Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:20:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blunt and the jigsaw  (Read 4512 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Blunt and the jigsaw
« on May 10, 2023, 12:16:33 pm by Canadian Rover »
Strong rumours going on social media that David Blunt is stepping down. If this was to happen what gaps would it leave? Thinking about it I think we are in an ideal position Gavin could step in as chairman and carry on the business side of the club with HOF Copps on the football side. I think maybe we are ideally set up already if our chairman does resign. We already have the pieces of the jigsaw ready to click.

Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
Re: Blunt and the jigsaw
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2023, 12:22:35 pm by TonySoprano »
I think there's outside investment and a new face on the board incoming.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2023, 12:25:37 pm by anton123 »
I think there's outside investment and a new face on the board incoming.
Would be ideal if true for someone to help terry cover bills

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2023, 12:49:56 pm by Donny Exile in York »
He has to go. His position is untenable imho. He has presided over our worst run for 25 years, including over 65 league defeats in under 2.5 seasons, our lowest position in over 20 years, shocking recruitment of 4 managers who were poor, including 3 rookie managers and poor player recruitment  including an absolute shambolic end to a summer transfer window in 2021 which was unprecedented for us in 25 years.  All this then 23 defeats this season alone after publicly saying we would bounce back decisively.

As bad I think is his credibility according to all the noises from ex managers and players saying there was massive spin requested from the top over budgets, noises coming from Dickov, Ferguson, Moore, McCann, Wellens.. 4 of 5 who went on to much better, and recently players like Knoyle. Players and managers would be thinking were unambitious which we have been. Who with any real worth or ability on the way up would want to come to work at Donny under the current model, both players and managers.

Add to this the worn look of the stadium, poor quality kits and matchday programme, apathy around the stadium on a match day and the strategy of self inflicted sustainability and austerity the Board have recently confirmed they have imposed.

Most Rovers fans also are aware of this now hence the significant decline in season ticket sales. The general Rovers fan base has finally woken up and smelt the proverbial coffee re Blunt and our leadership. Hence change at the very top is needed ASAP.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:29:05 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2023, 01:05:01 pm by Campsall rover »
Strong rumours going on social media that David Blunt is stepping down. If this was to happen what gaps would it leave? Thinking about it I think we are in an ideal position Gavin could step in as chairman and carry on the business side of the club with HOF Copps on the football side. I think maybe we are ideally set up already if our chairman does resign. We already have the pieces of the jigsaw ready to click.

Thoughts?
It’s asking a lot of GB. He is the CEO. To be Chairman also, well it’s feasible I suppose. Think there are a few doing a dual role at other clubs but it is just a few.
Don’t think it is ideal and personally I think we need a new voice piece as Chairman.
Gavin does a fantastic job doing what he already does and he should be left to concentrate on his current role imo.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2023, 01:09:48 pm by Campsall rover »
He has to go. His position is untenable imho. He has presided over our worst run for 25 years, including over 65 league defeats in under 2.5 seasons, our lowest position in over 20 years, shocking recruitment of 4 managers who were poor, including 3 rookie managers and poor player recruitment  including an absolute shambolic emd to a summer transfer window in 2021 which was unprecedented for us in 25 years.  All this after publicly saying we would bounce back decisively.

As bad I think is his credibility according to all the noises from ex managers and players saying there was massive spin requested from the top over budgets, noises coming from Dickov, Ferguson, Moore, McCann, Wellens.. 4 of 5 who went on to much better, and recently players like Knoyle. Players and managers would be thinking were unambitious which we have been. Who with any real worth or ability on the way up would want to come to work at Donny under the current model, both players and managers.

Add to this the worn look of the stadium, poor quality kits and matchday programme, apathy around the stadium on a match day and the strategy of self inflicted sustainability and austerity the Board have recently confirmed they have imposed.

Most Rovers fans also are aware of this now hence the significant decline in season ticket sales. The general Rovers fan base has finally woken up and smelt the proverbial coffee re Blunt and our leadership. Hence change at the very top is needed ASAP.
100% agree DXY
It took a long time before I realised Blunt was obviously the man holding the Club back.
It has been plainly obvious to all of us I think now for 12 months.
We desperately need a change at the top table.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2023, 01:31:07 pm by silent majority »

Thoughts?

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2023, 01:33:49 pm by Canadian Rover »

Thoughts?

Well looks like he's here to stay folks...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2023, 01:38:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
If he does step down the a new chairman with extra investment should come on to the board he would help TB with investment required. Let’s see what develops.

That scenario as to be approved by TB wishful thinking maybe.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:41:24 pm by steve@dcfd »

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2023, 01:39:10 pm by Barmby Rover »

Thoughts?

Well looks like he's here to stay folks...

He wouldn't tell you if he did know something.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2023, 02:04:22 pm by Upton Rover »
Doesn’t tell the truth

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2023, 02:13:53 pm by TheFunk »
As far as I can see it's a rumour started by the Netto lot on twitter. They get more rumours wrong than they do right. They said that there was another major outgoing shortly and everyone seems to have jumped to the conclusion that it's Blunt they're talking about.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2023, 03:05:01 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Baldwin is the brightest spark on the board. So wouldn't be against him taking on the chairman role.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2023, 03:20:24 pm by TonySoprano »

Thoughts?

How disappointing, the club is crying out for a fresh start too.

Does that put to bed any outside investment ? Because I doubt any investors would be happy for him to remain as chairman .

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2023, 03:35:20 pm by graingrover »
It is a fact that the Bramall / Blunt / Watson relationships are long standing and no doubt Mr Bramall feels a sense of loyalty to D Blunt who has ‘ served’ him at Keepmoat and at DRFC over the years .If he realises he is the only person who can save DB from being progressively vilified by fans on social media and in the stadium he could ask him to become Honorary President of Club Doncaster , vacating the Chairmanship of Rovers .Otherwise the discontent with the Chairmanship will grow and grow like a cancer at our club and damage our image and well being off and on the field .

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2023, 03:41:17 pm by pib »
I can see why he's staying. I mean, under his stewardship as Chairman we have gone from a stable L1 club that would challenge to get into the Championship, to a club looking over its shoulder worrying about slipping into non-league. Loyalty completely justified.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2023, 04:16:28 pm by silent majority »
Doesn’t tell the truth

Unlike you of course!!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2023, 04:21:46 pm by Lincoln Rover »

Thoughts?

No way will TB want or need anyone else to come on the board. Let’s be polite, he doesn’t need investment does he?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2023, 04:45:04 pm by steve@dcfd »

Thoughts?

No way will TB want or need anyone else to come on the board. Let’s be polite, he doesn’t need investment does he?
When anybody mentions for TB to invest more than others on here pull them up. So no he doesn’t need anybody else to invest but does he still want to use his money to ensure there are sufficient funds to move us forward.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2023, 05:06:31 pm by TonySoprano »
Hmmm, so with blunt reportedly going nowhere and no outside investment coming in, then I wonder what the upcoming news could be ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2023, 05:11:33 pm by silent majority »
Hmmm, so with blunt reportedly going nowhere and no outside investment coming in, then I wonder what the upcoming news could be ?

Apart from a new manager?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2023, 05:12:23 pm by silent majority »

Thoughts?

When anybody mentions for TB to invest more than others on here pull them up. So no he doesn’t need anybody else to invest but does he still want to use his money to ensure there are sufficient funds to move us forward.

He's already publicly stated that he's going to hasn't he? What more do you need?

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2023, 05:21:26 pm by Ryaldinhio »
The free press story about Close getting player of the year reads to me as Copps wasn't at the ceremony......

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2023, 05:23:28 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Danny Schofield had been due to attend the annual event celebrating football in South Yorkshire along with his coaching staff and Rovers’ head of football operations James Coppinger. But none of them were present following news of Schofield’s dismissal that morning. Close was not asked about his manager’s exit.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2023, 05:54:30 pm by TonySoprano »

Apart from a new manager?
Yes, that's what I'm led to believe

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 10, 2023, 06:02:45 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We need some energy and drive in the chairman role, he’s been as enthusiastic as a wet fish.
The head of football needs to be an ex manager , vastly experienced who wants that kind of role. Or someone heavily versed in the scouting scene, who knows players throughout the country.

If we can’t get that, then the role should be discontinued.
Coppinger deserves respect for all the years he played for us, overseeing youth development or something like that, not a role above the manager when he hasn’t been one himself.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 10, 2023, 06:11:48 pm by In the box »

Thoughts?

When can we expect to here formally from the club of its intentions regarding the manger appointment and if they intend to maintain the James Coppinger supporting role .

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 10, 2023, 06:18:43 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Really we hear very little from fan representation on anything to do with the board. It’s more like the board are being represented. I understand everything can’t be shared but what fans do get you couldn’t fatten a cat up with.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 10, 2023, 06:19:46 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Doesn’t tell the truth

Unlike you of course!!

Pack this squabbling like junior school children, it’s not welcome.

If you have something meaningful to say SM then say it. Otherwise might I, with all due respect, ask you to refrain from unnecessary back handed one liners.

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 10, 2023, 06:28:23 pm by Leedsrover »
I just don't understand the apparent obsession with getting rid of David Blunt.

I am sure he didn't choose the players we brought in who were not good enough. I am equally sure that he didn't tell Schofield to play his rigid , boring, inflexible formations. He also would not have heralded Todd Miller as the answer to our lack of goals. I furthermore don't really get the problem with him not having Mr Ryan's charismatic personality.

If he has worked with Messrs Bramhall and Baldwin to address the poor performance of our team over the last 2 years or so by investing more in the 1st team then that's surely a good thing.

He recognised that the performances of our recent team management left a lot to be desired and acted having given them all a chance to achieve the improvement we all craved for. 

Sure, he was part of the board that appointed them but he does not have a crystal ball that told him in advance that they would fail.

Hubert Bates anyone?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012