Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:06:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lionesses  (Read 6112 times)

Thorney

• Forum Member
Re: Lionesses
« Reply #90 on August 20, 2023, 01:06:59 pm by Thorney »
Joke ofba decision by the ref, she was going to her pocket for a card until she realised that the player was on a yellow already, that would of made a difference last 15 mins.

Though I think England got the tactics wrong, hemp was England's most dangerous player in the 1st half and then the changes at half time meant that hemp was then less effective. Don't know how Stanway stayed on all game

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 20, 2023, 01:35:35 pm by tyke1962 »
I could go down the softer road because it's the ladies , " look how far we've come " and " we should be proud " etc etc .

Unfortunately ladies there's no soft landing because if you want the country to be emotionally invested and it's right to want that you also have to accept the other side of that .

Spain were better in every area , technically , tactically and fitness and we finished the game looking a real rag bag outfit .

Never turned up when it mattered the most .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 20, 2023, 01:40:19 pm by IDM »
I’m sorry but that last sentence is b*llocks.  England did “turn up” but they weren’t at their best, and Spain were better.  Sometimes it is just that simple. 

What England need to do, is work out how to compete better with teams like Spain.

Runners up in the World Cup is a huge disappointment on the day, but in the long term it is still a great achievement.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 20, 2023, 01:43:30 pm by Thorney »
I could go down the softer road because it's the ladies , " look how far we've come " and " we should be proud " etc etc .

Unfortunately ladies there's no soft landing because if you want the country to be emotionally invested and it's right to want that you also have to accept the other side of that .

Spain were better in every area , technically , tactically and fitness and we finished the game looking a real rag bag outfit .

Never turned up when it mattered the most .

Christ tyke, bit harsh. They will know they were outplayed but to say they didn't turn up is b*llocks. They gave it all, yes tactics probably weren't the best but Spain were good enough to counter anything England tried. There was no shame on England's part today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 20, 2023, 01:47:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Lot of top players missing from England squad. They’ve rode their luck quite a lot this tournament though and you can only run on fumes for so long. Did very well to get to the final. Better side clearly won.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 20, 2023, 01:47:18 pm by Thorney »
And you only have to look at players like Lucy bronze and Mary earps, you can see they don't want the,
Look how far we have come and didn't we do well comments.

They pride themselves on being the best and they will beat themselves up about it. Lucy more than anyone, she will take that goal as her fault for going off on a individual run and then being out of position

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on August 20, 2023, 01:53:26 pm by Filo »
And you only have to look at players like Lucy bronze and Mary earps, you can see they don't want the,

They pride themselves on being the best and they will beat themselves up about it. Lucy more than anyone, she will take that goal as her fault for going off on a individual run and then being out of position

That goal was totally her fault, she gestured to one of the England players to make the run before she ran into a dead end, the ball should have gone into the space regardless before the door shut

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 20, 2023, 02:09:18 pm by Branton Rover »
I wanted them to win. However delighted it’s not going to be wall to wall flag for waving coverage from virtue signallers. I hate it how they ram their woke agenda down our throats.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 20, 2023, 02:10:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good game. Fair result. We weren't quite sharp enough at crucial times. Early doors looked like Russo and Hemp would be the thorns in Spains defence but Russo looked off it today...maybe expelled alot of nervous energy.

The game was always likely to go the way it did as Spain have always been technically superior whilst we have our own more direct approach.

I didn't think we'd get passed the group stage but Weigman found a formation and a way to win games. They had to dig in at times so did exceptionally well to get the the final.

It was all about on the day and Spain played well and countered our power and pace really well whilst we squandered a few opportunities to hurt them enough. Weigman made bold changes to go and try and win the game but just wasn't our day.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on August 20, 2023, 02:11:05 pm by Thorney »

That goal was totally her fault, she gestured to one of the England players to make the run before she ran into a dead end, the ball should have gone into the space regardless before the door shut

She will know it was her fault and will more than likely blame herself for England's loss, you could see the way she played afterwards, very hyped up and howbshe was while the penalty was being taken, which helped the cause though.

Lucy is still the best rb in the womens game but it's hard when the midfield is non-existent. Once England get league Williamson back in there and Beth mead they will be a totally different side

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 20, 2023, 02:22:25 pm by monkeytennis »
I wanted them to win. However delighted it’s not going to be wall to wall flag for waving coverage from virtue signallers. I hate it how they ram their woke agenda down our throats.

What’s a ‘woke agenda’ ?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on August 20, 2023, 02:25:21 pm by Branton Rover »
I wanted them to win - however thank goodness we’ve been spared the wall to wall virtue signaling & all the associated woke flag waving nonsense that inevitably accompanies it. The BBC have got its woke agenda & they love nothing more than ramming it down our throats whether we we want it or not.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 20, 2023, 02:25:26 pm by Iberian Red »

Are you for real,or just a misogynistic ring piece?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 20, 2023, 02:26:14 pm by Iberian Red »
I wanted them to win - however thank goodness we’ve been spared the wall to wall virtue signaling & all the associated woke flag waving nonsense that inevitably accompanies it. The BBC have got its woke agenda & they love nothing more than ramming it down our throats whether we we want it or not.

Too many shandies.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on August 20, 2023, 02:38:27 pm by EasyforDennis »
Summed up in 3 words.    "Not Good Enough"

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 20, 2023, 02:51:54 pm by turnbull for england »
Result apart, I've had a walk up to pub with my lad to watch game, it was nicely busy as were others all supporting. This was impossible 4 years back so just shows how it's building

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 20, 2023, 03:02:54 pm by IDM »
Summed up in 3 words.    "Not Good Enough"

Maybe 4 words would be more accurate: “not quite good enough”’.?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 20, 2023, 03:04:18 pm by Donnywolf »
.... and maybe they "dodged a bullet" ***

Queen of Spain and daughter frew in for Final and ended up presenting Medals and World Cup ( like our Queen did in 66 )

However King Charles and his Heir Wills didn't go and Charlie Boy is King of Aus so he could have gone to simply honour the holding of WC in his patch

So did anyone spot who would have presented our Lionesses their Medals and Trophy had they won ? Yes there on Podium was our superb very own James Cleverley current Foreign Secretary. Wasn't bothered about his " carbon footprint was he "

For the record I really wanted us to win and though 66% of our Team (guestimate) would have no idea who he was I am sure they would happily accepted the Trophy

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 20, 2023, 03:09:11 pm by EasyforDennis »
James Not very CLEVERly. He wouldn't have know which team was which.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 20, 2023, 03:29:11 pm by Branton Red »
What a thoroughly disappointing weekend of football.  :(

Best team won. No complaints.

England have done well to reach the final in a tough, competitive tournament after their injury problems.

They've shown real grit and resilience as well as no little skill these past few weeks.

Spain were just too good for them on the day.

Gutted though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 20, 2023, 03:31:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
Football is the national sport. At the senior level of the game, the sport is divided by gender. The women’s side of the senior game has just reached the pinnacle game of the global tournament. That’s a very high level of performance that deserved the recognition it got. Fairly poor in final mind, but that’s by the by.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 20, 2023, 05:47:55 pm by scawsby steve »
Well done England. We're all proud of you, coming runners up with such a depleted squad.

Congratulations Spain. The best team on the day won.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 21, 2023, 09:13:49 am by DRFC_AjA »
The team is too white unfortunately according to the left. Must try harder to diversity,  because of course we'd do the same for track and field or basketball

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/07/26/bbc-hit-racism-complaints-comments-englands-all-white-lionesses/

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on August 21, 2023, 10:12:28 am by German Rover »
The team is too white unfortunately according to the left. Must try harder to diversity,  because of course we'd do the same for track and field or basketball

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/07/26/bbc-hit-racism-complaints-comments-englands-all-white-lionesses/

Stop trying to be divisive.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on August 21, 2023, 10:19:24 am by Iberian Red »

You've just made that up and posted a link that proves you’ve made it up.
Not once in the article was"according to the left" mentioned.
It was the opinion of one pundit.
That post is as ridulous as one further up ranting at the "woke,virtue signaling BBC ramming it down our throats"
This thread is supposed to be in acknowledgement  of the lionesses and how well they did at the world cup.
It's incredible sad how posters try to politicise and hijack it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on August 21, 2023, 11:45:50 am by selby »
  If we had won it would have been good cheap terrestrial  TV, the fact we lost the suffering is good cheap terrestrial TV, if TV had not been there a bigger premiership game would have been played on the day of the final and broadcast on pay TV, and very few would have actually been bothered that the ladies were playing in Australia.
  So next weekend it will be back to the real stuff and mainly because we lost that game will be last weeks fish and chip paper as far as the majority of supporters are concerned, that is reality.
  Me I thought they did exceptionally well, projected their game forward to a wider audience, and I hope inspired more ladies footballers to play the game and clubs to be formed. Facilities already less in many areas than in my youth, in the Doncaster area I know of numerous sports fields no longer in existence will be the main thing that could hold the game back at grass roots many pitches already over played on and poor quality.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on August 21, 2023, 12:02:01 pm by DRFC_AjA »

Sky news yesterday,  Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones MBE "too many blonde haired blue eyed white girls". You're correct, it's extremely divisive, disgusting and racist isn't it

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 21, 2023, 12:41:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Sky news yesterday,  Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones MBE "too many blonde haired blue eyed white girls". You're correct, it's extremely divisive, disgusting and racist isn't it

Is that the same Wilfred Emmanuel Jones who was a Tory party candidate a few years back?

Phew! I never realised how all-encompassing The Left had become these days.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 21, 2023, 03:50:50 pm by scawsby steve »

Is that the same Wilfred Emmanuel Jones who was a Tory party candidate a few years back?

Phew! I never realised how all-encompassing The Left had become these days.

You're right, BST. He talked with a public school accent, and had a condescending manner.

I found his comments extremely racist and offensive, and the guy obviously knows nothing about the England women's football team. If he did, he'd be aware of past and present players like Alex Scott, Eni Aluko, Nikita Parris, Lauren James, and Jess Carter; all women who are not "blonde haired and blue eyed".

The guy's an absolute tw*t.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 03:54:05 pm by scawsby steve »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on August 21, 2023, 04:17:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS

I agree entirely that he sounds like an ignorant nasty t**t. But what on earth this had to do with The Left is anyone's guess.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012