Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:41:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What happens  (Read 3934 times)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
What happens
« on May 09, 2023, 08:24:58 pm by Guernsey Exile »
If it's not McCann

Fan base has crumbled. But it seems on one subject there is consensus.  McCann is the popular choice.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: What happens
« Reply #1 on May 09, 2023, 08:27:10 pm by ChrisBx »
There's other names that are good options. Most seem to accept that DS needed to go, therefore I think any new manager (unless it's a completely illogical appointment) will have the chance to win fans over.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 09, 2023, 08:56:35 pm by EasyforDennis »
As long as it isn't Karl Robinson.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 09, 2023, 09:05:18 pm by Alickismyhero »

It looks like it is going to be GM.

Not to my liking because he will be off as soon as a bigger club comes looking for him.

But did he not say he will only "have players who want to play for Donny" and then disappeared himself !!!!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 09, 2023, 09:28:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Better than sticking around when he didn’t want to be here (like Moore for a few months)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 09, 2023, 09:34:39 pm by roversdude »
Yes he never went on and on about the project and community like DM did only to drop it for a few groats,

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 09, 2023, 09:51:11 pm by normal rules »

Not to my liking because he will be off as soon as a bigger club comes looking for him.

But did he not say he will only "have players who want to play for Donny" and then disappeared himself !!!!

I believe the club have leant from this and the moore scenario . It should be covered in contract.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2023, 06:22:32 am by Padge_DRFC »
If Hull City come again. What manager would stay never mind McCann?

roversareback

« Reply #8 on May 10, 2023, 07:10:13 am by roversareback »
If Hull City come again. What manager would stay never mind McCann?

Not even the most diehard rovers fan can say they’d resist, I doubt I’d stay.

Football is like any other industry, If you can double your wages then why wouldn’t you?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2023, 07:26:46 am by roverstillidie91 »
Why would you not better yourself though?

At the end of the day if you are going to be offered a job by a club who is substantially bigger of course in DM with Sheffield Wednesday who have potential get crowds of over 30,000 and a bigger budget plus higher wages you are going to take it.

And we are all no different, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

To be fair the managerial recruitment was spot on since appointing Darren Ferguson in 2015 it's just when we appointed Andy Butler we seemed to go down the slippery slope so am hoping even if we recruit whoever and they leave that we get on that same track again.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2023, 07:29:26 am by ChrisBx »
The issue for me at the time wasn't that he left, it was that he left so soon after dismantling the squad and making public comments about loyalty to the club.

I was very angry at the time, in part because we'd lost a very good manager. We've all moved on from that now and I'd very much welcome McCann back providing it's on the right contract. I'm sure he'll have learnt from the manner of his departure also.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2023, 08:09:32 am by Thorney »
If it is mcann then I'd like to see him acknowledge that he didn't do us any favours by the way he departed last time and not just forget it like it never happened.
I think just a sentence to state that he could of left on better terms may make people who currently hold it against him come back round.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2023, 11:53:00 am by Fur Calf »
McCann did what everyone would do in his position, sell your labour to the highest bidder and look after your family.  He did the right thing so people need to get over themselves and stop living in dream land.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2023, 11:59:44 am by anton123 »
I feel this deal with McCann is done and dusted but just not announced it yet out of respect to schofield

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2023, 12:17:52 pm by thumper »
It might have just been timing, dismantled the squad, was ready to rebuild it but then got the higher offer. At the end of the day 99% would have done the same thing as him by accepting an offer from a club in a higher league

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2023, 04:41:33 pm by Pside »
Alan Nixon tweeted they (us) need to hurry up and get it done as other clubs are looking. Be just classic us wouldn’t it if we didn’t get it over the line

ROKERITE

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2023, 05:00:05 pm by ROKERITE »

It certainly does look like it's going to be McCann. I've been very surprised how popular a choice he is among Donny supporters as I thought there'd be more resistance to his return. He will probably do well but I'd like to have seen the Cowleys installed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2023, 05:30:12 pm by selby »
  The silver lining is other clubs will only come in for him if he is successful here, and rightly so.
  He has been out of work for  a while now, and the fact that DF has got Peterborough in the play offs with much the same players will not have done his reputation any good, and other clubs have not exactly been falling over themselves for his services since he left Peterborough as far as I can see.
  So I think he needs to do well here with us, and we certainly need to do well for him, a good place to be if we get the players to satisfy both parties.
  Add a good fee for his release if others do covet him for the work he does here and both parties should do well if we return to winning ways, what's not to like?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2023, 05:32:44 pm by Draytonian III »
McCann did what everyone would do in his position, sell your labour to the highest bidder and look after your family.  He did the right thing so people need to get over themselves and stop living in dream land.

Correct

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2023, 07:46:43 pm by roversdude »

Correct

Guilty of doing just that

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2023, 08:01:35 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
These managers aren’t rovers fans, it’s a job to them, it isn’t personal when they leave. We shouldn’t expect loyalty, because if they don’t perform they are straight out of the door. They have every right to take advantage when another club wants their services, because they have performed well. Most of fans anger is because they’re disappointed because they’ve lost a good manager.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2023, 08:07:54 pm by LincolnDonny »
We need EVERYONE out staking out fish and Chip shops /reastaurants in and around Doncaster and Bawtry lol

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2023, 08:13:11 pm by scawsby steve »

It certainly does look like it's going to be McCann. I've been very surprised how popular a choice he is among Donny supporters as I thought there'd be more resistance to his return. He will probably do well but I'd like to have seen the Cowleys installed.

The Cowleys have been sh*t since they left Lincoln. McCann gave us an entertaining, attacking side that played Charlton off the park in that play-off semi final second leg.

As regards resistance, most of us are aware that ALL managers will f*ck off if a better offer comes along.

The only loyalty in football is with the fans.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2023, 08:18:02 pm by LincolnDonny »

The Cowleys have been sh*t since they left Lincoln. McCann gave us an entertaining, attacking side that played Charlton off the park in that play-off semi final second leg.

As regards resistance, most of us are aware that ALL managers will f*ck off if a better offer comes along.

The only loyalty in football is with the fans.

All Lincoln Supporters still feel let down by the Cowleys' as they had said they wanted to take Lincoln into the Championship (brother and dad still mentions it)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2023, 08:19:17 pm by Ryaldinhio »
I'd have him back but get the contract right. None of this giving ppl 12m rolling contract. All slagging GM off but the club didn't commit to him. He has a family to think of aswell same as any working man. Loyalty and faith works both ways, the clubs contractual idea to 'protect the club' is what caused the issue IMO

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 10, 2023, 08:22:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We need EVERYONE out staking out fish and Chip shops /reastaurants in and around Doncaster and Bawtry lol

Genuinely saw Gavin Baldwin at Dunkin donuts this evening on a lengthy phone call

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 10, 2023, 08:22:24 pm by Sprotyrover »
Club should use the Carrot trick with McCann give him a decent wage and offer whacking bonuses for promotion’s

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 10, 2023, 08:28:27 pm by mushRTID »

Genuinely saw Gavin Baldwin at Dunkin donuts this evening on a lengthy phone call

Did he looked stressed?

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 10, 2023, 08:31:35 pm by LincolnDonny »

Did he looked stressed?

Squeeky Donut time?

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 10, 2023, 08:35:25 pm by jamesrover17 »
Hope the media fanfare behind this has alerted any other potential clubs… Thinking MK Dons…

TinyPortal © 2005-2012