Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 11:09:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sick and tired of being shit  (Read 3758 times)

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
Sick and tired of being shit
« on August 19, 2023, 05:07:52 pm by TonySoprano »
Thought this season would be different, but what we have seen so far suggests otherwise.

Can mcann turn it round?
Are the players he signed just rubbish?
Do we have a curse on us ?
Is there something in the water at the training ground?

Maybe we need to start talking about the national league.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: Sick and tired of being shit
« Reply #1 on August 19, 2023, 05:14:12 pm by mpc123 »
It's a very disappointing start for sure, not only results but performances are terrible.

GM will turn it around.

I'm not sure if the teams we have played are all good at knocking the ball about or we just give them the space.

Keep behind them, we will get out of this!

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 19, 2023, 05:19:01 pm by Upton Rover »
Still time it’s a very poor league, 46 goals scored in L2 today, is it because of some good stikers or some poor defences ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 19, 2023, 05:35:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
McCann will turn it around eventually given time, but having witnessed his side's performances this season, who's to say, Wellens, McSheffrey and Schofield wouldn't have done so had they been given similar financial backing, and time?

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 19, 2023, 05:42:26 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Another manager employed by Doncaster Rovers based on sentiment.

Looking forward to seeing what Dave Penney can do in 2024.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 19, 2023, 05:44:12 pm by Donnybax »
We might stop being so shit if we stopped playing shit players. 3 managers in a row have now continued to play Molyneux and he is absolutely garbage

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2023, 06:01:20 pm by swintonrover »

McCann is far better than sentiment and you know it. Cut the hyperbole.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 19, 2023, 06:20:13 pm by ncRover »
Midfield recruitment not quite right for me. The 2 new Harrogate midfielders bossed us the first time they played together. Time not an excuse now.

Bailey decent battler and legs but can’t pass.

Broadbent needed coaching through the game when he came on and panics on the ball.

Westbrooke anonymous.

Biggins can’t control a game, nor can Rowe.

Never thought I’d say this but we really need Ben Close! Only he has anything remotely resembling composure on the ball in midfield!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2023, 06:20:59 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I am sick of it too. McCann is a good manager and I’m happy we’ve got him but there’s just a thing at the moment where everything the club touches turns to shite.

We’ve signed some players that I reckon most L2 clubs would be well happy with and would be good for them. Yet because it’s DRFC they’re rubbish.

Unless I’ve just been too naive in believing we’ve got half decent players

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2023, 06:30:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
We might stop being so shit if we stopped playing shit players. 3 managers in a row have now continued to play Molyneux and he is absolutely garbage

Have to agree, he brings nothing & I've no idea how he keeps getting picked.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2023, 06:54:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Lawlor back to his worst.
Olowu a walking mistake
Wood has turned to stone
Midfield not even Conference standard. Why did we re-sign Westbrooke? Appalling.
Roberts poor
Ironside no service
Molyneux? Did he play?

Manager obsessed with 4-3-3 and heasn’t the players to fit into it.

Other than that……..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2023, 07:10:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Lawlor back to his worst.
Olowu a walking mistake
Wood has turned to stone
Midfield not even Conference standard. Why did we re-sign Westbrooke? Appalling.
Roberts poor
Ironside no service
Molyneux? Did he play?

Manager obsessed with 4-3-3 and heasn’t the players to fit into it.

Other than that……..
What formation should GM play then Alan?
If the midfielders are not good enough the formation isn’t going to make a jot of difference.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2023, 07:13:10 pm by drfchound »
I dread to think of how many goals Everton reserves will put past us.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2023, 07:15:33 pm by ncRover »
3-5-2 with Ironside and Faal up top. Close could change things in midfield. Push Nixon up the pitch he’s a good player. A defender either side of Anderson / Wood protects the lack of pace from them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 07:19:02 pm by ncRover »

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2023, 07:24:14 pm by Barmby Rover »
The point at which we became a really good side in the past was when we signed Richie Wellens to partner Brian Stock. You need a good strong midfield, able to control and feed forwards, and protect your defence when needed. if ever we needed to pay decent money out to get that it was this close season, and the money wasn't spent or it wasn't available.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2023, 07:27:17 pm by dickos1 »

Shut up you muppet

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2023, 07:29:24 pm by BigH »
Have to agree with ncRover about the midfield. This has been a real problem for us since Moore left.

Recruitment has been consistently poor in this area for 5 transfer windows now. Ironically, McSheffrey got closest to something half decent with the recruitment of Tomlin and Clayton but, unfortunately, both were past it.

McCann is pinning his hopes on Broadbent and Bailey coming good. That will take time, this season at least, if at all. Remember that it took Whiteman a couple of seasons to properly develop with us.

The problem is that they’re in at the deep end with no one to guide them through. If we’re not getting anywhere by the end of November then I think GM will have to look at a serious recruit or two in that area.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 19, 2023, 08:05:51 pm by POD »
3-5-2 with Ironside and Faal up top. Close could change things in midfield. Push Nixon up the pitch he’s a good player. A defender either side of Anderson / Wood protects the lack of pace from them.

I think that 3-5-2 is the answer.

With 4-3-3 we seem to have two of the three forward players who play wide and aren’t willing to help the midfield when we don’t have the ball.   

With 3-5-2 you have 2 wing backs who operate as defenders when we don’t have the ball and wide midfielders when we do have it.   We also get two strikers who can play close to each other and be available for crosses into the box from the two wing backs. 

BBC Sport said that we played 4-2-3-1 today but it looked more like 4-3-3, which for me is an ineffective system with the players that we have.   

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 19, 2023, 08:13:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the issue.

With the midfielders we have, we could play them all and have a 4-7-3 formation. If none of the f**kers breaks a sweat in trying to close down the opposition midfield, we'd still get f**ked. 

Last season, I thought we had THE most gutless, unaggressive midfield it was possible for a professional club to turn out. But we've signed players who put in even less of a shift, and the ones we already had look even worse.

It was crying out as a major problem from the first 5 minutes of the Harrogate game.

If we don't address that, we are in serious danger of this season turning into a catastrophe.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 19, 2023, 08:17:22 pm by Michael Shaw »

Shut up you muppet

If you can't agree with someone else or see their point of view, just call them names. Very intelligent of you.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 19, 2023, 08:18:31 pm by GazLaz »
I think Bailey has looked ok. The others terrible. Rowe has gone as a centre mid, he’s always been poor on the ball but he’s a couple of yards off it physically now as well it seems. I’d consider him at fullback potentially.

There is always a huge void between the midfield and attack because everyone is too deep. We need to be brave enough the push right up and condense the play more. Obvious to see but difficult to get a 50 year old Wood to be matching up past the half way line.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 19, 2023, 08:19:55 pm by Branton Red »
Here's the issue.

With the midfielders we have, we could play them all and have a 4-7-3 formation. If none of the f**kers breaks a sweat in trying to close down the opposition midfield, we'd still get f**ked. 

Last season, I thought we had THE most gutless, unaggressive midfield it was possible for a professional club to turn out. But we've signed players who put in even less of a shift, and the ones we already had look even worse.

It was crying out as a major problem from the first 5 minutes of the Harrogate game.

If we don't address that, we are in serious danger of this season turning into a catastrophe.

Exactly this.

Was the case throughout today's game.

See the first and third goals as prime examples.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 19, 2023, 08:27:08 pm by RoversInSpain »
That all sounds very complicated, how’s this for an idea?
Learn   How   To   Defend   A   Cross.

End of

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 19, 2023, 08:36:37 pm by andyst79 »
Midfield recruitment not quite right for me. The 2 new Harrogate midfielders bossed us the first time they played together. Time not an excuse now.

Broadbent needed coaching through the game when he came on and panics on the ball.

Westbrooke anonymous.

Never thought I’d say this but we really need Ben Close! Only he has anything remotely resembling composure on the ball in midfield!
If you think Close is the answer we are well f**ked

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 19, 2023, 08:46:28 pm by Goole Rover »
Thought this season would be different, but what we have seen so far suggests otherwise.

Can mcann turn it round?
Are the players he signed just rubbish?
Do we have a curse on us ?
Is there something in the water at the training ground?

Maybe we need to start talking about the national league.
Funny that. I mentioned the same to my son “is it a curse ? the last three managers can’t all be wrong”.
If ever there’s a man to rectify things it’s McCann.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 19, 2023, 08:46:40 pm by RoversInSpain »

Westbrooke anonymous.

If you think Close is the answer we are well f**ked
Hahahaha thought the same, been a huge disappointment and that’s being polite. Hopefully on his way to Havant and Waterlooville, back near Portsmouth, cos one things for sure he ain’t happy here.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 19, 2023, 09:00:39 pm by Goole Rover »
You don’t need pace if you think. Remember Jack Charlton, Bobby Moore and Tony Adams
they never broke sweat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 19, 2023, 10:05:21 pm by dickos1 »

Shut up you muppet

If you can't agree with someone else or see their point of view, just call them names. Very intelligent of you.

Employing mcCann had nothing to do with sentiment, and anyone who suggests it was is clueless

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 19, 2023, 10:16:37 pm by pib »
I don’t know what the answer is but we’re just so open!

Until we stop leaking simple goals it’s going to be a tough watch.

I’d take us grinding out a few 0-0’s at this point just to give us some stability.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 19, 2023, 11:10:07 pm by Donny Exile in York »
One of the problems imho is signing players that we had lined up.for the previous manager like Wood who played in a 3 at Rotherham in the Championship last year but looks all at sea in a McCamn 4 at the back.. if we were changing manager, why the feck sign him.. to me it smacks of lazy recruitment and hate to say it but Copps was part of that and of course the non existent lazy useless Blunt overseen the full mess..

We have a manager who plays 4-3-3.. a 38 year old Wood can't clearly play in a 4 and it's a mess as the club captain and leader is  slow as feck and one of the worst performers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 11:12:30 pm by Donny Exile in York »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012