Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:28:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Close and Molyneux  (Read 2768 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Close and Molyneux
« on May 10, 2023, 08:24:25 am by ncRover »
Has there been any news on these 2? Were they injured for the Walsall game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Close and Molyneux
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2023, 08:32:05 am by Branton Rover »
Out with bruised egos

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2023, 08:35:12 am by Campsall rover »
Think they had knocks and they both probably didn’t fancy it. Can you blame them, would you want to play in a Schofield team.
Seriously injuries multiply alarmingly when the team loses consistently and confidence is rock bottom.
It’s not a coincidence imo.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2023, 08:59:16 am by karldew »
“ Another season finished, season filled with a few ups & plenty of downs. Happy to stay injury free for the most part & to get another 44 games under my belt, looking forward for some time away and to prepare for a big season next year as the goal for promotion doesn’t change”

Molyneux on Twitter yesterday

roversareback

« Reply #4 on May 10, 2023, 09:03:01 am by roversareback »
Pretty mystified as to what the “few ups” were. Oh well we move, hopefully he will be a much better player next season under a proper manager who can get the best out of players.

He’s been a shadow of the player that we thought we was signing from Hartlepool.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2023, 09:04:41 am by Dare to dream! »
Molyneux will thrive under McCann. Exactly the type of football which will suit him.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2023, 09:11:36 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Agree completely about Molyneux DtD, there's a player in there bursting to get out, same with Kyle Hurst. And I think Miller and Lavery could come good played as part of a pair, ideally with a proper target man. Play some progressive football and these will all shine next year.

Close for me got to go, big wages and really not what we need. Got the heart of a mouse.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2023, 09:13:44 am by PaulRover08 »
Under McCann I think Close would be to this team what Whiteman was to his L1 team. He's got it in him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2023, 09:18:28 am by Campsall rover »
Molyneux will thrive under McCann. Exactly the type of football which will suit him.
And Kyle Hurst and George Miller will thrive because he will bring in a proper centre forward to play up with him.

Anyway we don’t know we are getting McCann yet do we.
No good getting all giddy about it until and if it happens.

Blunt might have plans on making Paul Green manager. That’s no disrespect to Greeny as he was one of my favourite players ever at Rovers.
I have also spoken to him on several occasions at his A1 soccer school where my Grandson regularly goes during school holidays. Great guy but pease let’s have an experienced manager.
If GM or Artell ( Was Greeny’s manager ) wanted Greeny as his assistant then fine no problem with that at all.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2023, 09:27:04 am by ncRover »
Under McCann I think Close would be to this team what Whiteman was to his L1 team. He's got it in him.

Can’t see that I’m afraid unless he receives a major kick up the arse and finds some legs.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2023, 09:28:54 am by ncRover »

Yep I agree in his 4-3-3 get an attacking right back to offer an overlap and free him up. Luke always tries hard just hasn’t worked in this season’s team. Brown awful.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2023, 09:29:25 am by TonySoprano »

Absolutely, just like malik wilks.
He will score plenty from cutting inside

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2023, 09:38:57 am by DonnyOsmond »
Some of you seem to have forgotten that McCann plays a 4-3-3, he won't be bringing in someone to play with Miller.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2023, 09:39:17 am by ncRover »
And Kyle Hurst and George Miller will thrive because he will bring in a proper centre forward to play up with him.

Blunt might have plans on making Paul Green manager. That’s no disrespect to Greeny as he was one of my favourite players ever at Rovers.
I have also spoken to him on several occasions at his A1 soccer school where my Grandson regularly goes during school holidays. Great guy but pease let’s have an experienced manager.
If GM or Artell ( Was Greeny’s manager ) wanted Greeny as his assistant then fine no problem with that at all.

I’d be intrigued to see G Miller play as a wide forward in a 4-3-3. He looks better with the play in front of him rather than back to play. Hard to get that playing as a lone striker.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2023, 10:18:25 am by Campsall rover »

I’d be intrigued to see G Miller play as a wide forward in a 4-3-3. He looks better with the play in front of him rather than back to play. Hard to get that playing as a lone striker.
He also played 4-1-3-2 and 4-3-1-2 on occasions.
Yes his preferred system was 4-3-3  I agree but that was with the players he had in our squad in 18/19
The squad even with new additions is very different to that one.
I think he will play a system suited to what he has at his disposal.
We are not likely to get anyone as good as Marquis, Wilks, Kane and Whiteman next season.

He will be adaptable I am sure unlike DS who was going to stick with 5-2-3 even if we lost the next 46 league games.  :facepalm:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2023, 10:30:47 am by Bessie Red »

Yes his preferred system was 4-3-3  I agree but that was with the players he had in our squad in 18/19
We are not likely to get anyone as good as Marquis, Wilks, Kane and Whiteman next season.

He will be adaptable I am sure unlike DS who was going to stick with 5-2-3 even if we lost the next 46 league games.  :facepalm:

We won't need players as good as Marquis, Wilks, Kane and Whiteman to get out of this league.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2023, 10:44:00 am by Barmby Rover »
Looking for other contracts, or already have them?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2023, 10:54:59 am by Campsall rover »

We won't need players as good as Marquis, Wilks, Kane and Whiteman to get out of this league.
Hopefully not. We are in trouble if we do.
I never suggested we would. I also missed Copps off that quartet so now quintet.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2023, 11:15:51 am by EasyforDennis »
Think they had knocks and they both probably didn’t fancy it. Can you blame them, would you want to play in a Schofield team.
Seriously injuries multiply alarmingly when the team loses consistently and confidence is rock bottom.
It’s not a coincidence imo.

I could guarantee there wouldn't be many injured if we was in the play off places.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2023, 11:22:45 am by Colin C No.3 »
I reckon McCann will already have a list of players he would want to bring to the club & the chances of attracting better players went up ten fold with yesterdays announcement.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2023, 11:37:33 am by Campsall rover »
I reckon McCann will already have a list of players he would want to bring to the club & the chances of attracting better players went up ten fold with yesterdays announcement.
Which could be very different to the list Copps has made!!! 
So where would that leave Copps. They will need to be on the same page, singing from the same song sheet.
If there are any issues between them from 2019 then it is going to be awkward. A serious reconciliation would be needed.
That’s if of course there were any issues. Again rumour and no facts. Unless anyone has any facts?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2023, 11:42:30 am by Alan Southstand »
It’s quite straightforward, surely. The manager has his list and all he has to do is hand it over, with the clear concise instruction ‘go and get me these’ and then we’ll look at others after they’re signed!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! ;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2023, 12:09:03 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s quite straightforward, surely. The manager has his list and all he has to do is hand it over, with the clear concise instruction ‘go and get me these’ and then we’ll look at others after they’re signed!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! ;)
If only life was as simple as that Alan  ;)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2023, 12:36:34 pm by Lesonthewest »

Absolutely, just like malik wilks.
He will score plenty from cutting inside

I was thinking that as I read this. If it McCann, I believe he could turn him into a Malik Wilks type.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2023, 01:45:02 pm by Drover »

Kyle Hurst was the first player come to mind that I thought would flourish under McCann

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 10, 2023, 03:56:17 pm by roversdude »
Just remember yes we had Wilks but we also had Paul Taylor
Really hoping that we can get McCann though - as was pointed out he has more experience now

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 10, 2023, 04:08:42 pm by andyst79 »
Not a chance , we need much more dynamic & robust midfielders than Close

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 10, 2023, 04:11:05 pm by Butchers Red »
Re Mallik Wilks - his career has nosedived though - only managed 1 goal in 19 for a successful Owls side this season 

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 10, 2023, 04:56:27 pm by Belle_Vue »
Doesn't get the minutes. Wednesday fan I know can't understand why they chased signing him, even paid a fee and Moore Doesn't play him.

Not happy with Moore, Doesn't think they will be going up

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 10, 2023, 05:41:36 pm by Jonathan »
Whiteman was a colossus in our midfield. Physically imposing and great at winning back possession. These are not descriptions or qualities I’d associate with Close. In fact I don’t think Close could be any further away... That said I can’t help but think he must have more to give in the right system.

Molyneux is one I could definitely see improving under new management and in a different system. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012