Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:38:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boris quits as MP with immediate effect  (Read 5371 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Boris quits as MP with immediate effect
« Reply #120 on June 19, 2023, 04:15:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
But no other party has been led by someone with a 30 year track record of lying through his teeth about anything an everything from the shape of bananas to where he put his cock.

No other party has been led by a liar who broke his own law then lied about it repeatedly.

No other party has ever had an ex-PM found by his peers to have deliberately and knowingly lied to the House.

What in earth are you trying to balance up here?

Which party leader led the UK into an illegal war.

Which party leader misled the house in his pursuit of taking the UK into an illegal war?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on June 19, 2023, 04:31:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep. And I left the Labour party over that, refused to vote Labour while he was leader, and have frequently expressed my disgust at that.

What exactly is your point here?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on June 19, 2023, 04:51:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well, I won't be leaving the Conservative Party over Boris Johnson, even though he was 3 prime ministers ago, and therefore shouldn't really be in the equation for future voting. Well, that and I'm not a member of the Tory Party anyway! But I'm sure you will forgive those who do vote for the Tories next time, despite the disgusting Partygate incidents. I suppose just like you forgave the Labour Party for having a former PM who took the UK into a war that resulted in nearly half a million deaths.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on June 19, 2023, 05:20:50 pm by Iberian Red »
Proper waffle

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on June 19, 2023, 07:25:42 pm by Filo »
Sunak, like the coward he is has not turned up for the debate, that is shameful from the PM over something as serious as this

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on June 19, 2023, 07:51:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sunak, like the coward he is has not turned up for the debate, that is shameful from the PM over something as serious as this

First time in history that an ex-PM has been booted out of the Commons by his peers for lying to them.

And the current PM can't find the balls to give a lead on this.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 19, 2023, 08:02:12 pm by Superspy »
Don't know the first thing about Jess Phillips but my word was it good to see a politician talking with some emotion and seeming like she actually cares, saying what she really thinks while trying really hard to reign in the language.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on June 19, 2023, 08:04:23 pm by Filo »
Nick Fletcher is voting against the report, remember people of Don Valley!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 19, 2023, 08:06:04 pm by wilts rover »

First time in history that an ex-PM has been booted out of the Commons by his peers for lying to them.

And the current PM can't find the balls to give a lead on this.

If he can't stand-up to a few mad muppets in his own party how on earth is he going to stand up to someone like Putin? Is he going to wait for Rees-Mogg to tell him what he can & can't do? Or be afraid to do anything which makes him unpopular? Now you know why he lost to the person who lost to the lettuce.

Thank goodness for Theresa May (again) and congratulations to Penny Mordaunt for knowing what is right and what the right thing for a senior minister to do is. I think Starmer got lucky again when she failed to gain the leadership.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 19, 2023, 08:48:21 pm by RobTheRover »

He's got no chance of getting re-elected.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on June 20, 2023, 12:38:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
118 Tory MPs and 28 Govt ministers tonight voted to accept the report that demonstrated Johnson is a liar.

Now, it's great that they've had the guts to do that tonight.

But they were in the party that he still led up until 10 months ago. Didn't any if them realise that he was a liar back then?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on June 20, 2023, 12:39:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And The Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Chancellor, Home Secretary and Foreign Secretary all refused to vote to accept that report. They all worked closely with Johnson. Don't they accept that he's a liar?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on June 20, 2023, 06:49:38 am by Donnywolf »

He's got no chance of getting re-elected.

Agree .... None whatsoever it would seem

He might get some reflected glory if DSA reopens but that looks too far away to save his skin

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on June 20, 2023, 07:40:29 am by Donnywolf »
When he deposed Caroline Flint he got 19000 plus votes as Cons raised their share of the Vote 1.4%

Flint lost close to 18%

Very close to 40% didn't even bother to Vote and hopefully they will be persuaded this time for various reasons.

In my age range I know at least 6 people that voted for Johnson's "Get B****t done" mantra and they steadfastly think he and they are still right.

That's their prerogative of course but I also know others who concede that they were wrong to Vote for Fletcher / Johnson and despite them trying to extend the Constituency into the Isle of Axholme I am sure that Fletcher would be history.

He has appeared dreary , dismal and not surprising " loose" with the truth. In fact all most people will remember of him is showing a photo of himself in Thorne saying " out with the good people of Thorne today" BUT using a photo of a visit he made at Christmas time , some 6 months earlier

He should be returned to obscurity when we finally get a GE

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on June 20, 2023, 09:17:50 am by danumdon »
I live in the Don Valley Constituency and i agree that this fella has not come across well at all.

Its very likely he will loose his seat at the next GE, however who will he be replaced by? the way these things are done these days its usually some party plant with no history or allegiance to the area, but with an activist record as long as your arm. Labour are now very proactive in ensuring that their prospective candidates are "vetted" to the 12th degree, they have to be on the same page as Starmer and they will no doubt align themselves with every policy and initiative that the party machine will wheel out, and then they will just as quickly as the party itself, disassociate themselves with policy that's deemed not for now or to put on the back burner.

Whatever happened to independent thinking and having the strengths of your own convictions in these people, it seems some will go to any lengths to get on the bandwagon.

I am aware that Flint was a plant from above when she first came and i will agree that she did put time and effort into the job, lived in the borough and made it her home, that she had her own mind and convictions was great and a credit to her but i very much doubt this will be the case this time, its a thing of the past now with Starmer's robotic army of disciples of everything and nothing.

Ill await to see what appertains but i doubt i will be proved wrong.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on June 20, 2023, 10:27:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I live in the Don Valley Constituency and i agree that this fella has not come across well at all.

Its very likely he will loose his seat at the next GE, however who will he be replaced by? the way these things are done these days its usually some party plant with no history or allegiance to the area, but with an activist record as long as your arm. Labour are now very proactive in ensuring that their prospective candidates are "vetted" to the 12th degree, they have to be on the same page as Starmer and they will no doubt align themselves with every policy and initiative that the party machine will wheel out, and then they will just as quickly as the party itself, disassociate themselves with policy that's deemed not for now or to put on the back burner.

Whatever happened to independent thinking and having the strengths of your own convictions in these people, it seems some will go to any lengths to get on the bandwagon.

I am aware that Flint was a plant from above when she first came and i will agree that she did put time and effort into the job, lived in the borough and made it her home, that she had her own mind and convictions was great and a credit to her but i very much doubt this will be the case this time, its a thing of the past now with Starmer's robotic army of disciples of everything and nothing.

You prefer a Martin Redmond?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on June 20, 2023, 01:37:14 pm by tommy toes »

Danum
I am hoping that Elizabeth Dennis-Harburg gets the Labour ticket in Don Valley.
She's currently the leader of the Labour Council in North Herts, but is a Donny lass through and through.
She's a brilliant communicator and cares passionately about Donny and district.
I know she was very keen at one point to go for Don Valley, but last time I spoke to her she was not confident about being selected. We'll see.
Edit
Just looked at Google her cooling it  might be summat to do with recent issues in her job
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 01:56:15 pm by tommy toes »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 20, 2023, 02:00:30 pm by danumdon »

I certainly dont,

Also anyone who has had any involvement with Doncaster Council in any of its disguises over the years should never be considered for anything higher than maybe helping on on a bin round.

The standard of councillors in Doncaster going back many years has been shocking, when a job lot of them got arrested for fiddling a few years back they should of all been removed and in effect started again from scratch.

Awful governance and neglect of a borough for many many years.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on June 20, 2023, 02:05:29 pm by danumdon »

Danum
I am hoping that Elizabeth Dennis-Harburg gets the Labour ticket in Don Valley.
She's currently the leader of the Labour Council in North Herts, but is a Donny lass through and through.
She's a brilliant communicator and cares passionately about Donny and district.
I know she was very keen at one point to go for Don Valley, but last time I spoke to her she was not confident about being selected. We'll see.
Edit
Just looked at Google her cooling it  might be summat to do with recent issues in her job

You've probably just described exactly why she wont be getting the nomination. She sounds like she might have a mind of her own, we all know Starmer doesn't like people who can think independently.

Shame really, if she's anywhere near as good as you think then she would be a massive improvement on the current cabal who happen to sit in Doncaster seats but have next to bugger all to do with the place.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on June 20, 2023, 02:14:58 pm by tommy toes »
A bit harsh Danum.
Rosie Winterton spends most of her time supporting  one thing in Donny then another, and standing up for the community.
She came to our fundraiser on Friday night and then to the opening of a miners memorial in the village on Sunday and donated and spoke at both.
Her successir Sally Jameson attends everything and works her socks off despite having a full time job at the Prison.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on June 20, 2023, 02:37:09 pm by danumdon »
A bit harsh Danum.
Rosie Winterton spends most of her time supporting  one thing in Donny then another, and standing up for the community.
She came to our fundraiser on Friday night and then to the opening of a miners memorial in the village on Sunday and donated and spoke at both.
Her successir Sally Jameson attends everything and works her socks off despite having a full time job at the Prison.

I have friends who live in her constituency, they had a not so good experience with her when they required her assistance.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on June 20, 2023, 03:21:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I certainly dont,

Also anyone who has had any involvement with Doncaster Council in any of its disguises over the years should never be considered for anything higher than maybe helping on on a bin round.

The standard of councillors in Doncaster going back many years has been shocking, when a job lot of them got arrested for fiddling a few years back they should of all been removed and in effect started again from scratch.

Then what DO you want Labour to do?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on June 20, 2023, 04:59:47 pm by danumdon »

I certainly dont,

Then what DO you want Labour to do?

If you actually read the post you wouldn't need to ask.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012