Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 03:49:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Final position  (Read 2209 times)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Final position
« on May 08, 2023, 02:16:22 pm by ChrisBx »
With Rovers losing and Gillingham winning, we look set to finish the season in 18th place. Our lowest position in the pyramid for 20 years and our worst finish in the 4th tier since 1997/98.

Heads must roll this week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Final position
« Reply #1 on May 08, 2023, 02:20:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Remember when everyone cried when Gab Sutton predicted us to finish 20th. :laugh:

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 08, 2023, 02:27:37 pm by colincramb »
It’s an absolute disaster of a season and an utter disgrace. Only Rochdale have lost more games than us. Just let that sink in for a minute.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 08, 2023, 02:29:14 pm by TonySoprano »
"Bounce back decisively "

What a truely horrible man

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 08, 2023, 02:30:49 pm by Cramby10 »
Remember when everyone cried when Gab Sutton predicted us to finish 20th. :laugh:
I’ve no clue who this is chap but I remember somebody on the football league show predicting that we would get chewed up and spat out this season in league 2.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2023, 02:32:05 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Wonder if he knew we'd put someone worse than Weaver in charge

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2023, 02:36:37 pm by pib »
What an absolutely embarrassing, depressing and shameful season.

18th in the basement division, losing precisely half of our games (only Rochdale accumulated more losses), and a goal difference of -19, comfortably the worst outside the bottom 3 teams in the entire Football League.

The people in charge of this football club need to take some serious action this summer. It's going to take a monumental effort to turn this around and raise the rock-bottom morale that has set in. Are they capable? I'm not getting my hopes up on the basis of their efforts to-date.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2023, 02:38:14 pm by timdrfc »
Only Rochdale lost more games than us this season, shambolic

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2023, 02:41:40 pm by In the box »
What an absolutely embarrassing, depressing and shameful season.

18th in the basement division, losing precisely half of our games (only Rochdale accumulated more losses), and a goal difference of -19, comfortably the worst outside the bottom 3 teams in the entire Football League.

The people in charge of this football club need to take some serious action this summer. It's going to take a monumental effort to turn this around and raise the rock-bottom morale that has set in. Are they capable? I'm not getting my hopes up on the basis of their efforts to-date.
You can’t turn around this type of failing mindset easily without a putting someone in charge who has vision and the ability to communicate his thoughts onto the pitch . Schofield is not that man !!

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 08, 2023, 02:41:50 pm by DD »
But people must realise - it is not just Schofield who should go but Copps! Or may I suggest Copps becomes “Club Ambassador” - he should be no where near player selection / tactics - this partnership is not working - get rid now - or else we are looking at the road map to places like Dorking or Maidenhead - the death of our club

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2023, 02:42:26 pm by BigKeif »
The other thing as well, was only about 6/8 weeks ago when we were around 12th and copps was defending our position due to the budget and being above all the other relegated teams from last season, to now finishing 6 places below our budget in 18th and below Crewe and Gillingham!

How’s copps going to defend that now to protect his new best mate?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 08, 2023, 02:42:34 pm by TonySoprano »
It won't change unless there's a root and branch change in the boardroom.

They won't change their philosophy overnight.

As a bare minimum blunt needs to go, and give up his shares followed by the recruitment of a experienced manager with a proven track record.

I'd personally prefer a complete regime change, as I feel its the only way to get fans back onside. If that happens there will be a groundswell in support and and positivity.

The toxicity caused by blunt and brammall is going to take some getting rid of.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2023, 02:43:13 pm by mushRTID »

Although he wasn’t far off in the end, surely his prediction is also a bit lucky?

There is no way on earth he could have know GM was going to replaced by such a disaster.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2023, 02:43:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
How bad could it have been if we weren’t a Well Run Club.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2023, 02:47:23 pm by Pliskin »
Unfortunately for us, the people who matter seem to think that simply loosening the purse strings a bit is going to fix everything. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as simple as that.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 08, 2023, 02:49:04 pm by Lesonthewest »
Walsall had won 1 in 22 games, & were still comfortably the better side. How much more do we have to take from a coach who is totally & utterly out of his depth. Seventy odd minutes before our first corner.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 08, 2023, 02:49:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
At least we're sustainable.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 08, 2023, 02:50:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
I also don’t think money alone will solve this. For nearly three years now there has been an absolute acceptance of defeat and failure. Talented players underperforming, shoulder shrugging approach to everything. That we’ve given long extensions to senior players responsible for this multi-season disaster really beggars belief.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 08, 2023, 02:51:16 pm by Sprotyrover »
The money Tb Saves by sacking Blunt (rest assured TB will be paying him) The Director of Football and Our current manager would enable us to Get a Big Gun in like Warnock!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 03:12:32 pm by Sprotyrover »

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 08, 2023, 02:53:44 pm by andyst79 »
Walsall had won 1 in 22 games, & were still comfortably the better side. How much more do we have to take from a coach who is totally & utterly out of his depth. Seventy odd minutes before our first corner.
Yeah but it's going to be ok next season because most of our current players are crap and once we sign better players to fit the system we will be flying. We must trust the process!

Lazar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 08, 2023, 02:55:05 pm by Lazar »
At least we didn’t do a Bury

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 08, 2023, 03:33:52 pm by keith79 »
Please be kind. We have people on here who back the board and talk to them regularly.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 08, 2023, 03:48:21 pm by Bills view »
I didn't see the final third of the season but based on the performances I saw before choosing alternative Saturday afternoon fare, the finishing position is about right and could have been worse.

It's a shambles.

We have to have far higher aspirations.

When the rot sets in you need to get rid and start afresh. A bit like my lawn seed just starting to grow.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 08, 2023, 04:05:52 pm by normal rules »
Has he engaged “full throttle “ yet?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 08, 2023, 04:19:34 pm by danumdon »
The worst thing for me is the total ambivalence in allowing twenty years of hard graft, planning, money and commitment to be spaffed away by people playing at being in charge but having precisely no idea what to do with it.

From the top down this club has allowed amateurs to take control, install and cooperate with even bigger rank amateurs in running the club. Its been one disaster after another for so long now that it's really not funny anymore.

The performance today was typical of what we've come to expect from the club, but if this management group is supposedly staying for next season where was the imagination of preparation for the new term? where was the change of tactics, blooding of our young prospects to try to stem endemic failure, where was the HC's rallying call to the players to end the season on some sort of high, just nothing, its like we can all just forget the whole season and pretend it never happened, and next year we'll all be millionaires!

To me what we have witnessed is a grave lack of anything approaching a professionally run club, we have senior management who don't know anything about or give a fig for the game, appointing a team management who act like wooden blocks and have no sensitivity towards the support base who are screaming out for some professionalism. We just exist on a model of cheap is good and we will get by on it.

Well guess what, this season has shown them that no we wont get by on this strategy, we are on course to loose our league position on what we have witnessed and what we are about to continue to witness.

No one at the club is listening or they are just ignoring the protests because they think they know best, they don't and what's more the continually prove this. We have become a shambles.

I just can't see a solution to this under this administration, we don't need your money TB, it will just go to waste again with the amateurs you have put in place, the only honourable thing left for you to do is advertise your option to move te club on so we can get someone people in who have the drive, ambition and commitment to run a football club, no one at the ECO  can say they have any of these requirements.

Just one word for it all, hopelessness.

Major, major reset required.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 08, 2023, 04:56:25 pm by normal rules »
The only plausible explanation for this utter madness of a situation Is copps has some inner belief that he and Schofield are the men to turn this around.
However. If Schofield is seen to continue to fail next season, after money has been spent, this is not going to reflect well on either of them. Copps cannot scapegoat him by saying he was given everything he needed to turn it around and he failed. The book stops with coppinger. If Schofield fails, then so does coppinger.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 08, 2023, 05:00:20 pm by silent majority »
The money Tb Saves by sacking Blunt (rest assured TB will be paying him) The Director of Football and Our current manager would enable us to Get a Big Gun in like Warnock!

Just plainly ridiculous.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 08, 2023, 05:01:24 pm by silent majority »
Please be kind. We have people on here who back the board and talk to them regularly.

Do you want to be clear on what mud you're throwing?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 08, 2023, 05:02:33 pm by mushRTID »
The only plausible explanation for this utter madness of a situation Is copps has some inner belief that he and Schofield are the men to turn this around.
However. If Schofield is seen to continue to fail next season, after money has been spent, this is not going to reflect well on either of them. Copps cannot scapegoat him by saying he was given everything he needed to turn it around and he failed. The book stops with coppinger. If Schofield fails, then so does coppinger.

I know a lot has happened since, but Copps couldn’t speak highly enough of DS at the MTO.
He even said he’d “exceeded my expectations”.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 08, 2023, 05:05:51 pm by Donnyjim »
Without some major changes we are absolutely nailed on for relegation next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012