Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:13:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dejected  (Read 4153 times)

bigallan

• Forum Member
Dejected
« on August 19, 2023, 06:01:54 pm by bigallan »
Never been more dejected in a long long while,I expected us to be a lot better than this !!!!!
Lone striker upfront wingers not tracking forward or back
A defender who can pass five yard no more
And as for a midfielder who can tackle would be a frigging blessing
Sorry but if it carries on like this !!!!!
£21 to watch that and I can assure I deserve more for my money if that was a turn at a club you'd pay em off

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Dejected
« Reply #1 on August 19, 2023, 06:09:15 pm by dickos1 »
If youve never been more dejected than this then you haven’t followed this club for very long

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 19, 2023, 06:24:03 pm by jmt23 »
I’m not sure we can keep saying stuff like that Dickos, I’ve been a fan around 37 years, and I am also dejected, I’ve seen the really bad times.

The hope that Grant brought is slowly going, you can see it in the fans- droves were leaving after 60-70 mins. I can’t repeat what most were saying as they left.

They were not a good team at all, they were passive until we switched off AGAIN…
I really hope Grant can do something, I thought half a season to gel, but I’m seriously worried now, they don’t have what it takes.

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 19, 2023, 06:44:35 pm by bigallan »
Dickos1 about 46 years pal all this hype all this McCann all this buy a ticket buy a shirt done it all a good pre season and this

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 19, 2023, 06:50:17 pm by mpc123 »
All the talk doesn't mean it's going to happen instantly.

GM will get it right! I'm more than confident. He is a winner. Keep backing him and the team.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 19, 2023, 06:52:12 pm by Branton Red »
Both dejected and disappointed after today. An utterly terrible performance.

McCann has his work cut out this coming week.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2023, 06:58:37 pm by Campsall rover »
If it’s any consolation Bradford got beaten 3-0 at Morecambe today.
They have 4 points only.
Mark Hughes will be under pressure. Expectations are nothing less than top 3 at Valley Parade.

Wrexham haven’t made a great start and are conceding goals.
Stockport only just got their 1st win today.

Long season ahead. We have another 42 games to play.
But yes after that total shambles today I am extremely concerned.

MK Dons away next Sat. Are we capable of getting anything there?
If we don’t it will be 1 point from 5 games.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 19, 2023, 07:00:17 pm by monkeytennis »
MK Dons have 9 points and positive GD, I can’t see us bringing anything home from there.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2023, 07:12:36 pm by Barmby Rover »
Bradford have 4 points, Wrexham came back from being 0-3 and 1-4 down, they score goals, Stockport have 4 points. We have 1 we are 1 place above Colchester, and they have played one less game than us. There's not much consolation about after this sort of start. The only one I feel sorry for is JR, after all the effort he put into PR before the season, this is how they reward him, he must feel sick.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2023, 10:10:41 pm by dickos1 »
Dickos1 about 46 years pal all this hype all this McCann all this buy a ticket buy a shirt done it all a good pre season and this

Grow some balls then and don’t throw you toys out of the pram after 4 games.
It’s ridiculous some of the negative rubbish posted on here, we’ve signed 10 new players, and we’re 4 games into 46, and we’ve got folk saying it’s the most dejected they’ve ever been.
It’s absolute nonsense

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2023, 10:13:43 pm by Butchers Red »

Grow some balls then and don’t throw you toys out of the pram after 4 games.
It’s ridiculous some of the negative rubbish posted on here, we’ve signed 10 new players, and we’re 4 games into 46, and we’ve got folk saying it’s the most dejected they’ve ever been.
It’s absolute nonsense

Couldn't agree more

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2023, 10:20:56 pm by pib »
I’m dejected. Don’t think it’s the most dejected I’ve ever been but it really does feel like supporting this club over the past 3 years has been a long drawn out nightmare.

I have faith in McCann and am by no means chucking the toys out of the pram after 4 games, but I didn’t expect us to be this far off it and I feel we’re so far away from where we need to be in terms of the performances, and I don’t see that being an easy fix.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2023, 10:58:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m dejected. Don’t think it’s the most dejected I’ve ever been but it really does feel like supporting this club over the past 3 years has been a long drawn out nightmare.

I have faith in McCann and am by no means chucking the toys out of the pram after 4 games, but I didn’t expect us to be this far off it and I feel we’re so far away from where we need to be in terms of the performances, and I don’t see that being an easy fix.

This.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2023, 11:13:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So we're shite at the minute, but if we were top of the table with 12 points all those talking of promotion would be brought back down to earth with the "it's only early days, so let's not get carried away" comments.

For the same reason, let's not get too down, so early in the season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2023, 11:14:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s not really the points, it’s the performances. Newport and Notts County were horror shows, Harrogate was flat, and Mansfield was disjointed even though some good fight in there. Overall given we’ve played a mixed bag of teams, you’d have to say 5/10 for performances to date.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2023, 11:16:59 pm by In the box »
We don’t do loosing on here very well … but I think we’re starting to get comfortable with it as anything else makes us feel a bit odd   :huh:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2023, 11:31:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It’s not really the points, it’s the performances. Newport and Notts County were horror shows, Harrogate was flat, and Mansfield was disjointed even though some good fight in there. Overall given we’ve played a mixed bag of teams, you’d have to say 5/10 for performances to date.
I can't argue with that, and maybe my post made me sound like a dreaded super-fan. Maybe I'm just clutching at straws in an attempt to feel better about the situation.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2023, 12:26:11 am by Pancho Regan »
I was also dejected after the game today, in fact for the first time in 55 years as a Rovers fan I missed a goal by leaving two minutes before the end.

But my batteries are being re-charged by reading posts by people like BST. I just relish him being proved wrong and having to eat humble pie when Grant gets this squad playing to their full ability.

And he will.

Keep the faith.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 20, 2023, 01:40:32 am by Colin C No.3 »
I too left after the 4th official showed 5 minutes added time & we’d given a free kick away 2 minutes into that time.

I’m not excusing a 75 mile journey home, just felt that my ‘persona’ at that time was doing neither me or the players any favours.

It’s taken me after midnight to look at the forum. Wish I hadn’t. Same old. BST penning his dissertation ‘Nay, where have all the mesters gone’ shite.

Get a grip man.

We’re 4 games in with a young team still gelling.

Yes, it was a hard watch today as have been the other losses thus far.

Patience is needed & yes, promotion may have to wait another season so Grant can get a couple more transfer windows under his belt.

Do I trust in McCaan, yes.
Do I trust in Baldwin, yes.
Do I trust in the owner, yes.
Do I lay any lasting credulity to posts of ‘the likes of BST’, no.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 20, 2023, 01:56:22 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s a bit shit though, let’s be honest.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 20, 2023, 02:16:02 am by Sammy Chung was King »
There are no excuses to be made, those performances aren’t good enough, new players or not.
I expected us to be finding our way early season, a few defeats, a couple of draws. I didn’t expect a total lack of idea of how to win a game, not under this manager. I didn’t think he would accept what he has so far.
I thought we would be well organised, very fit and hard to beat to start off with. We are none of these things. Early in the season, but very worrying, the total lack of organisation.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 20, 2023, 05:34:55 am by dickos1 »
A start constitutes to 12-15 games though, not 4.
I’m still confident after 15 games we will be in the top half and that will be a decent start, 4 games isn’t a start

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 20, 2023, 06:54:20 am by colincramb »
Can’t see anything other than another drubbing at MK Dons next week. At which point does it turn around? Colchester at home?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 20, 2023, 08:17:53 am by dickos1 »
Nobody expected the hull result so if it clicks like it did then, no reason we can’t win

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 20, 2023, 08:29:37 am by Donnywolf »
Never been more dejected in a long long while,I expected us to be a lot better than this !!!!!
Lone striker upfront wingers not tracking forward or back
A defender who can pass five yard no more
And as for a midfielder who can tackle would be a frigging blessing
Sorry but if it carries on like this !!!!!
£21 to watch that and I can assure I deserve more for my money if that was a turn at a club you'd pay em off

Yes I have to agree , but for me the dejection is probably due to my hopes being up for this Season and I was expecting much improvement

Last Season as a fan I expected we would be crap , outplayed , some players out of their depth and some simply going through the motions SO all that was "priced in" and I was sick but not surprised each game

This Season on paper with all the optimism it looked so different "on paper" but as we have said before , the game is not played on paper , and so I am more disappointed this Season so far than last simply because I didn't expect it

After watching Rovers for so long I probably SHOULD have known better

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 20, 2023, 04:08:23 pm by bigallan »
Dickos after what you have written/posted after what we have seen
I will hold you to what you have said 15 games top half ?????

What makes you think that two more games like thatand were chasing teams above and confidence gone
I just can't see where the goals are going to come from as well as gel in the meantime

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 20, 2023, 04:13:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I was also dejected after the game today, in fact for the first time in 55 years as a Rovers fan I missed a goal by leaving two minutes before the end.

But my batteries are being re-charged by reading posts by people like BST. I just relish him being proved wrong and having to eat humble pie when Grant gets this squad playing to their full ability.

And he will.

Keep the faith.

Glad to be of service.

Shouldn't need saying (but, this place eh?)   but I myself would be delighted to be 100% wrong about this and for us to suddenly click into form. If that happens and I destroy this image you have of me desperately wanting us to fail to be proved right, I'll apologise profusely.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 20, 2023, 04:15:32 pm by dickos1 »
Dickos after what you have written/posted after what we have seen
I will hold you to what you have said 15 games top half ?????

What makes you think that two more games like thatand were chasing teams above and confidence gone
I just can't see where the goals are going to come from as well as gel in the meantime

That’s where I think we will be it’s only 5 points with 11 games to play.
We have to improve obviously but I think we will, we’ve shown in glimpses what we’re capable of just need to show it more now

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 20, 2023, 06:34:43 pm by bigallan »
Sorry can't see it all pre season to gel and there's I think 4 shots on target
Producing ,3 goals in the games absolutely scandalous I accept your optimism but looking at McCann I know like he thinks it need an injection of summat but you can't get blood out of a stone

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 20, 2023, 07:07:33 pm by selby »
  I am no happier than anyone else, but four games is not a season and this squad has more in it than it has shown at the moment.
   Both the next two games are big games against teams not many would give us any chance at all against, but, football is not like that and things can change quickly, with simple things like a change of formation and a little luck making the difference.
   Ten to fifteen games is the time to really take a teams position in, hopefully by then we have stumbled onto what is our best team and a bit of form, here's hoping but if things are no better by then major surgery will be required.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012