Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:55:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Terry Bramall.  (Read 3318 times)

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
Terry Bramall.
« on July 29, 2023, 10:59:40 pm by Dabbermoo »
What kind of treatment will Terry get when he attends games this season? IMO he has done everything he can between last season and now, he's got the manager in fans were screaming for, he's invested a great deal of money into players and wages and 10 new players in shows he's backed up GM straight away. He should be lauded by 1 and all I feel.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Re: Terry Bramall.
« Reply #1 on July 30, 2023, 12:02:56 am by Ryaldinhio »
If I bump into him I will shake his hand and say thankyou

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 30, 2023, 12:06:33 am by RobTheRover »
What kind of treatment will Terry get when he attends games this season? IMO he has done everything he can between last season and now, he's got the manager in fans were screaming for, he's invested a great deal of money into players and wages and 10 new players in shows he's backed up GM straight away. He should be lauded by 1 and all I feel.

Is there any suggestion he's going to get a hard time? I don't think there is.

Terry and Gavin were never the problem.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 30, 2023, 12:09:48 am by Bentley Bullet »

Who was the problem then?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 30, 2023, 12:35:54 am by Drover »

That's a blunt question!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 30, 2023, 12:41:53 am by Bentley Bullet »

That's a blunt question!
So the problem's still there then?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 30, 2023, 12:47:11 am by Drover »

That's a blunt question!

To be honest BB,Im only guessing at who was being refered to,but if it is someone who is still there,that does not mean he is still the problem,he may have been persuaded/covinced or advised to take a different approach,in the short term atleast.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 12:50:29 am by Drover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 30, 2023, 12:51:02 am by Bentley Bullet »

That's a blunt question!

To be honest BB,Im only guessing at who was being refered to,but if it is someone who is still there,that does not mean he is still the problem,he may have been persuaded/covinced or advised to take a slightly different approach,in the short term atleast.
If that's the case there's nowt wrong with someone who admits the error of their past ways.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 30, 2023, 12:55:50 am by Drover »

That's a blunt question!

To be honest BB,Im only guessing at who was being refered to,but if it is someone who is still there,that does not mean he is still the problem,he may have been persuaded/covinced or advised to take a slightly different approach,in the short term atleast.
If that's the case there's nowt wrong with someone who admits the error of their past ways.
True

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 30, 2023, 07:13:33 am by Padge_DRFC »
Who fired Schofield? Coppinger would have kept him which is very concerning
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 09:06:19 am by Padge_DRFC »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 30, 2023, 09:02:06 am by drfchound »

Rob, most people would know that but did you ever hear the singing section in the South Stand voice their opinion of Gavin.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 30, 2023, 09:41:14 am by idler »
The South Stand never did as such hound but a few on here tended to bunch DB Gavin and TB together which is a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
I just hope that the present positivity carries on and we can get some momentum going early doors. We all know that at the first stumble the odd regular trolls and pessimists will be doom mongering.
It's a long season and we should all want to enjoy it as much as possible.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 30, 2023, 09:47:20 am by ravenrover »
Remind me whose face featured on one of those Netto flags last year

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 30, 2023, 10:07:45 am by drfchound »
The South Stand never did as such hound but a few on here tended to bunch DB Gavin and TB together which is a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
I just hope that the present positivity carries on and we can get some momentum going early doors. We all know that at the first stumble the odd regular trolls and pessimists will be doom mongering.

Idler, when they were singing “Gavin Baldwin, get out of our club” I think they made it quite clear what they thought of him.
It was a regular song.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 30, 2023, 10:29:55 am by Colin C No.3 »

Idler, when they were singing “Gavin Baldwin, get out of our club” I think they made it quite clear what they thought of him.
It was a regular song.

That bunch did & not represent the majority of the fan base.

Gavin Baldwin is the best CEO this club could wish for.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 30, 2023, 11:03:48 am by silent majority »

It was a regular song.

Gavin got regular abuse from a section of our supporter base, abusive phone calls, emails, and face to face abuse whilst on his travels to away games. His face, and his name, were the centrepiece of a campaign that achieved nothing but ill feeling.

None of it deserved in my opinion. For a much sought after CEO I’m surprised he’s still here.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 30, 2023, 11:20:58 am by graingrover »
My assessment gleaning remarks and comments from social media is that no distinction was being made between the three individuals that make up the Board. At least not until John Ryan started making public his personal views in support of Terry Bramall for his investment. He also regularly praises Gavin’s work as CEO.
JR has in this way isolated the Chairman as ( his) single target for criticism
The loudest group of anti-Board fans has yet to adjust their aim!
Though they are far from the representative of all of us they were noisy and if they are to continue they might consider not only identifying the right target for criticism but ALSO having the honesty to praise and thank Terry Bramall.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:25:52 am by graingrover »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 30, 2023, 11:23:16 am by Lesonthewest »

It was a regular song.

Gavin got regular abuse from a section of our supporter base, abusive phone calls, emails, and face to face abuse whilst on his travels to away games. His face, and his name, were the centrepiece of a campaign that achieved nothing but ill feeling.

None of it deserved in my opinion. For a much sought after CEO I’m surprised he’s still here.

That's absolutely ridiculous & those so called fans should hang their heads in shame, it's a good job the majority of our supporters back him & the work he has done for this club.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 30, 2023, 11:28:13 am by andy didcott »
We don’t know how lucky we are having these people at our club, Gavin was in the stands last week cleaning the seats.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 30, 2023, 12:05:16 pm by drfchound »

It was a regular song.

I agree 100% Colin.
I was just pointing out to Idler what those idiots were singing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 30, 2023, 12:32:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I can imagine come Saturday, JR will get plenty of adulation however, I suspect TB's name won't be mentioned at all.

Now I'm not sure whether TB will be there but, if he is then I can't help thinking he'll be sat there hearing "There's only one John Ryan" and think to himself "Typical, I put all my £millions in, he turns up and gets all the glory!"

Now don't get me wrong, it'll be great to see JR there, banging the drum, leading the Black Bank in getting behind the team but it would be good if they could just muster one verse of "There's only one Terry Bramall!"

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 30, 2023, 01:31:16 pm by GazLaz »
There’s no more or less of a problem now than there’s ever been. Terry has just put more money in. If any issues are just papered over by the quantity of cash applied then we will just end up back in shit street eventually after short term improvement. We need a take over as much as we’ve ever had and a proper structure putting in place. All our eggs are in a GM shaped basket. He’s great but won’t be here forever. We made the right strides recruiting a HoF, just a shame he wasn’t up to the role. Giving up that structure after the first mistake is a shame.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 30, 2023, 01:32:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That's absolutely ridiculous & those so called fans should hang their heads in shame, it's a good job the majority of our supporters back him & the work he has done for this club.

Shame? If they had any shame they'd have removed the disgusting crap from their twitter page, or even better shut it down completely.

It's still there, complete and unrepentent.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 30, 2023, 01:33:43 pm by idler »

It was a regular song.

I agree 100% Colin.
I was just pointing out to Idler what those idiots were singing.

Despite being a season ticket holder unfortunately I probably saw fewer games than any season since 1958 or possibly ever for that matter last season. The games I did attend I couldn’t hear organised chanting by many although I could see the banners. They seemed to represent only a small minority of the Black Bank and some of the younger element were probably easily led.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 30, 2023, 01:38:06 pm by ravenrover »
Where were you sat? Could hear it very clearly where I sit in West

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 30, 2023, 06:07:29 pm by idler »
G538.
Mind you the wife’s always complaining about my hearing, or lack of it.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2023, 04:39:23 pm by graingrover »
I got a lot of personal abuse from one of that group and I should have reported it at least to Twitter if not the police at the time when it culminated in a death wish to me with the words  ‘ the clock is ticking for you and you don’t have long ‘ I assumed he was talking of my age but whatever he was not a normal human being for sure. He said I am also a Chinese communist lover which I thought was surprisingly complimentary in fact

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2023, 05:30:25 pm by EasyforDennis »
We see them after every home game exiting the South stand. Most of them are just snotty nosed little kids who haven't started shaving yet

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 31, 2023, 05:39:00 pm by In the box »
The decisions of the past few seasons has lead Terry Bramhall stepping in with hard cash and hopefully reverse the club’s fortunes and row back from the inevitable relegation out of the EFL . I’m personally content as supporter of over 50years that if all that has been done preseason with signings , season ticket pricing , catering changes etc and Terry Bramhall’s  interventions has put right right decisions taken by others and put the club back on track !! Respect

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 31, 2023, 06:17:51 pm by Lesonthewest »

Unrepentant? These idiots wouldn't even know the meaning of the word, a tiny minority of our fan base that  will crawl back into their holes hopefully sooner than later.

Shame? If they had any shame they'd have removed the disgusting crap from their twitter page, or even better shut it down completely.

It's still there, complete and unrepentent.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012