   :clapping:
Oh dear.  :chair:   :crying:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 01, 2023, 08:40:24 am by i_ateallthepies »
Not been a great season of predictions for you, Campsall eh  :rolleyes:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 01, 2023, 08:46:11 am by ncRover »

Nailed it
 :lol:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 01, 2023, 08:50:50 am by Chris Black come back »
I don’t think many of us 12 month ago looked ahead and saw the season to come unwinding as pitifully as it did, but there were some absolutely catastrophic predictions last summer - Rovers to win the title and Miller to score 30 goals springs to mind. I can only assume people didn’t really believe this could happen but projected what they hoped would happen. If they really did believe that, the authorities need to intervene and take care of them.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:55:23 am by Chris Black come back »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 01, 2023, 02:40:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Not been a great season of predictions for you, Campsall eh  :rolleyes:
It never is. I used to be quite good 15/20 yrs ago.
More recently I am useless.  :facepalm:

I will keep making them though. It’s good fun and always brings me back down to earth making me realise watching Football for over 60 yrs counts for nothing really.

It’s the unpredictable nature of Football and most Sports that makes it interesting.  :)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 09, 2023, 04:45:00 pm by ncRover »
Agreed with Baz, a big lump like Matt Smith is no good.

Joe Ironside from Cambridge fits the bill, good in the air and hard working. 14 goals in L1 last season and 14 in L2 the season before getting Cambridge promoted. Is from Middlesbrough like Copps so could easily be talked in to a move up north. Out of contract.

:woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012